Conquer Club

He's called a "traitor"

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: He's called a "traitor"

Postby Woodruff on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:05 am

Metsfanmax wrote:Ars has reported that Snowden had huge problems with leakers when George Bush was President. Hm...

That is definitely interesting. Then again, in the time between then and now, I can see how something may have happened to change his view of things. I mean, there was a time (it's been quite a while, but still) when I was a pretty serious cheerleader for our government, for instance...and over time, my perspective legitimately changed on that.

As well, it's also entirely possible that he simply suspected that, as an NSA employee, he was probably being watched. It's certainly not beyond the realm of likelihood even.

But I agree that it is interesting.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:16 am

Metsfanmax wrote:Ars has reported that Snowden had huge problems with leakers when George Bush was President. Hm...

< TheTrueHOOHA> HOLY SHIT

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/11/washi ... ml?_r=1&hp
< TheTrueHOOHA> WTF NYTIMES
< TheTrueHOOHA> Are they TRYING to start a war?
Jesus christ
they're like wikileaks
< User19> they're just reporting, dude.
< TheTrueHOOHA> They're reporting classified shit
< User19> shrugs
< TheTrueHOOHA> about an unpopular country surrounded by enemies already engaged in a war
and about our interactions with said country regarding planning sovereignity violations of another country
you don't put that shit in the NEWSPAPER
< User19> meh
< TheTrueHOOHA> moreover, who the f*ck are the anonymous sources telling them this?
< TheTrueHOOHA> those people should be shot in the balls.

< TheTrueHOOHA> I enjoy it when it's ethical reporting.
< TheTrueHOOHA> political corruption, sure
< TheTrueHOOHA> scandal, yes
< User19> is it unethical to report on the government's intrigue?
< TheTrueHOOHA> VIOLATING NATIONAL SECURITY? no

(TheTrueHOOHA = Snowden)

Not sure if legit, but if it is:

ermehgerd, Snowden, TheTrueHOOHA, was putting up a front?! Who would've saw that coming????
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Re: He's a "whistle blower"

Postby oVo on Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:00 pm

When it comes to news it's hard to know who to believe, particularly politics. There seems to be a corporate agenda behind most editorial opinions and many of the toughest issues to "commoners" aren't discussed in depth or objectively at all. The internet has exposed many "facts" while at the same time unearthing absurd amounts of misinformed "truths" and it's totally weird that governments --including the USA-- spend millions of dollars to disperse info and impact opinions on the web.

Who can you trust? Over the years it's been revealed that government entities have infiltrated nearly all subversive groups in America and initiated actions to make them look bad. In some instances even encouraging civil unrest that has allowed heavy handed responses by local authorities. When there's a riot associated with a once peaceful demonstration connected to political conventions/anti-war rallies/occupy I have to wonder who is actually behind the violence.
Major oVo

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:58 pm

Snowden denies he provided or lost any information to the Chinese or Russians:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jul/10/snowden-denies-information-russia-china
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:21 pm

Woodruff wrote:Snowden denies he provided or lost any information to the Chinese or Russians:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jul/10/snowden-denies-information-russia-china

Interesting article. Especially this passage:
The extraordinary claim that China had drained the contents of Snowden's laptops first appeared in the New York Times in a June 24 article. The paper published the claim with no evidence and without any attribution to any identified sources.

In lieu of any evidence, the NYT circulated this obviously significant assertion by quoting what it called "two Western intelligence experts" who "worked for major government spy agencies". Those "experts" were not identified. The article then stated that these experts "said they believed that the Chinese government had managed to drain the contents of the four laptops that Mr. Snowden said he brought to Hong Kong" (emphasis added).

So that's how this "China-drained-his-laptops" claim was created: by the New York Times citing two anonymous sources saying they "believed" this happened. From there, it predictably spread everywhere as truth.

Once again, America's "independent media" is sucking up the government's line like a pack of starving hounds at a puddle of blood. The same "independent media" that swallowed the Warren Commission report hook, line, and sinker. The same "independent media" that parroted all the BS stories about Saddam's "weapons of mass destruction" and are now desperately pretending that it wasn't them.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:21 am

Dukasaur wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Snowden denies he provided or lost any information to the Chinese or Russians:

Interesting article. Especially this passage:
The extraordinary claim that China had drained the contents of Snowden's laptops first appeared in the New York Times in a June 24 article. The paper published the claim with no evidence and without any attribution to any identified sources.

