Conquer Club

Krazy Kingdoms [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Krazy Kingdoms - XML /Map Updated (9/2)

Postby dolomite13 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:45 am

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:
dolomite13 wrote:I am looking at the map and the starting forces and I think that 5 neutral on those 4 territories will be fine but I remembered that I wanted to change 4 others to 5 neutral also.

This keeps starting advancement towards other players slow at the start but also makes sure all 8 kingdoms have 1 territory that's 5 neutral they have to take for get all 4 favored.

XML That Matches Map Below
kk9.xml

=D13=

I agree that if you're going to have the territories being 5 neutral, then you should have one of each. It also divides the map nicely so that there's a pair of territories in each section without breaking a 5.

Yep one of each land type, each has 4 bordering territories so they are the same for all kingdoms. 2 radiation, 2 minions, 2 mines and 1 cavern and one with no relation to a special feature. Which means there is additional incentive to break those 5's and not just leave them as buffers. And theyu are basically on all of the main choke points. So you could go straight across the map through all 3's a total of 12 neutral armies to get to an opponent or through the 5 and 11 neutral armies to get to an opponent.

I like it like this ... it should slow things down a bit even in 4v4 when people stack and... each player has the opportunity to conquer 2 territories before possible conflict.

Right now the choice kingdom/special feature combos based on conquering only 3's are as follows.

- Treefolk/Undead - 2 territories gets +3 bonus
- Dragonkin/Undead: 2 territories gets +3 bonus
- Sphynx/Miners - 2 territories gets a +3 bonus
- Yeti/Undead - 2 territories gets a +2 bonus
- Gnome/Cultists - 2 territories gets a +2 bonus
- Lizardmen/Dwellers - 2 territories gets a +2 bonus
- Human/Demonic - 2 territories gets a +1 bonus
- Murklord/Dwellers - 2 territories gets a +1 bonus

So if you run across Undead Treefolk or Undead Dragonkin pay close attention ;)

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby DearCyrus on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:54 am

Looking forward to trying this out AS SOON as it hits beta! ;)
Corporal 1st Class DearCyrus

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:35 pm

dolomite13 wrote:Yep one of each land type, each has 4 bordering territories so they are the same for all kingdoms. 2 radiation, 2 minions, 2 mines and 1 cavern and one with no relation to a special feature. Which means there is additional incentive to break those 5's and not just leave them as buffers. And theyu are basically on all of the main choke points. So you could go straight across the map through all 3's a total of 12 neutral armies to get to an opponent or through the 5 and 11 neutral armies to get to an opponent.

I like it like this ... it should slow things down a bit even in 4v4 when people stack and... each player has the opportunity to conquer 2 territories before possible conflict.

Right now the choice kingdom/special feature combos based on conquering only 3's are as follows.

- Treefolk/Undead - 2 territories gets +3 bonus
- Dragonkin/Undead: 2 territories gets +3 bonus
- Sphynx/Miners - 2 territories gets a +3 bonus
- Yeti/Undead - 2 territories gets a +2 bonus
- Gnome/Cultists - 2 territories gets a +2 bonus
- Lizardmen/Dwellers - 2 territories gets a +2 bonus
- Human/Demonic - 2 territories gets a +1 bonus
- Murklord/Dwellers - 2 territories gets a +1 bonus

So if you run across Undead Treefolk or Undead Dragonkin pay close attention ;)

=D13=

I like how this works out. There will always be better combinations than others, but I don't think the differences will make it an automatic win and I believe knowing the map and skill level will affect the outcome a lot.

BTW, I noticed there's a neutral 7 floating over the three caverns for the Dwellers on the right special abilities area. Is that there for some reason or was that image just a photoshop generated image that you mistakenly moved a neutral 7 to there?
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby dolomite13 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:42 pm

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:BTW, I noticed there's a neutral 7 floating over the three caverns for the Dwellers on the right special abilities area. Is that there for some reason or was that image just a photoshop generated image that you mistakenly moved a neutral 7 to there?

Yea that doesn't belong there ... the Dwellers are trying to revolt against me it seems ;)

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:51 pm

dolomite13 wrote:
-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:BTW, I noticed there's a neutral 7 floating over the three caverns for the Dwellers on the right special abilities area. Is that there for some reason or was that image just a photoshop generated image that you mistakenly moved a neutral 7 to there?

Yea that doesn't belong there ... the Dwellers are trying to revolt against me it seems ;)

=D13=

Alright, that's what I figured the case was :) Looking forward to having this in Beta.. I'm keeping a slot open for it in anticipation :)
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby EricPhail on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:51 pm

Just a thought: aquatic could be very powerful wrt early kills (especially in trench)

(btw just a general question, can killer neutral territory have different start and killer values eg. starts as 7 neutral but reverts to 5 neutral when held?)
Sergeant 1st Class EricPhail

Postby dolomite13 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:32 pm

EricPhail wrote:Just a thought: aquatic could be very powerful wrt early kills (especially in trench)

(btw just a general question, can killer neutral territory have different start and killer values eg. starts as 7 neutral but reverts to 5 neutral when held?)

