Conquer Club

Deltafarce and jmiglior - Secret Diplomacy [Cleared] DCR

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Deltafarce and jmiglior - Secret Diplomacy [Cleared] DCR

Postby trlester on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:20 pm

Accused:
Deltafarce
jmiglior

The accused are suspected of:
Conducting Secret Diplomacy

Game number(s):

Game 12866031 The accused game
Game 12866033 where the secret diplomacy took place

Comments:
In game Game 12866031 Blue (jmiglior) took an early commanding lead by having little resistance in Africa. I wanted to have an understanding with Green in North America so that things didn’t get out of hand to the point where the game would be over in a few rounds so we set a truce… my intent was for it to only last a couple of rounds until things settled down and the playing field was leveled.

Blue set up a truce with Red (Deltafarce) the next turn which I didn’t blame him for especially since Red was near elimination and easy to form an alliance with. No big deal but as things continued to go in Blue’s favor and the game was reaching the point of no return Red agreed to break the truce with Blue in Round 12. The next two turns he continued to attack Green. The last turn taken he turned in a set and had a chance to break 5 of Blue’s bonuses but did not take one.

After being made aware of another game in which the same alliance was made to the advantage of one player and not the other, I discovered in their chat that they agreed to continue the truce (this was just prior to Red’s last move mentioned above).

Game Chat in game Game 12866031:
2013-06-23 10:35:07 - Deltafarce: i dont break truces without notice.
2013-06-23 13:42:53 - trlester: Please feel free to give notice
2013-06-23 21:20:43 - trlester: Green I think we are good... No truce, just smart play
2013-06-24 12:42:56 - Deltafarce: hey blue just needed a spoil.and hey lets go ahead and end the truce in round 12

Game chat in game Game 12866033:
2013-06-26 14:52:37 - tadhg: So red, where is your path to victory? You've carried blue's water but now you don't stand a chance.
2013-06-26 22:31:54 - jmiglior: feels good to have a loyal partner red, I wont attack you. Green is finally losing grip of the game
2013-06-26 22:32:18 - jmiglior: Hope our truce can last till the end in both games
2013-06-27 11:36:53 - Deltafarce: sounds good to me

At the time both players only had two active games going (the two posted) so the reference is to the other game that I’m in.
If you look at the time stamps and the game play… it’s obvious that the truce continued in the first game despite the chat saying different. If I missed anything or you need more information please let me know.
Major trlester

Re: Deltafarce and jmiglior - Secret Diplomacy [Pending] DCR

Postby tadhg on Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:04 am

I am a player in the other game. Our proceeded the other way. I was able to take SA on the first turn and quickly took much of Africa. Blue settled into NA. It looked like red was just playing poorly but it could also be he was just clearing a path for blue in Europe. Once blue had NA and Europe, red was in Asia but scattered they turned their attention to me. Red has continued the attack without any chance of victory. Overall his play has been very advantageous for blue and not so good for himself. It is hard to attribute to malice what could be explained by stupidity but the messages make it fishy.
Sergeant 1st Class tadhg

Postby trlester on Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:34 pm

I do have a general concern with Delta's game play because he is not giving himself even a chance to win in my game and very little chance in yours. However when he and jmiglior set up (or continued) a truce in your game that had been called off in ours... that is stepping over the line. Intended or not it was secret diplomacy in my mind, but I will let CC be the judge.
Major trlester

Postby trlester on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:46 pm

Well the game is over... what a joke
Major trlester

Postby deathcomesrippin on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:17 am

2013-06-16 19:37:23 - jmiglior: red i wont attack you, lets fight them hard
2013-06-17 10:47:59 - Deltafarce: lets do it

This is where I assume he meant he offered a truce. Later on in the same game, this chat occurred:
2013-06-24 18:26:44 - jmiglior: Hey delta, why destroy a successfull partnership??
2013-06-24 18:27:15 - jmiglior: go ahead to Canada and NA by your own
2013-06-24 23:07:59 - jmiglior: besides, green and yellow are only attacking us

And it seemed red continued to fight, even if it was the wrong move according to you.

Both accounts are Cleared of Secret Diplomacy. And even if they were found to have been involved in Secret Diplomacy, they would not have been kicked from their games.
Sergeant deathcomesrippin

Postby rishaed on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:12 am

Read second game chat posted???
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby trlester on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:36 pm

deathcomesrippin wrote:2013-06-16 19:37:23 - jmiglior: red i wont attack you, lets fight them hard
2013-06-17 10:47:59 - Deltafarce: lets do it

This is where I assume he meant he offered a truce. Later on in the same game, this chat occurred:
2013-06-24 18:26:44 - jmiglior: Hey delta, why destroy a successfull partnership??
2013-06-24 18:27:15 - jmiglior: go ahead to Canada and NA by your own
2013-06-24 23:07:59 - jmiglior: besides, green and yellow are only attacking us

And it seemed red continued to fight, even if it was the wrong move according to you.

Both accounts are Cleared of Secret Diplomacy. And even if they were found to have been involved in Secret Diplomacy, they would not have been kicked from their games.

DCR, I just want to understand this verdict better (If I am wrong it will keep me from posting similar claims but I still feel they need to be marked for what they did)

Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought all diplomacy needed to be conducted in that specific games chat room and no where else. Red clearly called off the truce on 6/24

2013-06-24 12:42:56 - Deltafarce: hey blue just needed a spoil. and hey lets go ahead and end the truce in round 12.

By calling off the truce it altered how Green and I would take turns.

In your verdict Blue is calling for the truce to continue which Red does not respond to. The next response from Red comes in the other game chat where he is agreeing to a truce in both games.

Red's game play was just crap and it may not have changed the outcome of the game but when a player calls off a truce, other players react, and the truce is renegotiated in another game... I would call that secret diplomacy everyday of the week.

Had Red replied to what you quoted Blue as saying on 6/26 agreeing to continue the truce I would have no beef (other than it was just bad play).

I hope that this will be overturned... or at least offered a better explanation that includes why the chat in the other game is not a factor in the decision. Thank you.

PS. What is actually the criteria for booting someone(s) from a game and or taking points away. Just curious.
Major trlester

Re: Deltafarce and jmiglior - Secret Diplomacy [Cleared] DCR

Postby deathcomesrippin on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:25 am

Booting someone from a game usually requires a pretty major infraction, being a multi, serials Secret Diplomacy, etc. Points will never be returned once the game is finished.
Sergeant deathcomesrippin

Return to Closed C&A Reports