Conquer Club

Re: 2012-13 NCAA College Basketball [Rescued]

Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Re: 2012-13 NCAA College Basketball [Rescued]

Postby Robespierre__ on Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:49 pm

Hey all .... the play-in games are all in process (save for some AWOL peeps, but those will just turn into defaults). Rnd 1 games are also trickling out.

http://challonge.com/cc_MarchMadness is the finalized bracket!

Powerups are in effect!

Robes
Major Robespierre__

Postby Seamus76 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:12 am

This has been a great tourney. I know it's a shit-ton of work, but I really hope you guys pick it up again next year.
ImageImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class Seamus76

Postby kennys777 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:13 pm

Villanova is still a no-show in our games...

Can I get an update on this?

thanks
Sergeant kennys777

Postby agentcom on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:26 pm

Where is the scoring chart for the playoffs?
Colonel agentcom

Postby agentcom on Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:13 am

pretty please :)
Colonel agentcom

Postby agentcom on Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:15 am

Found it on my own. For any one else that was looking for it, here it is:

Colonel agentcom

Postby MudPuppy on Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:39 pm

How were the games chosen??? They don't match what was outlined in the rules for tournament play:

PG ā€” Classic
SG ā€” Random
SF ā€” CCU
PF ā€” (A city map to reflect the region you are playing in)
C ā€” USA

Bench #1 ā€” higher seed's home settings
Bench #2 ā€” lower seed's home settings
Bench #3 ā€” American Civil War
*settings ā€” escalating, chained, foggy

What we actually are playing is:

PG ā€” Classic - CORRECT
SG ā€” Random - Operation Drug War (not random)
SF ā€” CCU - Trench Warfare
PF ā€” (A city map to reflect the region you are playing in) - American Civil War
C ā€” USA - Route 66

Bench #1 ā€” higher seed's home settings - CORRECT (Operation Drug War)
Bench #2 ā€” lower seed's home settings - CORRECT (Trench Warfare)
Bench #3 ā€” American Civil War - Northwest Passage

While I would've preferred the original setup, I certainly don't want any changes made at this point... just kind of curious why the change was made at all???
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby kennys777 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:57 pm

Portland upsets Villanova with a buzzer shot winning 78-77...
Sergeant kennys777

Postby chiefsfan4ever on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:32 pm

MudPuppy wrote:How were the games chosen??? They don't match what was outlined in the rules for tournament play:

PG ā€” Classic
SG ā€” Random
SF ā€” CCU
C ā€” USA

PG ā€” Classic - CORRECT
PF ā€” (A city map to reflect the region you are playing in) - American Civil War
C ā€” USA - Route 66

While I would've preferred the original setup, I certainly don't want any changes made at this point... just kind of curious why the change was made at all???

Second this
High score - 2536
Highest Rank - Colonel

Major chiefsfan4ever

Postby MudPuppy on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:55 pm

chiefsfan4ever wrote:
MudPuppy wrote:How were the games chosen??? They don't match what was outlined in the rules for tournament play:

PG ā€” Classic
SG ā€” Random
SF ā€” CCU
C ā€” USA

PG ā€” Classic - CORRECT
C ā€” USA - Route 66

Second this

Got an answer via PM... Well, figured out on my own that the SG & SF were replaced with player home maps due to Sharpshooter Power up. Route 66 & Northwest Passage replaced USA & I guess the city map because they were deemed to be fairer drops:
Robespierre__ wrote:I did not like having so many maps that were so "who goes first" dependent so added Rt 66 and Northwest Passage to coutneract that ever so slightly.

Still not sure why B3 was apparently promoted to PF. I like the old system a smidge better but if this works for Robes then I'm good with it... just wanted to understand what the new rules were. All his hard work to keep this tourney going is greatly appreciated... not an easy task. =D>
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Robespierre__ on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Apologies for not seeing this sooner. MP PM'd me and I answered him. Did not also realize it was here.

Yes, the only things changed were "a city map to reflect the region you are playing in" and the old USA map. I used Rt 66 to replace "a city map to reflect the region you are playing in" so that it is constant throughout the tournament. I saw no reason to complicate things with using NYC in the northeast, the Southeast map in the SE etc. I also like that map for 1v1 since going first is not nearly the advantage that it is in the USA map. I added Northwest Passage for the same reason.

Everything else stayed the same. MP happened to be playing one of the few bi-lateral extra play on the home map powerup matches and so the changes seemed more prominent to him. I really only changed one map (got rid of USA map this year). It is the same for all and fair for all.

The Round of 32 matches are mostly in progress with a few yet to begin and a few already finished. The shocker of this year's tournament is that NO #1 seeds remain in the tourney! Georgia and Columbia were bounced in the Rnd of 64 while Oregon and Bradley were bounced in the Rnd of 32. This is unprecedented carnage. #9 seed Virginia Tech led by Coach Goggles Paisano is the dark horse in the field having snuck past overall #1 seed Oregon 80-75 to make the Sweet Sixteen. Houston (sportsgod24) and my personal favorite Georgia St (MudPuppy -- he of the original format questioning) also punched their ticket to the last 16. More updates will be coming as the number of games we have to create diminishes.

Thanks for your patience. We will be more organized next season when we can plan things from the start.

Robes
Major Robespierre__

Postby agentcom on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:58 pm

Game 13102494 was made flat rate ... not sure what to do since it's round 5, but it's not really fair since I've been playing it like it was escalating since it was supposed to be my "home" map ...
Colonel agentcom

Postby Jackofalltrades on Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:57 am

Seton Hall vs Yale is official coach william and co put up a hell of a fight but the Ivy league just couldn't prevail. Well fought match!!
show
Major Jackofalltrades

Postby agentcom on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:22 pm

It's a barnburner in the Elite Eight matchup for the Eastern (?) regional final. In a tournament fraught with danger for top seeds, the barely favored #7 Indiana look like they'll edge out #9 Richmond coached by Ianphull. The end game score might not look particularly close, but that is solely due to some bench heroics that allowed Indiana's starters to come back in the game and basically run out the clock. Indiana's bench outscored Richmond's second-string 22 to 5; the 17 point differential likely to be more than the margin of victory.

Coach agentcom went to the bench early in the game and was able to manage a small early lead. At halftime the coach acknowledged that the back ups, who have seen limited playing time all season, were going to be able to drive IU into the Final Four. "We've got to start seeing something out of our starters--a spark, some life, anything really," the obviously frustrated coach explained as he headed in for the break.

The second half was not so much of a different story, but the starting five was able to slow the game down just enough that it looked like IU might edge this one out. Proving agentcom wrong, the bench stepped up and dominated with a pivotal moment coming on a botched goal tending call on a three point play, picked up and broken down to the arch by one of the undersung IU players whose position is listed only as "B1." Icing a tre, the six point swing, seemed to breath just enough life into IU starters to hold on to the victory.

----------------

Great game to coach Ianphull. This one was back and forth the entire time and I was pretty sure that I was going to lose it. Every time that I checked back in, it seemed like you'd pulled a double-bold set out of your @$$ at just the right moment. :D
Colonel agentcom

Postby agentcom on Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:17 pm

The first Final Four game of the year is upon us. With the upsets and surprises in this year's tournament, it's no surprise that two middle-ranked teams have outlasted the favorites. 7-seed Indiana will play 9-seed Seton Hall, as both teams fight to punch their ticket to the championship game.

There is no clear favorite in this one. Both teams entered the post season ranked second in their respective conferences. Indiana put up a disappointing performance losing to Northwestern in a close game in its first game of the Big 10 tournament, while Seton Hall road to an Big East tournament championship. Despite the conference championship and a 3-1 record against Top 40 teams, the Pirates still drew a play-in game to enter the tournament proper. That game was cancelled when NCAA sanctions forced Penn to forfeit.

Nonetheless, the Pirates seem to have entered The Dance with a chip on their collective shoulder. In their four games thus far, they have dismantled their opponents by a combined score of 378 to 247.

Working their way up their respective bracket, the IU Hoosiers faced an easier schedule, especially after dispatching #2 SDSU 91-65. However, their next two games were closer with IU clawing out wins in nailbiters against Princeton (#6) and Richmond (#9).

Will IU demonstrate the flashes of brilliance that it has shown at various points during the season? Or will Seton Hall continue the steady and consistent dominance that it has shown over its rivals? Stay tuned, it's gonna be a good one!
Colonel agentcom

Postby agentcom on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:10 am

At this point, it looks like Indiana is a lock for the finals. I just wanted to drop by and say that jackofalltrades is a class act. He got absolutely crapped on by the dice in those games but remained pleasant the entire time, which is more than I can say that I would be. It was fun to play with him, and I hope we meet again under a little bit more fair conditions.
Colonel agentcom

Postby agentcom on Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:13 am

Am I the only one excited about FINALS?!?!?!

There should be at least one other person who's excited ...
Colonel agentcom

Postby MudPuppy on Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:30 pm

Woo Hoo, Finals. Go Panthers!!! :mrgreen:
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby agentcom on Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:48 pm

agentcom wrote:Am I the only one excited about FINALS?!?!?!

There should be at least one other person who's excited ...

MudPuppy wrote:Woo Hoo, Finals. Go Panthers!!! :mrgreen:

There he is :D

Georgia State is up by 9 at halftime. Gonna be a tough road for Indiana.
Colonel agentcom

Postby MudPuppy on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:16 am

Thankfully the dice were neutral in the final series. That's all we can really ask for. O:) ;)
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby GoranZ on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:34 am

MudPuppy wrote:Thankfully the dice were neutral in the final series. That's all we can really ask for. O:) ;)

Current Dice Stats: MudPuppy vs agentcom
3 vs 2: +17%
3 vs 1: +7%

I think that you need to redefine "neutral". According to the dice stats you are in deep green territory, quite far from normal black ;)

GO agent
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby agentcom on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:55 pm

MudPuppy wrote:Thankfully the dice were neutral in the final series. That's all we can really ask for. O:) ;)

Haha, Goranz beat me to it. You've got to be kidding they were neutral. For a full series recap, see the chat in Game 13427154.

Let me be the first to say congrats to the new NCAA champion MudPuppy and his Georgia State Panthers. They top the Indiana Hoosiers 85-74 in a game that came down all the way to the wire.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Robespierre__ on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:00 pm

Agentcom beat me to announcing the winner and final score .... 85-74 indeed! Two worthy competitors. Georgia St is a worthy champion of the NCAA 2012-2013 season.

Look at GoranZ chiming in with some support.

Great tournament all.

Robes
Major Robespierre__

Previous

Return to Completed 2013