Conquer Club

Rock N' Roll Mafia 3/14 Endgame: Town Wins

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby kgb007 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:46 am

Commander9 wrote:That response didn't answer anything. Your statements are addressing situation before anything happened. The whole thing escalated after my vote on IB, to which he overreacted, which is our whole deal. Your points are absolutely invalid as up until that statement it was obvious a joke-vote stage and up until the IB's accusations, no one was concerned about anything... Which basically renders your whole argument and case invalid.

I think we all understand and agree that your vote on IB was a joke vote. I think we can all agree IB overreacted slightly as he did not realize it was a joke vote but I think your response to his overreaction was more telling than his overreaction since I cannot see any posts to back up your comments.

Ill buy that IB didn't get you were joke voting since sarcasm in difficult to pick up on in text. After comm's vote there were 4 separate joke votes on IB with three joke vote reasons and 1 joke vote bandwagon ("seems legit")
Sergeant 1st Class kgb007

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:01 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:
Commander9 wrote:
kgb007 wrote:You stated in response to IB getting defensively over the "seems legit" bandwagon vote that IB was looking for an "easy target" but IB had not voted other than his joke vote, I don't have access to a computer for the weekend so maybe someone else can help me out but in my previous post, the first green text is your response and the second green text is me disagreeing with your response

That response didn't answer anything. Your statements are addressing situation before anything happened. The whole thing escalated after my vote on IB, to which he overreacted, which is our whole deal. Your points are absolutely invalid as up until that statement it was obvious a joke-vote stage and up until the IB's accusations, no one was concerned about anything... Which basically renders your whole argument and case invalid.

I did not over react. I made no accusations. I asked you a simple question, though I forgot to use a question mark. *grin* I would think it was formed as an obvious question.

You love using the word obvious as if it means something. "Obvious" is a matter of perception.

Obviously it was not apparent to you that my comment about the game ending if strike were lynched was a joke. In fact you seemed to believe some believe it could have happened. So the joke was not obvious to you. Obvious to everyone else...but not you, as you had to explain to everyone why that could not be a reality. Get the point??

So please stop using the word Obvious as if it is a valid defense in replying to peoples questions.

^ This. I find Commander's arguments to NOT be making sense to me. I didn't see Iron's question as an 'over reaction'. I did however see Commander's lengthy post as an over reaction to Iron's question. As Iron states, it is a matter of perception, and Commander's perception seems to be off, and his arguments seem to be based on nothing, except what is in his own mind...not really factual.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby dazza2008 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:10 am

I think all the talk of overreaction is not really getting us anywhere. It seems more like people missing jokes than anything to me and I can't see how we are trying to get serious cases from it. It seems like an argument that will just go on forever. I thik we need to move on but not sure how. I always find it hard to make much sense of day 1.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby kgb007 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:11 am

Commander9 wrote:My legitimacy was obviously a joke, but it seems you've been looking hard to find anything you could pile your vote on and just chose the closest possible reason without it actually it being any reason for now. So for looking for an easy suspect and being quite defencive against a 2 people wagon at the very beginning of the game, you get my FoS. My vote stays for now.

Show me where IB has been looking hard to pile on his vote? Show me where he was looking for an easy suspect?

You can't bc IB isn't guilty of either of those things you said. We've already established he overreacted to you joke vote reason of "seems legit" but I'm not buying that from his overreaction that you arrive at the conclusion that he's looking hard for anything to pile his vote on or an easy suspect.

Aren't we all looking an easy D1 lynch candidate?

The thing is, it's becoming clear to me and my fellow rock gods that it's YOU.

You slipped up in the post quoted above and then tried to dismiss my attempts to get you validate your comments by claiming my point is invalid bc you were joke voting.

That still doesn't take back your post above...

Please try and show us where IB was looking to pile on and look for an easy suspect

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:39 pm

Oh bother.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby dazza2008 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Doom what made you think it was town on town? I couldn't work out what alignment any of them were. Just seemed like people not getting jokes lol.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:52 pm

dazza2008 wrote:Doom what made you think it was town on town? I couldn't work out what alignment any of them were. Just seemed like people not getting jokes lol.

Mafia will generally try to drop something and sink back in. Only two townies would carry a stupid argument this far.

Of course, now that I said that, it no longer applies for this game.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby dazza2008 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:42 pm

I suppose.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby Commander9 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:40 pm

kgb007 wrote:I think we all understand and agree that your vote on IB was a joke vote. I think we can all agree IB overreacted slightly as he did not realize it was a joke vote but I think your response to his overreaction was more telling than his overreaction since I cannot see any posts to back up your comments.

