Conquer Club

BOB 5.3.0

The home of third-party tools and utilities that can enhance your Conquer Club experience.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: BOB 5.2.4

Postby sherkaner on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:21 am

Hopefully I've solved it now (small fix).
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Fewnix on Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:50 pm

Not for me and my team games. I still get just the individual player stats, no team stats. on Firefox, Windows XP. Have swcithed from Firefox to Chrome, It works there.

sherkaner wrote:Hopefully I've solved it now (small fix).
Rule 1
show
Private Fewnix

Postby ztodd on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:06 pm

ender516 wrote:
ztodd wrote:Thanks Bob developers for a great script.

The Help/Info link is giving me this --> Error 404: /downloads/CC/BOB/help_4.6.1.htm is not found at this location

Yes, the Help/Info link has been dead a long time. It's one of the things I would like to fix, but until we move one way or the other with regards to my version 5.2.5 getting to the userscripts.org site (so automatic updates can proceed), I don't want to do too much more to the script.

Is there still a help guide available somewhere? If so, I wonder if the OP could be edited with a link to it.

So you're not able to get version 5.2.5 to the userscripts.org site? I wonder what is the issue? Actually, I just went to http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/52341 (link in the OP) and it says version 5.2.5... did you get that resolved now?

But when I click on "Update Available" in the BOB menu, Chrome gives me the message "Apps, extensions, and user scripts cannot be installed from this website." I found out I have to go download the latest version and then open Chrome's "Tools > Extensions" page and drag the file I downloaded onto that.

I wonder if the OP can also be edited to give this information.
Sergeant 1st Class ztodd

Re: BOB 5.2.5

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:28 am

5.2.5 is out and can be updated thru BOB itself. I have tried this myself and it works. Post here or start a topic if there are any errors.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby ender516 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:17 am

ztodd wrote:
ender516 wrote:
ztodd wrote:Thanks Bob developers for a great script.

The Help/Info link is giving me this --> Error 404: /downloads/CC/BOB/help_4.6.1.htm is not found at this location

Yes, the Help/Info link has been dead a long time. It's one of the things I would like to fix, but until we move one way or the other with regards to my version 5.2.5 getting to the userscripts.org site (so automatic updates can proceed), I don't want to do too much more to the script.

Is there still a help guide available somewhere? If so, I wonder if the OP could be edited with a link to it.

So you're not able to get version 5.2.5 to the userscripts.org site? I wonder what is the issue? Actually, I just went to http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/52341 (link in the OP) and it says version 5.2.5... did you get that resolved now?

But when I click on "Update Available" in the BOB menu, Chrome gives me the message "Apps, extensions, and user scripts cannot be installed from this website." I found out I have to go download the latest version and then open Chrome's "Tools > Extensions" page and drag the file I downloaded onto that.

I wonder if the OP can also be edited to give this information.

The version 5.2.5 found at userscripts.org incorporates both my 5.2.5 and sherkaner's fix for these latest issues, introduced by the tool tips in the dashboard. And yes, that seems to be the way to get BOB into Chrome.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby ztodd on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:32 am

I got it installed ok that way.

Is there a help page / manual available somewhere online?
Sergeant 1st Class ztodd

Postby ender516 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:16 am

ztodd wrote:I got it installed ok that way.

Is there a help page / manual available somewhere online?

Sadly, no. The Help/Info button is currently broken because it linked to an old web page that someone has dropped. Even when it was there, it was a bit out of date. I have it in mind to resurrect that page via the Wayback Machine, rehost it somewhere more reliable, and update it as well. Not sure when that might happen, though.

Postby casper on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:37 pm

Spoils estimates are all wrong in my flat rate games... They appear as 0.XX. E.g. 0.29 and 0.19 for players who have 5 cards. Game 12928629 I'm using 5.2.5.
Major casper

Postby ender516 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:35 pm

casper wrote:Spoils estimates are all wrong in my flat rate games... They appear as 0.XX. E.g. 0.29 and 0.19 for players who have 5 cards. Game 12928629 I'm using 5.2.5.
Hmm, I think I might have noticed problems with these estimates before, with various settings. I should go over that code. Not sure why this would change, but it might be like the problem with recognizing team games when they added tool tips (or "rule tips") on the dashboard (the area of the game page that shows all the settings, just below the map.)

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:59 am

My territory count for BOB is broken in fog games as well. I think it may update when someone starts their turn, but otherwise as they take or lose territories, it doesn't update. I'm using BOB 5.2.5 and GreaseMonkey 1.9 and FF21 if that helps at all.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:28 am

BOB has been freezing on the "Processing XML..." step of loading on Conquer 500 map since the new XML update. According to koontz this is a BOB problem due to not handling some newer XML features. Is there a plan to get this fixed? Any ETA if so?

