Conquer Club

MLB 2013

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: MLB 2013

Postby chapcrap on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:46 pm

I don't have a problem with Puig being in. I think it's warranted given how much he did in that month. One note about it is that the season is 3 months old, not 2.
Woodruff wrote:Of a season that's only been two months long, I would point out. While that is a significant difference (double the at-bats), it also shows that he has done it for a significant length of time.

Anyway, the important thing to talk about is that the Cardinals only got 5 people on the All Star Team. No Rosenthal or Mujica? Ridiculous. Both are beasts.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby oVo on Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:05 pm

Rangers have 3 on the roster.
Major oVo

Postby Woodruff on Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:54 pm

chapcrap wrote:One note about it is that the season is 3 months old, not 2.

Huh...you're right. Not sure how I screwed THAT up. <laughing>

chapcrap wrote:Anyway, the important thing to talk about is that the Cardinals only got 5 people on the All Star Team. No Rosenthal or Mujica? Ridiculous. Both are beasts.

You're a Cards fan too? That's you, me, Night Strike...and I think one other person just here within the forum regulars.

Decalso got screwed!!!!
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby oVo on Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:42 pm

Ha! I did enjoy watching the Cards get swept
by the Rangers last month in St. Louis.
Major oVo

Postby chapcrap on Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:45 pm

Woodruff wrote:
chapcrap wrote:One note about it is that the season is 3 months old, not 2.

Huh...you're right. Not sure how I screwed THAT up. <laughing>

chapcrap wrote:Anyway, the important thing to talk about is that the Cardinals only got 5 people on the All Star Team. No Rosenthal or Mujica? Ridiculous. Both are beasts.

You're a Cards fan too? That's you, me, Night Strike...and I think one other person just here within the forum regulars.

Decalso got screwed!!!!

:lol: =D>

I'm pretty sure that if he made the roster, about 80% of the league is injured.

oVo wrote:Ha! I did enjoy watching the Cards get swept
by the Rangers last month in St. Louis.

No one cares about that oVo!!! :evil:
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby chapcrap on Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:46 pm

Also, I was listening to the game on the radio today and Mike Shannon was talking about Twitter and he called it a twat... I just about died.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Night Strike on Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:01 pm

Woodruff wrote:You're a Cards fan too? That's you, me, Night Strike...and I think one other person just here within the forum regulars.

I think neitzche is the other one.

And I was at Saturday's game with the Adams home run (with curtain call) and the walk-off error. :mrgreen:
Major Night Strike

Postby Woodruff on Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:24 am

Night Strike wrote:And I was at Saturday's game with the Adams home run (with curtain call) and the walk-off error. :mrgreen:

That error was unreal...you NEVER see that kind of a play in the Major Leagues.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Woodruff on Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:24 am

chapcrap wrote:Also, I was listening to the game on the radio today and Mike Shannon was talking about Twitter and he called it a twat... I just about died.

Seriously? Did he even seem to catch on to what he said?

Postby chapcrap on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:00 pm

Woodruff wrote:
chapcrap wrote:Also, I was listening to the game on the radio today and Mike Shannon was talking about Twitter and he called it a twat... I just about died.

Seriously? Did he even seem to catch on to what he said?

No, I don't think he realized at all. He was probably drinking.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:36 pm

Thanks, Korea.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby oVo on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:00 pm

Now you have me imagining pitcher wind ups and deliveries
made like Cricket Bowlers.

In the Rangers/Astros game the other day there were 2 outs, bases empty and a routine infield pop up towards right field. The Houston first baseman backs up about three steps, reaches up with one hand to make the easy catch and the ball bounces out of his glove. Beltre steps up to the plate and rips a two run shot into the right field seats.
Major oVo

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:26 am

As of last night, the Phillies were hitting .189 with the bases loaded... last in baseball. First in baseball? The Atlanta Braves at .390.

As of last night, the Phillies, Nationals, and Braves all had the same record in the last 43 (?) games. What's that saying about pennants can't be won in April but they can be lost in April. Not that I have an illusions about the Phillies doing anything, but still...
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:00 pm

thegreekdog wrote:As of last night, the Phillies were hitting .189 with the bases loaded... last in baseball. First in baseball? The Atlanta Braves at .390.

As of last night, the Phillies, Nationals, and Braves all had the same record in the last 43 (?) games. What's that saying about pennants can't be won in April but they can be lost in April. Not that I have an illusions about the Phillies doing anything, but still...

However, the Phillies are batting .302 as a team in the month of July and hit at a .274 pace in June. So they're definitely doing far better of late than they were early on.

Postby deathcomesrippin on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:01 pm

The Braves are still gonna take it to the NL East. Gattis returns soon, and he is a beast in the limited amount of time he plays. If only they got rid of BJ or Heyward and pulled him into the OF permanently. Trade Heyward away for some promising 3B help, and let him wilt away somewhere else. Maybe Texas can send Olt over for him. That'd be nice.
Sergeant deathcomesrippin

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:08 pm

deathcomesrippin wrote:The Braves are still gonna take it to the NL East. Gattis returns soon, and he is a beast in the limited amount of time he plays. If only they got rid of BJ or Heyward and pulled him into the OF permanently. Trade Heyward away for some promising 3B help, and let him wilt away somewhere else. Maybe Texas can send Olt over for him. That'd be nice.

Seems unlikely... More likely scenario: Chipper comes out of retirement.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:31 pm

deathcomesrippin wrote:The Braves are still gonna take it to the NL East. Gattis returns soon, and he is a beast in the limited amount of time he plays. If only they got rid of BJ or Heyward and pulled him into the OF permanently. Trade Heyward away for some promising 3B help, and let him wilt away somewhere else. Maybe Texas can send Olt over for him. That'd be nice.

Trade Heyward?! I'll take him. You can have Michael Young.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby deathcomesrippin on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:05 am

thegreekdog wrote:

Trade Heyward?! I'll take him. You can have Michael Young.

Hell no. Young can stay where he is lol.
Sergeant deathcomesrippin

Postby nietzsche on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:16 pm

Freeman beat Puig in the final vote thing.

A lot of hate for Puig only because the fans wanted him in the All-Star game, not his fault. But he actually cooled off a bit, the one who is batting over .400 now is Hanley Ramirez (who was also in my fantasy team).
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby chapcrap on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:21 pm

nietzsche wrote:Freeman beat Puig in the final vote thing.

A lot of hate for Puig only because the fans wanted him in the All-Star game, not his fault. But he actually cooled off a bit, the one who is batting over .400 now is Hanley Ramirez (who was also in my fantasy team).

Maybe part of the Puig hate is because he's kind of a douchebag too...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ml ... e/2504523/
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby nietzsche on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:53 pm

He's arrogant and add to that that he probably didn't know who Juan Gonzalez was until Mcwgire intervened. and after that he was probably embarrased and left no way out but to keep acting arrogant, although the article didn't say what happened after Mcwgire's intervention.

The reason I'm sort of defending him is because it's obvious that arrogance is part of his game, if he wasn't this arrogant he'd be still in Cuba.
General nietzsche

Postby chapcrap on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:00 pm

nietzsche wrote:He's arrogant and add to that that he probably didn't know who Juan Gonzalez was until Mcwgire intervened. and after that he was probably embarrased and left no way out but to keep acting arrogant, although the article didn't say what happened after Mcwgire's intervention.

The reason I'm sort of defending him is because it's obvious that arrogance is part of his game, if he wasn't this arrogant he'd be still in Cuba.

There are other current Cuban players that aren't like him. Like Aroldis Chapman and Yoenis Cespedes.

Also, it was Luis Gonzalez, not Juan. But, both were good. I remember that the Cardinals signed Juan Gonzalez at the very end of his career to see if he could still play. He couldn't. That was his last attempt at a spring training.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby nietzsche on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:18 pm

chapcrap wrote:
nietzsche wrote:He's arrogant and add to that that he probably didn't know who Juan Gonzalez was until Mcwgire intervened. and after that he was probably embarrased and left no way out but to keep acting arrogant, although the article didn't say what happened after Mcwgire's intervention.

There are other current Cuban players that aren't like him. Like Aroldis Chapman and Yoenis Cespedes.

Also, it was Luis Gonzalez, not Juan. But, both were good. I remember that the Cardinals signed Juan Gonzalez at the very end of his career to see if he could still play. He couldn't. That was his last attempt at a spring training.

Yeah, my bad, Juan "Igor" Gonzalez was Cuban, but not Luis Gonzalez.
Last edited by nietzsche on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:20 pm

Disclosure: Puig was in my fantasy team, gave lots of points.
General nietzsche

Postby Woodruff on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:00 am

nietzsche wrote:Disclosure: Puig was in my fantasy team, gave lots of points.

I tried to pick him up after his first game. I was too slow.

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,