Conquer Club

An Unproven Hypothesis, The Rise of Ignorance.

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What are the facts? Please keep an open mind and read the article first before casting your vote.

Total votes : 0

Re: An Unproven Hypothesis, The Rise of Ignorance.

Postby hahaha3hahaha on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:55 pm

-deleted-
Last edited by hahaha3hahaha on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cook hahaha3hahaha

Postby Frigidus on Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:02 pm

hahaha3hahaha wrote:
Teflon Kris wrote:
I would hardly call it a study of behaviour, unless you would consider biology as a whole a study of behaviour.

Natural selection is more so behaviour than science. Also, didn't he ditch NS for lamarckism..? Which is again, science, but not really...

I'm not sure who you mean by "he", but if you're referring to Darwin Lamarck died when he was 20. He was most definitely wrong in his conclusions, but he was still much closer to the truth than any of his contemporaries. I would compare his model of evolution to Democritus' model of the atom. It can be viewed through a modern lense as a flawed theory, but the core idea was not wrong.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby tzor on Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Frigidus wrote:If an individual organism picks up a certain personality trait over the course of its life it won't mean anything on the sort of timescale that evolution occurs in.

That's not exactly true; there are some nurture/nature tendencies in organisms where it is possible to ingrain skills from parent to child. But this is so much more variable than genetic mutation it looks like Brownian motion on any evolutionary timescale.
Cadet tzor

Postby Artimis on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:30 am

I'm on page 4 of this thread so far, I've been laugh so hard I thought I was going to cry! :lol: :lol: :lol:

mrswdk, are you here?

Where are we on the debate of the theory of evolution? Are the apparent 'missing links' between species still being cited as evidence that evolution doesn't work or is incomplete?

EDIT: Still reading and STILL LAUGHING! :lol:

Museums are in some kind of global conspiracy to deceive the public with a view to destroying the credibility of religion? :lol: It seems that in the grossly improbable event that the museums were engaged in such activity, all involved could simply pack up and go home because Viceroy63 is doing the most outstanding job that utterly eclipses any subversive effect they could accomplish. :lol: :lol:

I'll go back to reading now.

EDIT_II: Love the argument on the 2nd law of thermodynamics!

If only it would be true, then we no longer need to worry about the heat death of the universe when the maximal state of entropy is achieved with the smoothing out of all imbalance(and therefore any structure that could have resulted). AND perpetual motion machines would be possible, thus replacing the need to burn fossil fuels or invest in alternative 'green technologies', the environment is saved! HUZZAH! Thank you Viceroy, you're awesome!

P.S. Still laughing! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Artimis on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
==================================================
This post was sponsored by Far-Q Industries.

Far-Q Industries: Telling you where to go since 2008.
Captain Artimis

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:51 am

Artimis, I am not sure if you dedication is to be lauded or seen as foolhardy. Probably both.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Artimis on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:41 pm

I'm on page 20, seems we've veered off course into a discussion on the Bible and how skewed the interpretation is depending on which written language you're reading. Can someone give me a heads up on how long the Bible discussion goes on for? Or if this thread even gets back onto track in discussing science and not theology?

At least Neuroscience and Quantum Mechanics can breathe a sigh of relief that they're not subject to this industrial strength bullshit PR campaign!

EDIT: So the Moon is made of cheese? Awesome, put in an order for Lunar-zola for me when the next mission is launched ot the Moon, or just ask Wallace if he has any spare in his fridge, might be easier and less costly. :)

EDIT_II: Uh oh, I wondered when (Un?)Intelligent Design would rear its ugly head, shouldn't have clicked on the play button for his Youtube clip. :(

EDIT_III: Urrrrgh. :sick: I thought I could make it to page 30, but I must have barreled throughone to many of Viceroy's wall-of-text's. I need a break from this fruit loopery! :sick:

Captain Artimis

Postby crispybits on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:37 am

Page 20 something is still showing excellent stamina - tbh we all just started skim reading Viceroy's posts, once you've read a couple of them they're fairly predictable.
Major crispybits

Postby Artimis on Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:12 am

Props to mejihn7779 for the Talking Snowmen, also it reminds me of the Doctor Who Christmas special from last year. Except those Snowmen didn't talk, but they were dangerous..... and hungry!

Snowmen with sharks teeth, scary! :shock:

EDIT: Ok, so by page 31 Viceroy63 still says that mutation that filters viable organisms from non-viable organisms through natural selection is not evolution? Does that mean he's writing off Evolution as a myth along with Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy? Great..... so who told my ancestors to grow bigger brains, walk on two feet and develop language, culture, agriculture, cooking and all the other technologies that followed thereafter? :roll:

EDIT_II: Spontaneous generation?! Didn't this get debunked over a century ago?

EDIT_III: As we approach the halfway mark, we're on to plate tectonics, this is fucking awesome! :lol: Of course no self respecting clams would allow themselves get stranded up a mountain, least of all the highest point on Earth, Mount Everest. :lol: :lol: Well, except maybe the dead ones that got buried in what was then the sea floor......

EDIT_IV: AAARRRRGGGHHH! Winter is on its way and I have my window open for fresh(and bloody cold!) air. I've run into another Wall-of-text post from Viceroy, this must be what it feels like to attempt to climb Mount Everest! :shock: Viceroy63 also has the most amazing fixation on infamous paleontological hoaxes, exactly the same type of unrelenting fixation that universalchiro exhibited for the absence of sediment older than 4,500 years on the Atlantic ocean floor........

EDIT_V: Before premio53 gave a remarkably precise description of how large Noah's Ark would have to be to accommodate all the animals on page 46, I did wonder how exactly Noah, his wife, his three sons and their partners were supposed to clear out all the shit by themselves. I very seriously doubt that the pair of Dung Beetles on board the Ark would have been THAT much help either..... :-k

Captain Artimis

Postby Artimis on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:57 am

Hurrah! Page 50 completed, Noah's Ark must have been utilising Tardis technology to pack enough food for all 100,000 animals onboard for 40 days and 40 nights. Also Noah and his family were the very model of time and motion efficiency when it came to distributing the food and then removing the resultant crap afterwards. :D

Captain Artimis

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:34 pm

Dramatic Reenactment of Artimis' Journey through this Thread.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby crispybits on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:56 pm

I particularly liked the bit on that page where they said that thing about the stuff that happened like, ages ago and how that proves the other stuff about that big thing someone said about. Particularly when they backed it up with some other stuff someone smart said right before he said "but those wotsits are bogus man!"
Major crispybits

Postby Frigidus on Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:05 pm

I hope you don't think you're almost done, you've got so much more to catch up on.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1562
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby crispybits on Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:10 pm

lol 387 pages (and that's before we start on this - only 230 pages, but even more of the joy of Lionz is contained within)
Major crispybits

Postby Artimis on Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:28 pm

crispybits wrote:lol 387 pages (and that's before we start on this - only 230 pages, but even more of the joy of Lionz is contained within)

So if An Unproven Hypothesis, The Rise of Ignorance. is the equivalent of Mount Everest then Post Any Evidence For God Here would be K2?....... No thanks, I'll pass!

Captain Artimis

Postby crispybits on Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:49 pm

More like Unproven Hypothesis is Mont Blanc, Evidence for God is Mount McKinley, and Logical God is Everest (North Face)

And I would go find a few of Lionz' posts in either of the other 2 if you can - they really are works of art (you'll know what I'm talking about the second you see one - very hard to miss)
Major crispybits

Postby Artimis on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:05 pm

premio53's post, page 52
premio53 wrote:I don't know Einstein but he sure hit evolution in the head.

show: A Dramatic WHAT

.........WHAT?! :?:

Since when did Astrophysics have anything to say about Biology and/or Evolution? :-s

EDIT: I have to say, I'm with Frigidus in the 'typing opinions > linking videos' issue. What I did when confronted with yet more 30 minute, 60 minute and 90 minute videos was to leave the latest video running whilst I opened a new tab to keep reading Viceroy's bollocks.... Errr, I mean posts. That way I don't waste a whole 30, 60 or 90 minutes on top of the 30, 60 or 90 minutes I've already spent watching a video in Viceroy's latest wall-of-text offensive.

EDIT_II So where the bloody hell is mrswdk? I'm sure mrswdk was going to laugh at evolution, or at least present an argument on why evolution should be laughed at.
Last edited by Artimis on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Artimis

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:48 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Image

Dramatic Reenactment of Artimis' Journey through this Thread.

Godspeed, Artimis. Godspeed.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Artimis on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:29 pm

Page 60 now and we're in how-to-interpret-the-Bible-in-the-most-convoluted-way-possible territory again. Why would the Earths equator be a flat line? Furthermore why does he keep citing the Bible(which is an historical treatise<insert-pinch-of-salt-here> and not a biological treatise) as proof that Evolution theory is false? :?

The only flat line I can observe from here is Viceroy63's learning curve!

EDIT: Eating your own fecal matter was something I only thought rabbits did in order to get the maximum nutrients out of their food. As it turns out, quite a few other species do this also(Wiki link), it's called Coprophagia, eating your own shit is pretty much on the same level of bad idea and bad logic as the procreationist posts in this thread. :sick:
Last edited by Artimis on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Artimis

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:38 pm

sweet thread title
Major Phatscotty

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:44 pm

Phatscotty wrote:sweet thread title

Yeah, it's a peach.

The Incredibly Fair And Evenhanded Poll is one for the record books, too.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Artimis on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:16 am

I'm on page 65 and I feel another dramatically epic "WHAT?!" coming on.....

General theory of evolution, that's a new one on me, is Viceroy about to equte physics with biology again? Or was that Premio's stunt? They're all merging into one for me.

EDIT: Lovely! Now the origins of Father Christmas is up for debate, evolution anyone? Also those posts are dated as early March, so why the hell is this even coming up in the first place? If it were seasonal then you should be discussing the origins of the Easter Bunny instead. Or maybe the origin of species will do. ;)

EDIT_II: Oh wow, I made it past page 70 without noticing until I got to page 73, this debate actually got interesting, at least more interesting than Viceroy trying to out spam everyone else in a wall-of-text apocalypse. :shock:

Captain Artimis

Postby universalchiro on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:44 am

Artimis wrote:Hurrah! Page 50 completed, Noah's Ark must have been utilising Tardis technology to pack enough food for all 100,000 animals onboard for 40 days and 40 nights. Also Noah and his family were the very model of time and motion efficiency when it came to distributing the food and then removing the resultant crap afterwards. :D

Go Artimis Go. I'm actually rooting for you to finish.
Your number of 100,000 animals on board the Ark, seems really high. Take dogs for example, if there are approximately 1,000 species of dog and all dogs are descendants of the wolf, wouldn't Noah just need a male and female wolf? Seems sufficient to me.
The Bible uses the word "kind", one male and one female of every kind. Mankind breaks kinds into different categories. So I'm thinking a "Kind" would be closer to a Kingdom classification.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Artimis on Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:53 am

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=182529&start=1170#p4221676
crispybits wrote:
Woodruff wrote:I'm beginning to believe that Viceroy subscribes to the theory that the banana is clear evidence that man was created rather than evolved. After all, look how perfectly the banana fits into the human hand.

For anyone who needs a laugh and hasn't seen it yet:

I had a good giggle over that one. I predict that before I scroll down any further that Viceroy will immediately seize on that video as further evidence that evolution is false, based on a lie, worthless, etc and state how it shows indisputably that Intelligent Design is right and can explain all observed phenomena in the natural world.

Or some bollocks to that effect. :lol:

Captain Artimis

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:59 am

universalchiro wrote:
Artimis wrote:Hurrah! Page 50 completed, Noah's Ark must have been utilising Tardis technology to pack enough food for all 100,000 animals onboard for 40 days and 40 nights. Also Noah and his family were the very model of time and motion efficiency when it came to distributing the food and then removing the resultant crap afterwards. :D

Your number of 100,000 animals on board the Ark, seems really high. Take dogs for example, if there are approximately 1,000 species of dog and all dogs are descendants of the wolf, wouldn't Noah just need a male and female wolf? Seems sufficient to me.
The Bible uses the word "kind", one male and one female of every kind. Mankind breaks kinds into different categories. So I'm thinking a "Kind" would be closer to a Kingdom classification.

If you think evolution is a hoax, then dogs can't descend from wolves. You can't have it both ways.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby chang50 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:09 am

Dukasaur wrote:
universalchiro wrote:

If you think evolution is a hoax, then dogs can't descend from wolves. You can't have it both ways.

I reckon he will say they all of the same 'kind'.
Captain chang50

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,