Conquer Club

The Wire Mafia Day 6 [4/13]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Wire Mafia Day 6 [4/13]

Postby StubbsKVM on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:25 pm

Slip?

I watched the people getting killed on night 3 and 4, without getting results, remember??

If sniper really was a lie detector, don't you think he would have used it on night 1 to check your claim? You don't just believe stuff like that. Think about it.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby new guy1 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:53 am

StubbsKVM wrote:Slip?

I watched the people getting killed on night 3 and 4, without getting results, remember??

If sniper really was a lie detector, don't you think he would have used it on night 1 to check your claim? You don't just believe stuff like that. Think about it.

The context in which you used the word nightkill would make no sense in the way you just excused yourself with. You watched the people getting killed? Good luck with that. I find it convenient you got no result for 3 of 5 of your actions. Just looks like to me you didnt want to be found out and avoided coming up with valid visitors. Ill again, wait for more input.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby StubbsKVM on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:43 am

Do you really expect me to watch the right person who was killed twice, get no result twice, and claim it like that if I knew there was a Ninja??

I watched the person who was nightkilled on night 3 and night 4. And got no result. How is that convenient? And how does that not make sense in this context?

Think about this New Guy. Go back over my posts. Please look at the facts.

I'm very much hoping DJ can clear me, because losing at this point would really suck.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby skillfusniper33 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:36 am

StubbsKVM wrote:Do you really expect me to watch the right person who was killed twice, get no result twice, and claim it like that if I knew there was a Ninja??

I watched the person who was nightkilled on night 3 and night 4. And got no result. How is that convenient? And how does that not make sense in this context?

Think about this New Guy. Go back over my posts. Please look at the facts.

I'm very much hoping DJ can clear me, because losing at this point would really suck.

You would have drawn more attention to yourself if you had results, and then the ninja appeared in the game. It would have been a dead giveaway you were mafia then. You knew what was going on, and how to set up yourself the entire time.
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby StubbsKVM on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:35 am

I didn't even know what a Ninja was. I had to look it up to see what its powers were.

DJ, where are you??
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby Djfireside on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:38 am

I will post my write up on things in a hour or so when I get to work. I was hoping in the day I was gone that I would have gotten the majority of the info I got
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby Djfireside on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:30 am

So moving on

6. new guy1 -Prez PGO- Nice! PGO Finally at least I think if Im wrong then whatever we lose :)

5. skillfusniper33 - A.S.A Rhonda Pearlman - 1-Shot Lie Detector

12. stubbsKVM - Kima Greggs Watcher

My inital thought doesnt seem to be playing well with me now. Overall I think that Sniper is mafia based on the role and since a Ninja popped up a watcher would be a affulent role to follow. Since under most circumstances whenever there is a ninja there is a watcher but mafia would have known this as well and could have run it as a FC. This gets clouded by some of the other roles that we had, wire tap, informant, tracker but in the end I could see a watcher as well and was all set on this but one of the things holding me back was the votes from last day. Sniper could have easily sealed NG's fate instead of waiting on me putting the game to 3v2 and while I tend to believe their Role less, I am torn once again as to which one it is.
Private Djfireside

Postby StubbsKVM on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:33 pm

This is the most frustrating game ever. I finally thought I had a good role. Ended up with no results because of the ninja and now people aren't even believing me. If only lynx was the GF, this would have been easy.

Dj, can I ask about your night action?

The only reason Why he didn't Hammer new Guy, is because if he had, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

For me this is easy, I can only hope you both come to the same conclusion.
Again, go back over my play since day 3, where I wanted to claim because I was so confused as to why I did not get a result. Do you really think I'm capable of planning this whole thing so many days ahead?

vote sniper
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby skillfusniper33 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:07 pm

Djfireside wrote:My inital thought doesnt seem to be playing well with me now. Overall I think that Sniper is mafia based on the role and since a Ninja popped up a watcher would be a affulent role to follow. Since under most circumstances whenever there is a ninja there is a watcher but mafia would have known this as well and could have run it as a FC. This gets clouded by some of the other roles that we had, wire tap, informant, tracker but in the end I could see a watcher as well and was all set on this but one of the things holding me back was the votes from last day. Sniper could have easily sealed NG's fate instead of waiting on me putting the game to 3v2 and while I tend to believe their Role less, I am torn once again as to which one it is.

Yes I could have easily sealed 2 fates over the past 2 days. Ghostly's on Day 4 and NG on Day 5. I have believed there was a PGO most of this game, unlike several people. I also had a decent feeling that lynx was mafia, as mentioned in the previous day. Why would I change when I had a feeling we nailed Mafia.

And Stubbs you have been aligning yourself with most of Lynx's votes all game long. Also the way lynx played the game it wouldn't be surprising to me if he helped you come up with that claim over a couple of nighs.
Major skillfusniper33

Postby Djfireside on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:08 pm

I watched ghostly as I told you to watch so we could have had this wrapped up without an issue.

And my result was he died. That was part of the reason why I am a bit off on this. I told you where I was going and had an easy way to clear yourself but you went the opposite way and now are in a standoff because of it. That and spies move still annoys me since it put us to wrong lynch death sentence but gave us some information so cant be too upset

The rules are if there is a ninja there should be a watcher, but we have alot of other watching powers and if the ninja didnt pop I would have prob been all over you already. I am trying to determine what I think about you, Im going to re-read those days and see why you would have targetted the two people in a row who died and see what it turns up unless NG goes hammering away for the fun of it so I better move quickly :)

FP Sniper
Private Djfireside

Postby StubbsKVM on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:20 pm

I actually considered new Guy as a possible partner for lynx.
Lynx has been all over him since day 1. Distancing?

So I thought sniper would be a valid target for the nk, considering I thought he was going to check his claim.

That's all I can say. I didn't follow your directions because I thought this would give me the evidence I needed.

Maybe I should have watched new Guy instead to make this easy.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby new guy1 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:55 pm

StubbsKVM wrote:I actually considered new Guy as a possible partner for lynx.
Lynx has been all over him since day 1. Distancing?

So I thought sniper would be a valid target for the nk, considering I thought he was going to check his claim.

That's all I can say. I didn't follow your directions because I thought this would give me the evidence I needed.

Maybe I should have watched new Guy instead to make this easy.

Vote stubbs You're all over the place and now that my role is confirmed, you're suspecting me? I started the case on lynx. Why would I START a case on him when I didnt need to? Even if you arent mafia, and someone comes in and speed lynches, I consider you either mafia, or bad at playing town, because you wouldnt be so erratic in your voting if you had a solid case on someone.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby StubbsKVM on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:29 pm

You read that Wrong. That was my Logic going into the night.
Of course I know you're confirmed now.

I was explaining why I did not watch ghostly.

New Guy, read back, as Dj is doing.

And if I am as bad as you say, do you think I'm able to set this up since day 3?
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby new guy1 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:59 pm

StubbsKVM wrote:You read that Wrong. That was my Logic going into the night.
Of course I know you're confirmed now.

I was explaining why I did not watch ghostly.

New Guy, read back, as Dj is doing.

And if I am as bad as you say, do you think I'm able to set this up since day 3?

Unvote at least long enough for me to get the time to read back. Also, I didnt say you were bad, I said you were playing bad as a townie.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby new guy1 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:06 pm

Just to update, I have not gotten too much time to read back, but I still plan to.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Djfireside on Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:55 pm

Im unfortunately with you on this one. Work has been destroying me but will make time
Private Djfireside

Postby skillfusniper33 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:05 am

I grant thee free time for DJ and NG. That being said I will be away this weekend, so don't expect anything from me Friday through Sunday.
Major skillfusniper33

Postby new guy1 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:49 pm

Okay, I still have not gotten time. Im just going to read everything that Stubbs posted and if I have questions about context, I will revert to looking through for the context.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby StubbsKVM on Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:31 am

or feel free to ask.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby new guy1 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:41 pm

Alright. I had time to read around half of the posts, and half your posts were enough for me to conclude that I have no idea who mafia could be at this point :lol:. The main posts will be below with my explanations:

StubbsKVM wrote:
lynx_ wrote:Vote: kgb007

For real this time.

any specific reason?

Here, you did at least question lynx on his reasonless vote, and because he did flip scum, I dont think a scum mate would call his other scummy out without someone taking the first step.

StubbsKVM wrote:Would anyone agree that there is probably a Mafia Rolecop?

Jonty pretty much cleared me yesterday, but they still decided to kill Saf, the busdriver, instead of me.

I honestly didn't think I would be around today.

Here is where its hairy. With no provocation, you posted mafia rolecop of all things? Lynx had a fellow post later in the game mentioning a mafia ninja, which was a dead give away that he knew something was up, because the only other game I have seen with a ninja in it is Matrix. That is besides the point.

StubbsKVM wrote:Well, I'm going to claim, regardless of any info.

I am Detective Kima Greggs, Town Watcher.

On Night 1, I watched Lynx: No result
On Night 2, I watched Jonty: Safariguy(so I knew he was busdriver then)
On Night 3, I watched Safariguy: No Result
On Night 4, I watched Jonty: No Result

I watched the right target 2 nights in a row, but got no result twice. Considering the Mafia Roleblocker is dead, I have no idea what to think of that. At first I thought they mave have a JOAT who roleblocked me, but twice in a row is too much.
1. I think it's pretty weird they knew Safariguy was Busdriver. Or was this a lucky shot?
2. I thought of a town roleblocker who could block me, but that wouldn't make sense, considering Jonty has pretty much cleared me.

Vote Ghostly

Back to this.

If you still don't believe my claim, check the scene from night 2. It clearly mentions someone watching Jonty as he is busdriven by Safariguy.

Any idea why I didn't get results 2 nights in a row?

Here we go again though, because you targeted lynx night 1, got no result which definitely fits, and then investigated the busdriver. I feel like if you were mafia, and knew he was a busdriver, he would have ended up dead the next night, which you would know if you were a rolecop. But then you turned around and voted ghostly, who we now know is town. Why would you vote him of all people?

StubbsKVM wrote:I will agree that my results are odd. That's why I was jumpy on Day 3. I wanted to ask what it could mean, but I couldn't claim because I wanted to watch Jonty.

I think Ghostly's claim is fake. He also made a typo on "Leander". Not that it means a lot, but we also saw this with Betiko.

I've googled for the other characters, and they seem to be much more important than his.

His vague actions and his "I'm not going to claim unless you want me to", add to my suspicions about him.

The only thing I care about here is that you were jumpy day 3 and then did bring it back up, which makes me feel you either marked it down to bring it back up, or more likely to me, actually remember feeling jumpy because it was just that memorable and so you were able to recall it by memory. Thats as far as I got, but at this point I am back to square one. Unfortunately, I am the only person who has no information besides mafia, who is faking their actions.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby StubbsKVM on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:48 pm

My reason for the rolecop: I had the feeling they knew Saf was the busdriver. So I could only think of a rolecop to explain this. I still wonder how they knew. Maybe they just got lucky?

Watching Saf: I watched him because I knew Jonty would never die if he was around. So I was going to keep watching him until he died, so I could nail mafia. When he died, and I got no result, I was so frustrated I wanted to claim, just to clear it up. I even asked if it would be a good idea to claim at one point, and after some advice, I decided not to.

My reason for voting ghostly, because we were close to lynching him the day before, and he was still on top of my scum list.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby new guy1 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:13 pm

StubbsKVM wrote:My reason for the rolecop: I had the feeling they knew Saf was the busdriver. So I could only think of a rolecop to explain this. I still wonder how they knew. Maybe they just got lucky?

Watching Saf: I watched him because I knew Jonty would never die if he was around. So I was going to keep watching him until he died, so I could nail mafia. When he died, and I got no result, I was so frustrated I wanted to claim, just to clear it up. I even asked if it would be a good idea to claim at one point, and after some advice, I decided not to.

My reason for voting ghostly, because we were close to lynching him the day before, and he was still on top of my scum list.

Clears it all up. Still puts me at the point that I dont know who is scum :/
Sergeant new guy1

Postby StubbsKVM on Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:15 pm

Don't you find it the least suspicious that sniper bought your claim all this time when he had the ability to check it night 1?

And that he now conveniently used it on me, after doubting DJ yesterday?
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby new guy1 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:26 pm

StubbsKVM wrote:Don't you find it the least suspicious that sniper bought your claim all this time when he had the ability to check it night 1?

If sniper trusts what I claimed, then why would he look into me? Especially when doing so could get himself killed, since I dont remember the mod ever saying yes or no to the "does he get killed if he uses his action on me". I think he was intelligent to wait until the last day to use his action because it does allow him to narrow the pool down. However, if it is a fake claim, then he has outsmarted me. The idea that he doubted DJ yesterday and now used it on you just tells me he decided last minute sending his action in that he thought you were scummier. Im at a stalemate.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby StubbsKVM on Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:34 pm

new guy1 wrote:
StubbsKVM wrote:Don't you find it the least suspicious that sniper bought your claim all this time when he had the ability to check it night 1?

If sniper trusts what I claimed, then why would he look into me? Especially when doing so could get himself killed, since I dont remember the mod ever saying yes or no to the "does he get killed if he uses his action on me". I think he was intelligent to wait until the last day to use his action because it does allow him to narrow the pool down. However, if it is a fake claim, then he has outsmarted me. The idea that he doubted DJ yesterday and now used it on you just tells me he decided last minute sending his action in that he thought you were scummier. Im at a stalemate.

Sniper said he didn't visit the target he used his power on.
No visit= no death?

If Sniper had used his power night 1, you would have been confirmed town throughout the entire game, and spiesr wouldn't have died proving it. It was worth checking, whether he believed it or not.
Corporal StubbsKVM

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives