Update 9/5/13

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderators: Media Team, Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby TeeGee on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:41 am

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:I have to say, updates 6 days apart from one another is very encouraging for the future of this site. Thanks for the updates bigWham and I hope you keep them coming :)


Without saying too much, keep a regular check on the Announcements page :D
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class TeeGee
Head Global Moderator
Head Global Moderator
 
Posts: 2774
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: Outback, NSW
Medals: 59
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (4)
Clan Achievement (5) General Contribution (7)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby Robespierre__ on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:13 am

These additions are really great! Thanks for all your hard work, coding and volunteer team. Keep it up. As someone who is running a large tournament, anything you do that can make mass game creating easier would be *MUCH* appreciated. The greatest would be some methodology that would allow a .csv file or the like be converted into a massive amount of games created. I know that is probably wishful thinking and problematic for the game engine, but I throw it out there. I will go over to the suggestions forum and mention it.

Also, any of you that are not premium members,if you are not in abject poverty, then you need to pony up the nominal sum that the site requests for premium membership in order for your views to carry any weight at all. If you are not even willing to throw $25 to pay for server and development time, then you are just whizzing in the wind IMHO.

Robes
User avatar
Colonel Robespierre__
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:23 pm
Location: New Jersey
Medals: 74
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby bigWham on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:05 am

OliverFA wrote:
bigWham wrote:
Sprechen wrote:I'd like to be able to create games with minimum rank requirements. For example, limiting those who can join a game to two ranks below mine and above. This works really well on a chess site I use.


pop on over to the Suggestions forum with your suggestions!

i think that one has been put forward many times but they'll let you know


Unfortunatelly the suggestions forum is not very active right now. I have submitted a couple of ideas lately and got not much answer, mainly from people who said "We don't like your suggestion because it's different to how we are playing now and would force us to change our way of thinking".


let's change that OliverFA!

you, me & the rest of the Club will turn this around!!

you can see Suggestions getting implemented, no? I know we have a lot of catching up to do... but believe me we will be taking Suggs seriously. Aside from implementing suggestions (the important part), the process is being worked on too.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster
 
Posts: 2275
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:08 pm
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby bigWham on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:09 am

betiko wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
OliverFA wrote:
bigWham wrote:
Sprechen wrote:I'd like to be able to create games with minimum rank requirements. For example, limiting those who can join a game to two ranks below mine and above. This works really well on a chess site I use.


pop on over to the Suggestions forum with your suggestions!

i think that one has been put forward many times but they'll let you know


Unfortunatelly the suggestions forum is not very active right now. I have submitted a couple of ideas lately and got not much answer, mainly from people who said "We don't like your suggestion because it's different to how we are playing now and would force us to change our way of thinking".

have you got links to those because all i've seen is people point out the flaws with your suggestions.


Lol exactly.
Oliver, this is not someting personal and you seem to see it as such. Your suggestion is an open gate for new types of cheating and abuse (survivor mode). Stop inventing stuff up. I love all novelties and I play all type of games, probably like most people completely against your idea. Most people are against it because of all its flaws, deal with it and stop making stuff up.

Otherwise, bigwham, the minimum\max rank thing has been proposed about a million times. The suggestion moderators just archive it as rejected, with no discution possible. This was lack's vision of the site. It is purely rejected each time because the previous admin was against it. Since this is such a popular request, we would be interested to have your personal opinion on the matter. Is this something that could be reconsidered to satisfy a large part of the community?


Yes, open it back up for consideration.

And OliverFA, do be realzies with your suggestions! Think about compromising, how to make the sugg address the issues people have with it.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster
 
Posts: 2275
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:08 pm
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby betiko on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:12 am

TeeGee wrote:
-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:I have to say, updates 6 days apart from one another is very encouraging for the future of this site. Thanks for the updates bigWham and I hope you keep them coming :)


Without saying too much, keep a regular check on the Announcements page :D


Yup, above expectations! Pretty funny to remember that the platinum medals, which is more or less the only thing done during the reign of el jefe took over 6 month between the anouncement and the resolution of all bugs.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5798
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 160
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:38 am

Wooooooo hoooooo wow... Changes!!!
Image
Art by: pershy | High Score: 2550
User avatar
Lieutenant MoB Deadly
 
Posts: 2373
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 am
Location: Allentown, PA
Medals: 143
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17)
General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (37) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby OliverFA on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:00 pm

bigWham wrote:
OliverFA wrote:
bigWham wrote:
Sprechen wrote:I'd like to be able to create games with minimum rank requirements. For example, limiting those who can join a game to two ranks below mine and above. This works really well on a chess site I use.


pop on over to the Suggestions forum with your suggestions!

i think that one has been put forward many times but they'll let you know


Unfortunatelly the suggestions forum is not very active right now. I have submitted a couple of ideas lately and got not much answer, mainly from people who said "We don't like your suggestion because it's different to how we are playing now and would force us to change our way of thinking".


let's change that OliverFA!

you, me & the rest of the Club will turn this around!!

you can see Suggestions getting implemented, no? I know we have a lot of catching up to do... but believe me we will be taking Suggs seriously. Aside from implementing suggestions (the important part), the process is being worked on too.


I take pride of the Trench settings suggestion (Previously Adjacent Attacks ;) ) Not my own suggestion, and not the only supporter, but with no doubt one of the most active ones. So yes, I saw suggestions implemented even before. Now that you have dinamized the site, we will no doubt see a lot more suggestions implemented :D

By the way, one suggestion that seems really interesting is the "Infected neutrals" that have been around since I first joined long ago. I am no related in any way with that suggestion, but I think it's worth taking a look at it because adds a complete new dimension without having to program any AI and with a component of predictability that is desirable in an strategy game.
Last edited by OliverFA on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
User avatar
Private 1st Class OliverFA
 
Posts: 2361
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:30 am
Location: Somewhere in Spain
Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (3) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (5)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby OliverFA on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:05 pm

betiko wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
OliverFA wrote:
bigWham wrote:
Sprechen wrote:I'd like to be able to create games with minimum rank requirements. For example, limiting those who can join a game to two ranks below mine and above. This works really well on a chess site I use.


pop on over to the Suggestions forum with your suggestions!

i think that one has been put forward many times but they'll let you know


Unfortunatelly the suggestions forum is not very active right now. I have submitted a couple of ideas lately and got not much answer, mainly from people who said "We don't like your suggestion because it's different to how we are playing now and would force us to change our way of thinking".

have you got links to those because all i've seen is people point out the flaws with your suggestions.


Lol exactly.
Oliver, this is not someting personal and you seem to see it as such. Your suggestion is an open gate for new types of cheating and abuse (survivor mode). Stop inventing stuff up. I love all novelties and I play all type of games, probably like most people completely against your idea. Most people are against it because of all its flaws, deal with it and stop making stuff up.

Otherwise, bigwham, the minimum\max rank thing has been proposed about a million times. The suggestion moderators just archive it as rejected, with no discution possible. This was lack's vision of the site. It is purely rejected each time because the previous admin was against it. Since this is such a popular request, we would be interested to have your personal opinion on the matter. Is this something that could be reconsidered to satisfy a large part of the community?


Maybe I misunderstand things, but those criticisms appeared to me far from constructive and more like "no because no", that's why I get tired of answering them. No point in getting angry about that. However, I promise to take a look at it with a fresh approach and try to improve my suggestions.
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
User avatar
Private 1st Class OliverFA
 
Posts: 2361
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:30 am
Location: Somewhere in Spain
Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (3) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (5)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:54 pm

Great work. As always, I really appreciate your work rds, blake and others involved. And bigWham, you've made a huge impression almost instantly.
Image
User avatar
Captain iAmCaffeine
 
Posts: 3701
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:38 pm
Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby The Dominatrix on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:50 pm

Since yesterday I have only been able to play one game at a time every time I go in to create a game error button comes up why?????
User avatar
Corporal The Dominatrix
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:48 am
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:27 pm

Re betiko:Max rank has not been rejected.

Re OliverFA: I don't like the Survivor mode because stacking players (which are present in very many escalators and even win some of them) will get more of a reason to just stack.
show
User avatar
Captain DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 4222
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby blakebowling on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:32 pm

The Dominatrix wrote:Since yesterday I have only been able to play one game at a time every time I go in to create a game error button comes up why?????

What error are you receiving?
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 5046
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby OliverFA on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:42 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Re betiko:Max rank has not been rejected.

Re OliverFA: I don't like the Survivor mode because stacking players (which are present in very many escalators and even win some of them) will get more of a reason to just stack.


You are judging a setting just by one of many options. Not all settings will work equally good with all the different options.
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
User avatar
Private 1st Class OliverFA
 
Posts: 2361
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:30 am
Location: Somewhere in Spain
Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (3) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (5)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:52 pm

=D>

bigWham wrote:
betiko wrote:
Otherwise, bigwham, the minimum\max rank thing has been proposed about a million times. The suggestion moderators just archive it as rejected, with no discution possible. This was lack's vision of the site. It is purely rejected each time because the previous admin was against it. Since this is such a popular request, we would be interested to have your personal opinion on the matter. Is this something that could be reconsidered to satisfy a large part of the community?


Yes, open it back up for consideration.


Good to hear. I would definitely welcome this as well. :)
Image

18:19:01 ‹#1_stunna› Pixar is the only noob that would leave Kort
18:20:39 ‹*Pixar*› thats a new sig!
18:20:51 ‹*Pixar*› "only player to leave kort"
User avatar
Colonel Shannon Apple
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer
 
Posts: 1026
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:40 pm
Location: Ireland
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (1)
Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (2)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby Lindax on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:32 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:=D>

bigWham wrote:
betiko wrote:
Otherwise, bigwham, the minimum\max rank thing has been proposed about a million times. The suggestion moderators just archive it as rejected, with no discution possible. This was lack's vision of the site. It is purely rejected each time because the previous admin was against it. Since this is such a popular request, we would be interested to have your personal opinion on the matter. Is this something that could be reconsidered to satisfy a large part of the community?


Yes, open it back up for consideration.


Good to hear. I would definitely welcome this as well. :)


I would still like to see a system (mainly for speed games) where you can set up a game with the ante being 10, 20 or 30 points (for example). If you join, no matter your rank, you play for those points.

Example: I set up a 7 player escalating speed game with an ante of 20 points. The winner takes 120 points, the rest lose 20 points.

As an added option it would make speed games a lot more attractive.

Lx

PS: I can't post in the game chat of games I'm not in. Is that another update? If so, I don't like it....
User avatar
Colonel Lindax
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 8787
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: Paradise Rediscovered
Medals: 127
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (10)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby blakebowling on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:00 pm

Lindax wrote:PS: I can't post in the game chat of games I'm not in. Is that another update? If so, I don't like it....

This is actually a bug. I've now fixed it.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 5046
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby VicFontaine on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:12 pm

Lindax wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:=D>

bigWham wrote:
betiko wrote:
Otherwise, bigwham, the minimum\max rank thing has been proposed about a million times. The suggestion moderators just archive it as rejected, with no discution possible. This was lack's vision of the site. It is purely rejected each time because the previous admin was against it. Since this is such a popular request, we would be interested to have your personal opinion on the matter. Is this something that could be reconsidered to satisfy a large part of the community?


Yes, open it back up for consideration.


Good to hear. I would definitely welcome this as well. :)


I would still like to see a system (mainly for speed games) where you can set up a game with the ante being 10, 20 or 30 points (for example). If you join, no matter your rank, you play for those points.

Example: I set up a 7 player escalating speed game with an ante of 20 points. The winner takes 120 points, the rest lose 20 points.

As an added option it would make speed games a lot more attractive.

Lx

PS: I can't post in the game chat of games I'm not in. Is that another update? If so, I don't like it....


Could be neat, but would almost nullify the ranking system completely since a cook could "gamble" 700 points and...well.
"It is a good day to die."
User avatar
Major VicFontaine
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: The Dominion
Medals: 60
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (15) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby maasman on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:21 pm

VicFontaine wrote:
Lindax wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:=D>

bigWham wrote:
betiko wrote:
Otherwise, bigwham, the minimum\max rank thing has been proposed about a million times. The suggestion moderators just archive it as rejected, with no discution possible. This was lack's vision of the site. It is purely rejected each time because the previous admin was against it. Since this is such a popular request, we would be interested to have your personal opinion on the matter. Is this something that could be reconsidered to satisfy a large part of the community?


Yes, open it back up for consideration.


Good to hear. I would definitely welcome this as well. :)


I would still like to see a system (mainly for speed games) where you can set up a game with the ante being 10, 20 or 30 points (for example). If you join, no matter your rank, you play for those points.

Example: I set up a 7 player escalating speed game with an ante of 20 points. The winner takes 120 points, the rest lose 20 points.

As an added option it would make speed games a lot more attractive.

Lx

PS: I can't post in the game chat of games I'm not in. Is that another update? If so, I don't like it....


Could be neat, but would almost nullify the ranking system completely since a cook could "gamble" 700 points and...well.


Easy fix there, just set the limit to the current ones, 1-100 points lost. Plus, who the hell would join that game :lol:
Image
User avatar
Colonel maasman
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:45 pm
Location: River Falls, USA
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (12) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (13)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:37 pm

I feel like this could be abused by friends...I'll be sure to discuss it with BigWham!

BMO
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 7230
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 am
Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby patrickaa317 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:58 pm

maasman wrote:
VicFontaine wrote:
Lindax wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:=D>

bigWham wrote:
betiko wrote:
Otherwise, bigwham, the minimum\max rank thing has been proposed about a million times. The suggestion moderators just archive it as rejected, with no discution possible. This was lack's vision of the site. It is purely rejected each time because the previous admin was against it. Since this is such a popular request, we would be interested to have your personal opinion on the matter. Is this something that could be reconsidered to satisfy a large part of the community?


Yes, open it back up for consideration.


Good to hear. I would definitely welcome this as well. :)


I would still like to see a system (mainly for speed games) where you can set up a game with the ante being 10, 20 or 30 points (for example). If you join, no matter your rank, you play for those points.

Example: I set up a 7 player escalating speed game with an ante of 20 points. The winner takes 120 points, the rest lose 20 points.

As an added option it would make speed games a lot more attractive.

Lx

PS: I can't post in the game chat of games I'm not in. Is that another update? If so, I don't like it....


Could be neat, but would almost nullify the ranking system completely since a cook could "gamble" 700 points and...well.


Easy fix there, just set the limit to the current ones, 1-100 points lost. Plus, who the hell would join that game :lol:


Definitely not a fan of this idea. A lot of people would play games for 1 point. A lot of farming would be done against the noobs that think they can win 50 points, etc. All I see is potential for abuse and people working the system on this.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317
 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:10 pm
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby greenoaks on Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:01 am

patrickaa317 wrote:Definitely not a fan of this idea. A lot of people would play games for 1 point. A lot of farming would be done against the noobs that think they can win 50 points, etc. All I see is potential for abuse and people working the system on this.

that's the way i see it too.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:42 am

Not sure if that's what Lindax meant. If something like that was set up, the "ante" should be 20 points and 20 points only. No matter who joins, it would be as if they are all on equal points. There should be no option for a bigger gamble. That is the only fair-ish way of doing it and it would prevent points abuse to some degree. However, farmers would have a great time taking points from cooks with that system without risk.

Yeah. Anything that has the potential to be grossly abused by dishonest people shouldn't happen, but definitely liking the idea of putting a range on the points that can join games that you create. Although that limit should be within reason. It would have almost the same effect as what Lindax said without anyone being able to abuse it.
Image

18:19:01 ‹#1_stunna› Pixar is the only noob that would leave Kort
18:20:39 ‹*Pixar*› thats a new sig!
18:20:51 ‹*Pixar*› "only player to leave kort"
User avatar
Colonel Shannon Apple
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer
 
Posts: 1026
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:40 pm
Location: Ireland
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (1)
Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (2)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby Swifte on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:10 am

The whole point of the current scoring system is that if a stronger player plays a weaker player (in terms of their relative scores) the stronger player should be rewarded less for the win, as they would be expected to win more often. The higher ranked player correspondingly risks losing more points if the fall to a weaker opponent.

In an ante system, the stronger player can win a disproportionately high number of points from weaker opponents, while risking relatively fewer points (since everyone contributes the same number of points to the pot) - every point farmer in his right mind would rather play these kinds of games than games under the current system - less risked, easier potential for gain against the same lesser opponents.

I don't think an ante system could co-exist with the current scoring system at all.
User avatar
Colonel Swifte
Chatter
Chatter
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:05 pm
Location: usually Mahgreb
Medals: 141
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (34) Clan Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (14)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby jimboy on Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Swifte wrote:The whole point of the current scoring system is that if a stronger player plays a weaker player (in terms of their relative scores) the stronger player should be rewarded less for the win, as they would be expected to win more often. The higher ranked player correspondingly risks losing more points if the fall to a weaker opponent.

In an ante system, the stronger player can win a disproportionately high number of points from weaker opponents, while risking relatively fewer points (since everyone contributes the same number of points to the pot) - every point farmer in his right mind would rather play these kinds of games than games under the current system - less risked, easier potential for gain against the same lesser opponents.

I don't think an ante system could co-exist with the current scoring system at all.



I completely agree with Swifte's statements on this matter. An ante system will be a farmers paradise.
User avatar
Major jimboy
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:02 pm
Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6)

Re: Update 9/5/13

Postby Paddy The Cat on Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:10 pm

The bigWham has not been a let down thus far!
User avatar
Colonel Paddy The Cat
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:12 pm
Location: PA
Medals: 64
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (9)

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login