Conquer Club

Big Battle of Small Maps! [WINNER = kuma32478]

Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Big Battle of Small Maps! [Round 3]

Postby -Maximus- on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:55 pm

Woo! Do I go ahead and drop those? Or can I still win his points off the record lol?
If you wrong me I will hunt you down and destroy you.
Major -Maximus-

Re: Big Battle of Small Maps! [Round 4]

Postby P4Ssoa on Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:09 pm

You win his points in the tournament. I've dropped the games for you. ;-)
Sorry for taking so long to reply! I should check this topic more often myself! :D

Invites for round 4 have been sent out! Good luck everyone!

*edit*

Invites for round 5 have been sent out! Good luck everyone!
Captain P4Ssoa

Re: Big Battle of Small Maps! [Round 5]

Postby kuma32478 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:29 pm

My opponent hasn't joined my egypt games
Private 1st Class kuma32478

Postby kuma32478 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:21 am

kuma32478 wrote:My opponent hasn't joined my egypt games

Any reply from the TO on this?

Postby P4Ssoa on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:19 am

kuma32478 wrote:
kuma32478 wrote:My opponent hasn't joined my egypt games

Any reply from the TO on this?

Appologies, I didn't check this topic the last few days.

Just like with maximus, you get the wins. :-)
Congratz!
Captain P4Ssoa

Re: Big Battle of Small Maps! [Round 6]

Postby P4Ssoa on Fri May 10, 2013 6:12 am

Round 7 is out!

Cryinlion, RISKMAN82 and randy pierce have been eliminated from the tournament in round 6.
When all groups have 2 players without an opponent, those players will compete against each other to make the groups smaller. (From 4 to 3 players in each group.)
Captain P4Ssoa

Re: Big Battle of Small Maps! [Round 8]

Postby P4Ssoa on Thu May 23, 2013 5:01 pm

Round 8 is out and post 1 has been updated!

Game invites are sent out.
24 out of 32 players are still in the tournament!
Good luck everyone!
Captain P4Ssoa

Re: Big Battle of Small Maps! [Round 9]

Postby P4Ssoa on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:32 am

Welcome everyone in round 9 of this tournament!

The tournament has now gone into an acceleration. 5 more players have been eliminated and we now have only 2 matches on each map!

15 players are left in the tournament as we had to say goodbye to iamkoolerthanu, mr_chopper, farinelli, templeyard and igotaished. Thank you for playing in this tournament guys. You guys have gotten very far!

There have been some changes in the GA medal race:
Leverpuller ended osman76's winning streak at 5 consecutive wins, giving kuma32478 a chance to break even!
Current scoreboard for biggest winning streak:
5 wins: kuma32478, osman76, Leverpuller
4 wins and counting: Silly Knig-it, Wingnut 16ga, -Maximus-

Will kuma win his next match and become the sole leader for this GA? Or will I_AM_BOGEY be able to stop him?!

For the GA medal that goes to the player with the most games won, Herus is still in the lead with 15 wins, closely followed by -Maximus- who has 14 wins at this moment.
Scoreboard for games won:
15 wins: Herus
14 wins: -Maximus-
13 wins: Onagras, Leverpuller, lordlau1, osman76
12 wins: jigger1986, I_AM_BOGEY, kuma32478, YoBFelip, P4Ssoa

This is one GA medal where everything can still chance in the blink of an eye!

While some players are on the edge of elimination, others are still safe and sound in this tournament. 4 rounds lost means elimination. These are the current standings:
3 rounds lost: jigger1986, TheTrueNorth, lordlau1, YoBFelip, P4Ssoa
2 rounds lost: Silly Knig-it, MattiWacklin, osman76, I_AM_BOGEY, Leverpuller, kuma32478, herus, -Maximus-, Onagras
1 round lost: Wingnut 16ga

While 5 players need to win to stay in the tournament, Wingnut16ga is the only player who has only lost 1 single round. Congratz I would say, but next round will be very difficult for you! *Cough* ;-)

Herus is the lucky person this round. You get to take the round of! :-)

Good luck everyone and enjoy the next round!
Captain P4Ssoa

Postby kuma32478 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:07 am

Correct me if I'm wrong on this:

The longer I win on Egypt: Nubia, the less people I will have to beat to win the final map in my rotation since they are all being beaten an eliminated each round I last on Egypt.

What if someone qualifies as the sole survivor on multiple maps?

