Conquer Club

low stake games / points free games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

low stake games / points free games

Postby betiko on Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:43 pm

I like to play stupid 1vs1 speeders once in a while, but the point system hammers you and yo get easily farmed.
I think it would be nice to have some lower stake games, on a 10 points basis instead of a 20 points basis for example. 1vs1 isn't really based on skill but they are still fun to play. You work hard on some other games to increase your score but then if you want to play 1vs1 you need to win at least 75% vs majors/captains to break even, when your odds of winning are just 50%.

I don't know, I used to be a big speed games fan, and I see that speed games are every time less popular. Not enough people for big team games (classic dubs is basically the ony thing you can expect). I think something must be done to encourage higher ranked players that aren't playing speeders for farming to get back into the game. I know, game selection and all...
Last edited by betiko on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Major betiko

Re: low stake games

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:01 pm

That is where you must decide... If this game is more about fun or points? Done both so I cannot help you, but the system would quickly be abused by people.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Re: low stake games

Postby betiko on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Bruceswar wrote:That is where you must decide... If this game is more about fun or points? Done both so I cannot help you, but the system would quickly be abused by people.

why is that?
I used to play a while back risk on facebook on an app by zynga (called attack!). you had points and you could play games worth between 20 and 5000 points. I agree that this would change a lot the point system but I don't see what type of abuses could be done if you could play games with more or less value.

regarding your question: beating your own high score is fun. playing stupid games is fun. but you can't have both type of funs right now, even if we could. some games are more important than others; why couldn't we attribute different amount of points in stake?

other example: i have a real life friend who plays a little of CC and he really dragged me into playing a few 1vs1. we played 6 games, I won 4 (won 32pts) and lost 2 (lost 104 points). It's just stupid to accept a challenge vs a friend with this point system.
This afternoon I really felt like playing a few quick speeders, played only vs colonels to captains won 2 (32pts) lost 3 (101 points). A victory vs mid colonel+a mid major makes you lose points if you lose vs a mid range captain after that. I know how it is, but what's wrong with letting people play games more casually once in a while?

what about giving the opportunity to play X amount of games point free per month for all premiums?
Major betiko

Re: low stake games / points free games

Postby betiko on Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:06 am

So no one else would be interested in having the possibility to play games with nothing/ very little in stake just for fun?
Major betiko

Re: low stake games / points free games

Postby spiesr on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:19 am

betiko wrote:So no one else would be interested in having the possibility to play games with nothing/ very little in stake just for fun?
These Rejected suggestions seem to imply interest, but also that it won't ever happen.
Captain spiesr

Return to Suggestions