Conquer Club

CL5-Resignation

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

CL5-Resignation

Postby Qwert on Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:53 am

Well , when come day when you dont have support from CD, then only logical move its resignation.

In beginning of mine duty in CL5, i had Jetsetwilly and Bruceswar who help me to start tournament. Everything go good, with small problems. Major problem for me was round labels, and in start had many time people make mistakes.

Time between two rounds, Jetsetwilly and Bruceswar make retirement from CD role, and i left without CD who will directly take role in CL5.

So i decide to put this in even higher level of organizations to try to prevent any problems, implementing and enforcing many things

1.All round labels need to be proper
2. 2-3 days before start of rounds-sending instructions with precisely what clans need to do to make games on time.
3.Constantly check games, and notify if some clans make label mistakes
4.Put a lot action to prevent AOK to leave clan competition, with assisting in create home games for AOK( AOK member with privileges dispersal and Giligan take vacation)
5. VDLL don't responding, and also put in action to this clan stay active in League.
6. Giliggan retire and Jimfinn come, but for next 6 rounds, he don't do nothing-don't update maps and players count, create hole and make difficulty to follow what maps are used and how much players play in games, even now this unfortunately stay unclear)I give mine best, and manage to stop trench to be used in one round, and 2 time player had used in 4 games.
7.Update table on time
8. Update scores in schedule on time
9. Track all clans members, to react on time if some clan come to critical number of members
10.Every day observe all 3 leagues, to help Division Directors ,if something miss hem
11. Many times clans forget to put round number, so i immediately react.
12.Working on F400 , help to Icepack have easy job to implement all results on time

This entire Second phase i act alone, with Division Directors. In round 9 and 10, Keefie come and start to track Second League, so this problem are solve.

4 main task i put to be priority
1-Correct labels(for me this its important so that i can very fast jump in any round ,and could see what going on)
2-Maps ( all maps need to be used once, unfortunately when Jimfinn was in charge MM use one map twice)
3-Players( maximum allowed are 3 per round, but again in Jimfinn charge some clans are use player 4 time, and its was to late to react)
4-Round need to go by schedule-no delays

So i take this Tournament very seriously, and till today i hold all in good shape( consider how much time i spend on all this),
In round 15 TLW against OSA, after TLW create and send games(7 September-one day earlier then by schedule), OSA team join games very fast also on 7 September(even they schedule are start on 11 September) so DD or even me get impossible time to react on mistake. I react on 8 September(day when official round start), and announce that all games need to be remade again.

Benga make complain to CD, and then overrule mine decision, bring me in this case without support, so only what left for me its resignation.

I want to say thanks to Jetsetwilly, Bruceswar, and all Division Directors for work they done. Thanks to Leehar who want to try something but with no effect.

-----------------
Qwert wrote:
chemefreak wrote:
kmhebert wrote:CD's need to pick this one up in my opinion.

That will be one of the new CDs jobs.

I am disappointed by Qwert's decision here. The clan world is a thankless place. Oh well.

Well Cheme call me a quitter, and unfortunatly he its main reason why i give resignation. I dont want to write this , but when i read that he say "i am disappointed" i see very big lie here.
Nicky and Leehar are much honest persons, and they talk with me polite and try to find solution. Cheme dont speak polite, insulting me, and make hes decision final.
For almost entire Second phase, this look more like private tournament, and CD not was involve(probably dont have time for this), so i work in best,what i know. If i enforce rules, i enforce to everything go perfect. Maybe some people dont like this, but generally people accept that, and with no complain work with me.

VDLL are not problem, and we create random games, after they dont create on time( create by rules).

macbone wrote:Qwert, it sounds like you had a ton of responsibility here with CL5, but things were running fairly smoothly. It always helps to delegate. =)

It sounds like the guys moved too quickly there. Could you guys work out a compromise?

Macbone , what compromise you want? When some come, who dont even participiate in CL5, start scream and insult . And when they talk start in this way:
You volunteered for it, shut the f*ck up.

With this man i need to make compromise? who never send me message to ask "hie, how you doing? do you need some help? "
And then to say that i ruined entire competition. With this man, its not possible to make any normal talks.
So in hes perspective im a quitter, and he expect now that everybody need to think same like he did.
With leehar,adn nicky its possible to talk normal,, but 3rd person, impossible.

Qwert wrote:
chemefreak wrote:The issue here was pretty simple. TLW did not do the tags correctly. All the games were joined and ongoing. You told them they had to remake the games. I thought that was silly and so did TLW and OSA. So I stepped in as a CD and determined that it was not in the best interests of anyone to remake the games. You provided a list of frustrating things involving just about every clan on this site and then quit. Your decision to remake the games did not consider several factors: the effect on the clans' game loads, the effect on freemiums in those games, and the good of the tournament. I think you have made a mountain out of a molehill here.

Additionally, medal issuing for this event is going to be a bear! So having remade games that will need to be deleted complicates things to a degree that you do not fully understand. I made this clear and you continued to berate me for my decision then you quit. I really don't understand your reasoning and I don't think you ever will. You have done a great job and it is a shame this is the way it ends.

well you know best here, that why finaly you will get opportunity to take this and for first time start to care for CL5. And if you realy want to know who even play in this match,you will know that there its no fremiums in this 7 games.
I work very good, and benga also accept that game be remade , but then you harshly react..
Right now i can not recognition your very calm words, like this its not you. anyhow i make mine decision, and you make your decision, unfortunately you are CD , but this its not give you right to issue me orders in this manner,like i describe above, so all this suddenly nice words, for me not count, because i really dont have any more chance to work with you.
well this its mine last post in this topic, and i only can ask polite from you to not praise me again, please. This its better for bout.
Last edited by Qwert on Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: CL5-Resignation

Postby greenoaks on Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:36 am

it is a sad day indeed.

on a brighter note, you've got plenty of time to take up map making again. :D
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby silversun6 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:58 am

i dont know the true reason for your resignation but quitting because one time your decision was over ruled looks odd.

anyhow , you did a great job in my opinion with CL5
OSA 2013 GRAND POOBA Seamus76 AKA TopDog
Colonel silversun6

Postby Keefie on Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:15 am

Qwert, there's no problem that can't be resolved. Please think again about this decision.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby kmhebert on Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:21 am

CD's need to pick this one up in my opinion.
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby Genoke on Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:30 pm

If you put all the effort in 'your baby' to make things straight/correct and other people can make decisions in your place, so you're the f*cked up guy...

i can really understand that the mood/courage slips away... to bad off course, but i understand! You've got my support qwert! I would do the same...
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby chemefreak on Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:14 pm

I am disappointed by Qwert's decision here. The clan world is a thankless place. Oh well.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby IcePack on Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:03 pm

chemefreak wrote:

Glad to hear this, this was something i proposed quite some time ago and I think it will be a big benefit

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Fewnix on Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:57 pm

LETS WORK TOGETHER AND BRING BACK QWERT

I have no interest in playing the blame game. I don;'t pretend to understand all the personalities, politics and procedure of CL5. I beg us all to work together and bring back Qwert.

Rule 1
show
Private Fewnix

Postby greenoaks on Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:04 pm

chemefreak wrote:

so you're hoping to appoint someone capable of running tournaments :-k
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby ViperOverLord on Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:23 pm

Qwert:

First off, thank you for the idea for CL5 and the work that you did.

But, I think you have OCD or something (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, in case that doesn't translate across cultures). You want everything to be perfect and flawless and that's just not going to happen in a non professional, recreational (albeit serious) tiered tournament of this size. You seem to think that little glitches are major issues.

For instance, you keep going off on rounds not being labeled right. Yea, that sucks. But you mention it over and over as if it's so bad. As long as the games are played, that's really what matters. Same with VDLL. Once you realize that their leadership is MIA; you work to either get VDLL DQ'd or just get all their games random from that point forward. Either way, I don't see it as a reason for resignation. This is the type of thing, one might expect going into a tourney of this size.

Now, the one issue I can see as valid is for instance in the sake of VDLL if you needed the CD's to sign-off on whatever course of action (or just anything else). Then, if they're not easy to work with or not responsive, then that can get frustrating. And I don't know if that's the case. I'll qualify that as all speculation based upon what qwert says. Personally, I think that CL and CCup should remain ran by private entities and I have said as much. This is what happens when you put a bureaucracy at the heart of the process. The CDs should stick to moderating the boards, granting medals, overseeing general fairness and various other administrative tasks.
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby macbone on Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:57 am

Qwert, it sounds like you had a ton of responsibility here with CL5, but things were running fairly smoothly. It always helps to delegate. =)

It sounds like the guys moved too quickly there. Could you guys work out a compromise?
Colonel macbone

Postby Qwert on Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:41 am

chemefreak wrote:

Well Cheme call me a quitter, and unfortunatly he its main reason why i give resignation. I dont want to write this , but when i read that he say "i am disappointed" i see very big lie here.
Nicky and Leehar are much honest persons, and they talk with me polite and try to find solution. Cheme dont speak polite, insulting me, and make hes decision final.
For almost entire Second phase, this look more like private tournament, and CD not was involve(probably dont have time for this), so i work in best,what i know. If i enforce rules, i enforce to everything go perfect. Maybe some people dont like this, but generally people accept that, and with no complain work with me.

VDLL are not problem, and we create random games, after they dont create on time( create by rules).

macbone wrote:Qwert, it sounds like you had a ton of responsibility here with CL5, but things were running fairly smoothly. It always helps to delegate. =)

Macbone , what compromise you want? When some come, who dont even participiate in CL5, start scream and insult . And when they talk start in this way:
You volunteered for it, shut the f*ck up.

With this man i need to make compromise? who never send me message to ask "hie, how you doing? do you need some help? "
And then to say that i ruined entire competition. With this man, its not possible to make any normal talks.
So in hes perspective im a quitter, and he expect now that everybody need to think same like he did.
With leehar,adn nicky its possible to talk normal,, but 3rd person, impossible.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Armandolas on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:00 am

Qwert im not involved in this competition but I have something to say to you.
You are running a fine tournament wich requires much effort and some stress, but as u can see 99% of the people like your work.
So do it for the 99% and not for the 1%
Colonel Armandolas

Postby chemefreak on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:54 am

The issue here was pretty simple. TLW did not do the tags correctly. All the games were joined and ongoing. You told them they had to remake the games. I thought that was silly and so did TLW and OSA. So I stepped in as a CD and determined that it was not in the best interests of anyone to remake the games. You provided a list of frustrating things involving just about every clan on this site and then quit. Your decision to remake the games did not consider several factors: the effect on the clans' game loads, the effect on freemiums in those games, and the good of the tournament. I think you have made a mountain out of a molehill here.

Additionally, medal issuing for this event is going to be a bear! So having remade games that will need to be deleted complicates things to a degree that you do not fully understand. I made this clear and you continued to berate me for my decision then you quit. I really don't understand your reasoning and I don't think you ever will. You have done a great job and it is a shame this is the way it ends.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Qwert on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:36 am

chemefreak wrote:The issue here was pretty simple. TLW did not do the tags correctly. All the games were joined and ongoing. You told them they had to remake the games. I thought that was silly and so did TLW and OSA. So I stepped in as a CD and determined that it was not in the best interests of anyone to remake the games. You provided a list of frustrating things involving just about every clan on this site and then quit. Your decision to remake the games did not consider several factors: the effect on the clans' game loads, the effect on freemiums in those games, and the good of the tournament. I think you have made a mountain out of a molehill here.

well you know best here, that why finaly you will get opportunity to take this and for first time start to care for CL5. And if you realy want to know who even play in this match,you will know that there its no fremiums in this 7 games.
I work very good, and benga also accept that game be remade , but then you harshly react..
Right now i can not recognition your very calm words, like this its not you. anyhow i make mine decision, and you make your decision, unfortunately you are CD , but this its not give you right to issue me orders in this manner,like i describe above, so all this suddenly nice words, for me not count, because i really dont have any more chance to work with you.
well this its mine last post in this topic, and i only can ask polite from you to not praise me again, please. This its better for bout.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Keefie on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:42 am

Qwert,

Is there absolutely no way that a compromise can be reached here ?

I know from just being a DD how much work is involved and it will be an absolute nightmare for someone to pick this up from scratch now. We are two thirds to three quarters of the way through, would it be too much to ask you to change your mind for the sake of the competition and the CC clan community.

Please reconsider.

Keith
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Vid_FISO on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:59 am

Keefie wrote:I know from just being a DD how much work is involved and it will be an absolute nightmare for someone to pick this up from scratch now.

The bulk of the info that Qwert and the DDs have been compiling (and presumably duplicating?) would be readily available in one format or another simply by asking the clan member(s) responsible for their own clans. Obviously I can't speak for any other clan but if I'm organized enough to know which maps and players were used in each match and all results to date then the majority of others would be too?

Excel does a wonderful job of holding information as you go along, a google doc even better for all to update, just leaving the DDs to make quick scans to ensure no errors rather than compiling the lot themselves.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby angola on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:11 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:
Keefie wrote:I know from just being a DD how much work is involved and it will be an absolute nightmare for someone to pick this up from scratch now.

The bulk of the info that Qwert and the DDs have been compiling (and presumably duplicating?) would be readily available in one format or another simply by asking the clan member(s) responsible for their own clans. Obviously I can't speak for any other clan but if I'm organized enough to know which maps and players were used in each match and all results to date then the majority of others would be too?

Excel does a wonderful job of holding information as you go along, a google doc even better for all to update, just leaving the DDs to make quick scans to ensure no errors rather than compiling the lot themselves.

Just don't ask VioIet to do it!
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Captain angola

Postby patrickaa317 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:37 pm

Can't a E-Ticket into the Admins assist in deleting the games? Then you both win. Those games are gone from history and the labels are correct on the remake.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby VioIet on Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:04 am

angola wrote:
Just don't ask VioIet to do it!

Definitely don't ask me :lol: I prefer to not have anything to do with excel or google doc. My computer doesn't even seem to support those documents, and I can't open or read them as it is. I have to use my own methods to keep my stats. Now I would gladly send someone the information and have them update it on my behalf.

Anyway, the above really has nothing to do with this topic.

Qwert, I'm very sorry that you didn't feel that you received the support that you needed/wanted from all of the CD team. You did an amazing job with CL5. You are a talented organizer and you put together a fantastic clan tourney. I greatly appreciated all of the weekly pm's that you had sent to me, and how you spent so much time to make sure that everything was correct and adequate. I've always found you to be reasonable and understanding in you reactions with me. You handled the TMM situation very well in SL.

Your job shouldn't have to be as thankless as it is and you shouldn't have to put up with rudeness from others. However, those things are often inevitable. In an event of this magnitude, you'll likely encounter issues/problems of sorts.

While we are sad to see you go, I understand your decision. I don't know the full story, but I can only imagine that it was quite frustrating to result in you leaving something that you've worked so hard on for so long.

I hope that sometime in the future, you will once again use your talents to benefit the clan/tourney community.

I also wish much support and the best of luck to the next person who steps up to this surmounting task.
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby josko.ri on Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:10 am

At first I very supported you because you seemed to listen to others' opinions and putting them together. The format which you chose is very quality one and time which you spent is appreciable, thank you very much for that.

As the competition progressed, you have made bad decisions after decisions without any common sense (ACE withdraw, Premier League with 11 clans, remake of whole set because of wrong labeling) which ruined the whole tournament joy. ACE could be merged and continued the tournament or it could be better determined who will qualify to their spot, Premier League could be organized with 12 clans, and exception to not remake games could be made, which would all be decisions with full of common sense and with goal to not mess up the League structure but to progress with minor consequences.

As conclusion:
Thank you very much for your idea of the CL5 format, and for quantity of your time spent into it, that I very appreciate.
Do not thank you for quality of your decisions during the tournament, as they were all or almost all very bad.
Major josko.ri

Postby WPBRJ on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:36 pm

nice job Qwert

From speaking from past with the CD'S on cl4 i totally feel your pain you did a great job i truly enjoyed the ornament and again i totally understand the clash with the CD's. They back you until they don’t agree with you then they ask you to back them and back off from what’s right. So again great job

PS

josko shut the f-ck up you cheating bastard / assclown it’s a bad decision when you don't agree with the decision does not make it a bad decision. Just because you dint like the decision or the outcome don't make it bad except in your own little tinny little pea brain of yours. You pulled the same old shit last year with me and only time you liked decisions is when you agreed with them and thought they were bad when you dint agree with them even when most dint agree with you!!!!
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby peanutsdad on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:03 pm

As the leader of Mythology and a clansmen of Qwert, i want to say thank you to him, we are all very proud of what you've done. He did a fantastic job on this tournament, and while i understand his resignation, i also am very sorry to see it. I agree with what just about everyone here has said, it's been a great tournament, and i'm sure the CD's will do it justice and keep it going. If Qwert was to decide to come back to it i would be all for it, but i doubt that will happen.

As for Josko, What WPBRJ Said sums it up perfectly!!!!!
Lieutenant peanutsdad

Postby josko.ri on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:44 pm

Nice to see some old frustrated guys that I forgot are still here are back in flaming actions :-$

WPBRJ wrote:Just because you dint like the decision or the outcome don't make it bad

I believe I express my personal opinion in my comments, don't I? Should I maybe express your opinion when I post my comments? :lol:

That said, if my opinion is that decision was bad, I do not hesitate to say so publicly. He has done something good and something bad (in my opinion), which is pretty well summarized in past post, and I have been very thankful for good decisions that he did. If he wanted clap clap thread then he should name it "Clap Clap thread to Qwert" so then I would not post any comments which are not clap clap to him in order to not be off topic. As he named thread "CL5-resignation" and many players posted their opinions about his resignation, so did I.
Major josko.ri

Next

Return to Clan Archives