Postby P4Ssoa on Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:16 am

That's true. Though you can not be the sole survivor on multiple maps.
It's true that every player you beat, you won't face again on Nubia. (since they lost on that particular map, they won't be playing that map again). Though you don't have to face them all to win the tournament. It's more focused on surviving then on eliminating others. (though if you win, you automatically eliminate the other player from that map^^) If you lose on map 1, you can still continue on map 2. It's very possible to play only on 1 map until you get in the finals, though you have 4 'lives'. If you lost on 3 maps, you can still get into the finals and win the finals. You just need to try and be one of the 4 players who has not lost on all 4 maps. :-)

First all 32 players were randomly devided into 4 maps. (Let's say Map A, Map B, Map C and Map D). The 4 players who lost on map A would play against the winners of Map B in round 2. The 4 players who won on map A, would play their next game on map A against the losers of Map D in round 2.

Only if you lose, you move to the next map. So we have some kind of cycle:

If you have lost on each of the 4 maps; you are eliminated from the tournament.

After a few rounds, when the first players get eliminated, some players would not have an opponent. They get the round off.
If there are 2 players without an opponent on all 4 maps, 2 winners on each map play against each other. (From this point there is one game less on each map.)

At a certain point in the tournament, there will be 2 games on each map. If all players are without an opponent, (this is when only 8 players are left in the tournament) the 2 'survivors' on each map will play against each other. (From this point there will be only 1 game on each map.) You will play until there are 4 players still in the tournament. When this happens, there will be one player left on each map.

When there are only 4 players left in the tournament, the finals will start! :-)

So short and simple:
There are 4 groups of players. If you lose, you move to the next group. Have you lost a round in each of the 4 groups; you are out.
The more players that are out, the smaller the groups will be.
If there are only 4 players left, the finals start.

Special GA medal for the player who:
-Won most games
-Won most consecutive rounds
Captain P4Ssoa

Postby kuma32478 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:37 am

So you can't be the map finalist for more than 1 map. if I win on Egypt, I stop playing until the finals.

Postby P4Ssoa on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:51 am

It's not about winning on a certain map though. It's about being one of the last 4 players left in the tournament.
This can only happen when there is only one player left on each map. This is why I called it, the survivor on that map.

However, you have now only lost 2 rounds in this tournament. So if you should lose your next round on egypt, you are not yet eliminated. You move to your next map (Doodle Earth). If you keep winning on doodle earth, until there are 4 players left in the tournament, you go to the finals. (It may be so that you have won 8 times on egypt, and twice on doodle earth before you go to the finals, it all depends on how well the other players are doing). If you lose on egypt and then on doodle earth, you will have lost on all 4 maps in the tournament, and you will be eliminated too.
Captain P4Ssoa

Re: Big Battle of Small Maps! [Round 10]

Postby P4Ssoa on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:44 am

Round 9 is over!
This round we have to say goodbye to YoBFelip. YoBFelip won 4 out of 8 rounds this tournament, winning 13 games and losing 11. Well played!

14 players continue to round 10. 9 out of 14 players will be eliminated when they lose the next round.
Only Silly Knig-it, Wingnut 16ga, Leverpuller, kuma32478 and herus have only lost on 2 different maps up to now and won't be eliminated if they lose the next round.

kuma32478 managed to win his last round, continueing his win streak with 6 consecutive rounds won in a row! He is now the sole leader for the GA medal!
Silly Knig-it is following in his footsteps and has now won 5 consecutive rounds.

5 players are currently tied for most games won:
lordlau1, Leverpuller, herus, P4Ssoa and -Maximus-

These are the last few rounds before the finals. Good luck to everyone!
Captain P4Ssoa

Postby -Maximus- on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:43 pm

Pretty sure I lost doodle earth two times now?
If you wrong me I will hunt you down and destroy you.
Major -Maximus-

Postby P4Ssoa on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:01 am

Sorry for the late reply. I was really busy the last 2 weeks.
Ugh,... I hope I didn't make any big mistakes. This tournament setup is pretty hard. I hope I didn't mess things up. (Even with the awesome excel sheet I made ^^)

I'll check it out right now and I'll setup the next round aswel!
Captain P4Ssoa

Postby P4Ssoa on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:17 am

Ok, thanks to the awareness of -Maximus-, I noticed I fucked up last round's setup pretty hard.
Everyone except TheTrueNorth and MattiWacklin played against the wrong player and half of the players played on the wrong map.

I hope everyone is ok with just re-playing round 10 against the correct opponent on the correct map?
I'm very sorry about the mistake guys! I hope it won't happen again!!

This is the correct setup now:

Ps: TheTrueNorth and MattiWacklin don't need to re-play their game as they did play on the correct map.
Captain P4Ssoa

Postby Clive on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:26 am

PM Sent
General Clive

Re: Big Battle of Small Maps! [Round 11 & 12]

Postby P4Ssoa on Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:01 am

Sorry it took so long to get this tournament to the next round. I was on hollidays and didn't think about asking someone else to cover for me.

Round 10 is over now and 4 more players were eliminated.
Me, Onagras, MattiWacklin and jigger1986 have gotten really far, though they didn't make it to the next round.

We are reaching the final stages of this tournament. Only 2 or 3 rounds to go!
Next round there are only 2 battles to be fought. TheTrueNorth will be facing Silly Knig-it and lordlau1 will be playing against Wingnut 16ga.
All 4 players will be eliminated when they lose, so in round 12 there will be only 1 game on each map.

In round 12 Herus will be playing against -Maximus- and kuma32478 will be playing against leverpuller. The winner of the battle between TheTrueNorth and Silly Knig-it will play against osman76 and the winner between lordlau1 and Wingnut 16g will be playing against I_AM_BOGEY.

kuma32478 is currently on a very good spot to win the GA medal for winning the most consecutive rounds with 7 rounds in total!
-Maximus- and herus are both in the lead for most games won with 18 games.

While kuma32478 has his GA medal almost secured, the final rounds may still decide everything!
Good luck!
Captain P4Ssoa

Re: Big Battle of Small Maps! [Round 12]

Postby P4Ssoa on Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:54 am

UPDATE!

In round 11, both Silly Knig-it and Wingnut 16ga lost their game and were eliminated from the tournament. Congratz to the both of you. You guys ended 9th and 10th.

In round 12, the 8th remaining players; The 8 best players of the small maps; are competing against each other.
In Luxembourg, Herus already won his games over Maximus.
In Egypt: Nubia, Kuma won his games over Leverpuller.
Maxumus is out of the tournament, but he should be very proud for getting this far.
As round 13 will be the last round before the final, Kuma is already certain of his GA-medal for winning the most consecutive rounds! Congratz Kuma!

Good luck to osman, thetruenorth, I_am_bogey and Lordlau during their game in the 12th round.
Captain P4Ssoa

Re: Big Battle of Small Maps! [Round 13]

Postby P4Ssoa on Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:02 am

Round 12 is over!
In round 12 -Maximus-, osman76 and lordlau1 got eliminated.
Leverpuller also lost his round, but since he only lost on 2 other maps before, he still gets to play for a ticket to the finals with I_AM_BOGEY!

Round 13 is the last round before the finals. Good luck I_AM_BOGEY and Leverpuller!
Captain P4Ssoa

Re: Big Battle of Small Maps! [Round 13]

Postby P4Ssoa on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:35 pm

Finals will be up soon! :-)
Captain P4Ssoa

Re: Big Battle of Small Maps! [FINALS]

Postby P4Ssoa on Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:20 am

Sorry guys, my computer hard drive crashed and I lost the excel file with all the info about this tournament. I'm recovering the info needed for the finals and for the GA medals though, but this is also why it took me so long to start the final round.

The Finals are here!!

Leverpuller, who had been doing so good during the whole tournament, got eliminated in the last 2 rounds. Well played! You were only one round away from the finals.

THE FINALS ARE HERE!!!

Congratz to our 4 finalists:
I_AM_BOGEY ~ Winner of Doodle Earth!
TheTrueNorth ~ Winner of Duck and Cover!
herus ~ Winner of Luxembourg!
kuma32478 ~ Total Dominator of Egypt: Nubia with 8 rounds won in a row!!

Every contestant will now play one game against the 3 other finalists on each of the 4 different maps.
The player who won the most games will be the winner of this tournament.

There is a tie in the GA medal for most games won between TheTrueNorth and herus. Both players have won 21 games. You guys can play the tiebreaker on Doodle Earth! (decided by random.org, see spoiler)

show

Good luck! :-)
Captain P4Ssoa

Postby kuma32478 on Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:30 am

What if there is a tie for the # of wins in the finals?

Postby kuma32478 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:32 pm

What is the finals tiebreak? It's going to be me and The True North with 8 wins and I beat him 3 out of the 4 games we played in the finals.

Postby kuma32478 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:56 am

Games are over. I win

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2013