Conquer Club

TeamCC Callout: Clan Director Position(s)

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

TeamCC Callout: Clan Director Position(s)

Postby Leehar on Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:22 pm

Candidates applying should have a high activity on Conquer Club/within Clans and be familiar enough with Excel/Spreadsheets for Medal Distribution. Additionally, candidates should have a cool-head and calm demeanor, and be eager to help take the Clans Dept. to the next level.
      Don't be dissuaded however if you don't meet some of these requirements. For example, We also need individuals who can provide a different perspective, so even being relatively inexperienced in the clan arena could be an asset if you're interested in helping new Clans prosper.
      So if you feel like you could contribute, please send a PM to Leehar with the following:
      ===============
      PM Subject: Clan Director Application
      --------------------------
      Username:

Availability / Time I Can Dedicate per Week: (weekends only, all day, mornings, evenings etc)

Comments: (one or two paragraphs in length describing why you think you are a good candidate)

Objectives: (one or two paragraphs in length describing what you'd like to do if given the job)
      ===============

Additionally, Clan Tags is not the end of the road for envisioned updates for the Clan Scene. Coordinate with your CDF reps for additional developments you'd like to see brought to Clans!
    show
    Colonel Leehar

Re: TeamCC Callout: Clan Director Position(s)

Postby Leehar on Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:59 pm

Thanks for all the Applications everyone. I still want to overtake the TD's record of 11, so keep the Apps rolling in!

At the same time, remember that this is the best opportunity for you to inform us of your benefits, so be sure to take advantage and elucidate as much as possible upon your merits, and the positive impact you can make to both the CD's & the clan world since we can't always read between the lines.
    show
    Colonel Leehar

Postby chapcrap on Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:20 pm

Leehar wrote:Thanks for all the Applications everyone. I still want to overtake the TD's record of 11, so keep the Apps rolling in!

At the same time, remember that this is the best opportunity for you to inform us of your benefits, so be sure to take advantage and elucidate as much as possible upon your merits, and the positive impact you can make to both the CD's & the clan world since we can't always read between the lines.

If you want, I'll apply to help break the record. ;)
    Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Leehar on Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:21 pm

We've actually just passed the mark, but you should still consider submitting an application irregardless. Would just provide another comparison to more appropriately benchmark everyone.
    Heck, if even you could make the grade for Team CC, it can only provide hope to the other aspiring candidates ;)
    show
    Colonel Leehar

Postby ViperOverLord on Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:31 pm

Will the applicants be put up for a vote to either all the clan world or the CDF? Seeing as how the CDs are in theory to be representative all clans' interests, I think that would be the best and most fair option.
    Major ViperOverLord

Postby IcePack on Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:35 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:Will the applicants be put up for a vote to either all the clan world or the CDF? Seeing as how the CDs are in theory to be representative all clans' interests, I think that would be the best and most fair option.

That isn't the normal process, typically appilcations are submitted and decided on by the team. Right or wrong, thats how its been done in the past.
    Though I do believe they were going to hold some sort of interview process for this one...I guess Leehar or other CD's could answer that more specifically.

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
    Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
    Major IcePack
    Multi Hunter
    Multi Hunter

Postby ViperOverLord on Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:00 pm

IcePack wrote:
    ViperOverLord wrote:Will the applicants be put up for a vote to either all the clan world or the CDF? Seeing as how the CDs are in theory to be representative all clans' interests, I think that would be the best and most fair option.

That isn't the normal process, typically appilcations are submitted and decided on by the team. Right or wrong, thats how its been done in the past.
    Though I do believe they were going to hold some sort of interview process for this one...I guess Leehar or other CD's could answer that more specifically.

IcePack

The normal process has led to elitist clan directors. There needs to be more transparency and more democracy if we want to see real positive changes and restore trust.
    Major ViperOverLord

Postby chemefreak on Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:11 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:
    IcePack wrote:

IcePack

The normal process has led to elitist clan directors. There needs to be more transparency and more democracy if we want to see real positive changes and restore trust.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Which ones are elitist? The reluctant Head Clan Director Leehar? Nicky that works her ass off for clans? Or me, who has devoted hundreds (if not thousands) of hours to clans over the past 2.5 years? Pray tell...who do you speak of?
    :twisted: ChemE :twisted:
    братья в рукоятках
    I ♥ ++The Legion++
    Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby kmhebert on Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:40 pm

chemefreak wrote:
    Which ones are elitist? The reluctant Head Clan Director Leehar? Nicky that works her ass off for clans? Or me, who has devoted hundreds (if not thousands) of hours to clans over the past 2.5 years? Pray tell...who do you speak of?

Heh I genuinely don't see why anyone would volunteer for any of these positions, so thanks to all who did. And thanks to the current CD's; if you're elitist, well, then you've earned it.
    Sergeant kmhebert

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:49 am

chemefreak wrote:
    ViperOverLord wrote:
    IcePack wrote:

IcePack

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My statement speaks for itself. I see no point to finger pointing at individuals though. And, I can't help but notice that you skipped over the concept of elections.
    Major ViperOverLord

Postby VioIet on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:05 am

ViperOverLord wrote:
    chemefreak wrote:

My statement speaks for itself. I see no point to finger pointing at individuals though. And, I can't help but notice that you skipped over the concept of elections.

I agree with Viper here. I am not at all confident that the current clan mods/directors can make a good decision. They lack common sense. Time spent has nothing to do with it. I think that the general public (those who are currently members of a clan) should be allowed to vote for who they would like to see in a leadership position.
    Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
    Violet: oh, what big news?
    Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby Arya on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:07 am

VioIet wrote:
    ViperOverLord wrote:
    chemefreak wrote:

I agree with Viper here. I am not at all confident that the current clan mods/directors can make a good decision. They lack common sense. Time spent has nothing to do with it. I think that the general public (those who are currently members of a clan) should be allowed to vote for who they would like to see in a leadership position.

May I just say any sort of election process for any kind of mod would be a terrible, terrible idea. Particularly in the clan area where many of the most vocal, and at times aggressive, players of this site are. Any kind of election would just create arguments and fighting, and accomplish nothing. It's not just about this being how things are and always have been done on this site, it's about having a CD team that can cooperate and work together. Being a CD is hard enough when you have a good team, it would be impossible with random people who were "elected" and who most likely wouldn't all want to cooperate much at all. Mods aren't politicians, they are people who volunteer their time (in the case of CDs, often a LOT of time) to make this site better, and they shouldn't have to act like politicians to do so.

Not to mention that the vast majority of people who are members in clans really couldn't care less about who the CDs are as long as forums look ok and people get their medals, so actually getting more than a small percentage to vote would be next to impossible. Even more so if you want said people to make an educated choice, as I can promise you, most does not care at all.

The CDs we have now has a whole lot of common sense and they know the clan world better than just about anyone. They are most definitely the most qualified people to make the decision of who they want on their team.
    Sergeant 1st Class Arya

Postby Armandolas on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:06 am

I vote Eddie
    Colonel Armandolas

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:20 pm

Arya: I totally disagree. Currently, the CDs have granted themselves excessive powers and have often went against the collective wishes of clans. Nor are they especially accountable when they make (adverse) decisions. This being the case, we should be allowed to pick CDs who we think will strive to represent the collective community, instead of our current system that is much more conducive to power brokering. If we pick the CDs then clans can take greater ownership of whatever happens.

As for the duties, that is an easy breakdown that can be stated up front. If everyone is there to do their duties without confrontation, then a meshing of personalities is not especially important. And frankly, what about CDs who clan leaders/members think they can easily deal with? Does that somehow get thrown out the window in favor of a very small group of people supposedly maximizing their comfort levels?
    Major ViperOverLord

Postby Gilligan on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:24 pm

Leehar wrote:Thanks for all the Applications everyone. I still want to overtake the TD's record of 11, so keep the Apps rolling in!

I think I had more than 11 when I was Ent Head.
    Captain Gilligan

Postby Lindax on Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:06 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:Arya: I totally disagree. Currently, the CDs have granted themselves excessive powers and have often went against the collective wishes of clans. Nor are they especially accountable when they make (adverse) decisions. This being the case, we should be allowed to pick CDs who we think will strive to represent the collective community, instead of our current system that is much more conducive to power brokering. If we pick the CDs then clans can take greater ownership of whatever happens.

As for the duties, that is an easy breakdown that can be stated up front. If everyone is there to do their duties without confrontation, then a meshing of personalities is not especially important. And frankly, what about CDs who clan leaders/members think they can easily deal with? Does that somehow get thrown out the window in favor of a very small group of people supposedly maximizing their comfort levels?

I think you need to take a step back and look at the big picture here Viper.

CC is a commercial website.

CC decided to create an area where clans can meet, have discussions, have clan wars, tournaments, etc. CC obviously needs people to channel all this stuff, i.e., facilitate and moderate. So, CC puts a team of volunteers into place to do exactly that.

There is no other area on CC where members get to give as much input and their say on the way things are done. Now you want to take it a step further and you would like the clans to take over this area by electing the volunteers? Basically you're asking for independence. Would you agree with that if you were CC?

Be happy CC create this area and be even happier that people are willing to dedicate their time and effort to make this area work.

Lx

PS: Did you apply for a CD position? That would give you a chance to "improve" things.

PPS: "Good enough is good enough, whilst perfection is a pain in the ass and often not worth the trouble anyway". That's a quote my wife throws at me regularly. Off topic, I know. It's a reaction to what you said to qwert in another thread. You attack him for trying to be perfect, yet you're the first one to complain when things aren't perfect in your opinion. I don't think he was trying to be perfect, I think he was trying to be practical. Have you ever run, or tried to run, anything of the magnitude of CL5? Do you have any idea how much more work it is to gather results, etc., if you can't rely on game labels?
    "Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
    Colonel Lindax
    Tournament Director
    Tournament Director

Postby The Voice on Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:12 pm

Lindax wrote:
    ViperOverLord wrote:Arya: I totally disagree. Currently, the CDs have granted themselves excessive powers and have often went against the collective wishes of clans. Nor are they especially accountable when they make (adverse) decisions. This being the case, we should be allowed to pick CDs who we think will strive to represent the collective community, instead of our current system that is much more conducive to power brokering. If we pick the CDs then clans can take greater ownership of whatever happens.

CC decided to create an area where clans can meet, have discussions, have clan wars, tournaments, etc. CC obviously needs people to channel all this stuff, i.e., facilitate and moderate. So, CC puts a team of volunteers into place to do exactly that.

There is no other area on CC where members get to give as much input and their say on the way things are done. Now you want to take it a step further and you would like the clans to take over this area by electing the volunteers? Basically you're asking for independence. Would you agree with that if you were CC?

Be happy CC create this area and be even happier that people are willing to dedicate their time and effort to make this area work.

Lx

PS: Did you apply for a CD position? That would give you a chance to "improve" things.

PPS: "Good enough is good enough, whilst perfection is a pain in the ass and often not worth the trouble anyway". That's a quote my wife throws at me regularly. Off topic, I know. It's a reaction to what you said to qwert in another thread. You attack him for trying to be perfect, yet you're the first one to complain when things aren't perfect in your opinion. I don't think he was trying to be perfect, I think he was trying to be practical. Have you ever run, or tried to run, anything of the magnitude of CL5? Do you have any idea how much more work it is to gather results, etc., if you can't rely on game labels?

Game. Set. Match. Eloquent reply, Lindax. So Mr. Viper and Ms. VoIet...have either of you put your money where your mouths are? Or are you just big talkers?
    Major The Voice

Postby lokisgal on Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:22 pm

plus 1

If viper and violet want to complain then I think they ought to name names or be more specific. We are talking about people giving up their time to do this - be glad and happy that anyone wants to take time out of their real world lives to take this on
    Major lokisgal
    SoC Training Adviser

Postby Gilligan on Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:41 pm

Lindax wrote:

Lx

Nicely said.
    Captain Gilligan

Postby Armandolas on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:01 pm

Votes will bring more drama. No more of that drama needed i guess.
    People should apply and Cd people should gather some opinions outside their bubble.But decision should be theirs.

Lindax wrote:and be even happier that people are willing to dedicate their time and effort to make this area work.

Agree 200%

Lindax wrote:Be happy CC create this area ....

Now thats the part i dont understand.What did CC actually create in the clan world?
    In my understanding volunteers and clans created this.Not CC
    This gaming site as probably one of the worst clan areas ive ever seen. Im am truly amazed about what people have accomplished here along the years. Only relying on a forum to organize everything its heroic.
    So i really do not understand when u say that, but maybe im missing something

I can give u 2 very basic examples but fundamental for someone to consider that CC has its own clan area :
    -CC have any kind of clan ranking..on who do u rely?volunteers...amazing and hard work on f400
    -CC does not have any kind of tool that allows the creation of League tables or cupbrackets..once again who does that?..volunteers have to find other sites/create their own excel to do that

So CC has NO clan area. It has a forum where some dedicated people organize clan wars and tournaments
    Colonel Armandolas

Postby QuikSilver on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:50 pm

That's a big discussion here. I won't comment it, but...

I'm against election for a some reasons, CDs know what kind of work are needed do be done. General people maybe don't know what it takes and don't know the real person behind the name and avatar that they will vote for. It will only be a popularity contest, it may be not take the best candidates for the ``job``.

I think they have a made a great job. Not a good benevole job, a good job, period. I don't see what to complain about. Each decision you make cannot satisfied all.

Finally, I can't wait to see who will be taken! :)

Peace
    LHDD: New Comers 4, CL6 - Second division & Random Cup winners!
    Major QuikSilver

Postby greenoaks on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:49 pm

QuikSilver wrote:Finally, I can't wait to see who will be taken! :)

Peace

i believe chapcrap was the only successful candidate

=D> =D> =D>
    Sergeant greenoaks

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:50 am

The Voice wrote:
    Lindax wrote:

Lx

Game. Set. Match. Eloquent reply, Lindax. So Mr. Viper and Ms. VoIet...have either of you put your money where your mouths are? Or are you just big talkers?

Gilligan wrote:Nicely said.

lokisgal wrote:plus 1

If viper and violet want to complain then I think they ought to name names or be more specific. We are talking about people giving up their time to do this - be glad and happy that anyone wants to take time out of their real world lives to take this on

+1

greenoaks wrote:
    QuikSilver wrote:Finally, I can't wait to see who will be taken! :)

Peace

i believe chapcrap was the only successful candidate

=D> =D> =D>

If true, I'm not surprised.
    Cook iAmCaffeine

Next

Return to Clan Archives