Conquer Club

Time to cross the river again!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Will I make it?

Total votes : 0

Time to cross the river again!

Postby nietzsche on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:48 am

So, I'm going to attempt to cross the river tomorrow.

I'm having technical difficulties with my sansa clip, and since i don't use my iphone for music I don't even have iTunes.. I would have to login in Windows mode and install iTunes, download the music from my diskstation, blah blah blah but its already 1am!

So, I'm very worried about having to travel countless hours without music. Burning CDs is another option, but I need some sleep!

As you can see by my extensive use of exclamation points I'm a little bit anxious.

Crossing the river in this time of the year is very dangerous, because of the heat and all.

I hope this time I make it and the unemployment office is not as crowded, because I hate lines.

And I made no reservations neither in for the stop in Tucson or my final destination in SD... I'm crazy like that.

Are you wondering how many single line paragraphs am I going to type?

This is the last one.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Re: Time to cross the river again!

Postby nietzsche on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:08 am

My sansa is working again!
General nietzsche

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:40 am

What's with your avi?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby notyou2 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:48 pm

How are you going to keep your electronics dry when you swim the river amigo?
Captain notyou2

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:52 pm

Christ, now even third-world people are having first-world problems!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:23 pm

notyou2 wrote:How are you going to keep your electronics dry when you swim the river amigo?

He'll probably put everything in a plastic bag tied to his feet.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:14 am

AndyDufresne wrote:
notyou2 wrote:How are you going to keep your electronics dry when you swim the river amigo?

He'll probably put everything in a plastic bag tied to his feet.

--Andy

You know that if that were for real, he'd get all his stuff wet and shitty.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby nietzsche on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:17 pm

So I was able to cross the river, then rented a car in Tucson and drove to SD.

I thought I was going to die. I almost burst into flames. That thing is like I imagine hell is like.

I used 2 bottles of sun block.

Now here in SD I feel crowded. Man these fucking freeways! The fucking city is FULL. I want to go back, this is not how I remembered SD, perhaps because I had never driven here. Bad choice, I should've stayed in hot Tucson.

Anyway, I'm going to the unemployment office tomorrow morning, to get some of Scotty's hard earned dollars.
General nietzsche

Postby Gilligan on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:25 pm

nietzsche wrote:So I was able to cross the river, then rented a car in Tucson and drove to SD.

I thought I was going to die. I almost burst into flames. That thing is like I imagine hell is like.

Now here in SD I feel crowded. Man these fucking freeways! The fucking city is FULL. I want to go back, this is not how I remembered SD, perhaps because I had never driven here. Bad choice, I should've stayed in hot Tucson.

Anyway, I'm going to the unemployment office tomorrow morning, to get some of Scotty's hard earned dollars.

SD as in San Diego? I'll be there next week.
Captain Gilligan

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:27 pm

Gilligan wrote:
nietzsche wrote:So I was able to cross the river, then rented a car in Tucson and drove to SD.

Oh, I thought he meant South Dakota. I was wondering if Fargo had gotten considerably more crowded since the last time I saw it!
:o
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Gilligan on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:28 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

Oh, I thought he meant South Dakota. I was wondering if Fargo had gotten considerably more crowded since the last time I saw it!

Also would have been a long ass drive from Tucson.
Captain Gilligan

Postby nietzsche on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:29 pm

Gilligan wrote:

Cool, would you be my driver?
General nietzsche

Postby Gilligan on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:30 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

You'll still be there next week?!

Chauffeuring Nietzsche sounds like fun. Too bad I won't have a vehicle.
Captain Gilligan

Postby nietzsche on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:38 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

Although you drive big trucks you should know this: is it ok to hug the curves in US roads? I do that in Mexico's roads but I since here they drive like zombies I felt self concious and was driving like a zombie.
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:42 pm

Gilligan wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

Actually, I don't think so, my kind sister just made a reservation for me in the good part of Tijuana in a place much better and costing 1/3 of what I'm paying now. f*ck San Diego.
General nietzsche

Postby Gilligan on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:53 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

Actually, I don't think so, my kind sister just made a reservation for me in the good part of Tijuana in a place much better and costing 1/3 of what I'm paying now. f*ck San Diego.

That's over the border, and I dun have a passaporte :|
Captain Gilligan

Postby nietzsche on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:54 am

Gilligan wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

That's over the border, and I dun have a passaporte :|

That's too bad, I was going to invite you to see my show, I'm payed to dress like the donkey.
General nietzsche

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:21 am

nietzsche wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

Although you drive big trucks you should know this: is it ok to hug the curves in US roads? I do that in Mexico's roads but I since here they drive like zombies I felt self concious and was driving like a zombie.

You mean hug the inside curve?

It's dangerous if you can't see around it, but if you got clear field of vision it's okay.

Just remember that American cops are overpaid, so they rarely respond to bribes. Be careful with the speed...:)
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:33 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

They drive like zombies in the West. Either they're all stoned, or the government has beaten their souls into submission, but it's probably both.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Gilligan on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:51 pm

nietzsche wrote:
That's too bad, I was going to invite you to see my show, I'm payed to dress like the donkey.

Can you sneak me over the border?
Captain Gilligan

Postby notyou2 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:39 pm

Gilligan wrote:
nietzsche wrote:

How do you get banned from Mexico??????
Captain notyou2

Postby Gilligan on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:21 pm

notyou2 wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
nietzsche wrote:

How do you get banned from Mexico??????

I don't have a passport
Captain Gilligan

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:23 pm

You don't need a passport to go to Mexico.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby KoolBak on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:15 pm

Yes you do....

So my dad asked me my opinion on Roe vs Wade....I told him I didn't know how Nyestshky was getting into the USA...

Ba Da BUM
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal 1st Class KoolBak

Postby 2dimes on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:24 pm

Everyone, or just the driver/owner of the car?

I know you need one to get back but I intentionally omitted that.
Corporal 2dimes

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,