Conquer Club

Kicked out for violating the rules

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Kicked out for violating the rules

Postby GeeksAreMyPeeps on Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:44 am

I'm playing a game where one of my opponents was kicked out for violating the rules. Is there any way to check on what rules were broken, and whether that might have affecting the game in question directly? (Certainly the player being kicked out has affected the game dynamic, but I don't know whether the rules violation did.)
Major GeeksAreMyPeeps

Re: Kicked out for violating the rules

Postby Arama86n on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:18 pm

I don't think there is. You could try PMing a multi hunter if your really curious, but I doubt they'll tell you.
Major Arama86n

Postby Evil Semp on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:33 pm

GeeksAreMyPeeps wrote:I'm playing a game where one of my opponents was kicked out for violating the rules. Is there any way to check on what rules were broken, and whether that might have affecting the game in question directly? (Certainly the player being kicked out has affected the game dynamic, but I don't know whether the rules violation did.)

The player was busted for having more than one account.
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Agent 86 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:35 pm

So when anyone signs up, before being allowed to join games and so forth a check be done? Seems we could stop multies at the door and not let them in. It's a privilege to have an account and abuse will not be tolerated. This should be the multi-hunters job cathing them before not after the fact. Join and you have 24-48hrs before approval. Could this be done?
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby hmsps on Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:14 pm

Agent 86 wrote:So when anyone signs up, before being allowed to join games and so forth a check be done? Seems we could stop multies at the door and not let them in. It's a privilege to have an account and abuse will not be tolerated. This should be the multi-hunters job cathing them before not after the fact. Join and you have 24-48hrs before approval. Could this be done?
I suggested this some time ago, it seems to me like a good idea to stop the problem before it starts. Just look at nodloyalist who continually creates multiple accounts
Highest score 3372 02/08/12
Highest position 53 02/08/12
Major hmsps

Postby Jippd on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:00 pm

Agent 86 wrote:So when anyone signs up, before being allowed to join games and so forth a check be done? Seems we could stop multies at the door and not let them in. It's a privilege to have an account and abuse will not be tolerated. This should be the multi-hunters job cathing them before not after the fact. Join and you have 24-48hrs before approval. Could this be done?

If the site does this they risk losing people that would stumble upon the site and create an account. If someone had to wait 24-48 hours to be able to play games they may never come back to the site and thus it would slow the website's ability to grow.

The idea is good to stop multis but it would harm the growth capability of the site by deterring new customers/players.
Last edited by Jippd on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major Jippd

Postby TeeGee on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:43 am

It would also create a whole lot more wore for the admin and C&A team to check every account that joins, the site averages well over 100 new members a day. That would be a lot of accounts to check and clear..and still leaves questions on the members who use proxies
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby nietzsche on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:31 am

TeeGee wrote:It would also create a whole lot more wore for the admin and C&A team to check every account that joins, the site averages well over 100 new members a day. That would be a lot of accounts to check and clear..and still leaves questions on the members who use proxies

Probably non related but if the site averages 100 new members a day, say 50 are multies, the other 50 are really new.. they growth potential is enormous, and it's all being wasted because of no one will pick out a book on usability...

This site needs a shiny 2.0 version of the UI
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:54 am

TeeGee wrote:It would also create a whole lot more wore for the admin and C&A team to check every account that joins, the site averages well over 100 new members a day. That would be a lot of accounts to check and clear..and still leaves questions on the members who use proxies

It would also end up busting family members, coworkers, kids who play at school, etc.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Agent 86 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:03 am

Fair enough I can see both points of view..So go to hell you multies and let the site run as it's supposed too! This is a war gaming site, you should honor the code and only have 1 account. Kudos to the Multi-Hunters who have to put in extra work to keep the site clean.

We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Return to Conquer Club Discussion