Conquer Club

[LHC] Lx HandiCup I - [1.- Man D | 2.- ID | 3.- LOTZ]

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [LHC] Lx HandiCup I - [Round 2 starting] Updated July 29

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:46 am

Keefie wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Nobody forced you to enter..

f*ck off Caff.

Find another thread to troll.

Not trolling, stating a fact. I would've said that to whoever posted.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Keefie on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:15 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Keefie wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Nobody forced you to enter..

f*ck off Caff.

Find another thread to troll.

Not trolling, stating a fact. I would've said that to whoever posted.

You're not in this competition, so I regard your comments as baiting/trolling.

FYI, we entered this competition ages ago, unfortunately no schedule and start dates were set up front. We are now being asked to start in what is probably the worst week or two of the year for our clan regarding holidays.

ps: This is my final answer.
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Lindax on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:22 am

Keefie wrote:FYI, we entered this competition ages ago, unfortunately no schedule and start dates were set up front. We are now being asked to start in what is probably the worst week or two of the year for our clan regarding holidays.

ps: This is my final answer.

That is incorrect. Start dates and duration were posted throughout the sign-up period and still are in the OP:

Scheduled Start Date: Between May 15 and 30, 2013. Estimated Duration: 4 or 5 Months, playing one round per month.

And you already started, you had a bye in round 1, now we start round 2. :D

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Keefie on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:47 am

My apologies Lindax, there was a schedule of sorts. Shame we appear to be running 4/6 weeks later than was originally thought.
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Lindax on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:00 pm

Keefie wrote:My apologies Lindax, there was a schedule of sorts. Shame we appear to be running 4/6 weeks later than was originally thought.

Indeed. That was mainly to round 1 taking longer than expected and partly because of some clans not sending their home games to me in a timely manner. And when they did I had to move house....

I'll try keep a tighter schedule from now on. :D

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: [LHC] Lx HandiCup I - [Update]

Postby Lindax on Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:03 pm

Lindax wrote:-
The games for round 2 have been sent. You all have 4 days to fill the games.

Please let me know if there is a problem with joining the games.

Lx

1 More day to fill the games guys.

Lx

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby ViperOverLord on Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:25 pm

MD will need an extension for filling games. There were ambiguities and/or omissions in the description on filling games and we are still trying to sort through that.

Also on a perhaps not as pivotal note, there was a delay in telling us whether this tournament counts in the F400 rankings and that factors into our line-up card.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby kmhebert on Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Just a quick nag here, why aren't these games set up so I can send player invites? Sending PM's is 3 times the work for me, and, I can't see who I asked to join what because it's not connected to the reserved games. So I have to refer back to my Outbox? Just seems weird, I don't know that I've seen a tournament run that way. Would prefer to do invites for next round. Thanks.
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby ViperOverLord on Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:49 pm

kmhebert wrote:Just a quick nag here, why aren't these games set up so I can send player invites? Sending PM's is 3 times the work for me, and, I can't see who I asked to join what because it's not connected to the reserved games. So I have to refer back to my Outbox? Just seems weird, I don't know that I've seen a tournament run that way. Would prefer to do invites for next round. Thanks.

That goes along the lines of what I was saying (See link)!

viewtopic.php?f=438&t=174424&start=930#p4246234

I understood that Lindax would be creating the games. But, nowhere did it state that clan reps would not have privileges as is the case with all other clan competitions. I would not have agreed to being in this tournament had I known that that standard practice would not be followed.

I don't blame Lindax for not knowing that as he is not a regular on the clan scene. But, it needs to be understood now, that this omission has thrown a cog into the machinery and is interfering with the clan's processes and is now resulting in delays (and potentially player omissions) in filling games that we had no way of accounting for before.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby kmhebert on Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:38 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:
That goes along the lines of what I was saying (See link)!

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p4246234

HA thanks ViperOverLord, looks like I passed over page 63 of that no doubt interesting thread! :D :D :D :D :D

ViperOverLord wrote:I understood that Lindax would be creating the games. But, nowhere did it state that clan reps would not have privileges as is the case with all other clan competitions. I would not have agreed to being in this tournament had I known that that standard practice would not be followed.

I don't blame Lindax for not knowing that as he is not a regular on the clan scene. But, it needs to be understood now, that this omission has thrown a cog into the machinery and is interfering with the clan's processes and is now resulting in delays (and potentially player omissions) in filling games that we had no way of accounting for before.

I agree, and no offense at all to Lindax, I know tournaments are hard to run regardless. Heh this just makes it a bit harder on us long suffering clan leaders. Seriously though I hope it's easy enough to take care of for Round 3.
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby ViperOverLord on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:39 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:MD will need an extension for filling games. There were ambiguities and/or omissions in the description on filling games and we are still trying to sort through that.

Also on a perhaps not as pivotal note, there was a delay in telling us whether this tournament counts in the F400 rankings and that factors into our line-up card.

Edited: Filling games.
Last edited by ViperOverLord on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby ViperOverLord on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:53 pm

Sorry Lindax, but the clock is ticking and you're not online to work this out with me, so I sent the following complaint to the CD's:

Lindax is strictly enforcing forfeits for not joining his competition's games. Yet, we were fully unaware that clan reps would not have privileges. Nor, does his description state that the standard practice of having privileges would not be done. Now, as I try to sort this out, I find myself facing an imminent forfeit for not being prepared to distribute games in a manner (PMs and/or forum instead of direct invites) that was not stated outright.

I will create all games and send a PM to the clan contacts with the game numbers and password(s). From that moment on, clans have 96 hours, or 4 full days, to join the games. If a game has not been filled by then, it will be forfeited. If one clan has filled all player spots and the other clan hasnā€™t, it will be counted as a win for the clan that filled the player spots. If neither clan has filled all spots it will be disregarded. No mercy, no breaks, no excuses, this is a rule I will not deviate from.

And now I'm hearing from other clan leaders that this was already an issue in the prior round and that you made no effort to correct this glaring omission, nor did you inform the other clan leaders in advance that this was the case. So, I was basically presented with a 96 hour ticking time bomb.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby ViperOverLord on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:57 pm

From a pm:

ViperOverLord wrote:
ID Hidden wrote:We already had a round 1 matchup. We all complained but no use. Lindax won't change his mind, he is quite stubborn.

He should've listened to the other clan leaders and applied for the privileges. This makes me mad that he knew about this problem last round and decided that doing things his trivial way was more important than not alleviating everyone's burden.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby chemefreak on Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:05 pm

This is a private tournament and everything was properly disclosed at the time of sign-ups. The CDs will not be interfering here. If you do not like something, please feel free to contact the TO. Thanks.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃ Š² руŠŗŠ¾ŃŃ‚ŠŗŠ°Ń…
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby ViperOverLord on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:16 am

chemefreak wrote:This is a private tournament and everything was properly disclosed at the time of sign-ups. The CDs will not be interfering here. If you do not like something, please feel free to contact the TO. Thanks.

There is a precedent for privileges going to all clan contacts unless otherwise stated. But that's fine. If you want to ignore that reality then I suppose that's in your purview to do so.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby kmhebert on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:17 am

The problem as I see it is, this is going to be a tournament where skill is less important than following an obscure and unique joining scheme. I think we will fill them but it just seems annoying and unnecessary. Heh PLUS, not to put too fine a point on it, but it's a huge pain in the ass.
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby ViperOverLord on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:33 am

kmhebert wrote:The problem as I see it is, this is going to be a tournament where skill is less important than following an obscure and unique joining scheme. I think we will fill them but it just seems annoying and unnecessary. Heh PLUS, not to put too fine a point on it, but it's a huge pain in the ass.

Well, Lindax wasn't online while I was trying to resolve these matters and I am certainly jaded about some matters. But, just moving forward from this point so that people can just have fun.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby Lindax on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:25 am

chemefreak wrote:This is a private tournament and everything was properly disclosed at the time of sign-ups. The CDs will not be interfering here. If you do not like something, please feel free to contact the TO. Thanks.

This. Besides, before I started this I had discussions with various clan leaders and they all agreed that it was ok to do things the way I intended.

All the info on the games and settings is on page one in the 5th post, ROUND INFO & RESULTS: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p4132719

Honestly, how hard can it be to post the info on your clan forum, figure out who plays which game(s) and ask them to join? When I was in clans and managing clan wars, that's how we did it and it worked. In my normal tournaments I never use the invite feature, unless somebody needs a reminder to join. That's one reason I set the joining time at 4 full days, I mean how much time does one need to join a game? On top of that, all the set games and settings for each round were posted long ago. A bit of pro-activity by the clan contacts, and you could already have sorted who plays what for all the rounds in advance (except for the home and away games).

I sincerely hope that next time people actually read the info about the tournament before signing up and not assume things and complain after.

Half of the clans had their games filled on the second day, btw. ;)

As for the F400 issue, that has nothing to do with me as the organizer.

Anyway, to move on: I'll extend the limit to join another 2 days as a goodwill gesture. And I will see about the privileges for clan contacts for the next rounds if that's what y'all want.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby IcePack on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:50 am

Lindax wrote:As for the F400 issue, that has nothing to do with me as the organizer.

Lx[/color][/b]

Actually, with events I've started requiring organizers to provide match up details and last game / completion dates for each one if they want their event included. So, before looking into all the ity bity details of the event its important to know whether or not you'd be willing to take on that task like benga and qwert have for their events.

No = Not included in F400
Yes = Look into further (but from what I've looked at so far, I dont think it'll fit criteria).

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Lindax on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:02 am

IcePack wrote:
Lindax wrote:As for the F400 issue, that has nothing to do with me as the organizer.

Lx[/color][/b]

Actually, with events I've started requiring organizers to provide match up details and last game / completion dates for each one if they want their event included. So, before looking into all the ity bity details of the event its important to know whether or not you'd be willing to take on that task like benga and qwert have for their events.

Yes = Look into further (but from what I've looked at so far, I dont think it'll fit criteria).

IcePack

I can't say if every match-up will have 12 team games or not (I believe that's a criterion?).

Why don't you let me know if the tournament fits the criteria, then I will see if I'm willing to do the tracking. I don't think that'll be a problem since I'm already posting the match-up details on page 1 of the tournament thread.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby IcePack on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:43 am

Lindax wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Lx[/color][/b]

IcePack

I can't say if every match-up will have 12 team games or not (I believe that's a criterion?).

Why don't you let me know if the tournament fits the criteria, then I will see if I'm willing to do the tracking. I don't think that'll be a problem since I'm already posting the match-up details on page 1 of the tournament thread.

Lx

You'd need to add what the final completed game was for each match up.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby kmhebert on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:46 am

Lindax wrote:
Anyway, to move on: I'll extend the limit to join another 2 days as a goodwill gesture. And I will see about the privileges for clan contacts for the next rounds if that's what y'all want.

Lx

Greatly appreciated on both, thanks Lindax.
Last edited by kmhebert on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant kmhebert

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges