Conquer Club

[GF] Game Finder Sorting

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[GF] Game Finder Sorting

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:57 pm

Concise description:
  • I want to be able to look for games that were made and not random.
  • I also want to be able to say whether or not a person is my partner or opponent.

Specifics/Details:
  • Add a search option in Game Finder that will allow you to search games on specific maps and not bring up games that were started as Random.
  • Specify somewhere in the search whether or the people you are searching for are partners or opponents.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • You will be able to search for people who play on specific maps.
    • This would allow you to look for teachers on a map you're bad at.
    • This would allow you to find people to help fill tournaments if you are a TO.
    • This would allow you to find a partner on a map if you are playing a team game.
    • This will allow clans to find people who play maps easier when filling away games.
  • You can find games where you were just partners with someone.
    • This will help because within clans, teams play practice games often. If you use Map Rank to see how good you and a partner are together, you don't get an accurate number because it includes games where that person is an opponent and a partner.
    • You can quickly search to see how many times someone has been your partner.
Last edited by chapcrap on Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Re: Game Finder Sorting

Postby battlemania on Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:41 pm

sounds like a logical idea, why shouldnt it be there
Sergeant battlemania

Postby chapcrap on Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:42 pm

Just thought of another addition to this that I would like. I updated the OP with the information about partner/opponent definition within the search.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Woodruff on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:32 am

If we're talking about "Game Finder Sorting", why not make it so that each field is sortable within gamefinder once the results come out? For instance, you do a GameFinder run and then at the top, you could click on one of the fields and it would sort on that field (maybe clicking twice would reverse-sort it).
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby chapcrap on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:00 am

Woodruff wrote:If we're talking about "Game Finder Sorting", why not make it so that each field is sortable within gamefinder once the results come out? For instance, you do a GameFinder run and then at the top, you could click on one of the fields and it would sort on that field (maybe clicking twice would reverse-sort it).

I agree. Why not?

We should be able to sort after the search.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:42 pm

In games with 3 or more players, how does this sorting work? For a 3-player game would each game be listed 3 times (once for each player)?
Colonel agentcom

Postby chapcrap on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:47 pm

agentcom wrote:In games with 3 or more players, how does this sorting work? For a 3-player game would each game be listed 3 times (once for each player)?

I don't understand the question. I think you're talking about the second change I was talking about.

I'm not a coder, but I would think you could put check boxes next to the player name field that said opponent or teammate, that way you check to see games where people player together or where they were opponents.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Yeah, I misread the original suggestion. I thought you were talking about being able to sort the search results. But it looks like you want more search options before you submit the search. Maybe you could draw up what you'd like the Game Finder options to be.

For example:

With player: [text box] and (teammate) [textbox] and opponent [textbox]

Is that what you're thinking?
Colonel agentcom

Postby chapcrap on Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:16 pm

More like two check boxes next to the text boxes that are already there. One check is for teammate and one is for opponent.
Lieutenant chapcrap

[GF] Sortable Game Finder

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:51 am

Concise description:
  • Sortable Game Finder based on the headings.

Specifics/Details:
  • Make some or all of these Headings clickable that would sort accordingly.
  • Game Type
  • Initial Troops
  • Play Order
  • Map
  • Spoils
  • Reinforcements
  • Special Gameplay
  • Round Limit
  • Round Length
  • Round
  • Players? If possible. # of Players in the game.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Sometimes I am browsing through and it would be VERY useful to sort by some things. The ones that would have most impact immediately are...
  • Map - Sort Alphabetically
  • Players - Sort by how many players are playing, or by "how full"

A direct example of this is this morning I know I wanted to join a 12 player game. I wanted a game that was almost full on either a small map, or a big map with Round limits. Instead of doing multiple searches I decided to do 1 big broad search and page through. It would be very convenient if I could sort by ones that were about to start, or by alphabetical map so I can say, Oh these are all the games that are being played on Map X.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby chapcrap on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:13 pm

Lieutenant chapcrap

creating new game

Postby Pershing on Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:16 am

When you are creating a new game I do not like the default game to be "random" I like classic being the default game like it used to be. It is the most played game so why would you have random be the default game? Now I have to scroll up to random for every game I create.. what a pain! And sometimes I forget and setup a new game with random map so I have to drop game and start over. Please change back to the way it was. Pershing
General Pershing

Location: American Expeditionary Forces General Headquarters, Chaumont France

Return to Suggestions