Conquer Club

may now be interested in a clan

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: may now be interested in a clan

Postby TheMissionary on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:23 pm

Technically, any conversation getting to know someone interested in a clan, wouldn't be spamming. :)
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby kiwi3 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:45 pm

TheMissionary wrote:Chris, could you give me some ideas for midday activities in the Ankeny area? I have my early afternoons free majority of the time and no idea about the area.

I grew up in Ames, 20 minutes north of Ankeny, and lived there for 24 years and miss it immensely. Ankeny has one of the best seafood restaurants that I have been to-excellent quality and good price (and I now live on the coast). It is just off the interstate on the west side of town. They have one of the prettiest (and hilliest golf courses on the south side and outdoor 3 wall courts for handball. Des Moines also has the indoor golf dome for when the ground gets too hard to hit a ball outside and when the courses close. I think it is near Merle Hay Mall. Chris is correct, Jordan Creek Mall is very nice and there are some really cool shops eclectic shops close by. There are always the ISU sporting events; but traffic is a nightmare on football Saturdays, (plus they stink). Best to go watch wrestling or basketball.

Kiwi3( aka lynch's better half)
Lieutenant kiwi3
SoC Training Adviser

Postby TheMissionary on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:37 pm

I'm going to see about volunteering at the Academy for Wildlife Education.
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:12 am

TheMissionary wrote:I'm going to see about volunteering at the Academy for Wildlife Education.

That would be AWEsome ;)
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby fishydance on Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:55 am

kiwi3 wrote:
TheMissionary wrote:Chris, could you give me some ideas for midday activities in the Ankeny area? I have my early afternoons free majority of the time and no idea about the area.

I grew up in Ames, 20 minutes north of Ankeny, and lived there for 24 years and miss it immensely. Ankeny has one of the best seafood restaurants that I have been to-excellent quality and good price (and I now live on the coast). It is just off the interstate on the west side of town. They have one of the prettiest (and hilliest golf courses on the south side and outdoor 3 wall courts for handball. Des Moines also has the indoor golf dome for when the ground gets too hard to hit a ball outside and when the courses close. I think it is near Merle Hay Mall. Chris is correct, Jordan Creek Mall is very nice and there are some really cool shops eclectic shops close by. There are always the ISU sporting events; but traffic is a nightmare on football Saturdays, (plus they stink). Best to go watch wrestling or basketball.

Another former Iowan!! I crew up in Cedar Falls/Waterloo (heading there today to visit family). Moved north to work at the Mayo Clinic, but I miss my Iowa roots. Great place to grow up.
Colonel fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby laughingcavalier on Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:59 am

fishydance wrote:
kiwi3 wrote:

Another former Iowan!! I crew up in Cedar Falls/Waterloo (heading there today to visit family). Moved north to work at the Mayo Clinic, but I miss my Iowa roots. Great place to grow up.

The Mayo clinic is for counselling condiments with identity crises? Or weight-gain for anorexics?
PS Mayo is the perfect topping for a spam sandwich.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:42 am

You beat me to it LC. I read Mayo and immediately thought of Hellman's [full coronary, none of that lite nonsense].
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Haha, I don't think of Mayonnaise like some of you starving feckers.

Mayo is a county in Ireland, so I get reminded of the Saw Doctor's song every time I see that word. :lol: :
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby kiwi3 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:09 pm

uote="laughingcavalier"]
fishydance wrote:
kiwi3 wrote:

The Mayo clinic is for counselling condiments with identity crises? Or weight-gain for anorexics?
PS Mayo is the perfect topping for a spam sandwich.

[/quote]

Im not sure if you guys are serious or not. Mayo clinic is one of the best hospitals in the world. People come from all over the world to have very complicated procedures done. Many very wealthy (and others that can afford it) go there just to have their annual physical exams which are so detailed that they take 3 days to complete. The Mayo doctors not only provided excellent treatment to patients and are a forefront in the medical field but they also made the private clinic a non-profit facility (although they did receive a salary). My father has had to go there on several occasions. My experience has been that Mayo clinic is the most people friendly and well-organized medical facilities available. The town of Rochester welcomes the families and caters to them during their stay. You dont see/experience the unfriendly service that you do in many other towns. Many families stay there for long time periods and are under duress especially if it is a child that is being treated there. What a great place to live and work fishydance!
Lieutenant kiwi3
SoC Training Adviser

Postby fishydance on Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:39 pm

kiwi3 wrote:Im not sure if you guys are serious or not. Mayo clinic is one of the best hospitals in the world. People come from all over the world to have very complicated procedures done. Many very wealthy (and others that can afford it) go there just to have their annual physical exams which are so detailed that they take 3 days to complete. The Mayo doctors not only provided excellent treatment to patients and are a forefront in the medical field but they also made the private clinic a non-profit facility (although they did receive a salary). My father has had to go there on several occasions. My experience has been that Mayo clinic is the most people friendly and well-organized medical facilities available. The town of Rochester welcomes the families and caters to them during their stay. You dont see/experience the unfriendly service that you do in many other towns. Many families stay there for long time periods and are under duress especially if it is a child that is being treated there. What a great place to live and work fishydance!

Thanks kiwi3! Needless to say, I'm a bit biased, but I do love Mayo. I was born with medical challenges. Had my first surgery when I was just 6 weeks old, and was not expected to live past age 3. My parents took me to Mayo, and obviously things went well, because I'm still very much alive and kicking. After spending years as a patient, and having so many dedicated people take care of me, I wanted to pay it back by going into the medical field myself. Working at Mayo has been the fulfillment of my childhood dream. Our motto is "the needs of the patient come first", and we live that every day.
Last edited by fishydance on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby TheMissionary on Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:29 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:
TheMissionary wrote:I'm going to see about volunteering at the Academy for Wildlife Education.

That would be AWEsome ;)

:lol: Nice!
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Previous

Return to Clan Archives