Conquer Club

is this cheating or abuse? [closed]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

is this cheating or abuse? [closed]

Postby kristieluvsgurls on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:48 pm

If you look at game 12890196 TheD-ist missed his/her first turn then on their next turn placed their current re enforcement in South America ended their turn and placed the troops they had coming from their missed turn in South America. At the start of the game they only had 3 troops there. I worked hard to get my 9 there only to have them use deferred troops to give them an upper hand. Am I wrong or is that a very underhanded way of playing

Accused:

xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx

The accused are suspected of:

Being Multis
Conducting Secret Diplomacy
Severe PM Abuse
Other: <Explanation>

Game number(s):

[game]xxxxxxx[/game]
[game]xxxxxxx[/game]
[game]xxxxxxx[/game]
[game]xxxxxxx[/game]

Comments:
Corporal kristieluvsgurls

is this cheating or abuse?

Postby kristieluvsgurls on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:48 pm

If you look at game 12890196 TheD-ist missed his/her first turn then on their next turn placed their current re enforcement in South America ended their turn and placed the troops they had coming from their missed turn in South America. At the start of the game they only had 3 troops there. I worked hard to get my 9 there only to have them use deferred troops to give them an upper hand. Am I wrong or is that a very underhanded way of playing

Accused:

xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx

Being Multis
Conducting Secret Diplomacy
Severe PM Abuse
Other: <Explanation>

Game number(s):

[game]xxxxxxx[/game]
[game]xxxxxxx[/game]
[game]xxxxxxx[/game]
[game]xxxxxxx[/game]

Comments:

Re: is this cheating or abuse?

Postby rishaed on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:52 pm

Okay heres a good way to explain this. Replace the XXXX between both user and game with the player name and game number. Delete all Things that the Player is not accused of and put all the rest of your comments in the comments section at the bottom.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby rishaed on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:54 pm

kristieluvsgurls wrote:Accused:
TheD-ist

Other: Cheating/Game Abuse

Game number(s):
Game 12890196

Comments:If you look at game 12890196 TheD-ist missed his/her first turn then on their next turn placed their current re enforcement in South America ended their turn and placed the troops they had coming from their missed turn in South America. At the start of the game they only had 3 troops there. I worked hard to get my 9 there only to have them use deferred troops to give them an upper hand. Am I wrong or is that a very underhanded way of playing

Like So. Take note for reading instructions will help you immensely. Hope you fill out your next report correctly.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby rishaed on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:56 pm

I'm triple posting, but Note please that Deferred troops only come in the Reinforcement stage when the player can no longer attack, and as such provides no bonus to the player trying to accumulate troops by attacking.

Postby rishaed on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:56 pm

And please don't create a new thread for the same thing. Thanks.

Postby kristieluvsgurls on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:05 pm

did not mean to it was a double click mistake. And since I do not do this as often as others I am not that well versed in this...humble apologies :oops:

Postby kristieluvsgurls on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:47 pm

Again. I was not trying to accuse any one of cheating until AFTER I found out if a particular move was cheating or not, hence the lack of following the format of accusing one of cheating. 2ndly..I never said he attacked. He had 3 troops in south america (Buenos Aries). I had 6 his turn was before mine, he missed. After I went I ended up with 9 troops in Sao Paulo on his next turn, he reinforced Buenos Aries with 3 troops, ended his attack phase and placed his 3 deferred troops in Buenos Aries matching my 9 troops in Sao Paulo. I was merely wondering if that move is cheating or not. Maybe this is not the correct Forum to ask this question. If it is not then I apologize. I still need the question answered though. I have been corrected enough, now let's look passed the errors of my reporting and simply answer the question if any one can...Please?

Postby rishaed on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:13 pm

No, its not abuse/cheating per say. If its intentional behavior then it might fall under intentional deadbeating, but that would require more examples. Sorry if you felt offended.

Postby rishaed on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:14 pm

:) No problem Mistakes Happen! :)

Postby kristieluvsgurls on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:42 pm

Not really offended..More like a lost little girl. Thank you for your answer and for correction. Things are set up a certain way for a reason. For future reference (even though I hope I will not feel a need for this again) Is this the proper forum for this? since I was not accusing anyone of actually cheating but looking for a clarification instead. LOVE THIS PLACE!!! :D =D>

Postby king achilles on Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:50 pm

Merged your 2nd duplicate thread with your first one. Be careful next time.

kristieluvsgurls wrote:Again. I was not trying to accuse any one of cheating until AFTER I found out if a particular move was cheating or not, hence the lack of following the format of accusing one of cheating. 2ndly..I never said he attacked. He had 3 troops in south america (Buenos Aries). I had 6 his turn was before mine, he missed. After I went I ended up with 9 troops in Sao Paulo on his next turn, he reinforced Buenos Aries with 3 troops, ended his attack phase and placed his 3 deferred troops in Buenos Aries matching my 9 troops in Sao Paulo. I was merely wondering if that move is cheating or not. Maybe this is not the correct Forum to ask this question. If it is not then I apologize. I still need the question answered though. I have been corrected enough, now let's look passed the errors of my reporting and simply answer the question if any one can...Please?

It's fine and it's not cheating. If you think that he deliberately missed his turn to get deferred troops, which by the way, he would still be getting even if he didn't miss his turn, feel free to rate him accordingly.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby rishaed on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:11 am

kristieluvsgurls wrote:Not really offended..More like a lost little girl. Thank you for your answer and for correction. Things are set up a certain way for a reason. For future reference (even though I hope I will not feel a need for this again) Is this the proper forum for this? since I was not accusing anyone of actually cheating but looking for a clarification instead. LOVE THIS PLACE!!! :D =D>

Indeed the correct place &/or use GD. My wall is always open for questions even though I'm not on the C&A staff here (Orange Names) or an Admin like Achillies (RED names). Feel free to use it and I will get back to you most likely w/in a day. Either that or ask one of the staffers/file another report leaving the accusation part blank.

Re: is this cheating or abuse? [closed]

Postby betiko on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:36 am

hum sorry but in what way is that cheating? you guys are playing flat rate and missing spoils is going to hurt him, so missing a turn if it's intentional is very stupid. you knew he missed a turn, and he would get his troops back. how could there be an unwritten rule or whatever regarding defered troops that hae to be placed where it doesn't bother you? if he would ve placed them elsewhere it would ve bothered another player lol.
Major betiko

Re: is this cheating or abuse? [closed]

Postby rishaed on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:53 pm

betiko wrote:hum sorry but in what way is that cheating? you guys are playing flat rate and missing spoils is going to hurt him, so missing a turn if it's intentional is very stupid. you knew he missed a turn, and he would get his troops back. how could there be an unwritten rule or whatever regarding defered troops that hae to be placed where it doesn't bother you? if he would ve placed them elsewhere it would ve bothered another player lol.

Betiko, let it go. Don't need to post in the C&A to ridicule another player. :) I would rather they ask the question have the answer they desire than smolder over it and end up leaving.

Return to Closed C&A Reports