Conquer Club

Summer vs. Winter Mafia (6/13) Game Over. Mafia (Winter) Won

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Summer vs. Winter Mafia (10/13) D3: Morning has Broken

Postby StubbsKVM on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:22 pm

spiesr wrote:
kgb007 wrote:he voted spies bc stubbs would have been lynched by spies one vote against stubbs if no one else voted so it was part OMGUS and part self preservation since it forced a (now) 3-way tie in votes against stubbs, spies and saf
Of course he wants to live and the way the deadline works voting someone else is part of that. The real question is why does he think I should be lynched out of all potential candidates.

because you're the one voting me for questionable reasoning. If I have to choose someone, it might as well be you.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby ghostly447 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:40 pm

Vote No lynch Only safe option IMO, not enough to go on, wait till tomorrow to try to figure something out.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Fircoal on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:04 pm

Oh god please no. I'm fine with any lynch just can we please for the love of it all not do a no lynch. That's like saying that you're too bothered to do any work and just want to do nothing. It's Day 3. We've lost 3 townies. We don't have time to sit around and do nothing. Voting no lynch will just give the mafia an extra day to kill. We really should not do this.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby new guy1 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:25 pm

Fircoal wrote:Oh god please no. I'm fine with any lynch just can we please for the love of it all not do a no lynch. That's like saying that you're too bothered to do any work and just want to do nothing. It's Day 3. We've lost 3 townies. We don't have time to sit around and do nothing. Voting no lynch will just give the mafia an extra day to kill. We really should not do this.

Agreed, but who can you endorse to lynch? We didnt make cases on anyone that held, so thats my only withdraw about voting someone.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Fircoal on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:28 pm

new guy1 wrote:
Fircoal wrote:Oh god please no. I'm fine with any lynch just can we please for the love of it all not do a no lynch. That's like saying that you're too bothered to do any work and just want to do nothing. It's Day 3. We've lost 3 townies. We don't have time to sit around and do nothing. Voting no lynch will just give the mafia an extra day to kill. We really should not do this.

Agreed, but who can you endorse to lynch? We didnt make cases on anyone that held, so thats my only withdraw about voting someone.

Considering my vote is on Safariguy, I feel like he is a fine candidate to lynch. Really I think it is less important who than it is that we do.
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby ghostly447 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:38 pm

Fircoal wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

Considering my vote is on Safariguy, I feel like he is a fine candidate to lynch. Really I think it is less important who than it is that we do.

Are you proposing we speed lynch safariguy in an attempt to do more harm than good? Because though I would like to do something, I wouldnt want to lynch, say, a doctor off a speed lynch, 0 evidence, and a gut feeling.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby kgb007 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Fircoal wrote:Considering my vote is on Safariguy, I feel like he is a fine candidate to lynch. Really I think it is less important who than it is that we do.

i already thought something about your initial post was a little off - it looked like you tried very hard to appear town and provide something of substance without actually doing so, it's definitely a WIFOM argument coming in as a replacement but considering you're advocating "any lynching" and that you think your case on saf is the best one...

unvote vote fircoal come on...you had to know someone was going to have a negative reaction to those posts, i don't like lynching someone just to do it, seems pretty scummy to me
Sergeant 1st Class kgb007

Postby kgb007 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:48 pm

Fircoal wrote:I stand that I am still suspicious of him, however I don't think my arguments hold as much water. Because IB was town, that means that now he had to be trying not to lynch IB because he's town, which would lead me to believe that if he is scum Hensow is as well. (That is, he targeted a teammate for a lynch, and tried to avoid targeting an innocent)

it's fine to still be suspicious of saf but if you even acknowledged your original case against saf is no good, why continue to pursue lynching saf?

Postby Hensow on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:55 pm

StubbsKVM wrote:
spiesr wrote:
kgb007 wrote:he voted spies bc stubbs would have been lynched by spies one vote against stubbs if no one else voted so it was part OMGUS and part self preservation since it forced a (now) 3-way tie in votes against stubbs, spies and saf
Of course he wants to live and the way the deadline works voting someone else is part of that. The real question is why does he think I should be lynched out of all potential candidates.

because you're the one voting me for questionable reasoning. If I have to choose someone, it might as well be you.

why not just vote no lynch if you lynch a townney it's one less person the mafia needs to night kill
that said
safariguy5 wrote:I do think stubbs should be a little more careful about voting first and then providing the reason later. Happened yesterday, and again today.

I gather his reason for voting was "I don't want to die" but that's not a reason for voting for "spieser" so the town had to ask. then when you did give a reason it was "why not spieser". this is not helpful.
I'm thinking Stubbs and Fircoal so I'll vote for wich ever of them the ball roles on I suspect it will be Fircoal so
Vote Fircoal
FOS Stubbs

anyway Fircoal is happy with any lynch.
Private Hensow

Postby jonty125 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:04 pm

[quote="jonty125"]Vote Count
Fircoal (2) - kgb007; Hensow
StubbsKVM (1) - spieser;
spieser (1) - StubbsKVM;
safariguy5(1) - Fircoal;
No Lynch (1) - ghostly447

If the vote count were to remain like this at deadline, a 24 hour runoff would be enforced

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is Wednesday 18 September @ 1600 BST.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Fircoal on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:00 pm

ghostly447 wrote:
Fircoal wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

Are you proposing we speed lynch safariguy in an attempt to do more harm than good? Because though I would like to do something, I wouldnt want to lynch, say, a doctor off a speed lynch, 0 evidence, and a gut feeling.

What makes you so sure that a lynch of safari would do more harm than good? I think that in most cases getting a lynch here will do more good than it would do bad. Yes lynching a doctor would be bad, but that is why a doctor would need to play and claim before they do get lynched. Also if you don't want to lynch a doctor we do have claimed vanilla townies that we can try to lynch.

The problem is no one is trying to supply any evidence or what not here. I'm not the player who likes to go off of gt feelings or intuition (unlike some of my peers) however because I can't find any more concrete evidence that is all I have to back up on.

kgb007 wrote:

Fircoal wrote:Considering my vote is on Safariguy, I feel like he is a fine candidate to lynch. Really I think it is less important who than it is that we do.

i already thought something about your initial post was a little off - it looked like you tried very hard to appear town and provide something of substance without actually doing so, it's definitely a WIFOM argument coming in as a replacement but considering you're advocating "any lynching" and that you think your case on saf is the best one...

unvote vote fircoal come on...you had to know someone was going to have a negative reaction to those posts, i don't like lynching someone just to do it, seems pretty scummy to me

You already thought something about my initial post was a little off? And you said nothing about it? I don't see what benefit that would give town to keep quiet. The fact that you build this traction only when pressure is building against me seems quite suspicious in my opinion. And if you did not notice, I did provide something of substance. Read back to what I wrote. For the time it made a lot of sense.

I bolded something very important that you wrote there. Please read over it for a second. It seems you are trying to turn something on me when really what I am doing makes perfect sense. I would like to see a lynch, yes that is obvious. There have been discussions on the benefit of lynches and it's pretty much been decided that lynches are much better than no lynches for town. So being a town I would like to get a lynch. Now if I were to get a lynch of course who would I want to see get lynched? Well the person who I find most suspicious. Which was saf. How is that news? Of course being presented nothing I would find my own gut feelings the best to trust.

Actually it's more scummy to not lynch someone than to lynch a random person.

kgb007 wrote:
Fircoal wrote:I stand that I am still suspicious of him, however I don't think my arguments hold as much water. Because IB was town, that means that now he had to be trying not to lynch IB because he's town, which would lead me to believe that if he is scum Hensow is as well. (That is, he targeted a teammate for a lynch, and tried to avoid targeting an innocent)

it's fine to still be suspicious of saf but if you even acknowledged your original case against saf is no good, why continue to pursue lynching saf?

Gut feeling. Also just the lack of attention he has put here. I'm find the attention he has put here and where he put it as suspicious.

For the record for those of you who don't know why a no lynch is bad. Just consider what is happening right now. If everyone simply said there is nothing we can do and no lynched we'd end up at Day 4 with one less person and still nothing to go on. However because I was so certain that I want someone lynched today we now have some discussion and people are going after me. The more people put themselves out there the more town will be able to learn. We simply can not sit back. We must lynch.
Captain Fircoal

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:27 pm

I agree that a no lynch is bad, but what exactly is your reason for voting me fir? As pointed out by others, you haven't brought forth any new evidence to back up your case against me on Day 2. And I believe that case was me hopping on the IB bandwagon as a cover for lynching a scumbuddy. Have you anything new to add to that or are you just going back to an old case to see if it sticks this time?
Captain safariguy5

Postby Fircoal on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:56 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I agree that a no lynch is bad, but what exactly is your reason for voting me fir? As pointed out by others, you haven't brought forth any new evidence to back up your case against me on Day 2. And I believe that case was me hopping on the IB bandwagon as a cover for lynching a scumbuddy. Have you anything new to add to that or are you just going back to an old case to see if it sticks this time?

I am not really adding anything new, nor am I bringing it up to see if it sticks. I'm just going with a gut feeling that I have. I don't think it's a particularly good case but I do trust it more than anything that I have seen brought up so far. My vote is far from in stone and is more to try to get something going.
Captain Fircoal

Postby ghostly447 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:03 pm

Fircoal wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
Fircoal wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

What makes you so sure that a lynch of safari would do more harm than good? I think that in most cases getting a lynch here will do more good than it would do bad. Yes lynching a doctor would be bad, but that is why a doctor would need to play and claim before they do get lynched. Also if you don't want to lynch a doctor we do have claimed vanilla townies that we can try to lynch.

The problem is no one is trying to supply any evidence or what not here. I'm not the player who likes to go off of gt feelings or intuition (unlike some of my peers) however because I can't find any more concrete evidence that is all I have to back up on.

kgb007 wrote:

You already thought something about my initial post was a little off? And you said nothing about it? I don't see what benefit that would give town to keep quiet. The fact that you build this traction only when pressure is building against me seems quite suspicious in my opinion. And if you did not notice, I did provide something of substance. Read back to what I wrote. For the time it made a lot of sense.

I bolded something very important that you wrote there. Please read over it for a second. It seems you are trying to turn something on me when really what I am doing makes perfect sense. I would like to see a lynch, yes that is obvious. There have been discussions on the benefit of lynches and it's pretty much been decided that lynches are much better than no lynches for town. So being a town I would like to get a lynch. Now if I were to get a lynch of course who would I want to see get lynched? Well the person who I find most suspicious. Which was saf. How is that news? Of course being presented nothing I would find my own gut feelings the best to trust.

kgb007 wrote:

Gut feeling. Also just the lack of attention he has put here. I'm find the attention he has put here and where he put it as suspicious.

For the record for those of you who don't know why a no lynch is bad. Just consider what is happening right now. If everyone simply said there is nothing we can do and no lynched we'd end up at Day 4 with one less person and still nothing to go on. However because I was so certain that I want someone lynched today we now have some discussion and people are going after me. The more people put themselves out there the more town will be able to learn. We simply can not sit back. We must lynch.

I did not say anything about whether safari would make a good lynch candidate, but I do not believe at this time it would be wise to go off a gut feeling.

Has there ever in the history of mafia not been a person who lets a case build before bringing it out? Yes, it happens every game. The fact is that, with the timing it is fishy, but at the same time, you should expect things to be thrown on constantly.

We will be in the same place as yesterday? How are YOU so sure we dont have an investigative role who will be able to get us in the right direction?
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Fircoal on Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:14 pm

ghostly447 wrote:
Fircoal wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
Fircoal wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

kgb007 wrote:

kgb007 wrote:

I did not say anything about whether safari would make a good lynch candidate, but I do not believe at this time it would be wise to go off a gut feeling.

Has there ever in the history of mafia not been a person who lets a case build before bringing it out? Yes, it happens every game. The fact is that, with the timing it is fishy, but at the same time, you should expect things to be thrown on constantly.

We will be in the same place as yesterday? How are YOU so sure we dont have an investigative role who will be able to get us in the right direction?

Fair enough. I was just stating what I believe. You are free to agree or disagree.

Well yes and no. There is just something in the timing that makes it somewhat suspicious of what he first felt about me. Also it's interesting to note when he first felt that other people seemed to like what I inputed. It's playing it on teh safer side for sure.

I am not sure that wae don't have an investigative role to lead us in the right direction. I just don't want to count on them to do a job they might not be able to do. We have to assume that they get nothing or else we'll go no where without their lead. Either we can put ourselves in a position to hunt scum ourselves and then adjust it to the cop. Or we can do nothing and only et something if the cop shows up. The first sounds better and that's what I'm triying to make.

Also sorry about the delay on this post, I'm having a bit of problems here.
Captain Fircoal

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:13 pm

Fircoal, do you want to try claiming? I cant remember if you have but I think you have a couple hours if you have a PR and think we can sway your lynch away nows the time.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby jonty125 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:23 am

DEADLINE HAS PASSED apologies I forgot when I posted the last VC.

No candidate reached the six (6) votes required to be lynched. In total six (6) votes were cast, meaning four (4) was required for a majority. No candidate acquired the votes for the adjusted majority. A 24-hour runoff has been decreed. You may vote the following, and only, the following candidates; Fircoal, StubbsKVM, safariguy5, No Lynch. If after 24 hours there is still no majority, the candidate with the least votes, will be removed and the process repeated.

Rules
1. Thou may only post once
2. Thine post can only a vote
3. Thine post cannot contain discussion.
4. Breaking any rule, will surmount in vote classed as void, and invalid.

All players have been prodded, you have 24 hours from the time this bulletin was posted.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby spiesr on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:30 pm

Vote StubbsKVM
Captain spiesr

Postby kgb007 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:43 am

vote fircoal

Postby Fircoal on Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:04 am

Vote: Safariguy5
Captain Fircoal

Postby dazza2008 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:33 am

vote fircoal
Corporal dazza2008

Postby Hensow on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:03 am

vote fircoal
Private Hensow

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:39 pm

vote Fircoal