Conquer Club

CYOC II Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Choose Your Own Character Mafia II [17/17] D1!

Postby / on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:02 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
/ wrote:If you all want to see what's behind the mask, just ask, I warn you though... The ladies tend to swoon. ;)

Well, time to get serious, or as serious as I can be. Which isn't very much.

Jonty isn't the top of my list for scumminess, but at least we've got a nice chain to unweave once we've woven this tangled web we surf. Wait, chains are links right? Well then we'll find the missing link once we click the weak link that breaks the chain. Yeah, that makes sense, nailed it!

Anyways, unvote vote jonty

I think we should hold off on more until we're sure that there aren't a bunch of roles that mess with votes or something.

Irony. Except jonty hadn't claimed yet.

Makes me think you are scum.

vote /

Meh...
It's just standard procedure; if you don't know if there are secret votes, you don't get too close to l-1
Just like if you don't know if your car's going to explode, you always open the door with your less needed hand.

Anyways, on to the main course.

Crazy unfortunately didn't give us much to go one, he pretty much laid low, but was among the seven who didn't vote against Jonty.

The others I will now give my professional psychological analysis of.

Patient 3: blakebowling

Notable quotes:
show

Diagnosis: Coma

Treatment options: Poke/prod/stab/skewer

Patient 4: TheForgivenOne

Notable quotes:
show

show

Diagnosis: Shows a reasonable disdain for the scum's actions, but fails to actualize. Possible distancing, or more likely fence-sittery. Baldy.

Treatment: Wait and see (No! It's contagious!). Rogaine (er, that too...).

Patient 10: Sheepofdumb

Notable quotes:

show

show

Diagnosis: Technically did vote jonty, and that clears him of AAAAALLLL SUSPICION ; LISTEN TO ME AS I DISTRACT YOU WITH BRAINWASHING! *Ahem* I mean, Voted jonty early, before any bandwagon formed. All further posts are lazy jokes and lazy character speculation. Was sure to bring up the fact that he was still technically voting jonty (albeit for weak reasons back in the joke vote stage).

Treatment: Finger of suspicion!

12. Nebuchadnezzar

Notable quotes:

show

show

Diagnosis: Desire to lynch jonty during the prime of the bandwagon. Interrupted by a self defense attempts against edoc and aage.

Treament: Burn the witch!

Patient 13 safariguy5

Notable quotes:
show

show

show

Diagnosis: Desire to pursue the jonty case early on offset by the fact that he was the strongest arguer against jonty's lynch. On the other other hand, my suspicion is allayed by the fact that he enjoys my posts.

Treatment: I'll give you my autograph!

Patient 16 Djfireside

Notable quotes:

show

show

show

Diagnosis: Seems to subtly inject doubt into the jonty case, as well as possibly steering the conversation aside to the Neb V. Aage matter.

Treatment: Further investigation required.

So yeah, to break character back into my character, and then break it again to reach the real world, I'm going to say that Sheep makes me the most suspicious at the moment, followed by safari, and a small gut feeling for DJ.

I'll look at the folks that did vote for jonty later, but don't expect a big post.
I will say that as a continuation of my thoughts yesterday, I feel that edoc and aage are acting oddly. Logically I shouldn't be as suspicious as I am now that I've seen that jonty's alignment was, but I still have a gut feeling for some reason.

PS: WTF; why is everyone trying to rolefish on a confirmed mafia target?
Sergeant 1st Class /

Re: Choose Your Own Character Mafia II [17/17] D1!

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:13 pm

/ wrote:Patient 16 Djfireside

Notable quotes:

show

show

show

Diagnosis: Seems to subtly inject doubt into the jonty case, as well as possibly steering the conversation aside to the Neb V. Aage matter.

Treatment: Further investigation required.

So yeah, to break character back into my character, and then break it again to reach the real world, I'm going to say that Sheep makes me the most suspicious at the moment, followed by safari, and a small gut feeling for DJ.

I'll look at the folks that did vote for jonty later, but don't expect a big post.
I will say that as a continuation of my thoughts yesterday, I feel that edoc and aage are acting oddly. Logically I shouldn't be as suspicious as I am now that I've seen that jonty's alignment was, but I still have a gut feeling for some reason.

PS: WTF; why is everyone trying to rolefish on a confirmed mafia target?

This is a great analysis. Of your analysis, I think DJ struck me as the oddest. Why? Well, yes, I got off on the wrong tangent against aage. Trying to dig for something that may have not been there, and perhaps was a little OMGUS-y. However, DJ does seem to seize on my diversion and support it. Was he seriously thinking that aage was being scummy, or was he just trying to continue the diversion of attention from Jonty that I started?

As to the rolefishing...I don't think we are rolefishing, as much as we are trying to just clear Haymitch. Mafia already knows who Haymitch is, so what's the difference if the rest of the town knows who he is? I don't think we need his role or how he avoided death...but it would be nice to know who he is so town has the same info as mafia.

I'm not sure everyone has checked in, but...FOS DJfireside
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Re: CYOC II [15/17] D2: Getting the Axe

Postby new guy1 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:49 pm

Although I believe Haymitch (if he is in the game) to be town, I would like to throw in that he could possibly be third party as well just for speculation.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:22 pm

Unvote vote blakebowling
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby aage on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:39 am

new guy1 wrote:Although I believe Haymitch (if he is in the game) to be town, I would like to throw in that he could possibly be third party as well just for speculation.

Why would he not be in the game?

I believe John Watson's middle name was Haymich or something like it so there's a clue. Since scum targeted him, he is not scum. Neb already said it, the only ones in the dark about this guy are Town. Now, claiming needn't necessarily help so if he doesnt want to, thats okay and i'll just rule out some people who probably aren't him, but the other way is easier.

Also, I was going to try and leada lynch on him once he claimed because all of this is sketchy... But in all likelihood this guy is town and we may want to keep him alive.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Djfireside on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:47 am

I believe Haymitch to be the gift giver as stated earlier with the god power based on the Hunger Games trilogy, Haymitch is the coach who fights to get gifts for katniss.

As for your synapsis /, I agree with most of it, the more I thought about it at the end, the very nature of his role was not good and should have accounted for it. I got wrapped into the fact of proving it and when Neb changed gears it threw me for a loop so I followed it. I wasnt trying to divert it.

I had suspicions on Neb from yesterday but cant find anything other than what was stated so will just have to wait on see and look elsewhere.
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:57 am

Djfireside wrote:I believe Haymitch to be the gift giver as stated earlier with the god power based on the Hunger Games trilogy, Haymitch is the coach who fights to get gifts for katniss.

You know, I love the series, and I didn't even think of that! Very good possibility. (Although you may have gave away what role Haymitch is to the maffers).

aage wrote:
new guy1 wrote:Although I believe Haymitch (if he is in the game) to be town, I would like to throw in that he could possibly be third party as well just for speculation.

Why would he not be in the game?

That's a good question. I believe he is, due to the fact (For those of you who haven't read Catching Fire) that Haymitch killed someone like this when he was in the 50th Hunger Games.

Side note: I'm going on vacation until the 4th. Don't know if I will have interweb access.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby StubbsKVM on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:51 am

I'll agree that Haymitch is town.

However, are we 100% sure there isn't another third party?
Keeping Haymitch secret is a good way to discourage a possible third party on making a kill.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:55 am

StubbsKVM wrote:I'll agree that Haymitch is town.

Keeping Haymitch secret is a good way to discourage a possible third party on making a kill.

We haven't encountered a third party..? :? So what do you mean by "Another third party"? It sounds like you know who a third party is... or you are one.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Djfireside on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:14 am

That is a interesting catch. I am curious as to this as well
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby new guy1 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:39 am

Very interesting to me too. That may be the catch of the day :lol:
Sergeant new guy1

Postby strike wolf on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:49 am

Ah Freudian slips. FOS worthy here but personally I don't like wasting time on third parties (I am obviously not counting cult or SK on this list though the possibility of SK being synonymous with 3P in this case is possible) so I would at least give Stubbs a chance to explain himself before charging.

I don't think I agree with the gift giver possibility. Haymitch's role seems powerful enough and the gift given to aage sounds more like an enabler type of thing (See POTC mafia) not necessarily a gifter.

As far as should Haymitch claim, I can see arguments on both sides:

Pros:

1. Haymitch is known to the rest of town and town wouldn't dare lynch him when he's pretty much proven bulletproof, would they? *Glances at Aage* Worst case scenario we now know the identity of a bulletproof third party best case, we now have an all but invulnerable townie.

2. Eliminates one name from the possible scum calendar and may even give new leads as to who would want to kill Haymitch. Is it the villainous Snow? Or one of his ancient ancestors Jon or Ramsey? Perhaps it's another treacherous president looking for power and framing the former? Could it even be a hijacked friend who has been hypnotized into joining the mafia and now considers his former ally a threat?

Cons:

1. There are still a lot of unknowns. Do we really need to know who Haymitch is? I mean are the above reasons going to be strong enough to have the person claim? Mafia is going to avoid the person at all costs, I would bet as two members down with Day 2 not even finished they couldn't afford to try to kill the same person again and risk the same thing happening (again). It would be like playing Russian Roulette with 6 bullets in the chamber. Haymitch admitting who he is would be like confirming who the mafia should avoid when there is still some doubt (possible busdrive).

2. Haymitch may not even be one of the possible suspects we are looking at for mafia right now. If he has no immediate possibility of lynch, is there sufficient reason that he should claim right now?

Overall, I think I agree with / that Haymitch claiming right now isn't necessary and it's probably for the best if he doesn't immediately. Now as town gets closer to lylo later on where one or two misvotes by town could lead to a rush against Haymitch, maybe Haymitch should reconsider around then about claiming early and before hand.

Also yes, with the scene flavor, this is almost certainly the Haymitch from The Hunger Games trilogy.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby StubbsKVM on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:06 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:

We haven't encountered a third party..? :? So what do you mean by "Another third party"? It sounds like you know who a third party is... or you are one.

I was referring to someone calling Haymitch third party.
I figured that would be obvious. Guess not.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:09 pm

EBWOP: that would have been new Guy, by the way.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:11 pm

StubbsKVM wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:

I was referring to someone calling Haymitch third party.
I figured that would be obvious. Guess not.

Ah, okay.

I think new guy was just throwing speculation that Haymitch could be a third party. Also, / owes me Rogaine. We made a bet on who could get more laugh's out of a Irish Drinking Song. I won. Every time.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby StubbsKVM on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:18 pm

Exactly, that's Why I said Haymitch would be town, but there could be another third party.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby new guy1 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:04 pm

StubbsKVM wrote:Exactly, that's Why I said Haymitch would be town, but there could be another third party.

So you dont mean another, you mean a different party (meaning other than the Haymitch possibility), right?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby edocsil on Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:22 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Unvote vote blakebowling

Lets have him modkilled/vig'ed and lets not waste the towns time with an inactive

Also FOS doom for saying we should play lynch the inactive with so much to go on.

TYVM @ strike and / for their well thought out posts.

My personal opinion is to interrogate neb. I think he tried to get some town cred for the whole jonty thing and when it backfired he tried to cover his buddie. Vote neb strike and / both raise valid points and I could go with several of their cases if others don't agree with me.

Still on the road for work and back on Sunday. I'll see if I can get something more constructive going this coming week.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby StubbsKVM on Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:17 pm

new guy1 wrote:
StubbsKVM wrote:Exactly, that's Why I said Haymitch would be town, but there could be another third party.

So you dont mean another, you mean a different party (meaning other than the Haymitch possibility), right?

Exactly. I may have failed on that gramatically. Should I have said "an other" instead of "another"??

I wish Dutch was the universal language... Well not really. English is way cooler!

While I'm at it, how about some teaching?

"Town" in Dutch is "stad".

And yes, I'm drunk.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby new guy1 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:24 pm

StubbsKVM wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

Exactly. I may have failed on that gramatically. Should I have said "an other" instead of "another"??

I wish Dutch was the universal language... Well not really. English is way cooler!

While I'm at it, how about some teaching?

"Town" in Dutch is "stad".

And yes, I'm drunk.

Thanks for the information, and I withdrawal my interest in knowing your roll :D
Sergeant new guy1

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:19 pm

aage wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:Interesting. Mafia roleblocker dead already. Does anyone think follow the cop could work at this moment? Or are there still anti town roles that can put a spanner in the works?

Busdriver.

Possibility. Of course it will screw with the results, but this depends on the busdriver actually targeting the person the cop is targeting. Which given the large numbers, is a bit unlikely at this point. But it's a valid point, too many unknowns to consider that now.

I'm more worried about the doc save getting thrown out and having a dead cop next day. Iy's day two and I see no reason to call for a cop claim yet.

This is mere speculation though. I'm pretty sure scum has more aces up their sleeve.

The'boom' referred to a mafia lynch, obviously.

Also, more town info, someone gave me god powers last night, thanks for that whoever you are. From the mod's pm there was no reason to distrust the godpower so I used it, because it let me do my action twice. Not going to disclose anything else, but thought I should mention this.

I think this is definitely something that can be confirmed at some point whether or not the gift of god/double role usage is indeed Haymitch or not. However, it does bring up the possibility that a BP gift giver is extremely powerful unless the gift giving is one shot. I'm more inclined to believe that the gift giver is separate from Haymitch as I don't see a strong connection besides flavor for it being Haymitch.

And / is right, I was too defensive of the jonty lynch. Day 1 usually makes me more cautious on roles that I think can be verified.
Captain safariguy5

Postby new guy1 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:29 pm

I agree with saf that the two are probably separate. One role having that much power probably would not be in the game.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby spiesr on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:43 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Very interesting. I'm quite sure I'll be pretty high on the list of people to look at, given that Jonty was scum. Boy did I make a bad choice to unvote him. :x
I'm not entirely comfortable with this post. I am getting the vibe that you are trying to deflect here hoping that you can sort of trivialize things before they get moving.
Vote Nebuchadnezer. I would like to see how you react if things do sort to go forward on that front.
Captain spiesr

Postby new guy1 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:45 pm

spiesr wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Very interesting. I'm quite sure I'll be pretty high on the list of people to look at, given that Jonty was scum. Boy did I make a bad choice to unvote him. :x
I'm not entirely comfortable with this post. I am getting the vibe that you are trying to deflect here hoping that you can sort of trivialize things before they get moving.
Vote Nebuchadnezer. I would like to see how you react if things do sort to go forward on that front.

Im split on it. I see how it is scummy, but I do the same thing all the time (that is call myself out), and Im usually town when I do that. I can see why he would say it, but then again I now see why I shouldnt do it anymore :D It looks so scummy.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby aage on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:34 am

safariguy5 wrote:
aage wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:Interesting. Mafia roleblocker dead already. Does anyone think follow the cop could work at this moment? Or are there still anti town roles that can put a spanner in the works?

Busdriver.

Possibility. Of course it will screw with the results, but this depends on the busdriver actually targeting the person the cop is targeting. Which given the large numbers, is a bit unlikely at this point. But it's a valid point, too many unknowns to consider that now.

I'm more worried about the doc save getting thrown out and having a dead cop next day. Iy's day two and I see no reason to call for a cop claim yet.

This is mere speculation though. I'm pretty sure scum has more aces up their sleeve.

The'boom' referred to a mafia lynch, obviously.

Also, more town info, someone gave me god powers last night, thanks for that whoever you are. From the mod's pm there was no reason to distrust the godpower so I used it, because it let me do my action twice. Not going to disclose anything else, but thought I should mention this.

I think this is definitely something that can be confirmed at some point whether or not the gift of god/double role usage is indeed Haymitch or not. However, it does bring up the possibility that a BP gift giver is extremely powerful unless the gift giving is one shot. I'm more inclined to believe that the gift giver is separate from Haymitch as I don't see a strong connection besides flavor for it being Haymitch.

And / is right, I was too defensive of the jonty lynch. Day 1 usually makes me more cautious on roles that I think can be verified.

It's not one-shot. It would be ridiculous to give godpowers to me on day 1 without knowing anything about my role. I could be a commuter for all he knows, in which case the ability would've done nothing. I expect someone to receive "god powers" tonight again.

The gift giver is probably not Haymitch (and if he is, Haymitch was saved by someone else), there is still the possibility that someone busdrove Haymitch with the mafia roleblocker and we all got lucky. If he has god powers, he did not save himself.

1. Haymitch is known to the rest of town and town wouldn't dare lynch him when he's pretty much proven bulletproof, would they? *Glances at Aage*
Depends on what he claims.

I can vouch for the Dutch-English translation error being legit.

Blake should be modkilled or vigged, I don't know if there are replacements available. This is why I want to look into Doom. / presented five cases, some of which are worth looking into today. Blake's case is the weakest, only post from him was his confirm, so definitely not worth looking into today or ever. Doom's reply to /'s post is to change his vote from /, who presented the cases, to Blake, who is the least interesting target of today.

If this were day 1 and we had nothing to go on, I wouldn't have minded Doom's post/vote pattern. However, we have quite a lot of information and a few fingers and votes flying around. His vote-post doesn't move the day forward, it slows the day down, unnecessarily so. I didn't respond to it right away because I was posting on my phone and simply overlooked it. I don't understand why only Edocsil responds to it, and even so I don't understand the ease with which he disregards it.

vote Doom
Sergeant 1st Class aage

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives