Conquer Club

Updates 10/10/13 - Polymorphic, Parachutes, Medals and Clans

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Updates 10/10/13 - Polymorphic, Parachutes, Medals and C

Postby OliverFA on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:47 am

Armandolas wrote:
Leehar wrote:
Armandolas wrote:im pretty sure i will love it. It will be great,i will not rely on a "bad" teammate, i will farm even better, I will win much more because i have more experience in TEAM games than probably half of the 11k players on CC, so i guess it will be cool for my score and own pleasure....But im talking about a big picture here. ..not my own amusement or fun...i believe this will not be benefitial for the overall CC developement.
Anyway, im not a profet neither gives me fun to believe in this. I hope im absolutely wrong.

As others have mentioned, I think this setting is there to improve 1v1 games where there may be lost due to start or bad dice, and instead increase the strategic aspect in those encounters.
I don't think it should be deemed to replace team games, it's just another added option which has its own strategic context

The stats and the future will tell us the consequences of this.
You must not forget that it will not affect YOUR teamgames, because YOU belong to a small niche of players who does not need to find partners to play. You mostly play it with your clan mates or a small group of individuals "you trust".So do i, and so does a minority of the whole CC players.
Someone wrote this "Now i dont need to find partners to play"...thats exactly what i thought...it will be great for me..but it will be great for CC?

As I said, is very unlickely that I will play parachutes or polymorphic, but I welcome them because they seem to indicate that CC is aiming at giving us the choices to customize our games to our liking. I just hope that next update is Infected Neutrals. THAT would be amazing!
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Postby Swifte on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:37 am

bigWham wrote:
jigger1986 wrote:Great updates!

Just a note tho..

I just got my silver BR medal, the top ribbon is blue and silver but the lightning bolt is still green (indicating bronze) is this an error?

well, hold onto the sight of it as a keepsake because it may well change!

same with beta map.. silver medal still has green wrench.
Colonel Swifte

Postby Armandolas on Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:22 pm

bigWham wrote:Note that the Beta Map medal will not be applied retroactively,

Just got mine ... retroactively!! 8-[
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Butters1919 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:43 pm

Armandolas wrote:

I have 55 unique kills listed on my medal stats page. i'm assuming i just need to get one more unique to get the medal awarded. looks like there is some retroactive counting going on!
Cook Butters1919

Postby Paddy The Cat on Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:46 pm

awesome update!
Sergeant 1st Class Paddy The Cat

Postby morleyjoe on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:06 pm

bigWham - Great work you are doing. One flaw in the points given in the Polymorphic game results. At first I thought I was ripped off.

Game 13439820 I gained 20 point beating an opponent with very similar score.

2013-10-11 11:42:00 - BENCLUB lost 20 points
2013-10-11 11:42:00 - BENCLUB has a score of 2021
2013-10-11 11:42:00 - morleyjoe gained 20 points
2013-10-11 11:42:07 - morleyjoe has a score of 2019

Game 13439869 at first thought I lost 42 points to an opponent with very similar score.

2013-10-11 12:10:15 - morleyjoe lost 22 points
2013-10-11 12:10:15 - morleyjoe has a score of 1997.
2013-10-11 12:10:15 - osujacket lost 20 points
2013-10-11 12:10:15 - osujacket has a score of 1854.
2013-10-11 12:10:15 - osujacket gained 42 points
2013-10-11 12:10:23 - osujacket has a score of 1896.

At first I saw the 42 points for osujacket....and was thinking I got robbed. Then realized he lost 20 points.... interesting....

Anyways, good work. After trying a few games, I'm no sold on it yet. And the Parachutes, those are cool.

Butters1919 wrote:
Armandolas wrote:

I have 55 unique kills listed on my medal stats page. i'm assuming i just need to get one more unique to get the medal awarded. looks like there is some retroactive counting going on!

I got mine too. That's because I've won games on maps that are still Beta. :D
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

Postby Armandolas on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:34 pm

ive read this from BB, so thats why i was surprised
blakebowling wrote:
Gilligan wrote:This is a fantastic update!

For the Beta Medal, does it go by game start date or end date?

It will be awarded for games created after the update (basically, now on forward).
Colonel Armandolas

Postby codierose on Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:01 pm

what the f*ck is this bullshit Polymorphic (2) leave the fucking site alone you dick
since you have taking over there's been nothing but bugs and problems and pointless fucking add on wtf
Major codierose

Postby Wudf on Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Awesome. Looking forward to 4 and 6 player polymorphic!
Sergeant 1st Class Wudf

Postby Butters1919 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:03 pm

codierose wrote:what the f*ck is this bullshit Polymorphic (2) leave the fucking site alone you dick
since you have taking over there's been nothing but bugs and problems and pointless fucking add on wtf

While I disagree that the additions are pointless (if you don't like the settings, don't play them), I do agree that the bugginess of the site has gone way up. I used to spend more time poking around GD, C&A, clans, etc. in the forums, but have found myself where I used to never go, Bug Reports.
Cook Butters1919

Postby bigWham on Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:08 pm

Butters1919 wrote:
codierose wrote:what the f*ck is this bullshit Polymorphic (2) leave the fucking site alone you dick

While I disagree that the additions are pointless (if you don't like the settings, don't play them), I do agree that the bugginess of the site has gone way up. I used to spend more time poking around GD, C&A, clans, etc. in the forums, but have found myself where I used to never go, Bug Reports.

I agree we have had more bugs than desirable. When you make no changes, you get no bugs... however this in not an excuse for too many bugs. So what are we doing about it? We are ramping up our Beta Team, putting in place a proper testing system, and building a better testing infrastructure in general.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby sundance123 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:48 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
b00060 wrote:To not make the beta map medal retro is a shame.

data needed for this is not stored anywhere. Much like the random map medal.

I dont understand this. There is big difference between this and the random medal. With random you never knew if a game was created as random because this info wasnt stored.

With the beta medal surely you only need the time and date the game was started and the time and date the map left beta.
Captain sundance123

Postby patrickaa317 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:06 pm

sundance123 wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:

I dont understand this. There is big difference between this and the random medal. With random you never knew if a game was created as random because this info wasnt stored.

With the beta medal surely you only need the time and date the game was started and the time and date the map left beta.

Yeah, apparently I was misunderstanding, looks like these were retroactively given afterall.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby bigWham on Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:44 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
sundance123 wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:

Yeah, apparently I was misunderstanding, looks like these were retroactively given afterall.

We do not have the time and date the map left beta stored in any database. It would be theoretically possible to research and input that data, however that would have delayed the medal and we preferred to get it into play.

The wins are only retroactive for the maps that are currently in Beta.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby patrickaa317 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:08 pm

bigWham wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
sundance123 wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:

We do not have the time and date the map left beta stored in any database. It would be theoretically possible to research and input that data, however that would have delayed the medal and we preferred to get it into play.

The wins are only retroactive for the maps that are currently in Beta.

Perhaps b00 and sundance are volunteering to take on this task?
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby sundance123 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:45 pm

I would love to, if something is worth doing then it is worth doing well (especially changing the site), unfortunately due to time contraints I find my time quite limited at the (if anybody wants to search the phrase "quenching" they should get the necessary info from posts announcing each map has left beta).

I must say I am becoming quite alienated with the site at the moment.

Bots & Medals for playing bots makes me seriously question where this site is going and tonight i find is the first night that I took a few goes but wasnt tempted to start/join any new game.

Where is the vision?

Is Wham really going to implement every mediocre suggestion that has been ignored by the majority of users?

Even when I had the time to visit the suggs forum I dont remember being that impressed with anything I read or voted for/against. Trench and nospoils were brilliant additions, and team wins medals (personal judgement of course) but are you just trying to tops these - cos it is too soon.
Captain sundance123

Postby blakebowling on Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:17 pm

sundance123 wrote:I would love to, if something is worth doing then it is worth doing well (especially changing the site), unfortunately due to time contraints I find my time quite limited at the (if anybody wants to search the phrase "quenching" they should get the necessary info from posts announcing each map has left beta).

I must say I am becoming quite alienated with the site at the moment.

Bots & Medals for playing bots makes me seriously question where this site is going and tonight i find is the first night that I took a few goes but wasnt tempted to start/join any new game.

Where is the vision?

Is Wham really going to implement every mediocre suggestion that has been ignored by the majority of users?

Even when I had the time to visit the suggs forum I dont remember being that impressed with anything I read or voted for/against. Trench and nospoils were brilliant additions, and team wins medals (personal judgement of course) but are you just trying to tops these - cos it is too soon.

Not every suggestion is perfect, but if it brings something to CC, we are willing to work with it. We are also looking into adding some more maps information to the database, that should allow for the medals to be distributed more clearly. More information on exactly what we're improving to come.
Private blakebowling

Postby Butters1919 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:25 pm

but again, the most active forum is now Bug Reports....
Cook Butters1919

Postby HardAttack on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:32 am

frankiebee wrote:CC might be declining in members, but the quality of the game rises quick these days. I hope people will return to CC because of the awesome new management.

+1
Colonel HardAttack

Postby HardAttack on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:33 am

Bruceswar wrote:
betiko wrote:polymorphic is the greatest new game mode implementation. love it cause i love to play with myself!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Read that again :)

he likes to play with himself :lol:
go maaan !!! grab yourself an adult magazine while doing so :lol: :lol:
Colonel HardAttack

Postby HardAttack on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:37 am

Armandolas wrote:in my humble opinion poly its one of the worst game options ive seen released.Hope we dont regret it in the future.
Great for farming, great for not having anymore speed teamgames and great for a large decrease of normal teamgames. Its not only negative sides but i think those are bigger than the positive
(the idea of not relying on a teammate on a teamgame..what?!)

I very well agree, but this is the nature of change buddy. Also mind to consider, this is a new era truely to give great opportunity for players to take taste of dubs,trips,quads no matter they have themselves as team mates or not. I know many ppl avoid playing team games basically due to lack of communication.
I looked for this polymorpism from long time now.
Great update, great taste...

Thanks.
Colonel HardAttack

Postby betiko on Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:35 am

patrickaa317 wrote:FYI - issue of unable to start turn can be fixed be refreshing your browser. I just played a 2 slot poly game and eliminated one opponent, had to refresh browser everytime i was starting my second consecutive turn.

that wasn't the issue at all. I was talking about manual games and initial deployment, not turns within a polymorph; I know you have to refresh when you play back to back in poly. Tons of games had problems yesterday but it was on all manual games, not just manual+polymorph.

anyway; back on the beta map subject:
i just looked in the foundry forum, there are currently 12 beta maps, including the ones that are currently closed due to changes being made (didn't count ww1 gallipoli cause it has never been live yet)
viewforum.php?f=64.
Koontz knows everything about the foundry, I'm pretty sure he knows where to find the issuing of a good amount of maps out of beta. If not, I think we could open a committy of 3-4 people willing to do the research in the foundry. Every map has it's thread, and every thread must have a post with a date to confirm when it's out of beta... And there might even be a list done by foundry mods.
here's the problem though: can the database count games per date of initialization?
Major betiko

Postby Jippd on Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:51 am

For the bot medal you need to beat whambot only to get the 200 wins for bronze right?

If so I think the medal descriptions page should be changed since it says "defeat bot opponent "X" times" currently. A more clear description that you need to defeat whambot then sassbot then whatever the next plan is.

Also if you plan to keep making more and more bots then perhaps the bot medal would be better like a tournament win or general contribution style medal that is roman numeral based. I'm assuming you plan to have many different levels of bots eventually so the roman numeral system will allow you to get a lot more medals.
Major Jippd

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:25 am

Can we change it so in polymorph games it is set not to talk to team only first, but rather the other player.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives