Conquer Club

For those who claim to be for freedom...

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: For those who claim to be for freedom...

Postby john9blue on Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:37 am

Woodruff wrote:
john9blue wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Perhaps you can point out for me where I've done that?

Perhaps you can point out to me where I have criticized Christianity based on the Bible, instead of criticizing Christianity based on CHRISTIANS (which is what I almost always criticize).

Still working hard for that "gotcha" moment, are you?

you're the one who is trying to "gotcha" me lol... and i never said you did.

I am? You came into the discussion with a question from out of nowhere that really wasn't relevant to the discussion...I guess I dragged you in here by way of trying to gotcha you? You really are too much...but not in a good way.

i think my question was intended for any anti-christian. i didn't frame it as an accusation because i wasn't trying to blame you in particular for anything.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:31 pm

john9blue wrote:but those conspiracy theorists are so CRAZY right? there's no conspiracy here, kids. sit down and shut up like a good citizen.

Google will, of course, provide you the engine to find all the truth. No influence, bias or steering involved.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby john9blue on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:24 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:
john9blue wrote:but those conspiracy theorists are so CRAZY right? there's no conspiracy here, kids. sit down and shut up like a good citizen.

Google will, of course, provide you the engine to find all the truth. No influence, bias or steering involved.

i'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not...?

google will definitely lead a discriminating searcher to more resources than any library or news network.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby warmonger1981 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:42 pm

startpage.com to search the net without being tracked
Captain warmonger1981

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:04 am

warmonger1981 wrote:startpage.com to search the net without being tracked

You might be surprised to find out how many of the reasonably-known "make yourself anonymous on the net" stuff really isn't very effective any longer and almost certainly are compromised by the NSA and other organizations. You've essentially got to stay on the cutting edge of the stuff to maintain true anonymity on the Internet.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby oVo on Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:04 am

Of course there are high resolution satellites focused on the USA
for as long as they've been in existence.
Major oVo

Postby warmonger1981 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:00 am

Startpage uses encrypted code. They don't record your address even. You can search the net using Google and Bing through startpage. They have never been asked by the NSA for any info. It is good I think. You should check there page and read the privacy section. It truly is anonymous.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:11 pm

warmonger1981 wrote:They don't record your address even.

I am curious how they could send the information to your machine without recording your IP address. It's probably encrypted, but it's recorded. As to encryption, the thing is that there really isn't any such thing as an unbreakable encryption, although some encryption methodologies do make it extremely difficult, along with tunneling protocols and things like that. But given enough time, every encryption method is breakable.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Woodruff on Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:51 am

Well at least they have their priorities straight:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/28/obama-generic-drugs_n_3513011.html

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:25 am

john9blue wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

i'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not...?

google will definitely lead a discriminating searcher to more resources than any library or news network.

It was absolutely sarcasm.

Leading to more resources doesn't necessarily mean more good resources. It certainly is easier and yes, more is available through the internet than your local library. The problem is Google still uses algorithms that essentially target popularity, not veracity. When people see 20 links that say "the sky is not blue, it is purple and green", then they tend to give that much more credence than they would if they just saw it in a random link or even heard it on the street. I have shown in several debates here that a lot of what even people here (who I think are above average when it comes to research and such) post is pure garbage without realizing it.

Viceroy can find plenty of "proof" that evolution is wrong, Nightstrike firmly believes that global warming is not happening and will cite multiple sources to prove it, and those are just 2 of the most obvious cases. Even folks like greekdog and yes, myself, have been "nabbed". I am often frustrated by NOT being able to find anything more than opinions and repeats of the exact same data without much real explanation.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Woodruff on Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:14 pm

Postby Woodruff on Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:34 pm

I am beginning to wonder how long it will be before it becomes commonplace for individuals to be disappeared:

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130708/01055723732/doj-says-public-has-no-right-to-know-about-secret-laws-feds-use-to-spy-us.shtml

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:49 pm

http://rt.com/usa/state-secrets-nsa-lawsuit-continue-807/

Ok, so this is a very good thing. And yet...

Let's assume that this makes it to the SCOTUS and PRISM is deemed unconstitutional by them. That means that technically it was always unConstitutional as the Constitution never actually changed.

So what happens when they make a "PRISM 2.0" and just do an even better job of keeping it secret. I mean...what's to stop them from doing it and why shouldn't they?

I guess my point is... there should really be super, insanely fucking severe consequences for someone approving something that is this severely and painfully obviously unConstitutional. Otherwise, it'll just be repeated ad nauseum.

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:10 pm

What is this constitution you speak of? Is it this?

No, I think it is more likely this:

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:25 pm

Woodruff wrote:http://rt.com/usa/state-secrets-nsa-lawsuit-continue-807/

Ok, so this is a very good thing. And yet...

Let's assume that this makes it to the SCOTUS and PRISM is deemed unconstitutional by them. That means that technically it was always unConstitutional as the Constitution never actually changed.

So what happens when they make a "PRISM 2.0" and just do an even better job of keeping it secret. I mean...what's to stop them from doing it and why shouldn't they?

Nothing really. They have their congressional committees which "supervise" those intelligence agencies, so of course it'll work out. People believe that all the time whenever we place a bureaucracy or committee above some sector, so 5-10 years from now, something 'wild and unexpected' will occur.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:09 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:What is this constitution you speak of? Is it this?

Dude, that's the Constellation. Get your Star Trek ships straight, man!!!!

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:57 pm

It was a test, don't worry. You passed. Just checking to see if you were commie or not.

--Andy

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:11 am

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:26 am

So, what happens when the government continues violating the constitution? (Or rather when people continue to 'redefine' terms within the Constitution?)

Does it really matter? And, over the decades, what were the outcomes?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:02 pm

Woodruff wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:What is this constitution you speak of? Is it this?

Dude, that's the Constellation. Get your Star Trek ships straight, man!!!!

Looks like the Borg violated the Constellation.

Also - inb4 Jonesy.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:06 am

It appears from other research that this is an ongoing battle, but that this could even be a possibility casts a new shadow on the NSA data mining, in my opinion:

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/07/11-3

Here's a second article on it: http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2013/05/17/judge-chevron-ecuador-2/

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:34 am

Hey, woodruff. In your opinion, do you find Snowden to be a traitor or whistleblower?
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:38 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Hey, woodruff. In your opinion, do you find Snowden to be a traitor or whistleblower?

Haven't I been clear in saying I don't think Snowden is necessarily (based on the information we currently know) a traitor? I thought I had.

That being said, someone could be a traitor AND a whistleblower, depending on who they provide particular information to.

I currently consider him to be somewhat of a patriot martyr, actually, awaiting further information. Why do you ask?

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:11 pm

The only possibly good about this whole ordeal, is that the dude's name is Snowden. Catch-22 is probably my favorite novel, so every time I come across his name, I think of Snowden from the novel, and Yossarian being traumatized, and Snowden saying he's cold, and Yossarian helpless and in shock saying "There, there. There, there" since nothing else could be done.

--Andy

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:58 pm

Woodruff wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Hey, woodruff. In your opinion, do you find Snowden to be a traitor or whistleblower?

Haven't I been clear in saying I don't think Snowden is necessarily (based on the information we currently know) a traitor? I thought I had.

That being said, someone could be a traitor AND a whistleblower, depending on who they provide particular information to.

I currently consider him to be somewhat of a patriot martyr, actually, awaiting further information. Why do you ask?

You're the main poster for links related to him, so apparently you take a lot of interest in him.

What do you find patriotic about Snowden?
Major BigBallinStalin

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,