Conquer Club

Updates 11/02/13 - New Scoreboard, New Bot and more

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Updates 11/02/13 - New Scoreboard, New Bot and more

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:39 pm

General Roy wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
Dualta wrote:Excellent updates for sure. The scoreboard is very impressive. Can someone explain to me, however, how the lower profile range score is calculated, please? I'm assuming the higher score is the highest score ever achieved, but I'm not sure how to read the lower score.

Thanks in advance

It's the minimum and max score since 9/19/2013.

What do you call the 19th month of the year? ;)

Forgive him, he's American. Americans do that stupid thing where they reverse the day and the month.
:lol:
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby cairnswk on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:06 pm

must say that i'm very impressed with the new scoreboard layout and the use made of the data :)
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby takman2k on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:28 pm

Can I get a position too? Like in charge of holding up a BOLTED IN water fountain, or something?
Sergeant 1st Class takman2k

Postby EagleofGreenErth on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:00 am

Just curious.... noticed some players have "been awarded more than 30 medals for things such as tournament contribution and such. Their image still shows "XXX" but I think they are getting more than 30 to their medal count. Whats up with medals past 30 for people?
Corporal 1st Class EagleofGreenErth

Postby D4 Damager on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:49 am

Running scoreboard and monthly snapshots and prizes are really nice ideas, they will keep things fresh and encourage more newcomers.

Now go back and start it a month earlier so I can win 750 credits ;)
Colonel D4 Damager

Postby betiko on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:39 am

EagleofGreenErth wrote:Just curious.... noticed some players have "been awarded more than 30 medals for things such as tournament contribution and such. Their image still shows "XXX" but I think they are getting more than 30 to their medal count. Whats up with medals past 30 for people?

Nope. I got 39 tourneys held i think and my medal count takes 30 into consideration. Look at the suggestions forum they will redesign something about it.
Also, like gilligan, i now have too many medal types for all of them to be displayed :lol:
And about that; can you explain the challenge medals? Is this going to be based on the scoreboards stuff, or will it be specific challenges like doomyoshi started running this year?
Major betiko

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:44 am

EagleofGreenErth wrote:Just curious.... noticed some players have "been awarded more than 30 medals for things such as tournament contribution and such. Their image still shows "XXX" but I think they are getting more than 30 to their medal count. Whats up with medals past 30 for people?

The medal cap was raised from 30 to 50 in the August 30th update: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=195248#p4271426

However, there is no graphic for medals between 30 and 50, so it just shows XXX. Also, it isn't retroactive, so only new medals earned after August 30th count.

A more permanent solution has been worked out in the Suggestions forum http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=535&t=196895#p4306696 With a bit of luck, it will be implemented soon.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby sempaispellcheck on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:32 am

betiko wrote:And about that; can you explain the challenge medals? Is this going to be based on the scoreboards stuff, or will it be specific challenges like doomyoshi started running this year?

The Entertainment Team will be working with DoomYoshi to run Official Challenges in the style of the unofficial challenges he ran in March, April, and May, and Challenge Medals will be awarded to people who meet the new Official Challenges.
Challenge Medals will not be awarded retroactively.
The details are still being worked out. Once they are, an announcement will be made to explain everything.

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby Vlasov on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:53 am

Is Saxibot any smarter than the first two bots? Oh, I'm not sure... depends on the map, maybe? Who designed the AI for these CC bots?

You guys should enable games against multiple bots, as done at http://www.victorsunited.com... if you have enough artificial intelligence code. Multiple bots tend to kill each other off before attacking a Human, at that site.... but it's always a challenge.
Cadet Vlasov

Postby Gilligan on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:04 pm

Vlasov wrote:Is Saxibot any smarter than the first two bots? Oh, I'm not sure... depends on the map, maybe? Who designed the AI for these CC bots?

You guys should enable games against multiple bots, as done at http://www.victorsunited.com... if you have enough artificial intelligence code. Multiple bots tend to kill each other off before attacking a Human, at that site.... but it's always a challenge.

Well, it doubles the win ratio that Sassbot has...
Captain Gilligan

Postby Vlasov on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:08 pm

So, you're saying that Saxibot is smarter than Sassbot?
Cadet Vlasov

Postby lackattack on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:56 pm

Qwert wrote:well i must say that i dont give applause to lackattack and el jefe,,but bigwham deserve applause.
So far he show quite big enthusiasm, and hes implementations its so fast, that this its one big positive move :)

I have to agree with you Qwert, bigwham is making me look bad...

... and it is really nice to see. Well done !!! =D> :P
Sergeant lackattack

Postby josko.ri on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:29 am

lackattack wrote:
Qwert wrote:well i must say that i dont give applause to lackattack and el jefe,,but bigwham deserve applause.
So far he show quite big enthusiasm, and hes implementations its so fast, that this its one big positive move :)

I have to agree with you Qwert, bigwham is making me look bad...

... and it is really nice to see. Well done !!! =D> :P

Judging by lackattack's current score, it seems that Sassbot is his multi :D
Major josko.ri

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:15 am

Not sure I'm a fan of the "most improved" scoreboard, since a few lucky doodle assassins could sort that easily..
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:43 am

[break - break - break]

ATTENTION, PLEASE

I have just been informed the mainframe powering Saxibot is down for the next 72 hours. During this period of time Saxibot will have to be manually controlled. As a result, I will personally be taking all of Saxibots turns for the next 72 hours only. I have set up 6 computers in my conservatory and I also have CC loaded on my iDroid feature phone. My g/f Esmerelda has made me a large pot of coffee, and I've pre-ordered the next 3 days worth of meals from the Crab Shack for home delivery. I have also run a 2-mile line from my cable modem to my 1982 Cadillac Cimarron, which gives me enough range to drive with my laptop connected to the internet from my garage to the front door of the Santa Barbara Senior Center, while still taking Saxibots turns (I shouldn't need to do this, but I'm also on-call right now if they need a sub to teach one of the nature photography classes).

Nonetheless, depending on the number of people simultaneously attempting to play Saxibot, there may be occasional delays or missed turns. I ask you to please bear with me during this trying time. If you can help me out by playing Sassbot, instead of Saxibot, it will be appreciated.

Thank you for your attention and cooperation in this matter.

Celebrate Rainbows 'n Sunshine,
Uncle Saxi!
Unofficial CC Happiness Ombudsman / Alternate Dispute Resolution Forum Adjudicator

edit: errors in my Englishing
Last edited by saxitoxin on Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby agentcom on Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:45 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Not sure I'm a fan of the "most improved" scoreboard, since a few lucky doodle assassins could sort that easily..

Or it could turn into "Who won their standard Battle Royale game this month (and then did okay in their other games)?" This in turn would lead people to cry about standard BRs (as opposed to terminators), which could lead the site to cut back further on standard BRs. That would truly be a shame because there are far too few standard BRs offered anyway. (Only 25 of the last 100 BRs was standard.)

@Sax ... lol
Colonel agentcom

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:24 am

agentcom wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Not sure I'm a fan of the "most improved" scoreboard, since a few lucky doodle assassins could sort that easily..

Or it could turn into "Who won their standard Battle Royale game this month (and then did okay in their other games)?" This in turn would lead people to cry about standard BRs (as opposed to terminators), which could lead the site to cut back further on standard BRs. That would truly be a shame because there are far too few standard BRs offered anyway. (Only 25 of the last 100 BRs was standard.)

Exactly. There are a few things that can skew that scoreboard quite easily, so I personally won't give it much weight.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Gilligan on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:27 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
agentcom wrote:

Exactly. There are a few things that can skew that scoreboard quite easily, so I personally won't give it much weight.

BRs don't happen SO often that it completely ruins the integrity of the scoreboard. Also, the game is all about the dice, right? Winning enough assdoodles in a row to shoot you up that high would also be pretty rare.
Captain Gilligan

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:48 pm

Or you can just figure out some settings like benclub is doing. Pretty impressive!

And winning a few doodles?? Please! Who could win enough of those straight to be the monthly number 1 if there is no cheating?
Major betiko

Postby simmons4 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:04 pm

Gilligan wrote:
Vlasov wrote:Is Saxibot any smarter than the first two bots? Oh, I'm not sure... depends on the map, maybe? Who designed the AI for these CC bots?

Well, it doubles the win ratio that Sassbot has...

I don't know about smarter but I would love to have its extremely good dice and a 3 card set 80 percent of the time.
Colonel simmons4

Postby gradybridges on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:11 pm

how come the 2nd and 3rd bots don't count towards the bot medal?
Lieutenant gradybridges

Postby spiesr on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:30 pm

gradybridges wrote:how come the 2nd and 3rd bots don't count towards the bot medal?
Level 1 Bots count towards the bronze medal, 2 silver, 3 gold.
Captain spiesr

Postby ComposerNate on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:49 pm

Saxibot seems to know when you have a bonus zone in a fog game before you get the bonus the next turn, even if it was only neutrals you had to eliminate to take it, and when he couldn't see any of the neutrals. He's definitely a lot smarter than the other two.
High score & rank:
1850/Captain
July 6, 2014

2011-03-23 18:49:46 - neutral player eliminated ComposerNate from the game
Captain ComposerNate

Postby agentcom on Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:58 pm

ComposerNate wrote:Saxibot seems to know when you have a bonus zone in a fog game before you get the bonus the next turn, even if it was only neutrals you had to eliminate to take it, and when he couldn't see any of the neutrals. He's definitely a lot smarter than the other two.

I noticed that, too. I'm not sure if Sax can see through the fog or what. Although it might be necessary to allow it to since it's so easy to beat the bots now.
Colonel agentcom

Postby codierose on Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:45 pm

agentcom wrote:
ComposerNate wrote:Saxibot seems to know when you have a bonus zone in a fog game before you get the bonus the next turn, even if it was only neutrals you had to eliminate to take it, and when he couldn't see any of the neutrals. He's definitely a lot smarter than the other two.

I noticed that, too. I'm not sure if Sax can see through the fog or what. Although it might be necessary to allow it to since it's so easy to beat the bots now.

so you condoning cheating :D

is there anyway the best players for each map be added to the scoreboard according to score [-o<
Major codierose

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives