Conquer Club

Clan Tags

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Clan Tags

Postby Leehar on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:03 pm

As I'm sure many of you may already have noticed, Clan Tags are now in Beta Activation Mode. (BAM! ;))

All jokes aside, I do say Beta because there are still a few kinks to sort out where some people may not have the tags available on their walls as of yet. (If you'd like to know more about the intricacies regarding why thats potentially the case, more in the spoiler below)

And indeed, it's hopefully not all we want from this feature? I think I already heard a clamour for it to be available on the Scoreboard, and having your Nifty Clans Tag available next to your names on forum posts & in-game may not be such a bad idea? So if you feel like voicing your support for this endeavour, or indeed have any ideas for additional benefits this can be used for or other suggested improvements, feel free to share your feedback with us.
Since Clans represent such a major part of most of our CC experiences, at it's basic I think this feature just aids in proudly demonstrating our allegiances beyond Sigs & Avy's, and can perhaps encourage more people to engage in the Clan experience!

At the same time, I have heard murmurs of discontent so if you feel this feature's costs outweigh the benefits feel free to present your arguments and I'll do my best to facilitate a positive outcome for all parties.

Next onto more technical bits. If you feel your clans tag (AEC instead of ACE etc) is incorrect or not available, please report it to us so that we can ensure the standardised format is consistent with ranking systems, game labels, clan wars etc.

And then, my as yet identification of the problem (with tags not on walls) is basically related to the 1 Clan Rule. Normally it wouldn't be an issue, but since unfortunately some of the usergroups included into the database in Phase 1 of the project aren't clans & take priority over some of the proper Clans I populated later, members of the following groups may have issues until we remove the groups from the clan database (if you'd like to gently nudge the Dev's on that score :)) & have the tags appear:
show

All the Best
Lee
show
Colonel Leehar

Re: Clan Tags

Postby benga on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:06 pm

Clan tag is in the wrong place, it should be next to username in scoreboard.
Sergeant benga

Postby Qwert on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:38 pm

need to fix,i can not see mine clan tag
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Nice idea but aesthetically poor. Why are the spaces after the brackets? To be honest, an addition in the scoreboard and a dedicated line on the profile would look much nicer.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Dako on Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:13 am

Great addition, but I agree that it has to be done on the scoreboard and posts and everywhere else (gamefinder also).

Plus each clan should have a page they can edit and the link goes not just to a membership list but to that page with additional info and everything.
Colonel Dako

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:38 am

Dako wrote:Plus each clan should have a page they can edit and the link goes not just to a membership list but to that page with additional info and everything.

I like that idea..

Go take a look in suggestions.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Dako on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:05 am

I don't fancy graveyards.
Colonel Dako

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:05 am

Dako wrote:I don't fancy graveyards.

I'm not sexually or lovingly attracted to graveyards either, personally.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby chapcrap on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:59 am

Dako wrote:I don't fancy graveyards.

You're so old school.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Leehar on Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:24 pm

Leehar wrote:And then, my identification of the problem (with tags not being on some walls) is basically related to the 1 Clan Rule. Normally it wouldn't be an issue, but since unfortunately some of the usergroups included into the database in Phase 1 of the project aren't clans & take priority over some of the proper Clans I populated later, members of the following groups may have issues until we remove the groups from the clan database (if you'd like to gently nudge the Dev's on that score :)) & have the tags appear:
show

Qwert wrote:need to fix,i can not see mine clan tag

It should be fixed. Let us know if there are any other related issues.

I'll look into the feasibility of the other suggestions

Dako wrote:Plus each clan should have a page they can edit and the link goes not just to a membership list but to that page with additional info and everything.

I'm not sure exactly how 2 links would work? Although each clan can edit their group description etc, so perhaps they can link to their Clan Thread from the current member list?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Dako on Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:13 am

I mean a page like normal wiki page. I was talking about CC wiki to lack long time ago, so people can create pages there like a knowledge database, post guides there, lists like most killed unique opponents, highest scores of all time and so on. Of course clans would have been able to host pages there as well. And the link from profile will go to that wiki page.
Colonel Dako

Postby Gunn217 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:28 pm

Pig Renters is PIG, not PR. It's much more identifiable and can easily be distinquished from other clans that may use a name that starts with a P and an R.
Major Gunn217

Postby Nicky15 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:31 pm

Gunn217 wrote:Pig Renters is PIG, not PR. It's much more identifiable and can easily be distinquished from other clans that may use a name that starts with a P and an R.

Fixed.
Major Nicky15

Postby TheCrown on Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Melkor52 in GON clan, has a PIG clan tag... misplaced of course.
Colonel TheCrown

Postby Nicky15 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:58 am

TheCrown wrote:Melkor52 in GON clan, has a PIG clan tag... misplaced of course.

It was a bug, all fixed now :)
Major Nicky15

Postby chapcrap on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:46 am

Nicky15 wrote:

It doesn't appear that it's fixed. Maybe GON needs to be listed as a clan?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby denominator on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:43 pm

I just noticed this feature! I was surprised as it's in a part of the site that makes it not overly useful - one can already see which clan a player belongs to by clicking on the usergroup dropdown menu on their profile page. As far as I can tell, this is the only place the clan tag is currently displayed.

I would be fully in favour of it showing up in the forums, on the scoreboard, and even in the games.

Also, I agree with iAmCaffiene that the spaces on either side of the brackets are a poor aesthetic choice.
Sergeant 1st Class denominator

Postby Leehar on Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:35 am

chapcrap wrote:
Nicky15 wrote:

It doesn't appear that it's fixed. Maybe GON needs to be listed as a clan?

Yes, I haven't add them yet
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Leehar on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:03 am

Dako wrote:I mean a page like normal wiki page. I was talking about CC wiki to lack long time ago, so people can create pages there like a knowledge database, post guides there, lists like most killed unique opponents, highest scores of all time and so on. Of course clans would have been able to host pages there as well. And the link from profile will go to that wiki page.

I think it's a very good idea to take through suggestions. I know that the developers are definitely going through those in submitted suggs at a remarkable pace, so it would be far easier to implement the idea if it got the requisite support to get through to Submitted.

denominator wrote:I just noticed this feature! I was surprised as it's in a part of the site that makes it not overly useful - one can already see which clan a player belongs to by clicking on the usergroup dropdown menu on their profile page. As far as I can tell, this is the only place the clan tag is currently displayed.

I would be fully in favour of it showing up in the forums, on the scoreboard, and even in the games.

Also, I agree with iAmCaffiene that the spaces on either side of the brackets are a poor aesthetic choice.

I've forwarded the Tags addendums as something to hopefully be added to the previous update, but it may also need to go through the suggestions process, so I'll keep you updated if support is needed to carry the suggs through to submitted and incorporating it as part of the devs implementations process.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Donelladan on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:12 am

I'd like to report another bug.
ttblanch from LHDD, he has a Nemesis tag next to his name.
Last edited by Donelladan on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Masli on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:19 am

don't think that is a bug, I think nemesis is his default usergroup.
Colonel Masli

Postby macbone on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:17 am

I believe that the clan tags are going to be used in other ways in the future. They won't just be limited to users' profiles.

Adding them to the scoreboard and in games sounds like a great idea!
Colonel macbone

Postby chapcrap on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:31 am

Masli wrote:don't think that is a bug, I think nemesis is his default usergroup.

That doesn't matter. The Tournament Directors is my default group and it shows my clan tag properly.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Leehar on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:17 am

Donelladan wrote:I'd like to report another bug.

Yup, you'll find the same issue with me. Nemesis was added earlier on, so members in the group won't have correct tags just yet as it takes precedence over LHDD/ACE/Otp in the database (which was obviously also relevant with the 1 clan rule) etc (LoW however was added even earlier so the likes of maasman won't have issues)

We resolved the issue with most of the other groups, but this fell through the cracks so it'll remain at least until the end of the week when hopefully we can release some new updates for Clans as well.

And then, my as yet identification of the problem (with tags not on walls) is basically related to the 1 Clan Rule. Normally it wouldn't be an issue, but since unfortunately some of the usergroups included into the database in Phase 1 of the project aren't clans & take priority over some of the proper Clans I populated later, members of the following groups may have issues until we remove the groups from the clan database (if you'd like to gently nudge the Dev's on that score :)) & have the tags appear:
show

All the Best
Lee
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Leehar on Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:47 pm

Donelladan wrote:I'd like to report another bug.

Let me know if there are any other associated issues
show
Colonel Leehar

Next

Return to Clan Archives