Conquer Club

He's called a "traitor"

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: He's called a "traitor"

Postby Frigidus on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:00 am

karel wrote:well all i have to say is when ur city gets blown up,then you will be wishing they did them taps........o'well good luck.......try not to get fried

I'd be more concerned about dying from inclement weather than I'm concerned about being killed by terrorists. They're a non-entity. After a quick search online I found out that 17 Americans died worldwide in 2011 as a result of terrorism. All 17 of them occurred in the Middle East. Don't get me wrong, every death is a tragedy, but it seems to me the best way to prevent this is to get the f*ck out of the Middle East.

The truth is that the perpetrators of 9/11 exploited holes in airline security that don't exist any more. They never had the resources to destroy a building on their own and they had to hijack someone else's technology to do it. Forgive me if I don't shit my pants over Chicago being destroyed and forgive me if I'm more concerned by blatant violations of the Constitution than by modern day's boogeyman equivalent of Communists.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby patches70 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:56 am

karel wrote:well all i have to say is when ur city gets blown up,then you will be wishing they did them taps........o'well good luck.......try not to get fried

When did we get so afraid? This is puzzling to me, to be so fearful to allow the government to take our privacy, our liberty, and for what?

I don't know about the rest of my countrymen, but I don't live in fear. I'd much rather live in freedom and privacy and I'll just take my chances against the tuurrriisstss. I'm willing to bet I won't ever be killed in a terrorist attack, but my chances of getting shot by some itchy fingered thug of a cop are quite a bit higher.

Afraid of people living in caves and mud huts. Go figure. Just gimme a call if you ever need me to come over and squash that teeny tiny spider that's scaring the crap out of you. Or a mouse or any other little critter that might scare you as well.

frigidus wrote:Forgive me if I don't shit my pants over Chicago being destroyed

Hahah! We don't have to worry about terrorists destroying Chicago, Chicagians are doing pretty good destroying Chicago all on their own!
Private patches70

Postby Frigidus on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:25 pm

patches70 wrote:

Hahah! We don't have to worry about terrorists destroying Chicago, Chicagians are doing pretty good destroying Chicago all on their own!

No joke. If the government is really interested in protecting American lives they should camp the army out here.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:27 pm

Frigidus wrote:
patches70 wrote:

No joke. If the government is really interested in protecting American lives they should camp the army out here.

What's Ditka doing these days? He oughta be able to handle a tiny mishap like that.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Frigidus on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:33 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Frigidus wrote:
patches70 wrote:

What's Ditka doing these days? He oughta be able to handle a tiny mishap like that.

Those gang bangers won't know what happened when they get hit by Hurricane Ditka.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:58 pm

http://rt.com/news/un-chief-snowden-protection-048/
In her first reference to whistleblower Edward Snowden’s case, UN Human Rights Chief Navi Pillay has called on all countries to protect the rights of those who uncover abuses and stressed the need to respect the right for people to seek asylum.

Commenting on the fugitive former US intelligence contractor, who is presently wanted by the US for leaking classified details of its surveillance programs, Pillay noted that undue surveillance could amount to an infringement of human rights.

“National legal systems must ensure that there are adequate avenues for individuals disclosing violations of human rights to express their concern without fear of reprisals," said Pillay.

"Snowden's case has shown the need to protect persons disclosing information on matters that have implications for human rights, as well as the importance of ensuring respect for the right to privacy,” she added.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Frigidus on Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:24 pm

I haven't really seen much mention of this, but how do the non-Americans of the forum feel about their governments refusing Snowden use of their airspace to reach countries offering him asylum?
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:09 pm

Major Phatscotty

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:11 pm

Phatscotty wrote:

To be fair, I nearly vomitted when I saw the folks in this video. Fucking pandering morons.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:13 pm

just throwin it out there

Curious, has anyone changed their mind a bit about Snowden? Now that his leaks are coming out
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:33 pm

patches70 wrote:
karel wrote:well looks like you sure in the f*ck dont understand it...maybe we should call of of you a traitor for supporting this dickbag

Raise.

I couldn't find this on the internet, so I had it scanned out of my grandpa's school history books, but these guys made it to the other side.
Major Phatscotty

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:57 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

To be fair, I nearly vomitted when I saw the folks in this video. Fucking pandering morons.

Hm? What's wrong with it?

They're pandering to people in order to persuade them to care about something the government is doing, so... how's that moronic? I don't get your outrage here.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby mrswdk on Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:17 am

If she says Snowden I'm gonna kill myself. #pokepun
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:10 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

Hm? What's wrong with it?

They're pandering to people in order to persuade them to care about something the government is doing, so... how's that moronic? I don't get your outrage here.

All the people in this video have supported and continue to support our current president (with the exception of Oliver Stone) who is in charge of the entity they are lambasting. So, again, hypocrisy. The president was not mentioned once. Towards the end I was sort of hoping Ron Paul would make a guest appearance.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:48 pm

Ohh, never knew that. Well then, if that's true, then they are certainly fucking pandering morons.

Ahh, feels good to type that out too.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:12 pm

patches70 wrote:John Boehner called NSA leaker Edward Snowden a “traitor”. But is that accurate?

In the United States treason is specifically named and described in the Constitution, the only crime thus defined in the Constitution. It reads like this-

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.

To be guilty of treason one must be a citizen and be levying war against the US or giving aid to her enemies.

Snowden gave classified information to the press. Is the press our enemy? Are they waging war against the US?

Snowden isn't guilty of treason, not even close. Sedition, espionage, passing classified information, a case can certainly be made for that, but not treason.

It's funny, though, Snowden may be guilty of sedition (which is defined in part as subversion of a constitution) but what the NSA has been doing is also a subversion of the constitution and thus are equally guilty of subversion as is any and all who subvert the US Constitution. If we want to get technical.

So, do you think this Snowden fellow is a traitor?

Snowden's leaks have detailed exactly what kinds of encryption programs the US government can and cannot crack. This includes a list of companies that have created hidden backdoors in their encryption programs that would allow US and foriegn intelligence agencies to read secretive files or messages if they need to.
He's also relieved where our black budget is spent, and in what amount, which is also a serious concern to national security.

Upon learning this fact of the case I've changed my mind, because teaching our enemies our weaknesses and how to defeat us is treason, and thus Snowden is a traitor.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby mrswdk on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:57 pm

How could that information be used to harm the US?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:51 pm

Is that a real question?
Foreign and domestic terrorists now know exactly which kinds of encryption our government cannot break. They can use unbreakable message coding and have 100% faith that America cannot read those messages.

Hostile governments and terrorists now know exactly where the CIA or NSA is spending their budgets. It's like playing a game of Battleship and knowing where the other player is going to post their pegs before the game starts.

Postby mrswdk on Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:20 am

I don't think it takes Snowden to show that unbreakable coding is a safe means of communicating. Anyhoo, proving that Outlook and Gmail are susceptible is not the same as providing terrorists a list of safe methods of communication. It just tells them not to use Gmail when talking about top secret massacre plans, and that's something I would have thought they'd know not to do anyway.

I hardly think it's a fair analogy to say that Al Qaeda and the US are about to play Battleships and Al Qaeda have the advantage of knowing where all America's ships are. If it were truly like then we would all be preparing for the imminent destruction of America. But we're not.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:07 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:
patches70 wrote:John Boehner called NSA leaker Edward Snowden a “traitor”. But is that accurate?

In the United States treason is specifically named and described in the Constitution, the only crime thus defined in the Constitution. It reads like this-

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.

To be guilty of treason one must be a citizen and be levying war against the US or giving aid to her enemies.

Snowden gave classified information to the press. Is the press our enemy? Are they waging war against the US?

Snowden isn't guilty of treason, not even close. Sedition, espionage, passing classified information, a case can certainly be made for that, but not treason.

It's funny, though, Snowden may be guilty of sedition (which is defined in part as subversion of a constitution) but what the NSA has been doing is also a subversion of the constitution and thus are equally guilty of subversion as is any and all who subvert the US Constitution. If we want to get technical.

So, do you think this Snowden fellow is a traitor?

Snowden's leaks have detailed exactly what kinds of encryption programs the US government can and cannot crack. This includes a list of companies that have created hidden backdoors in their encryption programs that would allow US and foriegn intelligence agencies to read secretive files or messages if they need to.
He's also relieved where our black budget is spent, and in what amount, which is also a serious concern to national security.

Upon learning this fact of the case I've changed my mind, because teaching our enemies our weaknesses and how to defeat us is treason, and thus Snowden is a traitor.

citation needed
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby smegal69 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:23 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Is that a real question?
Foreign and domestic terrorists now know exactly which kinds of encryption our government cannot break. They can use unbreakable message coding and have 100% faith that America cannot read those messages.

Hostile governments and terrorists now know exactly where the CIA or NSA is spending their budgets. It's like playing a game of Battleship and knowing where the other player is going to post their pegs before the game starts.

It could be argued that the US the biggest hostile Government out there,
They spy on the So Called Friends, Torture People, Supply Nuclear Weapons to a country that's not a signature to the nuclear arms treaty.
Supply terrorist with weapons and funds to over throw democratically elected governments.
Kidnap people in other countries, lock people up without a trial, support countries that break human rights, murder innocent people in drone strikes
pollute the planet and the list goes on...... Maybe the US government should be called the Traitor to the world and put on Trial
Lieutenant smegal69

Location: Doing Hard Time on "The ROCK", in the southern ocean

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:38 am

I don't like some of the things I am hearing from Snowden, and he seems more and more to me like Julian Assange, but then again I try to keep in perspective I am not hearing about everything that Snowden is revealing, or why. We just get a headline here and there with some third party commentary and quarterbacking and politicking; everything is in a bubble. Like this spying on foreign leaders stuff and our allies too. Sure it sounds bad, but can you honestly tell me those countries are not spying on us? Everybody spies on everybody. It's different now because the USA changed the game completely, and the more you can get away with stuff, the further you are gong to push the envelope, so I understand our espionage efforts to a certain point, but I think Obama has gone too far with it.

So yeah I can see how this damages the USA with trust and credibility, but I don't think that is Snowden's intentions. Everytime there is a whistleblower, it's sensitive information that will piss a lot of people off, otherwise it wouldn't be whistleblowing. I would bet a lot of other information is coming out from Snowden that doesn't make it to America or our media.

The NSA is the one that went too far, the question is would we rather find out about it by a declaration of war or and embargo, or has the revelations actually prevented such actions in the future (without the revelations, the NSA would be going even further and causing more irreversible damage) I think Snowden is doing the right thing, and there are a lot of positives and negatives, and he seems to have given up everything in his life to reveal the truth.

Everybody knew the government was spying on us, just like all the Tea Partier's knew Obama was doing everything possible to destroy the Tea Party, just like the hardcore Progressives know Obamacare is supposed to fail and will end up single payer (to which I agree with them he is brilliant like that, just wish they weren't so comfortable with all the lying that needed to be done).

But we are tools like that; we continue to believe and trust the government and ivy-league lawyer politicians no matter how many times they lie out their ass to us, over and over and over again, and that is something I think was very important to break open, especially with Obama who has so much blind faith and ardent racial support. It's important that people know what is lies and what is truth. Just wish we could have found all these things out before the election. Then people would have been more able to understand why they needed to vote against Obama.
Major Phatscotty

Postby mrswdk on Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:26 am

Obama is not the only problem. Merkel's phone was being spied on way back in 2002, when Bush was president.

Obama and his cronies are total dicks though, you're right. Obama and Carney both came out and implicitly admitted that Merkel had been spied on, yet even though they knew Snowden was probably gonna expose their past treachery they didn't have the balls to man up, admit it and apologise. They just keep on telling their allies they love them and they'll never hit them in the face again, as if that's enough. I for one will welcome a China powerful enough to counter-balance the US. Maybe then we'll see some introspection from America's leaders instead of the outright contempt that successive administrations have consistently shown for even their supposed closest allies.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:15 am

smegal69 wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:Is that a real question?

It could be argued that the US the biggest hostile Government out there,
They spy on the So Called Friends, Torture People, Supply Nuclear Weapons to a country that's not a signature to the nuclear arms treaty.
Supply terrorist with weapons and funds to over throw democratically elected governments.
Kidnap people in other countries, lock people up without a trial, support countries that break human rights, murder innocent people in drone strikes
pollute the planet and the list goes on...... Maybe the US government should be called the Traitor to the world and put on Trial

You know all of this without Snowden.
The world is welcome to put the US on trial, with embargoes and whatever else it can think of.

They don't do this, because the US government is also the most charitable entity on the whole planet, something that is lost in every argument. You can point to any country on the globe, and I can find a receipt for aid that the US has sent it. The US has it's troubles, and they are many, but the bottom line is that aside from this it's still a beautiful place to live and charitable as well.

But none of that is an answer to the simple truth that Snowden revealed some very important secrets. Teaching terrorist groups where the US is spending it's espionage money is not excusable under any circumstances. The United States is not a thing; it's human beings. And helping other people to kill your people is treacherous to say the least.

Postby mrswdk on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:26 am

Wrong. It's because the US has the biggest economy and the most power to f*ck with anyone who disagrees with it. Do what we want or we'll screw your economy with sanctions, take away your aid or invade you.

And come on: do you seriously think anyone gives aid to developing countries without attaching a bucket load of strings to it? State philanthropy is not even close to the heaven-sent gift you seem to think it is.
Lieutenant mrswdk

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,