Conquer Club

Space Mafia: Endgame - Mafia W!NS

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Space Mafia: Day 3

Postby dazza2008 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:02 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:Wait, so are we massclaiming or not? Honestly, I don't think we're going to get another day if we mislynch here, we might as well get the roles out and make at least a better informed lynch.

I agree with saf, at best assuming only one person dies in this day/night cycle. There will be 6 alive, so mafia will need 3 to win but with multiple kill attempts each night, I say we have a SK, which might lower the number of mafia players for balance, and literally but it's too early for me in the morning to play with numbers, so in short I say bring on a massclaim and I might be able to show some mathematical workings after I've been on a run.

So you believe that we also have an SK after the fact a vig turns up dead? I find it highly unlikely we would have a vig and an SK. Seems to me your trying for a fear based defense.

That is what i was thinking too. He mentioned a busdriver too. Would there be a busdriver in a newbie game? I doubt it. I think Jonty is throwing everything out to try and survive.
Corporal dazza2008

Re: Space Mafia: Night 2

Postby jonty125 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:16 am

DoomYoshi wrote:The commander knew what he must do this night. It was time to start shutting down areas of the base until mainbase security forces could arrive. This was the only thing he could do to prevent violence. Little did he know, this was to be the bloodiest night in recent memory.

Once the night started, the security system was temporarily overrode. Nobody would know of this until the morning though, when the logs were searched through. All that was known is that the door to TheForgivenÒne`s room was broken open and he was dead on the floor (Vanilla Townie down). standing in the doorway with a gun in his hand was gregwolf21 (vig) who had fallen but still propped up by the door.

Meanwhile a long bloody hallway ended at the body of stubbz (hider) who was out doing a mission for the base.

My keyboard is now sucking too (specifically the backspace and delete buttons) so the scene is short but accurate.

Greg shot TFO
Who shot greg?
Who shot stubbs?

Must be a mafia, SK combo. From the scene stubbs can't have hidden behind TFO or greg, because he is in a different location. Busdriver is perfectly possible in a newbie game. There's a vig for heaven's sake, imagine how much damage a newb vig could of done.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:09 pm

It was already explained.

Stubbs was a hider. He died because whoever he hid behind was mafia. he died passively.

gregwolf was the Vig. he killed TFO.

Mafia killed TFO.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby dazza2008 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:20 pm

It can cause a lot of damage and clearly has but its hardly a complicated role.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:18 pm

Yeah, based on jonty's defense and rather convoluted arguments, I think Occam's razor points to the three deaths excluding any SKer.

unvote vote jonty
Captain safariguy5

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:31 pm

vote jonty

i believe we got the first mafia.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby new guy1 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:10 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:vote jonty

i believe we got the first mafia.

We better hope so. Any comments before I hammer? If it is not done by tomorrow morning/afternoon (whenever I wake up) then I am willing to hammer. I thought he was scummy around the point in time where he started throwing everything he had, plus he didnt want to claim.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:17 pm

I think I was the hammer.

Dazza, Benga, Safari and myself.

Takes 4 to lynch.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby new guy1 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:20 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:I think I was the hammer.

Dazza, Benga, Safari and myself.

Takes 4 to lynch.

Ahh, didnt know for sure. If not, then like I said, Ill hammer tomorrow.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:39 am

That's a lynch. Not quite a mislynch, but it still leads to endgame.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:54 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:That's a lynch. Not quite a mislynch, but it still leads to endgame.
x

Let me guess...jonty was an SK.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:21 pm

yea, scene tomorrow or the next day... pretty busy
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:56 am

A frantic mood beset the base. With the blood of the night before; it was only a matter of time before they quickly dispatched the perpetrator of the crimes. When they saw who he was, and found evidence of their deeds, they thought they had won. Everyone rested easy.

Jonty, SK has been lynched.

Little did they know that when they woke up, the base was crawling with life. The first batch of settlers arrived. As safariguy and dazza tried to find their captain, they saw Iron Butterfly making a cutthroat symbol to them. If they didn`t quiet down, they would join the floating unknown. Oh well. If you can`t beat them, join them. This was the start of a new era for humanity. The Blacktron faction stole the parts and built a base on the moon. For the first time in earth history, nations banded together to fight the enemy. The upcoming battles would last eons. And you were all there for the start.

In one corner of the Moon, there still exists a prototype robot, waiting for his friend to return. Unbeknownst to man, AI has been achieved... just waiting for the next adventure to start.

Mafia wins!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, perhaps mafia was a bit overpowered, I was just balancing based around JK9++/C9++ setup and the math all seemed to work out.

I accept part of the blame for mafia`s win. I hope everyone had fun nonetheless, it was supposed to be a quick game so I wouldn`t have to worry about replacements (and it was).

Other parts of the blame:
razorvich, for no action N1
Stubbz, N1 found a safe hiding spot (saf) but then kept looking without telling anyone, so the fact that he uncovered scum didn`t matter

I am truly amazed benga wasn`t lynched. That went well for him, but the newbie card can only get you so far.

Finally, the numbers could have cleared some players if you guys did a mass claim.

Questions/comments/concerns?

----------------------------------------
dazza2008, you are employee #2008, Mobile Tracker.

You have been on this base for 10 years now. Currently your position is to drive out to a location on the expected flight path of incoming and outgoing ships and provide tracking services to them, until they are far enough out in space.

At night, you may track.

You win when there are no threats to town remaining.

Here is a picture of you driving to work:
-------------------------

jonty125, you are employee #125 Space Express

You came here 2 years ago as a test pilot for a prototype ship "the Express". It was slated as the fastest ship in space. After one flight, the project was cancelled, and the ship has been rotting on the moon ever since.

You also had another prototype on that project - a new type of repair bot. He came with you on that flight and you did a test run where you loosened some non-essential parts and he went around tightening them. After that, since you were older now anyways, you switched your focus to robotics.

You are now stationed at the Beta base as a backup in case any of the bases bots malfunction. Over the years, the prototype has become your only friend. He understands you, and you understand him. With the base cleared out, you realize now is your chance. You can kill everyone here, take the fuel meant for Futuron and escape in the Express.

You are the Serial Killer. You win if you are alive at the end of the game and you are a majority of the surviving players. Only then can you get back to your dream of flying the Express around all day.

Here is a picture of your ship and robot pal:
----------------

safariguy5 and grunion, you are employees #5 and #1499, Twin Starfire Pilots.

You are employees of the Futuron Project. You just arrived on the moon last month to ensure the project is finished.
Until the ship departs, you are in charge of the project, but must still defer to the base commander in matters relating to the base. After the ship leaves, you are to follow it for one year in your Twin Starfire and then head back to Earth for redeployment.

You know each other are town. In addition, you may talk with each other at night.

Here is a picture of your ship:
------------------------------
Benga, Iron Butterfly and osujacket: On the surface, you are employees #1969 (Value Man), #497(Galaxy Explorer) and #6750(Sonic Robot).

The truth is more nefarious:
You are all employees of the Blacktron Faction. This is a top-secret program set-up by a series of organized crime families in response to the Futuron Project. As they funded major facilities on the Moon, you made sure to steal the blueprints. When their Futuron ship was started, you made sure that the modularity was suitable for your purposes. Your orders are to make sure that the Futuron never leaves the Moon. Instead, you will bring it to the dark side of the Moon where you can set up a Message-Intercerpt Base and then start your conquest of the Moon.

Benga is a goon. He has no particular powers.

Iron Butterfly is a 1-shot busdriver. Once per game, he can switch two players: all actions which would have happened to these players are switched for the night.

osujacket is the mafia JOAT.
He has 3 different actions. He can only use one per night, and only use each one once per game.
Action 1: Roleblock, pick a player and that player cannot do an action for the night.
Action 2: Strongman. If you activate this power, the mafia kill cannot be protected against (doctor saves won't work)
Action 3: Ninja. If you activate this power, the mafia kill cannot be tracked for the night.

The 3 of you may talk at night.

You win when you outnumber town.

Here is the planned base:
[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090816175758/lego/images/thumb/e/e2/6987_Message_Intercept_Base.jpg/180px-6987_Message_Intercept_Base.jpg
[/img]

If you have any questions, ask me. If you survive to night 1, Iron Butterfly can answer some strategy questions, as he is an old hand at this.

Your fakeclaims are guaranteed to not be in the game. However, you must come up with your own fake roles.
-------------------

StubbsKVM, you are employee #885 Space Scooter.

You have been here since the beginning. You are the only one of the original 14 left on the Moon. Every other one has either died, found a ship back home or an exploration project. Since you were there for those historic days, you have been allowed to be a part of this upcoming historic project too.

You are in charge of making sure the colonists have as smooth of a transition to space living as possible. Your daily duties when they arrive will be to make sure rations are handed out regularly, and ensure that proper phyiscal fitness routines are handled. One thing that concerns you is that no doctors are coming until the second shipment of colonists. Instead, you get additional management personnel.

The first vehicle you used when you arrived on the Moon was the scooter. You still remember the days when that thing had to transport ten times it's weight. With the new transit system, and many more rovers, that thing eventually fell into disuse until it was gifted to you by a Lunar Commander, just as he was leaving. Nobody has ever questioned your claim to the scooter, and you remain the only person on the Moon who actually owns a vehicle. It allows you to get around quickly to the various habitation pods, and every night you may hide in somebody else's room.

Each night, you can choose to Hide behind a player in the game, which will protect you in the event you'd ordinarily be targeted for a nightkill.
If you Hide behind a player who is to be nightkilled, you'll die along with them.
If you Hide behind a Mafia member or a Serial Killer, you'll also die.

You win when town wins.

--------------------------
Rocket Base Team
Jailkeeper
VT
VT

Razorvich, you are employee #7451, Rocket Base Commander.

Everything that goes on at the base is under your command and, ultimately, your command. You didn't get to this position by taking chances. You are known for being strict and for this reason you were give command of the base during this historic operation.

You have set up strict quarantine protocol, and you are prepared to use it:

You are the Town Jailkeeper. Every night, you can select someone to jailkeep. That night, they cannot be killed but they also can not use any action.

You win when town is the only faction left.

Here is you at base:

TFO, you are employee #13, White Spaceman

You are vanilla townie:) You can vote, and this is your most important duty.

You work on the rocket base watching monitors and sometimes getting out and dirty with the machines.

Here is you working on the base:

Thechuck51, you are employee #51, White Spaceman

You are vanilla townie:) You can vote, and this is your most important duty.

You work on the rocket base watching monitors and sometimes getting out and dirty with the machines.

Here is you working on the base:

Lunar Scout
VT

kgb007, you are employee #007, Lunar Scout.

You are the main driver on the base. You use your scout mostly to transport goods and people now, but you still do some fun detecting.

In game terms, you are a vanilla townie. You win with town and your only power is your ability to vote during the day phase. This is one of the hardest roles to play correctly, so good luck.

Here is a picture of your ride:

Starfire
Vigilante

Gregwolf121, you are employee #121, Starfire Pilot.

You are the head of security at the base. You fly around in your machine making sure that everyone is safe. Normally, this involves making sure everyone is following the safety protocols exactly, but just in case things turn sour, your starfire is equipped with 2 guns.

You are the town vigilante. Every night, you can kill a player. You win if you manage to kill all the non-town players.

Here is your ship:
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: Space Mafia: Endgame - Mafia W!NS

Postby dazza2008 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:27 am

Gutted. I caught the wrong killer lol. I enjoyed it Doom. Cheers.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby new guy1 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:48 am

I enjoyed it too. Good game everyone!
Sergeant new guy1

Postby kgb007 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:15 am

had fun, good job mafia
Sergeant 1st Class kgb007

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:27 pm

By the time Stubbs revealed that info, grunion was already dead and my claim would pretty much have been bulletproof.

I would have hoped for more protective roles with the SKer and the mafia having extra NK powers. Maybe an extra investigative role would have helped too.

GG guys, seems like town was screwed anyways, we were just delaying the inevitable.
Captain safariguy5

Postby benga on Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:29 am

Yay mafia!

Just one thing, is there a thread with all possible rolls?

Is there a way of getting a pm when next mafia opens?
Sergeant benga

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:39 am

Good game guys.

Very surprised no doc or cop, though there was a jailkeeper

Perhaps this was posted. Did the vig do a night one kill or was that the sk responsible. I was surprised there was a SK.
Until the discovery of jonty as the SK, I assumed that the vig was greatly helping mafias cause.

I also got lucky night one with a kill. I was a one shot bus driver and switched myself with Razorvich. I did this beliveng razor would be doc protected and if i were investigated I would come up Town. Turns out Stubbs got killed hiding behind me.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:49 am

vig did not N1 kill
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby benga on Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:52 pm

no one answered my questions :D

so when do we get medals? :D
Sergeant benga

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:00 pm

benga wrote:no one answered my questions :D

so when do we get medals? :D

No medals for new players is the rule of thumb.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby gregwolf121 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:55 pm

good game, all around, no i didn't use my kill N1, i used it on N2 cause i figured that at that time my chance of hitting scum was around 50-50, i just guessed wrong.
Captain gregwolf121

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives