Conquer Club

Programming Link to invite players after creating a game

Discuss developing tools and get details on Conquer Club's API.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Programming Link to invite players after creating a game

Postby DaveH on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:07 pm

When you create a game you get a message saying "Success.....Created game etc" followed by the game number.

If the game number were linked so that if you click on it you could go directly to that game, you could then simply invite the players directly rather than go through the process of copying the game number and then performing a find. The above programming change will therefore be an improvement in certain conditions where you are creating individual games.

Usually, as a TO, multiple games are created and then they are all found collectively to enter the players or write a pm to send joining instructions. However there are tournaments such as two of mine Conquer Club Poker Tournament and Noughts and Crosses where games are created individually and players then need to be invited. The above would greatly simplify the process.

Also, when players mis-join and you have to create a replacement game, it would also be an improvement.

(I have also posted this on the Available Tools/Enhancement forum as I was uncertain where it should go)
Corporal DaveH

Re: Programming Link to invite players after creating a game

Postby greenoaks on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:30 pm

great idea. the game number should be a hyperlink.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby blakebowling on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:08 pm

While an addon could do this, it would be simpler to just integrate this to the site. If that's what you're looking for, you should post a thread in Suggestions.
Private blakebowling

Postby greenoaks on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:47 pm

blakebowling wrote:While an addon could do this, it would be simpler to just integrate this to the site. If that's what you're looking for, you should post a thread in Suggestions.

it was in Suggs, now it is in Tools. i don't know why.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby DaveH on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:35 am

It was in Tools suggestions and Bugs and was suggested that it was moved, so I copied it to Tools Development and Available Tools and Enhancements. I had a message that as it was duplicated, one was moved to Archives. I understand it should be an easy programming change rather than an Add-On or Tool but don's know what forum that belongs in.

Perhaps another suggestion should be to make the forums a bit easier for members to navigate?
Corporal DaveH

Postby blakebowling on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:35 am

DaveH wrote:It was in Tools suggestions and Bugs and was suggested that it was moved, so I copied it to Tools Development and Available Tools and Enhancements. I had a message that as it was duplicated, one was moved to Archives. I understand it should be an easy programming change rather than an Add-On or Tool but don's know what forum that belongs in.

Perhaps another suggestion should be to make the forums a bit easier for members to navigate?

viewforum.php?f=4 is the forum for Suggestions for the site.
Private blakebowling

Postby greenoaks on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:59 am

blakebowling wrote:
DaveH wrote:It was in Tools suggestions and Bugs and was suggested that it was moved, so I copied it to Tools Development and Available Tools and Enhancements. I had a message that as it was duplicated, one was moved to Archives. I understand it should be an easy programming change rather than an Add-On or Tool but don's know what forum that belongs in.

viewforum.php?f=4 is the forum for Suggestions for the site.

hey Blake, can you move this to Suggs. [-o<
Sergeant greenoaks

Return to Tools Development