Conquer Club

US Military Action in Libya?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: US Military Action in Syria?

Postby GreecePwns on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:55 pm

Islamic fundamentalists have exploited each and every one of these opportunities. Even the Egyptian democracy ended up being ruled by Islamists.

Only Tunisia has managed to get a non-radical Islamist government (the leading party calls itself "moderate Islamist," I assume that simply means social conservatism). No surprise that they were the originators of the Arab Spring protest and likely the only one not corrupted by outside/nonpopular forces.

I don't know enough about the FSA, though I wouldn't be surprised if it were more of the same US backed Islamic fundamentalsts or anti-American Islamic fundamentalists.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:33 pm

But wait, what's this? A meeting of opposition parties in Damascus has called for the removal of President Assad.

http://rt.com/news/syria-opposition-con ... eting-788/

If Syria is an overbearing dictatorship, how on Earth could opposition parties hold a two-day conference in a nice hotel in the capital city to discuss relieving Assad from power? In the western narrative, cartoonish squads of secret police and troops should have descended on that place. (The "Free Syrian Army" terrorists boycotted the meeting, BTW.)

The western narrative (there is only evil dictator Assad and the armed FSA opposing him!) has holes.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:09 pm

That's just Russian, Chinese, anti-US Middle Eastern propaganda.

Okay, serious time.

20 years from now, Chinese and Russian influence (and I guess Indian) has significantly increased on the geopolitical scale.

So, instead of hosting mere discussion forums, they may actually start intervening--in similar ways to US/NATO interventions, mass bombing campaigns, outright invasions (less likely), etc. We'll be living in a world where others than the US become more influential in smaller countries' sovereignty.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:10 pm

Or how about this:

With the production of natural gas rapdily increasing, US imports on petroleum would decrease significantly, thus freeing up more petroleum for other countries. With a lesser demand for foreign oil, would other countries (China, India) engage in similar means to previous/ongoing US foreign policy in securing petroleum from Middle Eastern nations?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Re: US Military Action in Libya?

Postby Qwert on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:04 am

When i look on Wikipedia pages
Syrian Civil War
i notice that US and Al-Qaida are on same side- support FSA,, are this some mistake,i though that US fight against Al-Qaida?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:51 pm

well, the FSA of course are not Al-Qaeda because they say so.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:30 pm

qwert wrote:When i look on Wikipedia pages
Syrian Civil War
i notice that US and Al-Qaida are on same side- support FSA,, are this some mistake,i though that US fight against Al-Qaida?

3 words....

Barack Hussein Obama
Major Phatscotty

Postby GreecePwns on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:58 pm

Romney soooo wouldn't do the same exact thing. Nope.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:05 pm

GreecePwns wrote:Romney soooo wouldn't do the same exact thing. Nope.

...and just like that, Obama shakes responsibility for his blunders?

SHAZAM!
Major Phatscotty

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:30 pm

Phatscotty wrote:

SHAZAM!

I think GP was noting that you only have the luxury of criticizing Obama's policy if you can confirm you're not supporting his policy executed through a different conduit.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:38 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

SHAZAM!

I think GP was noting that you only have the luxury of criticizing Obama's policy if you can confirm you're not supporting his policy executed through a different conduit.

I think it was an ad hominem
Major Phatscotty

Postby GreecePwns on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:24 pm

Yup. You were mentioned in that post. It was a personal attack on you. Sure.

Also, why the sudden inclusion of Hussein every time you mention his name and Arab conflicts lately? Is this an attempt to tie the President to Islamic fundamentalism? Well, you've already tied him to Marxism, so doing the same with Islamic fundamentalism would be contradictory.

As if you know what either of those terms mean. <--- that's not an ad hominem, since you've displayed on this forum in the past that you truly don't know the meaning of either term.

Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Qwert on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:45 am

so 1 year of Libya liberation, and democratization.
how things going in this country after US bring all good things, and when people are finally free, are become more prosperous and wealthy ? Or things become much more worst and country become totally poor and unsecured ?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:53 pm

qwert wrote:so 1 year of Libya liberation, and democratization.
how things going in this country after US bring all good things, and when people are finally free, are become more prosperous and wealthy ? Or things become much more worst and country become totally poor and unsecured ?

Actually, as far as monthly deaths are concerned, the situation in Libya seems more stable than Iraq and Afghanistan---which were being occupied by a huge military force.

This may be yet another example of the failures of central planning--even in the most basic function: security. For Afghanistan and Iraq, imposed order seems to largely be inducing the violence as oppose to mitigating it.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:15 pm

Commander-in-Chief FAIL

This is where inexperience and naivety have cost us dearly

Major Phatscotty

Postby Baron Von PWN on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:35 am

Phatscotty wrote:Commander-in-Chief FAIL

]

What dear costs are you refering to?
Sergeant 1st Class Baron Von PWN

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:05 pm

Baron Von PWN wrote:

]

The first ambassador killed on duty in over 30 years, along with other brave Americans Obama left behind to have their corpses dragged through the streets
Major Phatscotty

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:52 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Baron Von PWN wrote:

]

The first ambassador killed on duty in over 30 years, along with other brave Americans Obama left behind to have their corpses dragged through the streets

There's no simple way to put this:

You're an _____.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:46 am

Some of this topic seems to about Syria, since the second to last page has that as the topic, so I'll just post this here since I couldn't find another long Syria topic.

These images are pretty surreal looking. NY Times Blog:

The extent of the damage brought to mind the words of a United States Army officer who told the Associated Press correspondent Peter Arnett, as they surveyed the ruined Vietnamese city of Ben Tre, pulverized by American bombardment in 1968: “It became necessary to destroy the town to save it.”

Syrian government forces patrolled the Khalidiya neighborhood of Homs on Sunday.

What an Agence France-Presse journalist found in the Homs neighborhood of Khalidiya on Tuesday.

An image provided to news organizations by a Syrian opposition news agency, said to show the ruined Khalidiya neighborhood of Homs on Friday, as government forces regained control.

A soldier loyal to President Bashar al-Assad outside the Khalid bin al-Waleed mosque in Homs on Monday.

Ruins around the historic Khalid bin al-Waleed mosque in Homs on Monday.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Qwert on Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:04 am

its make sense,, its same when US drop atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, bout towns are whip out and US won.
So i can not see why this could be horrific and when US annihilate entire towns population are ok.
If US use tactic of total annihilation,, so why can Syrian Legal Government troops can not use same tactic to bring Order again?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby oVo on Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:03 am

Qwert wrote:its make sense,, its same when US drop atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, bout towns are whip out and US won.
So i can not see why this could be horrific and when US annihilate entire towns population are ok.
If US use tactic of total annihilation,, so why can Syrian Legal Government troops can not use same tactic to bring Order again?

No, it isn't the same at all. The bombs dropped on Japan, the German's conquering Europe and the bombing of London and other events of World War II are a totally different situation. The physical destruction of cities in Syria is the direct result of a heavy handed government shelling and bombing it's own citizens.
Major oVo

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:43 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Some of this topic seems to about Syria, since the second to last page has that as the topic, so I'll just post this here since I couldn't find another long Syria topic.

These images are pretty surreal looking. NY Times Blog:

The extent of the damage brought to mind the words of a United States Army officer who told the Associated Press correspondent Peter Arnett, as they surveyed the ruined Vietnamese city of Ben Tre, pulverized by American bombardment in 1968: “It became necessary to destroy the town to save it.”

Syrian government forces patrolled the Khalidiya neighborhood of Homs on Sunday.

What an Agence France-Presse journalist found in the Homs neighborhood of Khalidiya on Tuesday.

An image provided to news organizations by a Syrian opposition news agency, said to show the ruined Khalidiya neighborhood of Homs on Friday, as government forces regained control.

A soldier loyal to President Bashar al-Assad outside the Khalid bin al-Waleed mosque in Homs on Monday.

Ruins around the historic Khalid bin al-Waleed mosque in Homs on Monday.

--Andy

Oh, Andy, but you're looking at the glass half empty, my friend! With such destruction, we'd need CONSTRUCTION. This will boost GDP, and then Syria will be banging!!!

Never mind about using resources to rebuild formerly functional buildings. Don't be so glum, chum! With war, comes great economic prosperity!
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby patches70 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:53 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Oh, Andy, but you're looking at the glass half empty, my friend! With such destruction, we'd need CONSTRUCTION. This will boost GDP, and then Syria will be banging!!!

Never mind about using resources to rebuild formerly functional buildings. Don't be so glum, chum! With war, comes great economic prosperity!

Syria is going to have through the roof growth in no time at all! Keynesian economics at it's best!
Private patches70

Postby GreecePwns on Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:59 am

Once aliens invade we will be experience global economic miracles.

Corporal GreecePwns

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,