Conquer Club

TeamCC Callout: Clan Director Position(s)

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: TeamCC Callout: Clan Director Position(s)

Postby Leehar on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:33 pm

Gilligan wrote:
Leehar wrote:Thanks for all the Applications everyone. I still want to overtake the TD's record of 11, so keep the Apps rolling in!

At the same time, remember that this is the best opportunity for you to inform us of your benefits, so be sure to take advantage and elucidate as much as possible upon your merits, and the positive impact you can make to both the CD's & the clan world since we can't always read between the lines.

I think I had more than 11 when I was Ent Head.

I remember 3 applied for one of the graphics positions :lol:

Anyway, applications close tomorrow, we're approaching the 20 mark, so we should have a decent pool of candidates before hopefully drawing a shortlist heading into an interview stage to gain a further understanding of the applicants, as well as perhaps give some a chance to redeem themselves from our initial assessment ;).
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Keefie on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:53 am

greenoaks wrote:
QuikSilver wrote:Finally, I can't wait to see who will be taken! :)

Peace

i believe chapcrap was the only successful candidate

=D> =D> =D>

I smell BS around here and Kort are nowhere to be seen ;)
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby greenoaks on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:59 am

Keefie wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

Peace

=D> =D> =D>

if you visit Off-Topics you'd smell BBS
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Gilligan on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:24 am

greenoaks wrote:
Keefie wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

Peace

=D> =D> =D>

if you visit Off-Topics you'd smell BBS

if you visit clan archives you'd smell BSS
Captain Gilligan

Postby ViperOverLord on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:10 pm

Lindax wrote:I think you need to take a step back and look at the big picture here Viper.

CC is a commercial website.

CC decided to create an area where clans can meet, have discussions, have clan wars, tournaments, etc. CC obviously needs people to channel all this stuff, i.e., facilitate and moderate. So, CC puts a team of volunteers into place to do exactly that.

An election system changes none of that.

Lindax wrote:There is no other area on CC where members get to give as much input and their say on the way things are done. Now you want to take it a step further and you would like the clans to take over this area by electing the volunteers? Basically you're asking for independence. Would you agree with that if you were CC?

Admin has and always will have any final say upon who represents them. Whether they are initially selected by CDs or the community is not relevant to that reality. And I would agree with it if I were CC because the community would be fully involved and it would lessen the inevitable squabbles that are the result of our insider oriented system now.

BTW, Lindax, this is not a new concept to you. You won a TD spot based upon the votes of TO's group. So, I'm a bit surprised that you'd act like this concept is so novel.

Lindax wrote:Be happy CC create this area and be even happier that people are willing to dedicate their time and effort to make this area work.

How does wanting an election system say that I am not "happy" with any positive efforts that anyone does?

Lindax wrote:PS: Did you apply for a CD position? That would give you a chance to "improve" things.

I did not. Given that I've been among the most vocal critics of CD politics, that would seem like an exercise in futility. I did post the opening in my clan forum and there was some discussion there. One clan member has said he would like to apply. I don't know if he'll apply in time or not. I haven't pressed it since I've read about an abundance of applicants.

Lindax wrote:PPS: "Good enough is good enough, whilst perfection is a pain in the ass and often not worth the trouble anyway". That's a quote my wife throws at me regularly. Off topic, I know. It's a reaction to what you said to qwert in another thread. You attack him for trying to be perfect, yet you're the first one to complain when things aren't perfect in your opinion. I don't think he was trying to be perfect, I think he was trying to be practical. Have you ever run, or tried to run, anything of the magnitude of CL5? Do you have any idea how much more work it is to gather results, etc., if you can't rely on game labels?

Not sure what relevance this has to the concept of elections. I've not made any arguments here based upon trivial snipes. My argument is based upon the fact that elections find the best CDs to represent ALL clans. If a CD performs up to their standards then they'll likely continue in that capacity if they desire. But, currently if a CD acts not in the interest of the majority of the clans or even a significant minority; then there is no recourse for the disenchanted (often disenfranchised) clans. That needs to change. If we pick our CDs, we all own it. Enough of this insider politics nonsense.

---

Now, I haven't replied to every other response. But, I'm not surprised to see the same tiresome taunts coming from some members who are the greatest beneficiaries of our insider politics system.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby Gilligan on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:21 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:BTW, Lindax, this is not a new concept to you. You won a TD spot based upon the votes of TO's group. So, I'm a bit surprised that you'd act like this concept is so novel.

Huh?

I definitely nominated Lindax for TD when I was one. There has never been a public vote for TeamCC positions.

You may be referring to the TO user group, which is hardly related to the Team. Not to say that the position isn't prestigious, just...no one ever posts there.
Captain Gilligan

Postby Lindax on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:44 pm

Gilligan wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:BTW, Lindax, this is not a new concept to you. You won a TD spot based upon the votes of TO's group. So, I'm a bit surprised that you'd act like this concept is so novel.

Huh?

I definitely nominated Lindax for TD when I was one. There has never been a public vote for TeamCC positions.

You may be referring to the TO user group, which is hardly related to the Team. Not to say that the position isn't prestigious, just...no one ever posts there.

Yeah, homework Viper. I was a TD long before I was chosen to lead the TO usergroup. Which, incidentally, was after I resigned as a TD.

The rest of your answers in your latest post merely show that you either didn't read my comments properly or you simply don't have anything constructive to say.

Sometimes one is better off by not responding.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby ViperOverLord on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:24 pm

Lindax wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

Huh?

Yeah, homework Viper. I was a TD long before I was chosen to lead the TO usergroup. Which, incidentally, was after I resigned as a TD.

The rest of your answers in your latest post merely show that you either didn't read my comments properly or you simply don't have anything constructive to say.

Lx

I read and responded to all of your comments and even thoroughly broke them down. It's cheap for you to say otherwise. If there's a specific point that you think is paramount that I somehow did not regard then go ahead and note it. And you were in a vote with other people that had not been TD's. And everything I said was in a constructive manner. You're just taking (more) cheap shots to be saying otherwise, which is plenty sad. No surprise, given you started your message on an ignorant, condescending note.
Last edited by ViperOverLord on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby ViperOverLord on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:27 pm

Gilligan wrote:

Huh?

No. There was a TD position that has been put up for vote multiple times. LX won that vote once or twice. Darin44 won it thereafter. And that's a good thing. The community got to choose whomever they wanted to work with and/or whomever's vision they supported. There is no need for a handful of people to have so much power irrespective of the entire clan community.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby Lindax on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:36 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:
Lindax wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

Huh?

Lx

I read and responded to all of your comments and even thoroughly broke them down. It's cheap for you to say otherwise. If there's a specific point that you think is paramount that I somehow did not regard then go ahead and note it. And you were in a vote with other people that had not been TD's. And everything I said was in a constructive manner. You're just taking (more) cheap shots to be saying otherwise, which is plenty sad.

I could have taken plenty of cheap shots, but I didn't and didn't need to.

Lx
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Gilligan on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:37 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

Huh?

No. There was a TD position that has been put up for vote multiple times. LX won that vote once or twice. Darin44 won it thereafter. And that's a good thing. The community got to choose whomever they wanted to work with and/or whomever's vision they supported. There is no need for a handful of people to have so much power irrespective of the entire clan community.

Sorry, Viper, you are wrong...how can you win a vote to be TD twice?

You are still talking about leading the TO group, which does not come with a gold name.

In fact, one specific requirement for this position is that you CANNOT be a TD.
Captain Gilligan

Postby ViperOverLord on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:38 pm

Lindax wrote:I could have taken plenty of cheap shots, but I didn't and didn't need to.

Lx

That's all you did was take cheap shots. You were in a freaking vote with people who had not been TDs and you know that. And you knew that when you were saying that it never worked like that anywhere else on CC. Also, you were being cheap when you said I hadn't regarded your points or being constructive. I most certainly was constructive and did fully regard your points in good faith. So, if you have something 'constructive' to add then go ahead.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby Lindax on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:40 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

Huh?

You really have no clue, do you. You are talking about running the TO usergroup. I did that for one term (6 months) then Darin took over. I decided not to put myself up for election for a second term. Again, that was after I resigned as a TD. As a matter of fact TDs aren't even allowed to run that usergroup.

You want a cheap shot? This is all public information, relatively simple to understand for most people. What are you on to make you so thick?

Lx
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby ViperOverLord on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:44 pm

Lindax wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

Huh?

You really have no clue, do you. You are talking about running the TO usergroup. I did that for one term (6 months) then Darin took over. I decided not to put myself up for election for a second term. Again, that was after I resigned as a TD. As a matter of fact TDs aren't even allowed to run that usergroup.

You want a cheap shot? This is all public information, relatively simple to understand for most people. What are you on to make you so thick?

Lx

I knew it was a vote for TD or something related (But fine; TO group leader). The specifics aren't especially consequential. Either way, another community on CC got to choose who represented them and that was my point. And yes, you've taken cheap shots. I regarded your post fully and you still haven't bothered to say how I didn't do so. And it's cheap for you to say I'm not being constructive. I've regarded improving the system. Just because you don't agree doesn't make it not constructive.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby chemefreak on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:46 pm

Locking this one up before you two get yourselves in trouble.

Also, all the submissions are being reviewed and we will be back shortly.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃ Š² руŠŗŠ¾ŃŃ‚ŠŗŠ°Ń…
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Allowing ordinary members to vote CDs just leaves room for clan bias.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby ViperOverLord on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:47 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Allowing ordinary members to vote CDs just leaves room for clan bias.

There's 'bias' in any option. And I'd have clan leaders vote in the CDF. A voting system creates an accountability that is not existent now.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby Lindax on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:33 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Allowing ordinary members to vote CDs just leaves room for clan bias.

There's 'bias' in any option. And I'd have clan leaders vote in the CDF. A voting system creates an accountability that is not existent now.

Ok Viper. Not trying to be an ass. Please explain how that creates accountability (and to whom) and why that is important (and to whom).

Also, why do you say there is no accountability now?

Lx
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby VioIet on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:42 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:

What about a half/half decision?

Members can nominate someone who they think will be good in the role, and maybe the three people with the most nominations can be selected for review. Of course, those voted, must accept the nomination to indicate that they actually would be interesting and willing to take on the responsibilities and duties of the position. Then the current cd team interviews and ends up selecting one of those three.
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby greenoaks on Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:42 pm

VioIet wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:

What about a half/half decision?

Members can nominate someone who they think will be good in the role, and maybe the three people with the most nominations can be selected for review. Of course, those voted, must accept the nomination to indicate that they actually would be interesting and willing to take on the responsibilities and duties of the position. Then the current cd team interviews and ends up selecting one of those three.

what if they are not suitable?
if they need to agree to the nomination what is stopping them from applying with the current method?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby ViperOverLord on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:30 am

Lindax wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:

Ok Viper. Not trying to be an ass. Please explain how that creates accountability (and to whom) and why that is important (and to whom).

Lx

Are you unfamiliar with the concept that elections create an inherent accountability? And accountability is hugely important for many reasons. A process that fully respects and embraces all clans equally will help to save hours of conflicts in the future. Perhaps, you are unfamiliar with some of the more recent issues; but many people were left with a sense that there is an us and them reality in the clan world.

Maybe, many of us are hesitant to discuss it, but a rogue CD(s) can do a lot of damage. And we need a process in which we as clans can collectively choose the most desirable CDs. And I say that with all due respect to those who are serving as CDs now.

greenoaks wrote:what if they are not suitable?
if they need to agree to the nomination what is stopping them from applying with the current method?

What if a CD applicant is not suitable under the current method of selection? The selection process will never stamp out that concern. However, if you have regular elections, clans will tend to find optimal CD's imo.

VioIet wrote:What about a half/half decision?
ate someone who they think will be good in the role, and maybe the three people with the most nominations can be selected for review. Of course, those voted, must accept the nomination to indicate that they actually would be interesting and willing to take on the responsibilities and duties of the position. Then the current cd team interviews and ends up selecting one of those three.
Members can nomin

Then you still have a situation in which CDs are controlling who is in power to a significant degree. I believe that the clan leaders are a very informed group and are capable of choosing the best or otherwise worthy people.
Last edited by ViperOverLord on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby greenoaks on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:00 am

ViperOverLord wrote:

What if a CD is not suitable under the current method of selection? The selection process will never stamp out that concern. However, if you have regular elections, clans will tend to find optimal CD's imo.

i only asked because the proposal was 1 IS selected of the 3 highest voted, whereas none of them might suitable due to many reasons such as existing conflicts with other CDs or management.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby ViperOverLord on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:04 am

greenoaks wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:

What if a CD is not suitable under the current method of selection? The selection process will never stamp out that concern. However, if you have regular elections, clans will tend to find optimal CD's imo.

i only asked because the proposal was 1 IS selected of the 3 highest voted, whereas none of them might suitable due to many reasons such as existing conflicts with other CDs or management.

Ah. Well if management is admin, then I think they shall have the final say on CDs no matter what the process.

As for current CDs not thinking he/she can work with an elected CD__ Well let me first say that that would hopefully not be a common issue. Regardless, if a CD does not feel like he can work with a certain elected person than he/she should resign. I think it's as simple as that.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby greenoaks on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:58 am

ViperOverLord wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:

Ah. Well if management is admin, then I think they shall have the final say on CDs no matter what the process.

As for current CDs not thinking he/she can work with an elected CD__ Well let me first say that that would hopefully not be a common issue. Regardless, if a CD does not feel like he can work with a certain elected person than he/she should resign. I think it's as simple as that.

so voting for someone who has a problem with the current CD's would allow you to overthrow the regime. i really can't see admin putting in place a system that would allow that.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Qwert on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:32 am

From this discussion,i came to conclusion that Old CD search for new CD who will be suitable for them, not for clan community?

what are actual role of new CD are?

>>Additionally, candidates should have a cool-head and calm demeanor, and be eager to help take the Clans Dept. to the next level.<<
huh, this its so interesting requirements, i wonder why its this important ?

>>For example, We also need individuals who can provide a different perspective,so even being relatively inexperienced in the clan arena could be an asset if you're interested in helping new Clans prosper.<<

Well still not clear what are new CD can do, and how much he will have free hands to make some new changes?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives