Conquer Club

Major explosion at fertilizer plant near Waco, Texas.

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Major explosion at fertilizer plant near Waco, Texas.

Postby Lootifer on Thu May 02, 2013 6:36 pm

Nope, texans can do what they like. I will however call them very stupid (assuming my analysis of their safety culture is correct).
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu May 02, 2013 9:09 pm

Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:18 am

You know...it occurs to me that if foreigners had caused this explosion, war would have been declared. America would have moved heaven and earth to find the perpetrators. But if regulatory corner cutting does it, then it's the cost of doing business cheaply, and so move along citizen, there is nothing to see here.

Perhaps to be truly effective terrorists, they should just become shitty businessmen.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:04 pm

Woodruff wrote:You know...it occurs to me that if foreigners had caused this explosion, war would have been declared. America would have moved heaven and earth to find the perpetrators. But if regulatory corner cutting does it, then it's the cost of doing business cheaply, and so move along citizen, there is nothing to see here.

Perhaps to be truly effective terrorists, they should just become shitty businessmen.

lol, or shitty bureaucrats, or shitty politicians--who excel only in getting reelected.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby notyou2 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:04 pm

The Quebec explosion was WAAAYYY bigger.
Captain notyou2

Postby Timminz on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:26 am

notyou2 wrote:The Quebec explosion was WAAAYYY bigger.

The main difference being that the Quebec explosion was due to criminal negligence, while in Texas, that kind of negligence is perfectly legal.
Captain Timminz

Postby Lootifer on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:25 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Woodruff wrote:You know...it occurs to me that if foreigners had caused this explosion, war would have been declared. America would have moved heaven and earth to find the perpetrators. But if regulatory corner cutting does it, then it's the cost of doing business cheaply, and so move along citizen, there is nothing to see here.

lol, or shitty bureaucrats, or shitty politicians--who excel only in getting reelected.

But since democracy is so awesome, Im pretty sure that means that aforementioned politicians are actually awesome!

HOOREY!

(great logic though Woody, love your work).
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Night Strike on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:37 pm

Timminz wrote:

The main difference being that the Quebec explosion was due to criminal negligence, while in Texas, that kind of negligence is perfectly legal.

Have there been any reports published saying willful negligence was involved in this case rather than just an accident?
Major Night Strike

Postby notyou2 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:14 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Timminz wrote:

Have there been any reports published saying willful negligence was involved in this case rather than just an accident?

There are 2 investigations underway. One by the national transportation department and another by the police.

There is a strong likelihood it was an act of negligence, possibly willful negligence.
Captain notyou2

Postby Lootifer on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:23 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Timminz wrote:

Show me an industrial accident that occured at a plant where they had a high standard* of safety.

Show me an industrial accident that could not have been prevented by simple saftey measures.

*as defined by, say, one of those charts that show the 4-5 levels of organisational safety culture.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,