Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 104 02-10-13] Dices, Bots, and Caffeine

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 104 02-10-13] Dices, Bots, and Caffeine

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:38 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 104th edition of the Dispatch :)

Right out of the starting gate, I can tell you my favourite line in this entire newsletter. It is in the Interrogation, and it reads as follows:
Dispatch interrogator wrote:Q. Do you hate dice?
Qwert wrote:A. Of course, any normal person here hate dices. If you one day start to not hate dices, then its time for retirement.

Gotta love that Qwert! If you don't love Qwert at least as much as you hate dices, you need to consider retirement!
:D

The biggest news of the last two weeks has been the Bot Invasion
show

SOS Africa Event Continues
show

And some other late-breaking news:
Late-breaking News and Announcements
show

Here's what we have on tap for you:

The first regular section is Mess Hall and Interrogation Room, which includes the wonderful interrogation of Qwert. But that's not all! This freestyle section also includes a brand new contest run by IAmCaffeine! Prizes? Yes, of course there's prizes! A 3-month or CCup Entry prize to be given away every single issue for 10 issues, followed by a grand prize of a year's Prem. All that, and of course some medals, too. But first, you have to answer the questions so scoot on over to the Freestyle Section forthwith!

The Platoon Report covers all aspects of the Clan scene. It's just bigger and better than ever. IcePack's chart are a delight to look at. Amazing how much data those crazy dudes of the clan world can generate. It's like baseball statistics, but better, because while none of us will ever be Alex Rodriguez or Brett Saberhagen, some of us will be in a Top-10 Clan!

War Games with five big articles also comes close to breaking new records for activity. In the last issue, the section passed the milestone of the 50th tournament interview, and anamainiacks prepared a fine trivia contest to celebrate the occassion. This issue, the winners of that contest are revealed! I won't say anything: you'll have to look for yourself!

While you're down there, check out the latest TPA news, as well as a new interview (the 51st, if you're counting) with danryan.

Cartographic Surveillance covers the Foundry with the usual level of thoroughness. Among other things, there's a spotlight on a cool new map called Ziggurat.

Our Next Mission Brief includes such things as the closing credits and information on how to subscribe.

With no further ado, please enjoy the product of our labours!

Dukasaur - Chief Executive

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)
Click here for Recruitment Details...
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Mess Hall and Interrogation Room

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Hello again freestyle readers. I've got a new Scum Insider, we have a trivia challenge with prizes, Dukasaur discusses his SoC game vs Stubbs, and qwert gives an interview in genuine "qwenglish".

You Stay Classy, CC.

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

Dispatch Trivia - Round 1 of 10 by iAmCaffeine

show

SoC: Grad Perspective by Dukasaur
show

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

show: Interrogation of Qwert
Captain safariguy5

Platoon Report

Postby Swifte on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:28 pm

Hey all you Conquer Club clan enthusiasts! Thanks for checking out another edition of the Platoon Report, where we keep you up to date on the big news in the clan world. And talk about big news, as of September 19th, Clans finally have their very own tab and page on the site! The new page displays a logo, message, the leaders, player count and score information, war record, and even a games won/lost percentage for every clan. This is a really great step towards recognizing the passion and devotion of clan players on the site, and represents the materialization of a long held dream for many. What future enhancements might be beneficial to the clan page? I take a look at some of the suggestions already posted in our first article this issue - which do you like best? What ideas are still missing? Let us know what you think... who knows, with the rate of updates lately, our feedback could lead to updates in the not too distant future!

As usual, we've got some great updates on two of the biggest events in the clan world. Keefie has an update for us on all the action in CL5, while IcePack brings us the latest on Conquer Cup 4. This issue of Platoon Report also brings you exclusive updates on the F400 and F41 rankings that IcePack has been maintaining, as well as a really cool, brand new summary called the Combined Conquer Club Standings (CCCS) that brings together all the current ranking systems in to one easy chart.

Enjoy, and good luck out there on whichever battlefield(s) you may find yourselves!

Swifte
Clan Executive

Clan Page Ideas by Conquer Club Clan Members
show

CL5 Update by Keefie
show

CC4 Update by IcePack
show

F400 Update by IcePack
show

F41 Update by IcePack
show

CCCS by IcePack
show
Colonel Swifte

War Games

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:52 am

Hello friends, and welcome to your favourite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments, and other stuff in the Tournament scene! In this issue we bring you the answers and results of last issue's "Meet the Tournament..." Trivia Contest.

On top of that, we deliver our usual dose of tournament goodness - mcshanester29 brings us another MTTW interview with danryan; DaveH imparts more Tournament Tips and gives us the latest news in the TPA Wrap; and anamainiacks points us toward some tournaments in Join This? Or Not!

Enjoy!

anamainiacks
Tournament Executive

"Meet the Tournament..." Trivia - Results, Answers, Winners by anamainiacks
show

Meet the Tournament Winners: danryan by mcshanester29
show

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show

TPA Wrap by DaveH
show

Join This? Or Not! by anamainiacks
show
Colonel anamainiacks

Cartographic Surveillance

Postby Seamus76 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:20 am

It's Issue 104, which was also a great year for maps, and if you didn't know 104 is also the number of Corinthian columns in the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the largest temple ever built in Greece. So there you go.

ImageEthiopia by cairnswk as mentioned last issue is now in BETA. Number 36 for Conquer Club's Greatest Cartographer has been a lot of fun so far, as I'm sure you would all agree.

Now, on with the show.

Seamus76 -- Foundry Executive

Maps in Development by Seamus76
show

The best kept SECRET on Conquer Club by koontz1973
show

Spotlight on Ziggurat by koontz1973
show

Suggestions for the Foundry by koontz1973
show

And as Alex Berger said, "Maps are the foundation on which adventure is built." Enjoy.
ImageImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class Seamus76

Next Mission Brief

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:31 pm

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of chapcrap!

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to Dukasaur and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 104 02-10-13] Dices, Bots, and Caffei

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:27 pm

The Dispatch is published!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby IcePack on Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:06 am

Great article thanks for all the hard work. Good read

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby QuikSilver on Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:13 pm

It's nice to see Platoon Report in good Health!

When can I read an article about NC4? ;)

btw, great work!
LHDD: New Comers 4, CL6 - Second division & Random Cup winners!
Major QuikSilver

Re: Mess Hall and Interrogation Room

Postby dakky21 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:52 am

safariguy5 wrote:Hello again freestyle readers. I've got a new Scum Insider, we have a trivia challenge with prizes, Dukasaur discusses his SoC game vs Stubbs, and qwert gives an interview in genuine "qwenglish".

Hey can anyone tell me is this a new dispatch and is it trivia active, or this was really posted Jul 17 like it says.....
Captain dakky21

Postby Swifte on Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:27 am

dakky21 wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:Hello again freestyle readers. I've got a new Scum Insider, we have a trivia challenge with prizes, Dukasaur discusses his SoC game vs Stubbs, and qwert gives an interview in genuine "qwenglish".

Hey can anyone tell me is this a new dispatch and is it trivia active, or this was really posted Jul 17 like it says.....

this is the newest issue, but we use a template that was made on Jul 17 so when we copy it here, it appears to be from July 17.

the trivia is live.
Colonel Swifte

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:36 am

Swifte wrote:
dakky21 wrote:

this is the newest issue, but we use a template that was made on Jul 17 so when we copy it here, it appears to be from July 17.

the trivia is live.

Yes.... the actual publication date is in the title: Issue 104, 02-10-13. (02-Oct-2013) Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a good way to get around the problem of the template date being preserved when we copy the completed newsletters out to the forum.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby greenoaks on Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:06 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Swifte wrote:
dakky21 wrote:

the trivia is live.

Yes.... the actual publication date is in the title: Issue 104, 02-10-13. (02-Oct-2013) Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a good way to get around the problem of the template date being preserved when we copy the completed newsletters out to the forum.

i use templates with my tournaments and don't have that problem. create a new thread in the Announcements and copy/paste into it.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:55 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:Yes.... the actual publication date is in the title: Issue 104, 02-10-13. (02-Oct-2013) Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a good way to get around the problem of the template date being preserved when we copy the completed newsletters out to the forum.

i use templates with my tournaments and don't have that problem. create a new thread in the Announcements and copy/paste into it.

Then all five sections would come under my name and the editors of the sections would be robbed of credit for their sections. Also, I think it would reduce the impact of the section breaks if they all looked like they were written by me. To get the sections posted in the proper order and under their proper authorship would require everyone to be online simultaneously, which would be a logistical nightmare to arrange every two weeks.

I've thought of all that, of course. I've also thought about having the different section editors post in separate threads and only merging them out here, but the BB software is too inflexible. It won't let you re-arrange the order of posts in merged threads, so the sections would again be out of order, unless they were made in sequence, which again gets us back to a logistical nightmare of trying to get everybody to post in chronological sequence every two weeks.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Return to Newsletter Issues