How many players use clans?

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderators: Clan Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: How many players use clans?

Postby Foxglove on Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:02 pm

Dako wrote:Yes, that is sad indeed. To many events? But I like them!


Me too. A lot of us used to play more tournaments, and we obviously made the choice to participate in fewer tournaments and more clan events.

But maybe it's gone a little too far. :)
Brigadier Foxglove
Beta Team Member
Beta Team Member
 
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:05 pm
Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: How many players use clans?

Postby freakns on Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:05 pm

i used to like tournaments... i remember winning HA's biggest tournament by that time(625 participants), that was big time for me. i liked blitz money makers. quad tournament with different maps and interesting idea... and this is what tournaments are missing now, new, fresh ideas.
also, clans are much more interesting, because they show team play. you have 15+ ppl battling on your side, not everything is on your shoulders, just like in real life you have to depend on others... and truthfully, sometimes watching a game is more exciting then playing one! its just like WOW, you all go and play same stupid dungeons over and over, doing meaningless quests, just so you get ready for raids, because 25(or those 40 ppl raids from burning crusade... when i was young... and not this fat... and bit smarter... *sob*... man, those were fun!) raids are reason why so many ppl played WOW and not to do quests on their own!

as for posts, we have 3250... we just arent that active on forum. most of conversation is going via PMs and skype.
Image
Brigadier freakns
 
Posts: 2368
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:20 am
Medals: 63
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (12) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: How many players use clans?

Postby Lindax on Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:22 pm

Dako wrote:I remember great doubles tournaments by ballenus. Oh how I wanted to win one of them each time I signed up there! They were one of the best. All TLO's are still considered one of the best team/clan tournaments there ever were. 7UP is another nice one. Some TOFU players like to play a lot of games and they sign up for tournaments. We also try to keep up with major large-team tournaments and join them if we have the capacity.


I may do another TLO tourney again if you guys like it so much. I decided to stop doing them because I always seemed to make more people unhappy than happy when I had to make executive decisions....

Lx
Image
User avatar
Colonel Lindax
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 8592
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:58 pm
Medals: 124
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (8)

Re: How many players use clans?

Postby Dako on Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:19 pm

Lindax wrote:
Dako wrote:I remember great doubles tournaments by ballenus. Oh how I wanted to win one of them each time I signed up there! They were one of the best. All TLO's are still considered one of the best team/clan tournaments there ever were. 7UP is another nice one. Some TOFU players like to play a lot of games and they sign up for tournaments. We also try to keep up with major large-team tournaments and join them if we have the capacity.


I may do another TLO tourney again if you guys like it so much. I decided to stop doing them because I always seemed to make more people unhappy than happy when I had to make executive decisions....

Lx

They were wonderful! It's good that you experiment with the format, but previous editions were great. If you ever run another TLO I am sure many clans will join and will offer help organizing the event. And I know what it feels to be a decision maker, all hard to be the one to get the ball rolling. But I doubt people have problems with that - it's your tournament in the end, so you are the boss. Just keep it that way, you will see that many many teams will join.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier Dako
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:07 am
Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
Medals: 115
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (24)
Clan Achievement (20) General Contribution (20)

Re: How many players use clans?

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:32 pm

I noticed something else that no one seemed to mention. I'm a fairly recently returned player after a break of a few years. I had never really thought about the clan scene or really knew what it was about until a few months ago, some clans asked me to join and I ended up with Kort.

One majorly annoying thing I noticed is that people don't want to discuss turns anymore in team games. I was put off joining tournaments for the most part because of lack of communication. You cannot play effectively without friggen some sort of communication, even if it's notes in gamechat about a direction to take. CC was certainly a different animal in that regard back in 2009.

Since getting into the clan world in the past few months, I've started to wonder... Is the unwillingness to communicate with people outside of your clan related to the fact that people are afraid to give away their strategies?

If the answer to this is "yes" then there goes your reason for the big team tournament's demise.
User avatar
Captain Shannon Apple
 
Posts: 723
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:40 pm
Location: Ireland
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (3) Training Achievement (1)
General Contribution (1)

Re: How many players use clans?

Postby jackal31 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:24 pm

I have to agree with Shannon a little bit there too. I joined THOTA in 2009 also, and it was at that time when I started to learn the importance of discussing turns and "planning" team games. I would say now, I talk in all my "social" team games and my clan games are far more chat filled. Night and day difference from before my clan world experiences.

On another note, if Blitz were here he would want to share how much bigger his ..... clan posting is......than any of yours. THOTA, though retired (and having only posted maybe a total of 50 times during that time) is at over 18.5k posts.

Also, Forza ran the Premier League which zips and I won in 2009 and I still think that is one of the best tourney wins I have. It was a well run and long tournament. Even being a doubles tourney, it seems all the tourneys in place now are not as lengthy as they used to be.
Best Score: 3476
1/9/12
User avatar
Colonel jackal31
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:06 am
Location: Michigan
Medals: 87
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: How many players use clans?

Postby Foxglove on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:13 pm

Dako wrote:
Lindax wrote:TLO!
Lx

They were wonderful! It's good that you experiment with the format, but previous editions were great. If you ever run another TLO I am sure many clans will join and will offer help organizing the event. And I know what it feels to be a decision maker, all hard to be the one to get the ball rolling. But I doubt people have problems with that - it's your tournament in the end, so you are the boss. Just keep it that way, you will see that many many teams will join.


Yes, this!
Brigadier Foxglove
Beta Team Member
Beta Team Member
 
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:05 pm
Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: How many players use clans?

Postby jetsetwilly on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:44 am

I love the idea of a tournament which encourages a mixture of players from different clans being given the opportunity to play together. Each clan enters a fixed number of players who are then randomly teamed together. A great way to get to know people outside of your regular circle.

However, to pick up on Shannon's point, I wouldn't get involved without some sort of commitment from all the players entering to provide regular team chat. Clan life spoils you in that regard and I don't enjoy games that don't include it.
Image
User avatar
Colonel jetsetwilly
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:31 am
Location: United Kingdom
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (12) General Contribution (2)

Re: How many players use clans?

Postby Arama86n on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:54 am

jetsetwilly wrote:I love the idea of a tournament which encourages a mixture of players from different clans being given the opportunity to play together. Each clan enters a fixed number of players who are then randomly teamed together. A great way to get to know people outside of your regular circle.

However, to pick up on Shannon's point, I wouldn't get involved without some sort of commitment from all the players entering to provide regular team chat. Clan life spoils you in that regard and I don't enjoy games that don't include it.


Off the top of my head a quick thought in answer to your and Foxy's point: If you would like to see a large team tourney where people don't sign up with their clan-mates that could ofc just be written into the rules. That the team of 8 must consist of no two players from the same clan, or only two players from the same clan or so forth.

But I don't think it's strange to want to play such tournaments with clan-mates. I for example have only been in TOFU for 7-8 months, I definitely don't feel I have had the time to get to know all my clan-mates as much as I'd like on the field, and any such tournament is a chance to play more with the clan I've chosen to be a part of.
That said, I'm not saying a non-clan big-team tourney would be a bad thing, might even be refreshing.

Willy, Foxy, get to work :) Put those brilliant minds to work and bring us the tourney to put all other tourneys to shame. I have no doubt you are capable. :)
Image
User avatar
Major Arama86n
 
Posts: 1381
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:32 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: How many players use clans?

Postby Armandolas on Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:51 pm

I know many players like to play together with different/outside own clan players.Ive recently made a challenge in callouts with 8 players that decided to join.We played alot of quads together and against and for me it was a delightfull experience and i think (hopefully) everyone enjoyed. I met a bit better some great players and games were really fun.

I guess some just dont bother the risk of playing in the team of that guy who does not even read chat and plays carelessly just because he writes "im in " in every tournament thread, without even looking at the tourney itself. I can include myself in this list, not because i think im good but just because it ruins my gameplay experience.
So people sometimes join teamtournaments with member of their own clan, of whom they rely, but then it becomes a bit boring because those are the guys that you play together in clanevents every week.

The question is not who has nice ideias to provide a great team tournament experience but from that people , who has time to do that?... because it requires a lot of commitement.

Cheers
User avatar
Brigadier Armandolas
 
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:32 am
Location: Lisbon
Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (14)

Re: How many players use clans?

Postby chemefreak on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:34 pm

freakns wrote:
ManBungalow wrote:So...how many CC players are directly involved in a clan?

And how many of those are active?

I wonder if we could make the clan world more accessible?

IMO, clan world is what makes CC running. most of hard core players are here mostly because of clans.
now, how to make it more accessible? for start, clan directors should use their heads. now, we know that aint happening, then bring back flame wars. right now we are having threads thats closed if everyone isnt shouting "omg, you are so great", "no, no, you are", "no way, your clan is the best", "maybe second best because yours clan rules"
and when someone colorful as eddie comes along, he gets banned. im not sure how is that accessible...
let ppl talk. you want to talk shit? fine, do it, but dont go running to Lee when you are butthurt. stick your dick when your mouth are(errr... not sure if this is correct phrase... why would i stick my dick into pudding? *confused*)


Where else on this site an a fucking illiterate twit like this express his true feelings? Hell, this post didn't even get reported in Clans. I submit that flame wars never really went away it just migrated here. Clans is where it is at!

Tournaments have their own Tab. They are and always will be the darling of this site. Any person colored yellow can say anything they want, anytime they want, in any forum they want and nothing is ever done. So why are they here touting their department? Because the clan world is fucking awesome. You lose a tournament? Who gives a shit, there are hundreds of them. 1v1 on Arms Race? Lost the first fifty times you tried...don't despair, someone will host another. Lost a clan war? Good luck getting another shot at that same clan. The games mean something. It is the only place on this site where this is true.

Eddie was banned by the site, not the CDs. If you have a problem with the punishment, go to someone wearing red colors.

Lindax Forever.

ChemE out.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted: Praetor
Image
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
User avatar
Lieutenant chemefreak
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Columbus (Franklin Park), Ohio
Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (15) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (6)

Re: How many players use clans?

Postby jetsetwilly on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:04 am

Arama86n wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:I love the idea of a tournament which encourages a mixture of players from different clans being given the opportunity to play together. Each clan enters a fixed number of players who are then randomly teamed together. A great way to get to know people outside of your regular circle.

However, to pick up on Shannon's point, I wouldn't get involved without some sort of commitment from all the players entering to provide regular team chat. Clan life spoils you in that regard and I don't enjoy games that don't include it.


Off the top of my head a quick thought in answer to your and Foxy's point: If you would like to see a large team tourney where people don't sign up with their clan-mates that could ofc just be written into the rules. That the team of 8 must consist of no two players from the same clan, or only two players from the same clan or so forth.

But I don't think it's strange to want to play such tournaments with clan-mates. I for example have only been in TOFU for 7-8 months, I definitely don't feel I have had the time to get to know all my clan-mates as much as I'd like on the field, and any such tournament is a chance to play more with the clan I've chosen to be a part of.
That said, I'm not saying a non-clan big-team tourney would be a bad thing, might even be refreshing.

Willy, Foxy, get to work :) Put those brilliant minds to work and bring us the tourney to put all other tourneys to shame. I have no doubt you are capable. :)


Don't get me wrong, all the tournaments I play are with clan mates. I just like the idea of the random teaming up of players from different clans too. I'm less keen on an option that gets you to build a mixed clan team in advance. That is more likely to get you teams of old friends playing together.
Image
User avatar
Colonel jetsetwilly
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:31 am
Location: United Kingdom
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (12) General Contribution (2)

Re: How many players use clans?

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:48 am

Armandolas wrote:I know many players like to play together with different/outside own clan players.Ive recently made a challenge in callouts with 8 players that decided to join.We played alot of quads together and against and for me it was a delightfull experience and i think (hopefully) everyone enjoyed. I met a bit better some great players and games were really fun.

I guess some just dont bother the risk of playing in the team of that guy who does not even read chat and plays carelessly just because he writes "im in " in every tournament thread, without even looking at the tourney itself. I can include myself in this list, not because i think im good but just because it ruins my gameplay experience.
So people sometimes join teamtournaments with member of their own clan, of whom they rely, but then it becomes a bit boring because those are the guys that you play together in clanevents every week.

The question is not who has nice ideias to provide a great team tournament experience but from that people , who has time to do that?... because it requires a lot of commitement.

Cheers

I was one of those players and that was a hell of a lot of fun. I got to play with people that I otherwise never would have teamed with. I would love to do something like that again at some point.
User avatar
Captain Shannon Apple
 
Posts: 723
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:40 pm
Location: Ireland
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (3) Training Achievement (1)
General Contribution (1)

Previous

Return to Clan Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login