In lieu of any evidence, the NYT circulated this obviously significant assertion by quoting what it called "two Western intelligence experts" who "worked for major government spy agencies". Those "experts" were not identified. The article then stated that these experts "said they believed that the Chinese government had managed to drain the contents of the four laptops that Mr. Snowden said he brought to Hong Kong" (emphasis added).

So that's how this "China-drained-his-laptops" claim was created: by the New York Times citing two anonymous sources saying they "believed" this happened. From there, it predictably spread everywhere as truth.

Once again, America's "independent media" is sucking up the government's line like a pack of starving hounds at a puddle of blood. The same "independent media" that swallowed the Warren Commission report hook, line, and sinker. The same "independent media" that parroted all the BS stories about Saddam's "weapons of mass destruction" and are now desperately pretending that it wasn't them.

Exactly.

Postby karel on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:08 pm

wow still talking about this,unreal,if you all think he is a hero,the leave the usa,move to cuba or china
Corporal karel

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:28 pm

karel wrote:Image
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby karel on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:37 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:

sucks truth hurts dont it
Corporal karel

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:59 pm

karel wrote:wow still talking about this,unreal,if you all think he is a hero,the leave the usa,move to cuba or china

Yet again, I'm not sure anyone here is calling him a hero. I'm not. I am coming to believe even more strongly that he IS a patriot, however.

I'm quite confused by your assertion that my opinion means I should leave the USA though. Aside from my 23 years in the military defending this nation, I would have thought that someone crying so loudly about "AMERICA!!!!" would believe in the freedom to hold an opinion. I guess you don't believe in American ideals or the Constitution?

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:01 pm

karel wrote:wow still talking about this,unreal,if you all think he is a hero,the leave the usa,move to cuba or china

When you've got a nice dictatorship at home, why would you go to all the hassle and expense of moving to a different one?
ā€• Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby karel on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:02 pm

Dukasaur wrote:

When you've got a nice dictatorship at home, why would you go to all the hassle and expense of moving to a different one?

we do really,umm did not know that,wow were are you from,russia?,cuz if so you should be use to that
Corporal karel

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:04 pm

karel wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

we do really,umm did not know that,wow were are you from,russia?,cuz if so you should be use to that

Yeah, actually I am from a land that was formerly under Russian occupation, thank you. And yes, I know quite a bit about these things, thank you very much.
ā€• Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:06 pm

karel wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Have a gander at this and see if you still don't think we're headed that direction:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-tirman/nsa-deep-state_b_3569316.html

Postby karel on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:19 pm

no im not going to look at it,its pretty much simple,nsa doing there jobs,dont see no point to click on link,and i hope this duche bag dies in a plane crash and fries to death,he gets everything coming to him
Corporal karel

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:20 pm

karel wrote:no im not going to look at it,its pretty much simple,nsa doing there jobs,dont see no point to click on link,and i hope this duche bag dies in a plane crash and fries to death,he gets everything coming to him

I've never taken you for someone who prefers not to know the truth. I always thought you were a good American, a patriot. It saddens me to see that you are nothing more than a bully.

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:34 pm

karel wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

sucks truth hurts dont it

How much truth did you suck?
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby karel on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:52 pm

well looks like you sure in the f*ck dont understand it...maybe we should call of of you a traitor for supporting this dickbag
Corporal karel

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:27 pm

karel wrote:well looks like you sure in the f*ck dont understand it...maybe we should call of of you a traitor for supporting this dickbag

Given that you're clearly not interested in actually educating yourself on the subject at all, it doesn't matter at all what you call me, as whatever you choose will almost of necessity be inaccurate.

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:34 pm

Major BigBallinStalin

Postby rishaed on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:03 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:

+1000 Saxbucks if i could
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby patches70 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:03 pm

karel wrote:well looks like you sure in the f*ck dont understand it...maybe we should call of of you a traitor for supporting this dickbag

Private patches70

Postby karel on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:06 pm

well all i have to say is when ur city gets blown up,then you will be wishing they did them taps........o'well good luck.......try not to get fried
Corporal karel

Postby rishaed on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:10 pm

karel wrote:well all i have to say is when ur city gets blown up,then you will be wishing they did them taps........o'well good luck.......try not to get fried

You are currently the governments dream citizen right now. :!:
Smart enough to do your job, ignorant (by choice i guess) to trust the government even when you shouldn't :roll:
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,