Conquer Club

Points at end of game and Ranking

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Points at end of game and Ranking

Postby DawudBeale on Sat May 18, 2013 6:48 am

Hi I wanted to know, how are the lost and gained points calculated at the end of each game? Why does each player lose a different amount of points?

Also how are the ranks determined like colonel, private, leutenent etc?
Private 1st Class DawudBeale

Re: Points at end of game and Ranking

Postby Swifte on Sat May 18, 2013 8:30 am

The answers to all your questions are here: http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=instructions4

To answer your question quickly about how the points won/lost are calculated, the formula is this: (loser's score / winner's score) * 20, up to a maximum of 100 points. so everyone loses a different amount based on their own score at the time relative to the winner's score.
Colonel Swifte

Postby GeeksAreMyPeeps on Sat May 25, 2013 12:19 am

Swifte wrote:The answers to all your questions are here: http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=instructions4

To answer your question quickly about how the points won/lost are calculated, the formula is this: (loser's score / winner's score) * 20, up to a maximum of 100 points. so everyone loses a different amount based on their own score at the time relative to the winner's score.

I've been looking for this info too. I found the formula for how points are won/lost, but I'm not seeing info on what determines what one's score is.
Major GeeksAreMyPeeps

Postby GeeksAreMyPeeps on Sat May 25, 2013 1:26 am

GeeksAreMyPeeps wrote:
Swifte wrote:The answers to all your questions are here: http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=instructions4

I've been looking for this info too. I found the formula for how points are won/lost, but I'm not seeing info on what determines what one's score is.

I think I might have it now. I was thinking that what one does in a game gave a player a certain score (and how that is determined is what I was looking for), but the formula refers to overall point total, doesn't it? So it really doesn't matter what goes on inside the game, the points award is determined solely on the overall points of the winner and loser(s)?
Major GeeksAreMyPeeps

Postby Swifte on Sat May 25, 2013 8:43 am

Correct. Points aren't based on any particular action you take in game or anything like that. It's strictly based on your current score at that moment the game ends, compared to their score.
Colonel Swifte

Postby Murphalot on Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:18 am

Correct. Points aren't based on any particular action you take in game or anything like that. It's strictly based on your current score at that moment the game ends, compared to their score.

....but HOW IS THE BLOODY "SCORE" determined...?????
we allll know about the freakin "Point Formula", but how is the in-game SCORE determined AS the game is being played??

Example:

#1) A player chooses to steamroll through the game, cashing in any set they can, using MAXIMUM troop numbers to guarantee victory?
...or...
#2) A player chooses to be frugal and conservative with troop numbers, deciding to forego the option of cashing a set when available, instead opting to win the game with MINIMAL troop numbers.

CONCLUSION:

Does a player's "SCORE" increase with more troops used, or less troops used for victory. OR does a player's "SCORE" decrease with more troops used --- or less troops used for victory?
...and how about troops lost?
Does a player's "SCORE" increase when losing more troops, or decrease when losing moretroops?

CLARITY is needed on this topic A.S.A.P. ....those of you long-time players reading this, if you know any super conquer-club experts out there whom can clear up this dilemma, PLEASE point them this way.!!
Thanks very much for your time everyone! :)
Major Murphalot

Postby macbone on Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:57 am

Murph, there is no "in-game score." To what are you referring? How a player plays is up to them, but there's no score that gauges how a game has been played.

The only score that is recorded in the game is a player's site-wide score at the beginning of a game and a player's site-wide score at the end of the game.
Colonel macbone

Postby GeeksAreMyPeeps on Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:49 pm

Murphalot wrote:

....but HOW IS THE BLOODY "SCORE" determined...?????
we allll know about the freakin "Point Formula", but how is the in-game SCORE determined AS the game is being played??

Example:

#1) A player chooses to steamroll through the game, cashing in any set they can, using MAXIMUM troop numbers to guarantee victory?
...or...
#2) A player chooses to be frugal and conservative with troop numbers, deciding to forego the option of cashing a set when available, instead opting to win the game with MINIMAL troop numbers.

CONCLUSION:

Does a player's "SCORE" increase with more troops used, or less troops used for victory. OR does a player's "SCORE" decrease with more troops used --- or less troops used for victory?
...and how about troops lost?
Does a player's "SCORE" increase when losing more troops, or decrease when losing moretroops?

CLARITY is needed on this topic A.S.A.P. ....those of you long-time players reading this, if you know any super conquer-club experts out there whom can clear up this dilemma, PLEASE point them this way.!!
Thanks very much for your time everyone! :)

It doesn't matter how you play, or whether you complete crush an enemy (or are crushed) or win a very close game. The point you are awarded when you win are calculated by the difference in players' overall rankings. Right now you have 2191 points and I have 1777. If we were to play against each other, regardless of how well either of us play, if I win, I'd gain 25 points [based on the formula (2191/1777)*20] and you would lose 25. Similarly, if you were to win, you'd gain 16 points and I'd lose 16 [(1777/2191)*20].
That's why some people attack lower-ranked players first in games. They stand to lose more points if those players win.
Major GeeksAreMyPeeps

Postby Murphalot on Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:29 pm

ohhhhh! THANK YOU for the clarity! now thats what i was looking for... i only needed to see the actual numbers in an example. thanks :)
Major Murphalot

Postby smithallan on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:56 pm

I totally understand the scoring and formula for points. My semi-related question is: If the formula is based on both players' score at the end of the game, what's the point in showing the scores at the beginning? Ive had games where I had a lower score than my opponent at the beginning, signed up hoping to gain more than 20, and right before winning, I won a different 12 player game, scoring over 200 points, which put me higher than my opponent so I only gained 20, instead of 22 or 23. Not crying over 2 or 3 points, just curious. Seems to me like the score should be based on your starting points, not final.
Major smithallan

Postby GeeksAreMyPeeps on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:39 pm

smithallan wrote:I totally understand the scoring and formula for points. My semi-related question is: If the formula is based on both players' score at the end of the game, what's the point in showing the scores at the beginning? Ive had games where I had a lower score than my opponent at the beginning, signed up hoping to gain more than 20, and right before winning, I won a different 12 player game, scoring over 200 points, which put me higher than my opponent so I only gained 20, instead of 22 or 23. Not crying over 2 or 3 points, just curious. Seems to me like the score should be based on your starting points, not final.

That would also prevent people from dragging out turns or delaying a win to maximize points won
Major GeeksAreMyPeeps

Return to Conquer Club Discussion