Conquer Club

Rematch Button

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Rematch Button

Postby ben.cleuch on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:55 am

I have just noticed a REMATCH button beside the Round number under the game number. I had a look in announcements etc but could find no mention of its function. I would guess it is to invite players from the game to another with same settings.
Sorry if I missed where it has been posted, do others know of it's function?
Thanks
ben.cleuch
Sergeant 1st Class ben.cleuch

Re: Rematch Button

Postby SirSebstar on Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:22 am

The rematch is spanking brand new.
Whenever a game has ended, it now sports the posibility to use the button to remake the game with the exact same settings.
this is SOO new, there has not been a proper announcement about it, yet.
well spotted

ben.cleuch wrote:I have just noticed a REMATCH button beside the Round number under the game number. I had a look in announcements etc but could find no mention of its function. I would guess it is to invite players from the game to another with same settings.
Sorry if I missed where it has been posted, do others know of it's function?
Thanks
ben.cleuch
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby SaviorShot on Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:56 am

Neat
Colonel SaviorShot

Postby nicarus on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:17 am

so i one player pushes it, does it create an identical game with invites to all the players in the game?
Sergeant 1st Class nicarus

Postby SirSebstar on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:44 am

nicarus wrote:so i one player pushes it, does it create an identical game with invites to all the players in the game?

just tested it
if you press the button, it creates the same game, and then you get the option to invite the same player[yes/no]. so yes
Major SirSebstar

Postby sempaispellcheck on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:40 am

Note: At this time, if you select the rematch button from a random map game, it will start another game on whatever map the game was played on - in other words, a rematched "clone" of a random map game will NOT be a random map game.
I'm hoping this will be changed soon, but as of now, that's how it is.

EDIT: The second part of the above is no longer true - the rematch will still be on the same map, but it WILL be considered a random map game.

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

then it is not Re: Rematch Button

Postby greenoaks on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:56 am

sempaispellcheck wrote:Note: At this time, if you select the rematch button from a random map game, it will start another game on whatever map the game was played on - in other words, a rematched "clone" of a random map game will NOT be a random map game.

EDIT: The second part of the above is no longer true - the rematch will still be on the same map, but it WILL be considered a random map game.

sempai

then it is not 'Random'
Sergeant greenoaks

Re: then it is not Re: Rematch Button

Postby nàme on Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:12 am

greenoaks wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:Note: At this time, if you select the rematch button from a random map game, it will start another game on whatever map the game was played on - in other words, a rematched "clone" of a random map game will NOT be a random map game.

sempai

then it is not 'Random'

I assume it counts for getting the medals though. Kind of strange. Hope it will be fixed, but I guess it's not too big of a problem.
Major nàme

Postby Frox333 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:37 am

I LOVE THIS!?!?!?!??!
Major Frox333

Postby badmunkay on Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:48 pm

Hope no one presses it on Battle Royale...
Colonel badmunkay

Postby Keefie on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:22 pm

badmunkay wrote:Hope no one presses it on Battle Royale...

Good point BM.

Although I'm sure that one has been considered by the developers 8-[
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby IcePack on Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:32 pm

Keefie wrote:
badmunkay wrote:Hope no one presses it on Battle Royale...

Good point BM.

Although I'm sure that one has been considered by the developers 8-[

We are aware of the possibility to use / abuse this on BR's. Its something the developers are aware of and working on.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:59 pm

Game 1000001 Freestyle fans, here is one to rematch.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby SirSebstar on Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:25 am

useing a bug, even a blatant one like this is against the site ruels.
Either drop it yourself, or expect the games to be deleted without prior information. creating br's is fun if you are the first to find out about it, but this will hopefully be fixed asap. the developers have been notified
Major SirSebstar

Postby greenoaks on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:19 am

SirSebstar wrote:useing a bug, even a blatant one like this is against the site ruels.
Either drop it yourself, or expect the games to be deleted without prior information. creating br's is fun if you are the first to find out about it, but this will hopefully be fixed asap. the developers have been notified

what part of this is not a bug do you not fucking understand.

we now have beta testers. this was tested. CC implemented it.

this is how CC wants it.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby SirSebstar on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:59 am

no function that allows you to create br's on your own would not consitute not a bug.or in clearer english
it was tested that the functionality would not screw up the cc database. The unexpected functionality of making br's is a bug.
this is a bug, the fact that you can make it do something that was OBVIOUSLY not intended is not a functionality. please use a bit of common sense.
Major SirSebstar

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:17 am

SirSebstar wrote:no function that allows you to create br's on your own would not consitute not a bug.or in clearer english
it was tested that the functionality would not screw up the cc database. The unexpected functionality of making br's is a bug.
this is a bug, the fact that you can make it do something that was OBVIOUSLY not intended is not a functionality. please use a bit of common sense.

Can we get a link to the announcement where the intended purpose of this functionality is??? With any development project now days, I would assume all requirements are clearly defined, coded to, and tested against. Perhaps a member can be added to the Beta testers that types up the new func details and they are announced to the public prior to go-live instead of getting these surprises.

IMO, exploiting all the bugs is the best way to get these development cycles. Another member should be added to the Beta testers to test out the user experience of said features.

It's 2013, development cycles (requirements > dev > unit > functional > user testing > go-live) is not a new concept anymore.

Not trying to be a jerk, just trying to fix this from happening with every [unexpected] release. At least tell us "We are going live Saturday with a new blah blah blah feature". So we aren't surprised saturday when everything is different when we log in, we can get used to the upcoming concepts before having them thrown at us. Just my two cents. ;)
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby SirSebstar on Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:01 am

i totally agree tht its nice to see a new function added, and its a shame we were not appriced beforehand and such a big bug was still present. but lets face it, its an exploit bigger then what glg got banned over.
Major SirSebstar

Postby IcePack on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:10 pm

greenoaks wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:useing a bug, even a blatant one like this is against the site ruels.

this is how CC wants it.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, thats not the case. There's an official announcement on it here if you'd like to read further.

icepack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby greenoaks on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:23 pm

IcePack wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

this is how CC wants it.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, thats not the case. There's an official announcement on it here if you'd like to read further.

icepack

that announcement didn't exist at the time so why should we assume an awesome feature is a bug.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:31 pm

SirSebstar wrote:i totally agree tht its nice to see a new function added, and its a shame we were not appriced beforehand and such a big bug was still present. but lets face it, its an exploit bigger then what glg got banned over.

Until announcement was out, how are we supposed to know what is a bug and what is not? If it is that big of a bug or exploitation, where is backout plan on new code developed? If it is that big of bug, back out the code, get it right, THEN put it back in...

If they put a button in the middle of the screen that isn't meant to be clicked, is it our fault for clicking it or theirs for even putting it there?
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:24 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:i totally agree tht its nice to see a new function added, and its a shame we were not appriced beforehand and such a big bug was still present. but lets face it, its an exploit bigger then what glg got banned over.

Until announcement was out, how are we supposed to know what is a bug and what is not? If it is that big of a bug or exploitation, where is backout plan on new code developed? If it is that big of bug, back out the code, get it right, THEN put it back in...

If they put a button in the middle of the screen that isn't meant to be clicked, is it our fault for clicking it or theirs for even putting it there?

That is why no one is being punished.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby pickleofdoom on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:00 pm

Very strange that the button just appears there and no announcement beforehand. eminded me a bit of that April fools day "flip the board" button.

I guess i had better drop that battle royale game i got invited to. Saw a battle royale speed game up yesterday. Goodness knows how that one got created.
Colonel pickleofdoom

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:44 pm

There is not much you can do, it things just don't go as you really want too. the announcement was planned.

rdsrds2120 wrote:..........., and an announcement was going to be here earlier (barring that my computer didn't bonk out the night of the update!), but alas, here we are. ..........

BMO

quote="pickleofdoom"]Very strange that the button just appears there and no announcement beforehand. eminded me a bit of that April fools day "flip the board" button.

I guess i had better drop that battle royale game i got invited to. Saw a battle royale speed game up yesterday. Goodness knows how that one got created.[/quote]
Major SirSebstar

Return to Conquer Club Discussion