Conquer Club

What video/computer game are you currently playing?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What video/computer game are you currently playing?

Postby john9blue on Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:09 am

i've been playing pokemmo recently. it's a pokemon MMO based on firered. never really gotten into any previous attempts at a pokemon MMO, but i think the developers for this one really know what they are doing, based on some of their gameplay decisions so far. the best part is that they avoid all copyright infringement, so there is virtually no chance of the game being taken down.

http://pokemmo.eu/
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:56 pm

Now, EA and Origin pretty much stink, but if you want to get a good deal a bunch of their games...Humble Bundle has an offer with maybe a decent title or two, that also work with Steam.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Check out the game below:

Click image to enlarge.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Frigidus on Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:52 am

AndyDufresne wrote:Now, EA and Origin pretty much stink, but if you want to get a good deal a bunch of their games...Humble Bundle has an offer with maybe a decent title or two, that also work with Steam.

Click image to enlarge.

--Andy

Yeah, I heard about this. The nice thing here is that you can choose to just not put any of your donations towards EA, and I'd recommend doing just that if anyone chooses to hit that up.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby john9blue on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:59 pm

Frigidus wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Now, EA and Origin pretty much stink, but if you want to get a good deal a bunch of their games...Humble Bundle has an offer with maybe a decent title or two, that also work with Steam.

Click image to enlarge.

--Andy

Yeah, I heard about this. The nice thing here is that you can choose to just not put any of your donations towards EA, and I'd recommend doing just that if anyone chooses to hit that up.

i had this in mind when i clicked on the bundle... but it turns out that the money actually goes to charity and not EA.

the bundle seems like a move by EA to try and get good PR with core gamers again (and also to promote origin)
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
Captain john9blue

Postby Symmetry on Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:58 pm

You can choose where the money goes with Humble, if I remember correctly.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby john9blue on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:25 pm

Symmetry wrote:You can choose where the money goes with Humble, if I remember correctly.

i mean that the money which normally goes to the developers (in this case, EA) goes instead to charity this time.
Captain john9blue

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:35 am

I like some EA games, but not any of those ones. Lame.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Gillipig on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:56 am

Europa Universalis IV http://www.gamespot.com/europa-universa ... w-6413174/
This is the type of game that can ruin my life. It's similar to Crusader Kings II but it's dealing with a different epoc, the Imperial time. It's even more advanced and encompasses the whole world. Made by Paradox Interactive, the same team that created Crusader Kings II. If you liked that game you'll love this one!
So go check it out Andy ;).
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:14 am

Gillipig wrote:Europa Universalis IV http://www.gamespot.com/europa-universa ... w-6413174/
This is the type of game that can ruin my life. It's similar to Crusader Kings II but it's dealing with a different epoc, the Imperial time. It's even more advanced and encompasses the whole world. Made by Paradox Interactive, the same team that created Crusader Kings II. If you liked that game you'll love this one!

Yeah, I've been watching it. I probably won't pick it up until there is a sale later this year though, since I've still got Bio Shock to play eventually, and I have my eye on the new Civ 5 expansion since it looks pretty sweet too. I'll get it eventually though.

--Andy

Postby Gillipig on Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:27 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Gillipig wrote:Europa Universalis IV http://www.gamespot.com/europa-universa ... w-6413174/

Yeah, I've been watching it. I probably won't pick it up until there is a sale later this year though, since I've still got Bio Shock to play eventually, and I have my eye on the new Civ 5 expansion since it looks pretty sweet too. I'll get it eventually though.

--Andy

I'll take some snapshots of my game and write a bit about the different functions here. I'm going to start a new game as Norway and try to colonize as much of North America as I can. You talked me into trying CK II, perhaps I can talk you into trying EU4 :).
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:00 pm

I am already going to get it! Haha. And I hope there will be a nice x-mas sale on Steam eventually, and I can pick it up on the cheap. But it does look lots and lots of fun.

--Andy

Postby muy_thaiguy on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:24 pm

Been doing a couple of run throughs on Skyrim (360 version, PC can't handle the PC version) and trying out different classes and combinations. On my first main run through, I went Redguard with straight up heavy armor and a big axe. Got to level 44 or so, did the main quest, slaughtered the Stormcloak rebels, played through Dawnguard (vampire hunter), and Dragonborn. Straight up soldier so smithing, heavy armor, 2 handed weapons, and to a lesser extent, archery were all pretty high (obviously lockpicking was too, but I don't think I put any points into it). It was fun, but once you get to a certain point, you're one-shotting most things with you're Dragonbone Axe, at most 2, and trying to do certain quests, the game would freeze up (old major glitch with a Daedric quest). So I deleted it and stated another.

This one was with a Woodelf that specialized as a thief/assassin, mostly with the bow, light armor, smithing, and one handed (with sneak, speech, and lockpicking leveled up some). Did the Companions, Dark Brotherhood, and Thieve's Guild. Started the Blades. Was fun, but wanted to try something else.

And finally, my current playthrough is as a mage/heavy soldier. Fully leveled destruction (even the master spells), enchants up to 100, heavy armor enchanted to the point where even the master destruction spells cost 0 magicka, high attributes in heavy armor, smithing, one handed, and conjuration (I like the summon sword and bow spells), but now I'm just slaughtering everything in my path at level 51, and I haven't even gone into the main storyline (College of Winterhold, Companions, and numerous side quests done with a bunch more partially done).

Thinking about going back and starting an assassin character that uses Summon Weapons (saves smithing and arrows) along with silent cast, with light armor.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:59 pm

What's your difficulty level at?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Lootifer on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:24 pm

Papers, Please was mildly interesting as a cheap and cheerful (lol not so cheerful :P) time waster.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby TheProwler on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:44 pm

On my game machine I'm playing Galactic Civilizations 2.

On this machine (my notebook) I'm playing LImbo.

I'll also play ES4: Oblivion on my gaming machine (got hundreds of mods installed) and COD Modern Warfare 2 (done the campaign, playing the Special Ops stuff) and Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter occasionally.

I've not yet purchased Skyrim. I'm waiting for the Legendary Edition to go on sale at Steam. I expect that I'll enjoy Skyrim more than most people would consider "healthy".

I bought Red Dead Redemption for the PS3 since it is supposed to be awesome and wasn't released on the PC...I'm intending to play it withing the next few months.

If you had no interest in reading about my current video gaming details, sorry to waste your precious time.
El Capitan X wrote:The people in flame wars just seem to get dimmer and dimmer. Seriously though, I love your style, always a good read.
General TheProwler

Postby MeDeFe on Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:19 am

http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/

It's like transport tycoon without transport and with more cookies, so many cookies...
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby GreecePwns on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:14 am

Click image to enlarge.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:13 am

Anyone play the Witcher 2 for PC? I've heard it was a good RPG, and metacritic gives it 88 out of 100. It is on a Steam Sale this weekend for like $5.00.

--Andy

Postby TheProwler on Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:22 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Anyone play the Witcher 2 for PC? I've heard it was a good RPG, and metacritic gives it 88 out of 100. It is on a Steam Sale this weekend for like $5.00.

--Andy

I just bought it in the wee hours this morning.

I haven't played the first Witcher, (I own a Steam copy and plan to play it sometime this year hopefully) but watched about a 30 minute "first impressions" type of YouTube of it...and it looked really good (which is why I bought the first one).

I think that with an average user rating score of 9.1on IGN with over 1000 votes, it is a pretty safe bet that if sounds like the kind of game you like, you'll enjoy it.

IMO, you should play the first one if you haven't. It's only $2.50 right now and since it's a continuing story, I think you'll get more out of the second one if you play the first one...first.
El Capitan X wrote:The people in flame wars just seem to get dimmer and dimmer. Seriously though, I love your style, always a good read.
General TheProwler

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:26 pm

I probably will indeed get the Witcher 1 and 2 bundle since 7.50 for the two games is a pretty sweet deal I think.

Also, here are some other deals via Get Loaded for UbiSoft titles: http://getloadedgo.com/

Nothing that I'd really pick up, but they seem like decent deals:

show

--Andy

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:34 pm

Yeah, I hear Witcher 1 and 2 are some of the best RPGs, so tell us how it goes, Andy.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:11 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:What's your difficulty level at?

Hell if I know, though I finally came head to head with Ancient Dragons. Those were a pain in the butt to deal with, and went through a ton of health potions as well. But right now, re-started the game as a High Elf with the Thief stone. Haven't gotten very far, only just finished the Dragon Rising quest.

Though I did find out that once you max out a skill tree at level 100, and you're at the point where many of your skill trees are advancing slowly because you're at a high level, you can do the "Legendary" thing which resets it back the base level, gives you all the skill points you put into it, and if it was something like the Destruction skill tree, you keep all the spells and what not you learned. And with heavily enchanted armor that nullifies Destruction cost, you can level up relatively quickly.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:36 am

Go to the settings or whatever it's called while you're running around. Put that difficulty bar at the "75%" spot to the right. Oblivion doesn't make 'em smarter nor cause that much damage, but they stack their health points very much. I like it there because it forces you to play more efficiently (defensively), so I can't run in there like an idiot and bash everything with my hammer.

The hammer resolves all problems though--especially fetch quests.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:01 pm

So I haven't yet been able to play Witcher: 1, since Steam sold the game but ran out of keys to distribute. And it seems to be a lot of people, ha. Owners of the game from years ago also can't connect, for the same or unrelated reason? It isn't clear, but they are angry too.

So back to Civ 5 I go. Also, http://www.getgamesgo.com/ has Civ 5 plus the Gods and Kings first expansion, and DLC, on some discounts.

--Andy

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,