Conquer Club

Somebody has to be first - polywar?

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Somebody has to be first - polywar?

Postby Vid_FISO on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:58 pm

Who wants to break some new ground?
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Re: Somebody has to be first - polywar?

Postby TheCrown on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:13 pm

How would it work?
Colonel TheCrown

Postby Vid_FISO on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:27 pm

TheCrown wrote:How would it work?

You want me to think too? :?

Something like 15-20 of each setting (x2, x3, x4) homes for each clan
same map can be used say 3-5 times but different home players, away team could use the same player for each
max 5 or 6 games for any one player
no speed or beta, not sure about freestyle as it's not a setting I use myself but I guess there should be limited room for it, I see no reason to restrict anything else but round limits are probably wise for all games (50?)

For some unknown reason "cheese on toast" just popped into my head, I must be hungry! :D
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby Vid_FISO on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:29 pm

and yes 5 or 6 games isn't enough for maybe 120 games, in need of food! (or possibly less wine!)
Major Vid_FISO

Postby chemefreak on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:52 pm

You will need to worry about this restriction for medals and privs.

"The game composition must comprise of at least 80% Team Games."

I'm not say "no" here, but there will definitely need to be some thought put into how these are used in clan wars. To me they look and act like singles matches. So they should not be more than 20% of the games in any war. That sounds reasonable. Anywho, just giving you a head's up that a pure polywar will not get medals and may or may not be eligible for privs.

Thanks.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Vid_FISO on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:55 pm

chemefreak wrote:You will need to worry about this restriction for medals and privs.

I'm not say "no" here, but there will definitely need to be some thought put into how these are used in clan wars. To me they look and act like singles matches. So they should not be more than 20% of the games in any war. That sounds reasonable. Anywho, just giving you a head's up that a pure polywar will not get medals and may or may not be eligible for privs.

Thanks.

Understandable that a polywar is no more eligible for medals than a 1v1 which is essentially the same thing, just different settings, but if not eligible for privileges then neither should a 1v1 war be either, but the precedent has already been set for those.
Major Vid_FISO

Postby NoSurvivors on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:26 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:
chemefreak wrote:You will need to worry about this restriction for medals and privs.

Thanks.

Understandable that a polywar is no more eligible for medals than a 1v1 which is essentially the same thing, just different settings, but if not eligible for privileges then neither should a 1v1 war be either, but the precedent has already been set for those.

+1!
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby IcePack on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:51 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:
Vid_FISO wrote:

Thanks.

+1!

There are no 100% 1v1 wars, except for the 1 vs 1 Event. Next year, it'll likely be a poly event but still to be determined.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Bones2484 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:43 pm

Isn't the idea of a polywar the same as a lot of clan wars anyways just merely without the mockery of different people pushing the attack button?

Not sure why it wouldn't qualify for medals, but then again I've argued for years that 1v1 wars should count as well.
Major Bones2484

Return to Clan Archives