Conquer Club

Updates 11/02/13 - New Scoreboard, New Bot and more

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Updates 11/02/13 - New Scoreboard, New Bot and more

Postby bigWham on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:37 pm

New Scoreboard

Our Scoreboard has expanded with the introduction of the Running Leaderboard. This new leaderboard does not replace our previous (much beloved and maligned) scoreboard, it adds to it a new level of competition through monthly contests and rewards.

Each month players will compete to be both the Monthly Leader and Most Improved, with great Medals and Conquer Credit prizes for the Top 10 in each category. This implements the spirit of a Suggestion originally made by Qwert.

saxibot

A new Bot is in the Club, and it is the first of our line of Community Bots. So please shake out the sillies by jumping into a game with Conquer Club's Level 3 Bot... the one, the only, the inimitable... saxibot...

Remember the Rainbow Rule, kids!

There are more new features

• Profile Score Ranges Implements the spirit of Suggestion by Shrinky. Note that this uses the Running Scoreboard and shows Min and Max scores where available (if the player has finished 1 game) from 09/19/2013 on. It does not represent the highest/lowest scores ever achieved by a player since that data has never been stored in our databases.
  • Bot Upgrades - Some enhancement have been made to Bot personality and Gameplay, and the transition from Player End Turn to Bot Turn is not a lot smoother (you get to see your forts!). Also, per this Suggestion by kizkiz, email notifications have been turned off for Bot Games.
  • Rename color codes - Per this Suggestion by Gilligan the color codes for slots 9-12 have been renamed.
  • Medals Backend - After the last release that included 5 New Medals, we hit a tipping point with our medal system, where the amount of medal related data crunching it had to do to caused some pages to go very slowly and in some cases timeout. To fix this properly, and to allow us to introduce new medals, we had to rewrite the medal system entirely. The new system is significantly faster and you now should no longer experience hang time on game ends or Medal Stats page loading.
  • Increase Delete Time for Tourney Games - To allow people more time to join tourney and clan games we have increased the delete time for these games to 30 days per this Suggestion by kmhebert.
  • Map-making enhancements - Last, but definitely not least... we have been working with thenobodies80 and our Cartography team to expand our Map Making capabilities. The following tools are now being used behind the scenes to hopefully bring everyone cooler map experiences in the future:
    • Test mode, allowing for the first time maps to be play tested before release
    • Map Management - allowing the Map Team to update their own maps in the test environment
    • Exclusions, a new feature of Maps enabling Map Specialization... which means that a Map can be designed for specific combinations of Game Play options rather than having to be simultaneously designed for every set of options (an increasingly impossible task!)
    Maps take a while to produce so we are not expecting anything new from this immediately, but if you want to get involved with the next wave of map-making using these exciting new features please visit our Map Foundry

Sloops Fairplonker,
Assistant to the Manager of the Senior Janitorial Inspector of the Spare Bathroom at CC HQ (Temporary Position Only)
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Updates 11/02/13 - New Scoreboard, New Bot and more

Postby betiko on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:43 pm

Nice!
I had just seen the range thing before your post!

Let s kick saxi s ass!!
Major betiko

Postby sempaispellcheck on Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:21 pm

Wow!!! Awesome update, guys!!
Looking forward to duking it out with saxibot - and to watching the first saxi v. saxi game!! :lol:

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby Fewnix on Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:37 pm

WELL DONE!!!
=D> =D> =D>
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Rule 1
show
Private Fewnix

Postby Qwert on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:29 pm

well i must say that i dont give applause to lackattack and el jefe,,but bigwham deserve applause.
So far he show quite big enthusiasm, and hes implementations its so fast, that this its one big positive move :)
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Beko the Great on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:30 pm

The scoreboard improvement and the users score range are great add-ons. =D>

Keep up this amazing work!
Major Beko the Great

Postby cairnswk on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:31 pm

bigWham wrote:...
[*]Map-making enhancements - Last, but definitely not least... we have been working with thenobodies80 and our Cartography team to expand our Map Making capabilities. The following tools are now being used behind the scenes to hopefully bring everyone cooler map experiences in the future:
  • Map Management - allowing the Map Team to update their own maps in the test environment
  • Exclusions, a new feature of Maps enabling Map Specialization... which means that a Map can be designed for specific combinations of Game Play options rather than having to be simultaneously designed for every set of options (an increasingly impossible task!)
Maps take a while to produce so we are not expecting anything new from this immediately, but if you want to get involved with the next wave of map-making using these exciting new features please visit our Map Foundry[/list]

Well done on new stuff bigWham!
Onya Qwert and the others for those suggestions.
But i'd like to hear from someone as to how this new test mode happens and whether the cartographers are involved in the process.

I'd also like to hear when the medals for cartos is going to be updated. Seems there is new features begin implemented (which is all well and good) but there are still hangovers like the cartos medals that have not have been fixed for over two years now.
Last edited by cairnswk on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby IcePack on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:36 pm

cairnswk wrote:
bigWham wrote:...
[*]Map-making enhancements - Last, but definitely not least... we have been working with thenobodies80 and our Cartography team to expand our Map Making capabilities. The following tools are now being used behind the scenes to hopefully bring everyone cooler map experiences in the future:
Maps take a while to produce so we are not expecting anything new from this immediately, but if you want to get involved with the next wave of map-making using these exciting new features please visit our Map Foundry[/list]

Well done on new stuff bigWham!
Onya Qwert and the others for those suggestions.
But i'd like to hear from someone as to how this new test mode happens and whether the cartographers are involved in the process.

The new test mode occurs on the Beta side of things, and has integrated the beta testers and yes, cartographers are involved in the process.

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby cairnswk on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:37 pm

IcePack wrote:...
The new test mode occurs on the Beta side of things, and has integrated the beta testers and yes, cartographers are involved in the process.

IcePack

That is wonderful news to hear, thank-you IcePack :)
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby greenoaks on Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:44 pm

Hey bigWham, i really like how you have provided a link to a thread and named the creator of it. i see Qwert's chest has already puffed with pride. :lol: Well done mate.

It would be great if you could implement List player colours in the Instructions tab. It compliments Gilligan's suggestion of Renaming Colour Codes as it doesn't matter one iota what they are called if there isn't a list of them somewhere easily accessable. ;)

And a big congrats to all those who contributed for and against these ideas to get them up to scratch. =D> =D> =D>

Suggs really is the forum to be. :ugeek:
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby agentcom on Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:11 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Suggs really is the forum to be. :ugeek:

Yeah, ever since they kicked that one guy out of there!

Another round of great updates TeamCC. Thanks for keeping it exciting. I love the color commentary in each update announcement, too.

Sloops Fairplonker,
Assistant to the Manager of the Senior Janitorial Inspector of the Spare Bathroom at CC HQ (Temporary Position Only)
Colonel agentcom

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Excellent update! Thanks!
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dualta on Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:56 pm

Excellent updates for sure. The scoreboard is very impressive. Can someone explain to me, however, how the lower profile range score is calculated, please? I'm assuming the higher score is the highest score ever achieved, but I'm not sure how to read the lower score.

Thanks in advance
Brigadier Dualta

Postby blakebowling on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:14 pm

Dualta wrote:Excellent updates for sure. The scoreboard is very impressive. Can someone explain to me, however, how the lower profile range score is calculated, please? I'm assuming the higher score is the highest score ever achieved, but I'm not sure how to read the lower score.

Thanks in advance

It's the minimum and max score since 9/19/2013.
Private blakebowling

Postby Dualta on Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:08 pm

Thanks Blake. Got it now.
Brigadier Dualta

Postby josko.ri on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:57 am

blakebowling wrote:
Dualta wrote:Excellent updates for sure. The scoreboard is very impressive. Can someone explain to me, however, how the lower profile range score is calculated, please? I'm assuming the higher score is the highest score ever achieved, but I'm not sure how to read the lower score.

Thanks in advance

At the moment, my minimum is higher than everyone else's maximum, I think that achievement deserves a medal :mrgreen:

Great improvements, hats down to the owner and his team for the hard work and great ideas! =D>
Major josko.ri

Postby Teflon Kris on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:31 am

bigWham wrote:
Each month players will compete to be both the Monthly Leader and Most Improved, with great Medals and Conquer Credit prizes for the Top 10 in each category. This implements the spirit of a Suggestion originally made by Qwert.

Medals ???
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby sempaispellcheck on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:17 am

josko.ri wrote:At the moment, my minimum is higher than everyone else's maximum, I think that achievement deserves a medal :mrgreen:

Yes, it does, and you have already been awarded that medal. :D
sempai

Postby OliverFA on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:40 am

Nice improvements!
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Postby General Roy on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:58 am

Thanks in advance

Definitely not the lowest and highest score every achieved.
My current range stands at 1671-2125, while my lowest to highest store ever is 933-2406.
Atom1: I've lost my electrons! Atom2: Are you sure? Atom1: Yes I'm positive
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
Sergeant 1st Class General Roy

Postby sempaispellcheck on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:00 am

blakebowling wrote:

Thanks in advance

sempai

Postby General Roy on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:16 am

blakebowling wrote:

Thanks in advance

What do you call the 19th month of the year? ;)
Atom1: I've lost my electrons! Atom2: Are you sure? Atom1: Yes I'm positive
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
Sergeant 1st Class General Roy

Postby Teflon Kris on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:58 am

Teflon Kris wrote:
bigWham wrote:

Medals ???
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby Gilligan on Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:20 pm

Teflon Kris wrote:
Teflon Kris wrote:
bigWham wrote:

Medals ???

What about it? the month just started...
Captain Gilligan

Next

Return to Announcement Archives