Conquer Club

If marriage is fun, metal!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re:

Postby Woodruff on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:16 pm

2dimes wrote:Your kids are getting all growed up, ain't they?

The last one graduated in 2007. But uh...that's a very small part of a successful marriage.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:55 am

This thread is actually about 80s music.

Corporal 2dimes

Re: If marriage is fun, metal.

Postby 2dimes on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:53 pm

Lurnin this song to jam at metal mondays. More work than expected.
Corporal 2dimes

Re: If marriage is fun, you're mental.

Postby notyou2 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:43 pm

notyou2 wrote:Anyone want to trade wives?

Anyone?
Captain notyou2

Postby 2dimes on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:55 pm

Mine made a really great shepard's pie last week, she loves long distance drives pulling her trailer and shares my flame broiled whopper addiction. I better not. I do want to, for a couple of months anyway. They say a change is as good as a rest.
Corporal 2dimes

Re: If marriage is fun, you're mental.

Postby john9blue on Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:22 am

Woodruff wrote:There are probably plenty of folks that would consider me "mental", but I
find marriage to be an absolute blast, most of the time. It really is great.

isn't your wife a redheaded cheerleader? somehow it doesn't surprise me that you enjoy marriage.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby 2dimes on Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:49 am

I am in the middle of a giant discussion via PM, It's turned to the subject of my marriage so I figured I'd like to wander in here let everyone get in on that part. It's funny, maybe more accurately I'm funny. Yes funny like that but more often funny strange.

When it comes down to it I'm sort of a genuine nice guy. The truth is, I'm kind of horrible too. We've been married 13 years, I'm often frustrated with trying to talk it out. You have to though, even though you thought you did and it was fixed so many times before. I know I'm the worst part of the situation. Sometimes it's just life other times I'm probably trying to bait her.

Marriage is genuinely difficult. . The first four years were great, we were poor but happy, and the physical part fixed almost everything. That makes now worse because I have this messed up concept that the honeymoon should last forever. Happily ever after is supposed to be easy. Maybe I married the wrong person?

Divorce is easy now days and big business. Hence the giant divorce rate. I heard it was 80% in Christians. They're supposed to be the happy people that know how to love their neighbor. Sometimes they get caught loving the neighbor too I guess.

First problem is having to live with someone all the time.
"Where's my toothbrush."
The other person, "I didn't touch your toothbrush."
First person, "Well,it's not in the spot I keep it..."

Sometimes the other person moved it. Other times the first person forgot they moved it themselves.

One of us ate or drank the last some item. These sort of things are the normal ones before you add in I'm cranky because I'm hungry. She has PMS. Then there's things with friends and inlaws.

Next as a guy I want her to buy some pretty under wear and look like the heavily altered pictures that the actual model can't even live up to because it's photoshopped not just photographed. I know it but it still happens because us guys are dumber than we seem. Google your favorite actress or model without make up. That's what your wife looks like only worse when you're fighting.

I have loved my wife deeply in the past. At times she's been the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. Obviously not it's mostly perception love is a weird thing that requires a fair amount of choosing to participate.

She just stormed out of the house with the kids in a huff and I'm getting cranky about it. Ugh.
Corporal 2dimes

Re: If marriage is fun, metal!

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:47 pm

Awhile ago, I was in a relationship for four years. It was fun, but it was also annoying.

Sometimes, I think about getting into a relationship again, but then I realize, 'oh that'll be fun... and annoying'.

Sometimes, I think I should be working toward meeting someone, so I can have kids and a family, but then I think, 'oh that seems nice... but is very annoying... and expensive.'

I'll probably do this for the next 4 years. I'm hoping Aubrey de Gray can make me live longer, so I can try out the family thing and then do more important things afterward.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Re: If marriage is fun, metal!

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:35 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Awhile ago, I was in a relationship for four years. It was fun, but it was also annoying.

It's not like it was all peaches 'n cream for Lootifer either, BBS.
I STAND WITH THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby 2dimes on Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:05 am

saxitoxin wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Awhile ago, I was in a relationship for four years. It was fun, but it was also annoying.

It's not like it was all peaches 'n cream for Lootifer either, BBS.

Are you trying to dispute Sam Kinison?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby 2dimes on Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:40 pm

I saw someone stealing my routine.
http://iwastesomuchtime.com/on/?i=85547

Oh I guess I should report the current mood at chez dimes.
Corporal 2dimes

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,