Ill buy that IB didn't get you were joke voting since sarcasm in difficult to pick up on in text. After comm's vote there were 4 separate joke votes on IB with three joke vote reasons and 1 joke vote bandwagon ("seems legit")

... How were I over-reacting? It was the first normal accusation in the game without any basis whatsoever - and I just responded. Also, technically the bandwagons starts at 2 or 3 people, so... If you consider that to be a wagon, at least do it correct.

Nebuchadnezer wrote:^ This. I find Commander's arguments to NOT be making sense to me. I didn't see Iron's question as an 'over reaction'. I did however see Commander's lengthy post as an over reaction to Iron's question. As Iron states, it is a matter of perception, and Commander's perception seems to be off, and his arguments seem to be based on nothing, except what is in his own mind...not really factual.

Well, yeah... Everyone always have their own perception and that is never factual. Most of the arguments in mafia are rhetorical and verbal (all of them at Day 1), so of course... It's based on my perception. I don't really see your point. Furthermore, there are people who actually did notice what I was doing (note that it's those who have been here a while and have played with me before), so... I'd say we are at an impasse. You quite obviously don't understand things from my perspective and I'd say your perception is skewed due to possible multiple reasons.

kgb007 wrote:Show me where IB has been looking hard to pile on his vote? Show me where he was looking for an easy suspect?

You can't bc IB isn't guilty of either of those things you said. We've already established he overreacted to you joke vote reason of "seems legit" but I'm not buying that from his overreaction that you arrive at the conclusion that he's looking hard for anything to pile his vote on or an easy suspect.

Aren't we all looking an easy D1 lynch candidate?

The thing is, it's becoming clear to me and my fellow rock gods that it's YOU.

You slipped up in the post quoted above and then tried to dismiss my attempts to get you validate your comments by claiming my point is invalid bc you were joke voting.

That still doesn't take back your post above...

Please try and show us where IB was looking to pile on and look for an easy suspect

Can you show me where I wrote that? Can't seem to find it. As far as an easy suspect - I've already explained it multiple times before. From what I've seen, most of others understand it, so go re-read if it is still unclear.

Not really. I actually try to find at least a semi-decent lynch for day 1, although most people do bandwagon.

If you mean that around 4 people out of 14, who are the main ones posting, sure.

*rolls eyes* How exactly did I slip up?
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby spiesr on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:49 am

Commander9 wrote:
kgb007 wrote:
Commander9 wrote:My legitimacy was obviously a joke, but it seems you've been looking hard to find anything you could pile your vote on and just chose the closest possible reason without it actually it being any reason for now. So for looking for an easy suspect and being quite defencive against a 2 people wagon at the very beginning of the game, you get my FoS. My vote stays for now.
Show me where IB has been looking hard to pile on his vote? Show me where he was looking for an easy suspect?
Can you show me where I wrote that? Can't seem to find it.
Right there in the post that he quoted...
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:08 pm

You slipped up by using that garish yellow.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:11 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:You slipped up by using that garish yellow.

I agree, it hurt my eyes.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby dazza2008 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:14 pm

I was going to say that last night when I read it but only just got my vision back now.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby strike wolf on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:03 pm

Vote Count:

Chuck (1)-Neb
IB (2)- Aage, Comm9
Doom (1)-IB
Comm9 (4)-Spiesr, Neb, Jonty, KGB007
Neb (2)-Stubbs, Doom
Newguy
Pancake (1)-Spiesr
Spiesr (1)-PCM
Dazza (2)-Jonty, Skill
Aage
Jonty (1)-Chuck
Stubbs
Skill
KGB007

with 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Sorry about delays, I ended up taking two extra shifts at work this week and I was just busy enough to not have time to deal with the thread. I'm pretty sure that there's at least a couple of people who haven't posted in a while but I'll wait on doing any actual inactivity checks for now.

Deadline will be next Sunday 11:59 PM EST.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:49 am

new guy1 wrote:Confirmed replacing, will skip the joke vote, and I have nothing to add to the current conversation except for the fact that I find jonty's lack of attention rather scummy (as far as having to "go back to see who he sides with"). Other than that, pretty much nothing to add here and I wont vote him quite yet as I want to see his response to Iron's last post.

I thought the whole incident would blow over, so in my initial read through I paid attention to IB/comm saga, but didn't analyse specifically who slipped first.

pancakemix wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I find his FOS and now serious vote on IB, over-reacting. Maybe it was just me, but I read IB's comment as

[img]

so I felt comm9 placing a serious vote, was an over-reaction.

Are you sure? Because it seems to me like IB was the one who overreacted and Comm responded in kind. IB looks to have totally misread Comm's use of the phrase "seems legit" ,which is a meme implying sarcastically that something "seems legit", even though it obviously isn't (like how lynching the mod would end the game). Knowing that meme exists and knowing Comm to be a fan of them (he and I worked on a meme-themed game together in the past) I didn't misread that, but if IB wasn't aware of it that could easily be a cause for misunderstanding.

No not entirely. But that's how I read it, and I stand by it.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby kgb007 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:56 am

Commander9 wrote:
kgb007 wrote:I think we all understand and agree that your vote on IB was a joke vote. I think we can all agree IB overreacted slightly as he did not realize it was a joke vote but I think your response to his overreaction was more telling than his overreaction since I cannot see any posts to back up your comments.

... How were I over-reacting? It was the first normal accusation in the game without any basis whatsoever - and I just responded. Also, technically the bandwagons starts at 2 or 3 people, so... If you consider that to be a wagon, at least do it correct.

never said you overreacted, you even quoted my post...i'm not going to argue about what constitutes a bandwagon because it doesn't add any substantence to the game

Commander9 wrote:As far as an easy suspect - I've already explained it multiple times before. From what I've seen, most of others understand it, so go re-read if it is still unclear.

Not really. I actually try to find at least a semi-decent lynch for day 1, although most people do bandwagon.

If you mean that around 4 people out of 14, who are the main ones posting, sure.

*rolls eyes* How exactly did I slip up?

pancakemix wrote:He's referring to this:

Commander9 wrote: it seems you've been looking hard to find anything you could pile your vote on and just chose the closest possible reason without it actually it being any reason for now. So for looking for an easy suspect and being quite defencive against a 2 people wagon at the very beginning of the game, you get my Fos

So the question then is: who is this easy suspect? Because up to the point when you made this post, IB had only voted one person.

I think Comm is saying that the easy suspect was himself, am I right? I still don't agree with Comm's reasonings though...

I don't think IB was looking for an easy suspect but just overreacted bc, from what I believe, he didn't understand the sarcasm behind your "seems legit" vote reasoning, whether that overreaction was intentional or unintentional, only IB knows, after re-reading everything for the 5th time, I think IB's overreaction was unintentional for whatever that's worth

Postby Commander9 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:46 pm

kgb007 wrote:never said you overreacted, you even quoted my post...i'm not going to argue about what constitutes a bandwagon because it doesn't add any substantence to the game

It was the general accusation against me, so I have decided to cover it.

kgb007 wrote:I think Comm is saying that the easy suspect was himself, am I right? I still don't agree with Comm's reasonings though...

Correct.

kgb007 wrote:I don't think IB was looking for an easy suspect but just overreacted bc, from what I believe, he didn't understand the sarcasm behind your "seems legit" vote reasoning, whether that overreaction was intentional or unintentional, only IB knows, after re-reading everything for the 5th time, I think IB's overreaction was unintentional for whatever that's worth

Well, apparently his posts comes from misunderstanding that mine was a joke, it does seem to be a misunderstanding from both sides.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Commander9 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:47 pm

EBWOP: Forgot to add to my last post... Jeez, damn I'm rusty.

spiesr wrote:Right there in the post that he quoted...

Apparently I did even though I have absolutely no recollection of typing that. This one is my bad and it is indeed false.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby kgb007 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:55 pm

Commander9 wrote:EBWOP: Forgot to add to my last post... Jeez, damn I'm rusty.

spiesr wrote:Right there in the post that he quoted...

Apparently I did even though I have absolutely no recollection of typing that. This one is my bad and it is indeed false.

it's on page 8, july 7th

Postby StubbsKVM on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:24 pm

did we get a deadline yet? Cause I may have missed it.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby dazza2008 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:15 pm

StubbsKVM wrote:did we get a deadline yet? Cause I may have missed it.

Sunday 11:59 PM EST

Its on the vote count all the way 1 page back :roll:
Corporal dazza2008

Postby StubbsKVM on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:13 pm

:oops: Thank you dazza.

Anyway. I'm not really buying the "I'm rusty" excuse every time he does something wrong anymore.
And the "I forgot I even typed that" looks very weird.

So...

Vote Commander
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:55 pm

StubbsKVM wrote:did we get a deadline yet? Cause I may have missed it.

vote stubbs

Why do you care about the deadline? Is your vote on commander predicated on the existence of a deadline? If so, you didn't make that clear.

Since nobody cares about my other case :roll:
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby StubbsKVM on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:28 am

I just wanted to know how much time we have left. I've asked this before... It does mean we still have time for other cases.

What's your other case??
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby jonty125 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:51 am

StubbsKVM wrote:I just wanted to know how much time we have left. I've asked this before... It does mean we still have time for other cases.

What's your other case??

I think it's his [DoomYoshi's] former vote on Neb.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives