Conquer Club

What video/computer game are you currently playing?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What video/computer game are you currently playing?

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:18 am

Really a visual novel, but I've been watching Millbeeful's LP of Katawa Shoujo. Over 100 episodes (not quite done with it) and each and every one is pretty funny the way he does it.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby john9blue on Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:30 pm

everyone laughs at the concept of katawo shoujo... and then they play it... and then they cry

it would probably be just as well to watch an LP of it, though, since it's mostly dialogue
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:45 pm

john9blue wrote:everyone laughs at the concept of katawo shoujo... and then they play it... and then they cry

it would probably be just as well to watch an LP of it, though, since it's mostly dialogue

Millbee makes the sad and depressing moments funny. You should check it out sometime.

But he does a great job with cliffhangers, to the point it frustrates those watching his videos.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:33 pm

Two items to mention: Humble Bundle is now officially launching a store (since indie developers have long been using their check out system anyways): https://www.humblebundle.com/store Some discounts on a few titles in this initial launch.

Also, FTL is getting a free expansion, due out in early 2014. It will also be available in IPAD as well. Here are the deets of the new expansion:

FTL: Advanced Edition

Weā€™ve been working hard over the summer and are excited to finally officially announce a free expansion, FTL: Advanced Edition! FTL: AE is a huge content addition that includes new weapons, drones, augments, systems, enemies, and more. Here are some details on just a few of the additions visible in the trailer:

Mind Control System: Temporarily turn enemies into allies. Force a boarder to repair the damage they just did, or have the enemy pilot sabotage their own helm.

Hacking System: Lockdown and disrupt enemy systems. Unique effects for each system, ranging from forcing a teleporter remove boarders to making the medbay damage instead of heal.

New Sector and Events: Our writer Tom Jubert has returned along with special guest writer Chris Avellone (of Planescape fame), who managed to find some time for us between his work on Project Eternity and Wasteland 2. Theyā€™ve been helping us add a new sector and scatter new events throughout the rest of the game.

New Weapons and Effects: Many new weapons that take advantage of new mechanics: overcharging to increase the number of volleys, stun effects to freeze crew, and area effect targeting, to name a few.

And more systems, drones, augments, enemy ships, enemy layouts, and hostile environments. All of which weā€™ll be sure to talk about more in the coming weeks!

In addition to new content, weā€™ve continued to polish FTL and add some of the most requested small features. As a few examples: youā€™ll be able to save your crew positions and send them back to battle-stations, save and quit during combat, and find more items for purchase in stores.

For the purists out there, FTL vanilla will still be available. All of the new content can be disabled from within the hangar before starting a new game.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby khazalid on Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:57 pm

i want pvz2 but my shitty phone wont fucking play it.

gtaV story mode is excellent, really it is.
had i been wise, i would have seen that her simplicity cost her a fortune
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:18 am

AndyDufresne wrote:Amazon had a deal on the Walking Dead (the Tell Tale Episodic Game) and the DLC for like 7 bucks, so I picked it up. More of an interactive sort of choose your own adventure story than a real game, but probably worth the 7 bucks.

--Andy

That's next on my list (I'm still fully immersed in Europa Universalis IV).

TheProwler wrote:I'm finding Red Dead Redemption to be so-so. I think I don't get the same connection to the characters in console games...it might be the bigger room that hurts the immersion...being more aware of reality...not sure...some day I'll bring the PS3 up to my computer desk and play it through my monitor and see how it is...

This is very interesting. I think Red Dead is probably my favorite non-strategy game of all time and I had no problem connecting to the characters on the X-Box 360. You mention the monitor, but do you think it has something to do with where your PS3 is located in your house/apartment?
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Symmetry on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:13 am

Humble Indie Bundle is back, and I apologise if someone has mentioned the link before:

http://www.humblebundle.com

You can pick up Batman Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Scribblenauts and two of the F.E.A.R. games for under $10.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby TheProwler on Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:32 pm

thegreekdog wrote:This is very interesting. I think Red Dead is probably my favorite non-strategy game of all time and I had no problem connecting to the characters on the X-Box 360. You mention the monitor, but do you think it has something to do with where your PS3 is located in your house/apartment?

Maybe...I actually have a picture of the area online....it's in my basement in a pretty open area...really good DTS surround sound system...good sub woofer...the TV is 58"...I turn the lights off, so it's just me and the screen...

I think maybe I sit too far away from the TV...I'm probably only about 8 or 9 feet away...

I should say that this is my favourite TV to watch movies on because I can really get absorbed...the room is really dark with the lights off...

I wonder if I'm just not as familiar with the PS3 controls as the computer keyboard/mouse combo. That might take my mind away from the game a little bit and hurt the immersion...
El Capitan X wrote:The people in flame wars just seem to get dimmer and dimmer. Seriously though, I love your style, always a good read.
General TheProwler

Postby TheProwler on Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:49 pm

Symmetry wrote:Humble Indie Bundle is back, and I apologise if someone has mentioned the link before:

You can pick up Batman Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Scribblenauts and two of the F.E.A.R. games for under $10.

I've never heard of this site...just when Andy D. mentioned it a few posts ago...smokin' deals!

Thanks.
El Capitan X wrote:The people in flame wars just seem to get dimmer and dimmer. Seriously though, I love your style, always a good read.
General TheProwler

Postby Symmetry on Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:54 pm

TheProwler wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Humble Indie Bundle is back, and I apologise if someone has mentioned the link before:

I've never heard of this site...just when Andy D. mentioned it a few posts ago...smokin' deals!

Thanks.

They are very good. I'd also recommend gog.com as worth checking out, though they're a different model. Humble Indie bundle let you pay what you want, but if you pay above average (currently around $5) you get more games.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:13 am

Random question for the "portable gamers" (i.e. ... that handheld stuff which is more advanced them gameboy):

Are any of those consoles worth it?

Given their limited capacity, those kinds of games seem no greater than any flash ani. game on the internet. Convince me that I'm wrong, and I shall send forth an apology gif!
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:54 am

TheProwler wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:This is very interesting. I think Red Dead is probably my favorite non-strategy game of all time and I had no problem connecting to the characters on the X-Box 360. You mention the monitor, but do you think it has something to do with where your PS3 is located in your house/apartment?

Maybe...I actually have a picture of the area online....it's in my basement in a pretty open area...really good DTS surround sound system...good sub woofer...the TV is 58"...I turn the lights off, so it's just me and the screen...

I think maybe I sit too far away from the TV...I'm probably only about 8 or 9 feet away...

I should say that this is my favourite TV to watch movies on because I can really get absorbed...the room is really dark with the lights off...

I wonder if I'm just not as familiar with the PS3 controls as the computer keyboard/mouse combo. That might take my mind away from the game a little bit and hurt the immersion...

I guess that could be it. Your room looks much better than mine.

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:10 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Random question for the "portable gamers" (i.e. ... that handheld stuff which is more advanced them gameboy):

Are any of those consoles worth it?

Given their limited capacity, those kinds of games seem no greater than any flash ani. game on the internet. Convince me that I'm wrong, and I shall send forth an apology gif!

I've heard good things about the PS Vita, and if you have a Play Station and are on the go and want to continue playing games, it is evidently good for that.

But I'm pretty much PC only, so I don't know too much else.

--Andy

Postby TheProwler on Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:54 pm

thegreekdog wrote:I guess that could be it.

Yeah, I think next time I play the PS3 I'll try plopping a chair in front of the sofa and see if that gets me more into the game...
General TheProwler

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:03 pm

TheProwler wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:I guess that could be it.

Yeah, I think next time I play the PS3 I'll try plopping a chair in front of the sofa and see if that gets me more into the game...

That's how I play X-Box actually - in a small room, close to the TV. It almost simulates being at a computer, which, again, I've never thought about before. I can see how playing a game like Baldur's Gate would be less enthralling on a TV than on a computer.

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:30 am

thegreekdog wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Amazon had a deal on the Walking Dead (the Tell Tale Episodic Game) and the DLC for like 7 bucks, so I picked it up. More of an interactive sort of choose your own adventure story than a real game, but probably worth the 7 bucks.

--Andy

You can get the 5 episodes from the extra DLC episode on Amazon for $7.49 right now: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ELJRCDO

Also, FTL is $5: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CIBB0OY

And Bioshock Triple pack for $15: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DOD0TZG

--Andy

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:54 am

AndyDufresne wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

--Andy

You can get the 5 episodes from the extra DLC episode on Amazon for $7.49 right now: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ELJRCDO

Also, FTL is $5: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CIBB0OY

And Bioshock Triple pack for $15: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DOD0TZG

--Andy

Nice. I may have to purchase Bioshock (finally).

thegreekdog wrote:That's how I play X-Box actually - in a small room, close to the TV. It almost simulates being at a computer, which, again, I've never thought about before. I can see how playing a game like Baldur's Gate would be less enthralling on a TV than on a computer.

The more I think about this, the more I'm convinced that computer is better. I think about being hunched over, a few inches from the screen, playing an RPG... that is definitely more satisfying than sitting on a couch, 10+ feet from the television.

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:46 pm

Some nice download deals:

There are probably a couple of people out there who haven't yet got into Skyrim. You can get the 'legendary edition' which includes the DLC, for $20 or so: http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/p ... ition.html

It's a pretty sweet deal, down 40 bucks or so.

And if you are looking to play the new Tomb Raider, also big discount to $12.50 from $50. I haven't played this though: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/p ... mb-raider/

Also, Civ 5 plus Brave New World Expansion: $20 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ELJROFA

And Steam has 50% Europa Universalis 4 -- $20.00

--Andy

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:29 pm

Steam is having an Autumn Sale, which may not be as good as their expected X-mas/Holiday sale, but a couple of decent deals out there:

http://store.steampowered.com/

I suggest Skyrim for $7.50 or the Legendary Edition for $20.00

Walking Dead for $6.25

Portal for $2.50 and Portal 2 for $5.00

FTL for $5.00

FEZ for $5.00

--Andy

Postby Frigidus on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:46 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Steam is having an Autumn Sale, which may not be as good as their expected X-mas/Holiday sale, but a couple of decent deals out there:

http://store.steampowered.com/

I suggest Skyrim for $7.50 or the Legendary Edition for $20.00

Walking Dead for $6.25

Portal for $2.50 and Portal 2 for $5.00

FTL for $5.00

FEZ for $5.00

--Andy

If you haven't played it Sleeping Dogs is definitely worth $5 as well. The open world aspect isn't on GTA levels, but the combat is so damn satisfying.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:49 pm

FTL cheaper on GOG: http://www.gog.com/game/faster_than_light?a

--Andy

Postby GioDuce on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:59 pm

I saw several total war games up here.

At the moment i'm playing Total war : Rome II ,
I don't play it as dedicated ad Conquer Club, i'm playing single campaign and 1 vs 1 campaign with a Real life friend that also plays C C.

Who else knows the game and plays it ?
Cook GioDuce

Postby mrswdk on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:51 am

I only played the Shogun and Medieval Total Wars. #oldschool

Now re-playing Advance Wars 2. Just finished FFVI.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:06 pm

Played Shogun, Medieval, Rome, Medieval 2, and Empires. PC can barely handle Empires.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:14 pm

mrswdk wrote:I only played the Shogun and Medieval Total Wars. #oldschool

Now re-playing Advance Wars 2. Just finished FFVI.

FFVI is pretty epic isnt it? I wish FF would go back to their old ways.

Playing PS4 - OneShot610 - hit me up
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,