Conquer Club

Another unannounced feature?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Another unannounced feature?

Postby Lindax on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:01 pm

What's that "REMATCH" button doing in my speed game?

And still no news on the "Achievement" thingy in our profiles? Come on guys, this is getting ridiculous.

Lx
Last edited by Lindax on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: Another unannounced feature?

Postby angola on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:03 pm

I think the rematch button is pretty cool. Saves time from going into the start a game page and then having to manually invite people.
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Captain angola

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:35 pm

Lindax wrote:What's that "REMATCH" button doing in my speed game?

And still no news on the "Achievement" thingy in our profiles? Come on guys, this is getting ridiculous.

Lx

This is referring to the medals, and it is uncompleted yet. We will work on this.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby TeeGee on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Sometimes updates have to be made in stages to keep the site flowing and online, I am pretty sure that is what the deal is with the achievement showing on profiles. With future updates some things will become more clear ;)
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Butters1919 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:52 pm

Lindax wrote:What's that "REMATCH" button doing in my speed game?

Lx

Too bad this thread has not been utilized as promised: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=187564
Cook Butters1919

Postby Lindax on Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:23 pm

TeeGee wrote:Sometimes updates have to be made in stages to keep the site flowing and online, I am pretty sure that is what the deal is with the achievement showing on profiles. With future updates some things will become more clear ;)

My beef is not with updates that are intended to improve our user experience. My beef is with stuff showing up and I don't have any idea what it is about.

Don't we have an Announcement Forum for that (amongst other ways of informing the paying customer)?

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby greenoaks on Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:45 pm

angola wrote:I think the rematch button is pretty cool. Saves time from going into the start a game page and then having to manually invite people.

but if 1 player has dropped off the site the reinvite feature does not work :evil:
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Lindax on Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:57 pm

Yehaa! The REMATCH button is announced.

Unfortunately it seems to create more problems/loopholes than anything else. You would think smart people like computer programmers (or whatever they are) would think of those beforehand and/or test stuff before implementing it....

Yeah, being negative again. So, give me a reason to be positive CC!

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby nietzsche on Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:15 pm

Lindax wrote:Yehaa! The REMATCH button is announced.

Unfortunately it seems to create more problems/loopholes than anything else. You would think smart people like computer programmers (or whatever they are) would think of those beforehand and/or test stuff before implementing it....

Lx

It's actually pretty lame that a programmer of a code that hundreds of thousands use cannot foresee the problems the new code will create, specially if it is something very simple.

Let's get technical, and this will very simple, but then again good code is always simple and elegant:

The Rematch function should (in a good code) reuse the CreateGame function, such function should validate the selected options in the first lines, but either this doesn't happen in the CreateGame function and it's assumed (I believe because they are using the POST method) that never would this problem arise or the Rematch function has it's own code to create games and it was not properly validated. In the first case the CreateGame function has its validation before being invoked, or validation never happens?

Either way shows it's a badly written code. Now, the loophole it's harmless now, but it could be something more drastic, although many programmers catch every error by getting everything in a try-catch error handles which it's a bad programming technique IMO.

I've been out of the programming world for 10 years now and I did never get into HTML programming, which makes it worse because it shows the errors committed are very easily preventable.

This is not the first time something like this happens, it has happened many many times it's laughable. So really, by the time they take to implement stuff, the quality of the features and the abundant bugs, it's clear the programmer(s) leave a lot to be desired.

And I'm saying this because this site could use a lot of help, and it has too much room to expand.
Last edited by nietzsche on Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby greenoaks on Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:17 pm

Lx

it was tested beforehand, then the wrong thing rolled out :roll:
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Butters1919 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:47 pm

Lx

+1
Cook Butters1919

Return to Conquer Club Discussion