Conquer Club

[Forum] Mark All Volunteer Groups of Volunteeree

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[Forum] Mark All Volunteer Groups of Volunteeree

Postby JamesKer1 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:17 am

Concise description:
  • All Volunteer Groups Should be marked instead of only one being displayed through name color of a volunteer.

Specifics/Details:
  • For example, we have some Global Moderators working in Suggestions, or TD's working in other forums. It would be nice to give an exclusive medal for every area served, along with dates that volunteer served in that area in medal description.
  • Alternative: List all titles below name, with Primary Title affecting color of name.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • People won't get confused why TO's are critiquing their suggestions or the likes
  • More Medals!
  • Serves as a reminder of those who were important that don't title under their name (like ex webmaster, honorary retired volunteer, etc.)

koontz1973 wrote:So instead of medals, how about a list of departments we are involved in. Metsfan said he was also a chatter so under his Head Thinker, add another line to say Chatter. For me that would have three lines: Cartography Assistant, Media Team, Entertainment Team.
Last edited by JamesKer1 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:37 am, edited 5 times in total.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Re: Mark All Volunteer Groups of Volunteeree

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:04 am

Being a cartoe, can I not critique your suggestion? I may not work here, but I do like to hang around from time to time.

As for the medals, we already get them (not me for some reason).
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby JamesKer1 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:04 am

koontz1973 wrote:Being a cartoe, can I not critique your suggestion? I may not work here, but I do like to hang around from time to time.

As for the medals, we already get them (not me for some reason).

Feel free to critique, maybe GM's asking questions about tourneys would have worked better. But you get the point :P

And medals- I see now the General Contribution. I have never noticed that before- and unless they knew to look for it, I don't think most people would. Plus, you can't see it from forums and it doesn't stand out against other medals or medals given for the same reason (not specific as for being a cart, Chatter, GM, etc., just in general).

I'm thinking like colored medals (blue for carts, purple for chatters, etc.) that have a symbol with "Team CC" under them (maybe a map for carts, globe for GM's, bracket for TD's, etc.). Wish I could make an example for you.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Private JamesKer1

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:36 am

My name is already in blue so most know I am a cartoe, dark green for globals etc etc. Why would a medal make any difference to this. I understand that medals are nice for some, but that is not really the reason any of us agree to volunteer. We all have our fields and forums we stick to, but we all float around. I just have no power here. :evil:
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby JamesKer1 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:12 pm

koontz1973 wrote:My name is already in blue so most know I am a cartoe, dark green for globals etc etc. Why would a medal make any difference to this. I understand that medals are nice for some, but that is not really the reason any of us agree to volunteer. We all have our fields and forums we stick to, but we all float around. I just have no power here. :evil:

Medals will help make it clear for those with multiple fields...
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=182669- Chapcrap is Media, Suggestions, and Tourneys, but most people would assume he's just involved in his colored area, tourneys.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=79481- Mets is Chatter, Global Mod, and Suggestions Team. But, according to his title and color we are led to assume only that he is involved in Suggestions.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=133689- Nobodies is Cart, Int'l Mod, and Media Team. We only know that he is Cart.

The list goes on and on. Unless you want to search out every person and see where they have influence, then there is no easy way to see this besides searching usergroups or the likes. Having colored medals below their name would just be something extra- not for the love of medals, but to show where they have served, not just that they have.

I feel like I'm being redundant and confusing at some points with this, let me know if anything needs clarifying and I will try my hardest. Apparently my English isn't very good and it's my first language... No wonder I can't learn Spanish!
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Private JamesKer1

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:26 pm

JamesKer1 wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:My name is already in blue so most know I am a cartoe, dark green for globals etc etc. Why would a medal make any difference to this. I understand that medals are nice for some, but that is not really the reason any of us agree to volunteer. We all have our fields and forums we stick to, but we all float around. I just have no power here. :evil:

Medals will help make it clear for those with multiple fields...
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=182669- Chapcrap is Media, Suggestions, and Tourneys, but most people would assume he's just involved in his colored area, tourneys.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=79481- Mets is Chatter, Global Mod, and Suggestions Team. But, according to his title and color we are led to assume only that he is involved in Suggestions.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=133689- Nobodies is Cart, Int'l Mod, and Media Team. We only know that he is Cart.

The list goes on and on. Unless you want to search out every person and see where they have influence, then there is no easy way to see this besides searching usergroups or the likes. Having colored medals below their name would just be something extra- not for the love of medals, but to show where they have served, not just that they have.

I feel like I'm being redundant and confusing at some points with this, let me know if anything needs clarifying and I will try my hardest. Apparently my English isn't very good and it's my first language... No wonder I can't learn Spanish!

I understand why you'd desire this. However, something to consider is that the staff teams we are on do not necessarily represent our duties. For example, I am indeed an actual Chatter, in addition to being the team leader for Suggestions. But I am not really a global moderator -- I just have that role for a variety of internal reasons. So it would be a bit misleading to list that under my name, as I do not presently work with the other global moderators in moderating the various discussion forums.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby JamesKer1 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:31 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:I understand why you'd desire this. However, something to consider is that the staff teams we are on do not necessarily represent our duties. For example, I am indeed an actual Chatter, in addition to being the team leader for Suggestions. But I am not really a global moderator -- I just have that role for a variety of internal reasons. So it would be a bit misleading to list that under my name, as I do not presently work with the other global moderators in moderating the various discussion forums.

So maybe what medals you get should be judged by the person assigning the medals?
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Private JamesKer1

Postby blakebowling on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:35 pm

I do agree that we could do something in the way of indicating all the departments a specific volunteer is involved in, however I'm not sure medals are the best way to go about it. Volunteers do currently receive a medal for their service every 6 months.
Private blakebowling

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:57 pm

So instead of medals, how about a list of departments we are involved in. Metsfan said he was also a chatter so under his Head Thinker, add another line to say Chatter. For me that would have three lines: Cartography Assistant, Media Team, Entertainment Team.

How relevant this would be or even is I am still not convinced, but if the community would want it or find it helpful in any way, then I would agree to have it added in the form above. As blake and I said, we already get medals.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby agentcom on Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:13 am

What they said ^^^ :) It's not really for the medals that anyone does this, but the medals do serve for a little marker for posterity purposes. I would be that all the mods here would rather time be spent on things other than giving us more recognition. It's a great group like that.

Also, keep in mind that you can see what areas that a person is currently involved in by looking at many places on this site, including the LIst of Moderators and Their Responsibilities or by going to any individual moderator's profile and checking out the dropdown for their usergroups.

For past service, you can look at the GC medals, as has been pointed out.
Colonel agentcom

Postby JamesKer1 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:34 am

Alright, title markers is fine with me :) as long as its more clear. Edited OP to reflect this
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Private JamesKer1

Postby chapcrap on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:05 pm

blakebowling wrote:I do agree that we could do something in the way of indicating all the departments a specific volunteer is involved in, however I'm not sure medals are the best way to go about it. Volunteers do currently receive a medal for their service every 6 months.

Did you have any ideas about a better way to present this instead of just a dropdown on our wall of what groups we are in?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Return to Suggestions