I believe the answer is no as the xml is coded like this... <neutral killer="yes">7</neutral> ... Not allowing for variable killer values.

If sea's seem too powerful in trench (or other games) as they are we can up that to 5 neutral.

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:16 pm

EricPhail wrote:Just a thought: aquatic could be very powerful wrt early kills (especially in trench)

Defintely not, different values after being held for killer neutrals are a fairly old XML update request. If no one else gets to it before I do, I'll likely end up transferring it to the suggestions forum within the next week or two.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby dolomite13 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:24 pm

Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of the submission of this map.

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:00 pm

Gilligan wrote:Great! Once we figure out how the territory bonus works, this will get stamped. :D

Any update on how this is going? I'm just being excited to be able to play the map :)
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby Gilligan on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:52 pm

test
Attachments
kkt2.xml
(65.66 KiB) Downloaded 517 times
Captain Gilligan

Postby dolomite13 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Ooo were taking a test ... i'm excited ;)
Cook dolomite13

Postby Gilligan on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:07 pm

dolomite13 wrote:Ooo were taking a test ... i'm excited ;)

you saw nothing ;)
Captain Gilligan

Postby dolomite13 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:14 pm

Gilligan wrote:
dolomite13 wrote:Ooo were taking a test ... i'm excited ;)

you saw nothing ;)

These are not the droids were looking for :shock:

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

Postby Gilligan on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:28 pm

Dolomite,

This is me talking about the "kk9" XML on the last page. If this is not the most recent, let me know!

1) It looks like we will have to keep the -1 bonus to simulate a "0 deploy".
2) All of the autodeploy starting positions need an underlying neutral. Without them the max position feature is useless. It doesn't matter the neutral cause you can't attack them anyway.
3) F1, S1, P1, V1, D1, T1, M1, J1 also need a neutral value. 3 probably makes sense since most of the other territories are 3.
Captain Gilligan

Postby dolomite13 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:12 am

Gilligan wrote:Dolomite,

This is me talking about the "kk9" XML on the last page. If this is not the most recent, let me know!

1) It looks like we will have to keep the -1 bonus to simulate a "0 deploy".
2) All of the autodeploy starting positions need an underlying neutral. Without them the max position feature is useless. It doesn't matter the neutral cause you can't attack them anyway.
3) F1, S1, P1, V1, D1, T1, M1, J1 also need a neutral value. 3 probably makes sense since most of the other territories are 3.

kk9 was the last one I uploaded.

1) sounds good
2) yep (done) set to 1 on the kingdoms
3) yep (done) set to 3 on F1, S1, P1, V1, D1, T1, M1, J1

Latest XML (kk10.xml)
kk10.xml
(68.01 KiB) Downloaded 345 times

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

Re: Krazy Kingdoms - XML Updated (9/13)

Postby Gilligan on Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:50 pm

You missed D1, I added it in :)

Attachments
KKFinal.xml
(68.04 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
Captain Gilligan

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:32 pm

Gilligan wrote:You missed D1, I added it in :)

Yay! Does this mean the map is being submitted for Beta play and should be playable as soon as rds uploads it to the site?
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:17 pm

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:

Yay! Does this mean the map is being submitted for Beta play and should be playable as soon as rds uploads it to the site?

Nope. thenobodies80 will give it some time, then send the images and xml to rds, and then we wait for rds to upload them, and then once tnb figures it's time to play, then we get to play!!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:43 am

isaiah40 wrote:
-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:Yay! Does this mean the map is being submitted for Beta play and should be playable as soon as rds uploads it to the site?

Nope. thenobodies80 will give it some time, then send the images and xml to rds, and then we wait for rds to upload them, and then once tnb figures it's time to play, then we get to play!!

So we have about 6 months to a year before this one gets played then? :-s

O:) O:) O:)
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby cairnswk on Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:03 am

koontz1973 wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:
-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:Yay! Does this mean the map is being submitted for Beta play and should be playable as soon as rds uploads it to the site?

Yep, just like the rest of us have to wait. :lol: :lol:
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:41 am

cairnswk wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:

Yep, just like the rest of us have to wait. :lol: :lol:

Well that's no good, I was really looking forward to playing this one this week :( Hopefully the waiting period isn't too long.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby dolomite13 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:48 am

Thanx and Wooo Hooo!!!

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:Well that's no good, I was really looking forward to playing this one this week :( Hopefully the waiting period isn't too long.

Agreed :shock:

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:53 pm

I doubt it will make any difference, but assuming the time between XML and being submitted is to give time for contributors to give final input, then I don't have any more feedback to provide. If it does make a difference, then we could get Eric Phail, Aleena, cairnswk, Gilligan, isaiah40 and Dear Cyrus (the only people to provide feedback in the last 6-7 pages) to drop in and provide feedback if any to fast track the release of the map.

Sorry if I'm being annoying, I've just put a fair bit of time over the last few months into helping with the development of the map and I'm really looking forward to playing the map :)
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas