Conquer Club

Time to cross the river again!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Will I make it?

Total votes : 0

Re: Time to cross the river again!

Postby nietzsche on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:46 pm

They let in Americans with a drivers license all the time, even though by law they have to ask for a passport.

If you are blonde might even give you a cup or coffee and a bagel on your way in.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:43 pm

I thought if you were from a state/province with enhanced driver licenses you are covered by the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative and can cross freely between the US, Canada, Mexico and Carribbean?
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby notyou2 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:47 pm

I entered Tijuana from California simply using a Canadian driver's licence but this was pre 911.
Captain notyou2

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:24 pm

saxitoxin wrote:I thought if you were from a state/province with enhanced driver licenses you are covered by the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative and can cross freely between the US, Canada, Mexico and Carribbean?

The North American Free-Trade Agreement is not applicable to humans.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:50 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:I thought if you were from a state/province with enhanced driver licenses you are covered by the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative and can cross freely between the US, Canada, Mexico and Carribbean?

not true - when I imported nietzsche to do some yard work I didn't have to pay one cent of duty ... I just called UPS, they packaged him up and then, voila, three days later I had a box of nietzsche on my doorstep (the box was leaking but that was a UPS issue, not a NAFTA issue)

I was dissatisfied with the service, though. After three days my grass still hadn't been cut, but my liquor cabinet was empty, all the women on the street were pregnant and there was a dead giraffe on the front lawn.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:19 pm

Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:09 am

saxitoxin wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

not true - when I imported nietzsche to do some yard work I didn't have to pay one cent of duty ... I just called UPS, they packaged him up and then, voila, three days later I had a box of nietzsche on my doorstep (the box was leaking but that was a UPS issue, not a NAFTA issue)

I was dissatisfied with the service, though. After three days my grass still hadn't been cut, but my liquor cabinet was empty, all the women on the street were pregnant and there was a dead giraffe on the front lawn.

The way I heard it, the giraffe wasn't his fault. He fessed up to the rest tho.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby 2dimes on Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:29 pm

This keeps changing. I believe they want a passport between the US and Can currently.

I crossed in the 1990s a few times without showing picture ID.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:58 pm

2dimes wrote:

This keeps changing. I believe they want a passport between the US and Can currently.

I crossed in the 1990s a few times without showing picture ID.

In 2000 there was a border crossing in Montana that was open from 9AM-5PM. At 5PM - before the Border Patrol would go home for the night - they would seal the border by placing two orange traffic cones in the middle of the road.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Re: Re:

Postby jefjef on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:11 pm

saxitoxin wrote:In 2000 there was a border crossing in Montana that was open from 9AM-5PM. At 5PM - before the Border Patrol would go home for the night - they would seal the border by placing two orange traffic cones in the middle of the road.

Well thats because Americans and Canadians really only cross the border to visit. Not to stay.

We like each other but don't want to trade places. So no real need for a fence.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby 2dimes on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:49 pm

Most of the border has a fence. The gate we went through to enter the US this time had canadian signs on it.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby karel on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:55 pm

do us all a favor,go back,we got to many of you peeps here anyways,get a job in ur own damn country
Private 1st Class karel

Postby nietzsche on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:57 pm

karel wrote:do us all a favor,go back,we got to many of you peeps here anyways,get a job in ur own damn country

Lol no way, the welfare benefits are great here... I can live without working supported by you guys, all I will provide to the society is my gorgeous look.
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:44 am

saxitoxin wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

the giraffe was supposed to eat the grass so I didn't have to cut it myself and she kept reaching for the trees :evil:

I was not going to take her back to zoo because I had sweet talked "moustache" Maria the keeper of the giraffe cove to let me take her out and was expecting her night of passion.

she had to go
General nietzsche

Postby notyou2 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:26 am

nietzsche wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

the giraffe was supposed to eat the grass so I didn't have to cut it myself and she kept reaching for the trees :evil:

I was not going to take her back to zoo because I had sweet talked "moustache" Maria the keeper of the giraffe cove to let me take her out and was expecting her night of passion.

she had to go

How do you explain the clogged toilet with the burrito wrappers?
Captain notyou2

Postby 2dimes on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:02 pm

karel wrote:do us all a favor,go back,we got to many of you peeps here anyways,get a job in ur own damn country

First off women like you should mind your own business. Second if you're in the US you should take that advise and go to some foreign land where they spell Carol wrong like you do.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby KoolBak on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:24 pm

+ lots

lol
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal 1st Class KoolBak

Postby chang50 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:47 am

Hilarious,I wonder if the Native Americans said the same when your ancestors first washed up with all their deadly diseases?
Captain chang50

Postby notyou2 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:44 am

chang50 wrote:

Hilarious,I wonder if the Native Americans said the same when your ancestors first washed up with all their deadly diseases?

No they welcomed us and our disease ridden blankets.
Captain notyou2

Postby nietzsche on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:41 am

notyou2 wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

she had to go

That was Esmeralda. She was so afraid that saxi would discover her having lunch with me that she ran to the bathroom to dispose of the evidence.
General nietzsche

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:56 am

notyou2 wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

she had to go

Is "burrito wrapper" Mexican slang for "condom?"
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby nietzsche on Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:38 pm

I'm going back to Mexico. karel hurt my feelings.

That or I'm sick of the stupidly toasting sun of Tucson.

Or maybe I had planned to return tomorrow all along.
General nietzsche

Postby notyou2 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:29 am

saxitoxin wrote:
notyou2 wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

she had to go

Is "burrito wrapper" Mexican slang for "condom?"
Yes
Captain notyou2

Postby Gilligan on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:35 pm

Leaving for nietzsche land in the morn'!
Captain Gilligan

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:07 am

Don't do it!
Major BigBallinStalin

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,