Our Scoreboard has expanded with the introduction of the Running Leaderboard. This new leaderboard does not replace our previous (much beloved and maligned) scoreboard, it adds to it a new level of competition through monthly contests and rewards.
Each month players will compete to be both the Monthly Leader and Most Improved, with great Medals and Conquer Credit prizes for the Top 10 in each category. This implements the spirit of a Suggestion originally made by Qwert.
A new Bot is in the Club, and it is the first of our line of Community Bots. So please shake out the sillies by jumping into a game with Conquer Club's Level 3 Bot... the one, the only, the inimitable... saxibot...
Remember the Rainbow Rule, kids!
There are more new features
- Profile Score Ranges Implements the spirit of Suggestion by Shrinky. Note that this uses the Running Scoreboard and shows Min and Max scores where available (if the player has finished 1 game) from 09/19/2013 on. It does not represent the highest/lowest scores ever achieved by a player since that data has never been stored in our databases.
- Bot Upgrades - Some enhancement have been made to Bot personality and Gameplay, and the transition from Player End Turn to Bot Turn is not a lot smoother (you get to see your forts!). Also, per this Suggestion by kizkiz, email notifications have been turned off for Bot Games.
- Rename color codes - Per this Suggestion by Gilligan the color codes for slots 9-12 have been renamed.
- Medals Backend - After the last release that included 5 New Medals, we hit a tipping point with our medal system, where the amount of medal related data crunching it had to do to caused some pages to go very slowly and in some cases timeout. To fix this properly, and to allow us to introduce new medals, we had to rewrite the medal system entirely. The new system is significantly faster and you now should no longer experience hang time on game ends or Medal Stats page loading.
- Increase Delete Time for Tourney Games - To allow people more time to join tourney and clan games we have increased the delete time for these games to 30 days per this Suggestion by kmhebert.
- Map-making enhancements - Last, but definitely not least... we have been working with thenobodies80 and our Cartography team to expand our Map Making capabilities. The following tools are now being used behind the scenes to hopefully bring everyone cooler map experiences in the future:
- Test mode, allowing for the first time maps to be play tested before release
- Map Management - allowing the Map Team to update their own maps in the test environment
- Exclusions, a new feature of Maps enabling Map Specialization... which means that a Map can be designed for specific combinations of Game Play options rather than having to be simultaneously designed for every set of options (an increasingly impossible task!)
Assistant to the Manager of the Senior Janitorial Inspector of the Spare Bathroom at CC HQ (Temporary Position Only)