Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 101 18-08-13] Announcements Galore

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 101 18-08-13] Announcements Galore

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:38 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 101st edition of the Dispatch :)

A big welcome to mcshanester29 who has joined the newsletter staff in the War Games department! A special hello to trinicardinal, who has gifted us with a guest article in the Platoon Report!

I hope that you are noticing the many changes we have been making in the Dispatch over the last few months, as we make it a more useful and comprehensive resource. More is yet to come. Starting with this issue, it is our resolution to include coverage of all recent announcements in the Late-breaking News section. As if luck was on our side, this new resolution has been accompanied by a large number of announcements to cover. It's been an eventful two weeks on CC!

Here's what we have on tap for you:

In the Mess Hall you will find the "this and that" which doesn't have a section of its own. StubbsKVM presents the final installment of his play-by-play account of an SoC training game. Safariguy5 presents another installment of the Scum Insider.

The Platoon Report covers all aspects of the Clan scene.

War Games is all the news from the Tournament world.

Cartographic Surveillance is our regular look at the Foundry.

Our Next Mission Brief will tell you who is the interrogation target for next issue, and information on how to subscribe or how to sign up to join the newsletter staff.

Dukasaur - Chief Executive

And finally some late-breaking news:

Late-breaking News and Announcements
show

Editor's review: I like to prowl the archives sometimes, and I find some really good articles that I feel deserve to be read again. Here is one such article, written two years ago when koontz1973 first became a Dispatch reporter:
Neutrals, Why! by koontz1973 (First published in Issue 53, 22-08-2011)
show

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)
Click here for Recruitment Details...
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Mess Hall

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Welcome back Freestyle readers. Stubbs has a continuation of his SoC game and I've got a Scum Insider.

You Stay Classy, CC.

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

SoC: Following a Student by StubbsKVM
show: turn 7

show: turn 8

show: turn 9

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show
Captain safariguy5

Platoon Report

Postby Swifte on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:28 pm

Welcome soldiers to another fine edition of the Platoon Report! The biggest clan events of the year just keep on rolling -- it's hard to believe the last phase of Clan League 5 is over halfway done. Fortunately for you, our reporters once again have great summaries of all you need to know. IcePack kicks off this edition with a look at the finished, ongoing, and some wars that have not yet come to pass in Conquer Cup 4. Our Clan League 5 reporter, Qwert, brings you the latest standings, a look at player transfer counts by clan, and an updated look at the MVP candidates from each league. Last but certainly no least, we have a special freelance report from trinicardinal, who takes a look at the ongoing battles in the 3rd Clan 1v1 Challenge.

Don't forget to let your CDF representatives know what questions you have for the F400 FAQ that IcePack is working on adding to the thread!

Happy warring, everyone!

Swifte
Clan Executive

CC4 Update by IcePack
show

CL5 Update by Qwert
show

3rd 1v1 Challenge Update by trinicardinal
show
Colonel Swifte

War Games

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:52 am

Hello friends, and welcome to your favourite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments, and other stuff in the Tournament scene!

In this issue, mcshanester29 makes his grand entry into the Tournament Team of the CC Dispatch! He's definitely no stranger to the tournament scene, having the fourth most number of tournaments under his belt among all Tournament Organisers - 220 completed tournaments, and 23 ongoing ones. With so much experience in tournaments, he'll certainly have much to bring to the Tournament Team, especially with his added perspective as a Tournament Directors on the site.

As the nature of his role as a TD and TO involves high volumes of interaction with many of the Tournament Winners, Organisers, and Directors, mcshanester29 will be focusing on bringing us more interviews with these members of the site - including one this week on morleyjoe, and helping out with other feature articles from time to time. It's indeed my pleasure to welcome him aboard!

Meanwhile, DaveH and I continue to deliver our usual goods with the Tournament Tips, TPA Wrap, and Join This? Or Not! sections. Enjoy!

anamainiacks
Tournament Executive

Meet the Tournament Winners: morleyjoe by mcshanester29
show

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show

TPA Wrap by DaveH
show

Join This? Or Not! by anamainiacks
show
Colonel anamainiacks

Cartographic Surveillance

Postby Seamus76 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:20 am

BETA, BETA, and more BETA. What a flurry of activity happening on the BETA front. Eight maps in play, including Spanish Armada, with more to come. Tribal War - Ancient Israel is temporarily Closed, but should be back up shorty. Maps in every stage need feedback, so please take a moment and let the Cartographers know your thoughts.

In this issue we go through the Maps in Development, uncover Hidden Symbols Part Two, and Koontz1973 shines a spotlight on one of cairnswk's next masterpieces.

And now, on with the show.

Seamus76 -- Foundry Executive

Maps in Development by Seamus76
show

Hidden Symbols Part Two by Seamus76
show

Spotlight onThe Race to Promontory Point by koontz1973
show

And as Alex Berger said, "Maps are the foundation on which adventure is built." Enjoy.
ImageImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class Seamus76

Next Mission Brief

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:31 pm

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of General Roy. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with General Roy

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to Dukasaur and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 101 18-08-13] Announcements Galore

Postby ViperOverLord on Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:44 am

I was interviewed for a Meet the TO segment a few weeks back. It didn't make the last newsletter or this one. I guess my answers weren't good enough for them.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby Swifte on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:48 am

ViperOverLord wrote:I was interviewed for a Meet the TO segment a few weeks back. It didn't make the last newsletter or this one. I guess my answers weren't good enough for them.

I checked and your interview has already been marked as complete and ready to print in issue 102.
Colonel Swifte

Postby ViperOverLord on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:33 am

Swifte wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:I was interviewed for a Meet the TO segment a few weeks back. It didn't make the last newsletter or this one. I guess my answers weren't good enough for them.

I checked and your interview has already been marked as complete and ready to print in issue 102.

Ah. I thought maybe I jumped the gun. I just never got a follow-up; so I had figured....Anyhow, I didn't realize there was an elaborate process in place. I just figured it was all scrapped together very quickly.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:23 am

ViperOverLord wrote:
Swifte wrote:

Ah. I thought maybe I jumped the gun. I just never got a follow-up; so I had figured....Anyhow, I didn't realize there was an elaborate process in place. I just figured it was all scrapped together very quickly.

I guess as Tournament Executive I can give you an idea of what happened behind the scenes (:

mcshanester29 only officially joined the team after Issue 100, and he was working on 2 interviews in the short time between his joining and the assembly of our section of the Dispatch. I was on vacation from 14th to 18th August, so I asked my writers to have their articles done by the 13th.

We prefer to proofread our articles before letting them go into publishing, and mcshanester29 still had to do that on top of the formatting for both his interviews, as well as his regular TO and TD duties. In the end we decided to stagger the interviews, and let morleyjoe's run first because it was easier to proofread with the shorter answers.

So yep, don't worry, your answers are great material! I can't wait to have it published (:
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby ViperOverLord on Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:42 pm

Thanks for the insight. Good stuff.
Major ViperOverLord

Return to Newsletter Issues