Also, is there any feedback on the other issue I reported a week ago? The one where BOB isn't correctly counting territories in non-nuclear fog games? It seems to update to the correct number at the beginning of a player's turn (only that player's count), but BOB doesn't seem to count the territories that have been gained or lost. Feedback on this problem would be great if possible.

Thanks to sherkaner, ender, and whoever else is taking care of BOB these days for all the work you put into it, it's a really great and useful script :)
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:42 am

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:BOB has been freezing on the "Processing XML..." step of loading on Conquer 500 map since the new XML update. According to koontz this is a BOB problem due to not handling some newer XML features. Is there a plan to get this fixed? Any ETA if so?

Also, is there any feedback on the other issue I reported a week ago? The one where BOB isn't correctly counting territories in non-nuclear fog games? It seems to update to the correct number at the beginning of a player's turn (only that player's count), but BOB doesn't seem to count the territories that have been gained or lost. Feedback on this problem would be great if possible.

Thanks to sherkaner, ender, and whoever else is taking care of BOB these days for all the work you put into it, it's a really great and useful script :)

This is a known issue and we are looking into it. There are several confirmed that this is happening. Thank you for your patience. :D
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby ender516 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:07 pm

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:BOB has been freezing on the "Processing XML..." step of loading on Conquer 500 map since the new XML update. According to koontz this is a BOB problem due to not handling some newer XML features. Is there a plan to get this fixed? Any ETA if so?

So, can you get me copies of the previous and current XML so I can look for the differences and track down the problem? Do you know what feature is being used now that wasn't before?

I haven't had a chance to look at the fog game counting problem. I think I will start by asking the admins what they have changed recently.

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:12 pm

ender516 wrote:

So, can you get me copies of the previous and current XML so I can look for the differences and track down the problem? Do you know what feature is being used now that wasn't before?

I haven't had a chance to look at the fog game counting problem. I think I will start by asking the admins what they have changed recently.

For Conquer 500, I'm not sure what other changes may have been made, but I know you're able to attack out from the Pit Equipement to, I believe, the Pit Row. I'll let Dolomite know you're looking for a copy of the current and old XML for comparrison.

For the fog problem, I believe the problems started happening after the tooltips were added, but I may be wrong.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby ender516 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:47 am

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:
ender516 wrote:

For Conquer 500, I'm not sure what other changes may have been made, but I know you're able to attack out from the Pit Equipement to, I believe, the Pit Row. I'll let Dolomite know you're looking for a copy of the current and old XML for comparrison.

For the fog problem, I believe the problems started happening after the tooltips were added, but I may be wrong.

blakebowling noted here that things seem to be working now. I saw things as okay at home last night and wondered if my BOBs were out of sync, but it's fine here at work as well.

Postby dolomite13 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:47 am

ender516 wrote:
-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:
ender516 wrote:

blakebowling noted here that things seem to be working now. I saw things as okay at home last night and wondered if my BOBs were out of sync, but it's fine here at work as well.

Here is the diff where BOB broke initially.

http://diffchecker.com/eac16r7y

Here is the changes between the working one and the current XML that I just submitted.

http://diffchecker.com/e35ekozf

Hope this helps

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby EricPhail on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:56 am

Bob has been broken again it seems (another site update I think - given theres a new button saying rematch)
Sergeant 1st Class EricPhail

Postby ztodd on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:21 pm

In case you need to know, in Chrome it's now stuck on the Initializing message.
Sergeant 1st Class ztodd

Re: BOB 5.2.6

Postby sherkaner on Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:22 am

Yep, site update seems to break things a bit. Problem is that the script needs to know the location of some javascript, and that location is changing a bit with site changes. 5.2.6 should fix it for now.
(Note to site: might be useful to give the config javascript element an unique id).
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Swifte on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:41 am

Snapshots don't appear to be working correctly with 12 player games. May not be storing the colors for players 9-12?
Colonel Swifte

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:02 pm

Swifte wrote:Snapshots don't appear to be working correctly with 12 player games. May not be storing the colors for players 9-12?

Not tested in games of 9+ players, but in regular size games I noticed snapshots use the old grey and green.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby ender516 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:42 pm

Whoa, looks like there is some work to do. I hope I can incorporate docchaos's auto-snap feature as well.

Postby notyou2 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:42 pm

BOB has left to get drunk apparently, and no contact information.
Captain notyou2

Postby notyou2 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:33 am

I don't see any other BOB threads. Is it just me that BOB has stopped working for?
Captain notyou2

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:43 am

notyou2 wrote:I don't see any other BOB threads. Is it just me that BOB has stopped working for?

I'm not having any problems.
Cook iAmCaffeine

PreviousNext

Return to Third-Party Tools & Enhancements