Conquer Club

Account Sitting

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Account Sitting

Postby sportsgod24 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:52 pm

As a CC loner, I am in need of somebody to play my games this Saturday the 26th to Thursday the 31st. I do not have many games, currently have 1 active and waiting on 5 to be started. Anybody that would like to help me out, please send me a message.

*Sitter Found*
Last edited by sportsgod24 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major sportsgod24

Re: Account Sitting

Postby Swifte on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:03 pm

If you haven't already tried, I'd explain to your tournament organizer that you'll be away for that period, and ask if he will delay the start of those tournament games for you, rather than having them start w/ a sitter.
Colonel Swifte

Postby Agent 86 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Correct, I'm happy to take turns for current games. As a sitter I can't join new games for you ;)

We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby Vid_FISO on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Alternatively you could join a clan and not be a loner any more .....
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby Shannon Apple on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:24 pm

Swifte wrote:If you haven't already tried, I'd explain to your tournament organizer that you'll be away for that period, and ask if he will delay the start of those tournament games for you, rather than having them start w/ a sitter.

This ^

I would gladly sit for games that are currently underway for someone that needs help, and I don't think it's necessary to pay people. However, I am not okay with starting games for someone. :lol:
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sportsgod24 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:28 pm

Swifte wrote:If you haven't already tried, I'd explain to your tournament organizer that you'll be away for that period, and ask if he will delay the start of those tournament games for you, rather than having them start w/ a sitter.

Yes, that is what I am doing. The 5 I'm waiting on should start before I leave. I'm going to ask him to delay the other 5 that should be sent next week.

BTW, this thread can be removed now, I have offers. Thanks for the help.
Major sportsgod24

Postby sportsgod24 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:Alternatively you could join a clan and not be a loner any more .....

There was a time when I was more active, had a try at two clans that ended up falling apart. Perhaps I will join one again sometime.
Major sportsgod24

Postby ChrisPond on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:50 pm

"Players are allowed to account-sit for others as long as they are not opponents within the game. It is common courtesy to announce in game chat that another player will take your turn(s) during your absence. Babysitters should only do what is necessary to take the turn(s) and should not interact with the community, start or join new games (except for ongoing tournaments). Furthermore, you should only take another player's turn if they are in danger of missing a turn, not for the purpose of gaining a tactical advantage." copy and pasted from official rules...underline and bold added by me

perfectly legal to accept a game invite if it is an ongoing tournament if you are the sitter which in this case sounds like it is.

personally, i would prefer my tournament games wait for me to get back.
Colonel ChrisPond

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:53 am

ChrisPond wrote:"Players are allowed to account-sit for others as long as they are not opponents within the game. It is common courtesy to announce in game chat that another player will take your turn(s) during your absence. Babysitters should only do what is necessary to take the turn(s) and should not interact with the community, start or join new games (except for ongoing tournaments). Furthermore, you should only take another player's turn if they are in danger of missing a turn, not for the purpose of gaining a tactical advantage." copy and pasted from official rules...underline and bold added by me

perfectly legal to accept a game invite if it is an ongoing tournament if you are the sitter which in this case sounds like it is.

personally, i would prefer my tournament games wait for me to get back.

Aha, I thought it was against the rules to do that for someone.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ChrisPond on Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:44 pm

Click on "help" in upper right. Then question 19.

As long as it is a tournament game it is fine. That being said, the mods don't quite understand the rule so I can see you would be confused on it.
Colonel ChrisPond

Return to Conquer Club Discussion