Conquer Club

[GP] Weekly/Monthly Challenge Medals

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Weekly/Monthly Challenge Medals

Postby thelord on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:20 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:A little known fact is that Adjacent Attacks tournaments and games were tried before Trench became a setting. I went even more extreme and did a tournament in which you were only allowed to attack certain continents on certain turns. My point is that sometimes testing the validity of a setting might help garner attention for the setting from admins.

So: If I ran a non-official version of this, would anyone be interested?

i'd be in
Sergeant 1st Class thelord

Postby agentcom on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:07 pm

DoomYoshi, I think you're getting unnecessarily complex here. I would just have the mods (Entertainment Team, perhaps?) pick out what the next month's challenge will be. I don't think it has to be completely random.

What do you think about the following as part of your suggestion?

1. Make this a premium only perk; and/or
2. Have a link like there is for Battle Royales, but have it say "Challenge games"

show: Challenge Games Link

The link would take you to a screen that says,

This month's challenge is to defeat 30 unique opponents on Antarctica map. Maybe there would be link to waiting games or maybe they would be premade and ready to join and/or maybe a link to the Create Game screen with whatever options are part of the challenge pre-selected.
Colonel agentcom

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:29 pm

That could work too.

I made the random table because a) Making random tables is what I like to do, b) it's easier and less biased than me just deciding on a challenge. The randomness doesn't have to be a feature though.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:38 pm

Looks unanimous. :)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:09 am

Instead of a General Achievement Medal, how would a new "Game Achievement" medal sound? :)

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby chapcrap on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:26 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:Instead of a General Achievement Medal, how would a new "Game Achievement" medal sound? :)

BMO

Instead of $1, how would $100 sound?

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:48 am

I would quote the guy above me, but that would make this page too long... amazing.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby nicestash on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:50 am

Also, as for points, you should get 1 point for each player in the game you beat, to be split up evenly amongst team members.

Otherwise you get the same amount of points for winning a 1v1 or doubles game as you would an 8 player standard/terminator/assassin
Major nicestash

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:30 pm

Ok, makes sense. I will incorporate that starting next month. Many months it won't matter, as the setting will be pre-determined.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby macbone on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:56 am

Sounds cool to me!
Colonel macbone

Postby Gilligan on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:22 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:Instead of a General Achievement Medal, how would a new "Game Achievement" medal sound? :)

BMO

Yayayayay
Captain Gilligan

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:54 pm

I ran it by El_Jefe, and he and I both agree that this idea is something that we absolutely would love to have to strengthen the environment of the site. I'll be shooting this to submitted.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:22 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:I ran it by El_Jefe, and he and I both agree that this idea is something that we absolutely would love to have to strengthen the environment of the site. I'll be shooting this to submitted.

BMO

Awesome Possum.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby nicestash on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:43 pm

Yes!!!
Major nicestash

Limited Time Medals

Postby RedBaron0 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:16 pm

Concise description:
    While there are a fairly large amount of medals you can gain from gameplay, the amount you can earn is finite. The expansion to Platinum medals is a direct result of that, however they too will be acquired and the player base will once again be asking, "okay, what's next?" Limited time medals would follow the current gameplay medal conventions, but as the name suggests, be available for a 'limited time.'

Specifics/Details:
    There are vast permutations to this, but to start I suggest monthly medals based on the current gameplay medals. Naming convention would do well to base them off the 12 well known gemstones that represent the 12 months of the year.
    The requirements to earning these medals should be similar to the overall achievements, and I suggest that upon implementation that everyone start from scratch, all players on equal footing. Which I would hope will be easier to code than having the code go backwards to figure out current totals based on 7 years of data...

Example: playing and winning against 20 unique players in assassin games during the month of September would earn:
    Sapphire Bronze Assassin Achievement

And this could just be the beginning, we could easily do holiday limited medals, event limited medals, basically anything anyone could pull out of their butt... lol
    And these event limited medals could be reoccurring, or so rare that they only ever happen once.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
    Greatly increases the amount of medals that can be earned by players, making gameplay medals near inexhaustible to acquire. The limited nature of these medals will keep players interested in continuing play on the site, month to month, year to year.
ImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class RedBaron0

Re: Limited Time Medals

Postby betiko on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:16 am

these could be very frustrating medals! inexhaustable medals doesn't sound very fun..
Major betiko

Postby RedBaron0 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:33 pm

There are a fair amount folks who hunt medals. A lot of other free-2-play type games use this limited-time strategy to keep players playing.
ImageImage

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:53 pm

░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:25 pm

RedBaron0 wrote:There are a fair amount folks who hunt medals. A lot of other free-2-play type games use this limited-time strategy to keep players playing.

As you can see from my medal count i m one of those medal sluts. ;) for these ones, you d need to play for years on a given month to one day reach silver everywhere, and this for just one of the month. There really is no fun in there, sounds more like an obligation than anything.
ANd yes, yoshi s concept is much more fun.
Major betiko

Postby RedBaron0 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:20 pm

That is pretty similar there Yoshi, I dunno how I missed it, probably cuz I was looking for my own wording instead instead of different wording. Although it does seem kinda buried at the moment. :/ With Wham around though that might change some, hopefully. Although my concept is somewhat different its likely more than close enough to warrant this thread closed.

Although if could be indulged a newbish question, would I just head over there to offer my suggestions to the existing... uh, 'suggestion,' similar to a map thread?
ImageImage

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:06 pm

I'll merge it. There are some differences (the birthstones for example). I just wanted to make sure you thought it was sufficiently similar to merge.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby RedBaron0 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:20 pm

Sounds good Yosh, thanks.
ImageImage

Re: [GP] Weekly/Monthly Challenge Medals

Postby spiesr on Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:55 pm

IMPLEMENTED
Captain spiesr

Previous