Conquer Club

MAP RANK

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

MAP RANK

Postby Qwert on Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:29 pm

I try to take map rank for frox333, but its not work,, its come tyo 95% and stop?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: MAP RANK

Postby Keefie on Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:19 pm

Qwert wrote:I try to take map rank for frox333, but its not work,, its come tyo 95% and stop?

He gets stuck on 95% for me too.

You get stuck on 91% and if I do myself it's 98%.

I also tried player Jurasu and it completed ok.
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby JamesKer1 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:36 pm

If you've done poly games, it doesn't work.

viewtopic.php?f=526&t=183835&start=30
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby Vid_FISO on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:55 am

a fix that bypasses poly games that works for some
viewtopic.php?f=528&t=198476
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby Agent 86 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:39 am

True and thanks Vid..still not a true Map Rank, Poly Games will hopefully be updated in Map Rank GL in the near future.
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby BoganGod on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:50 am

Any progress as yet? I'm hating having to relearn counting skills. Ain't no one got time for that shit.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby BoganGod on Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:56 pm

Hello, anyone working on fixing what got busted? Anyone? This is the right spot for answers right? ANSWER PLEASE. Detailed and concise, containing realistic time frame for fix.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby spiesr on Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Map Rank is a user created add-on which is not developed and maintained by the site itself. Questions about it should best be placed in the thread for the add-on. Map Rank was discontinued by its creator in 2011 and, to my knowledge, nobody has permanently taken over maintaining it. ender516 came up with what I think is the latest version earlier this year, but I don't know if he has any plans to fix it again. You can try asking in that thread.
Captain spiesr

Postby BoganGod on Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:55 am

spiesr wrote:Map Rank is a user created add-on which is not developed and maintained by the site itself. Questions about it should best be placed in the thread for the add-on. Map Rank was discontinued by its creator in 2011 and, to my knowledge, nobody has permanently taken over maintaining it. ender516 came up with what I think is the latest version earlier this year, but I don't know if he has any plans to fix it again. You can try asking in that thread.

THANK YOU, for your non answer. Well aware is an add on. An add on that worked until some over change happy muppets changed things without road testing them. So my question still stands. When are the people that broke it, going to fix it?
Corporal BoganGod

Postby blakebowling on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:37 am

BoganGod wrote:
spiesr wrote:Map Rank is a user created add-on which is not developed and maintained by the site itself. Questions about it should best be placed in the thread for the add-on. Map Rank was discontinued by its creator in 2011 and, to my knowledge, nobody has permanently taken over maintaining it. ender516 came up with what I think is the latest version earlier this year, but I don't know if he has any plans to fix it again. You can try asking in that thread.

THANK YOU, for your non answer. Well aware is an add on. An add on that worked until some over change happy muppets changed things without road testing them. So my question still stands. When are the people that broke it, going to fix it?

As spiesr stated, Map Rank is an addon. It is not supported or developed by the CC developers. I'm sure this won't deter you from posting in the forums and on my wall about it, but it isn't something that we created and as such isn't something that we update.
Private blakebowling

Postby HardAttack on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:53 am

blakebowling wrote:
BoganGod wrote:

As spiesr stated, Map Rank is an addon. It is not supported or developed by the CC developers. I'm sure this won't deter you from posting in the forums and on my wall about it, but it isn't something that we created and as such isn't something that we update.

I am not going to word if it is user created add-on or not, one thing that is certain, popular, valid and spread, that is this tool under consideration is pretty handy tool all over site users.

New management, without a doubt, came with a lot of out standing new ideas and they are not any lazy but put all these new ideas now be around for our taste and use. At this point, i would like to suggest, is this map rank thing, which is really handy which is super clear, dont you think blake, we can implement it to be a site tool instead user created add-on ?
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby blakebowling on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:45 pm

HardAttack wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
BoganGod wrote:

I am not going to word if it is user created add-on or not, one thing that is certain, popular, valid and spread, that is this tool under consideration is pretty handy tool all over site users.

New management, without a doubt, came with a lot of out standing new ideas and they are not any lazy but put all these new ideas now be around for our taste and use. At this point, i would like to suggest, is this map rank thing, which is really handy which is super clear, dont you think blake, we can implement it to be a site tool instead user created add-on ?

We have been looking into implementing a few user-originated scripts (to start with, at least). This will take some time before we are able to complete, as we will likely need to re-write most of the functionality of the scripts.
Private blakebowling

Postby JamesKer1 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:55 pm

There are already numerous topics about implementing Map Rank, BoB, and Chatglove (I think) features into the site. Check suggestions ;)
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby BoganGod on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:36 am

JamesKer1 wrote:There are already numerous topics about implementing Map Rank, BoB, and Chatglove (I think) features into the site. Check suggestions ;)

Thank you captain obvious. This is not a suggestion, it is asking a question. Asking for help. Begging for justice. Asking those that busted a working stable add on, to fix said add on.

Have been having a convo with the general thread locker in chief(blake), about map rank. I don't think it is good enough to roll out a great and useful update/new feature, and then deny all responsibility for the negative and unexpected(not fucking tested either) impact on popular and useful add ons. Some of the new options are great. However, they have busted things that were working, map rank, invite system, and a few other little things. Not good enough to say oh that is an add on, not a site offered function.

If my car had after market window tinting, and I took the car to the mechanics to put a turbo and scoop on. The mechanics by some act of carelessness damaged the tint on my windows. They would not be trying to say that it wasn't an option that they offered. They would arrange to fix it. By breaking it, they assumed responsibility for it.

By breaking map rank, the admin / web master / tech heads took responsibility for map rank. They broke it, they should be taking immediate steps to fix it. Am disappointed that the team that brought us poly games can't fix a useful tool that taps into completed game data base. I'm not a tech person, have used excel and access to manage a $1,500,000 food budget, and the kitchen wage bill that went with it. That is the extent of my data base and spreadsheet knowledge. Blake has stated that this is a difficult fix. I'm sure with the amount of tech people on site, if they concentrated on fixing map rank(it was working for years and very stable) I'm sure they could do it.

Blakey maybe less time locking general threads eh? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do appreciate you taking the time to discuss this. Even though you haven't manned up and promised a timely fix as yet. Maybe you could send a rocket in whams direction.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby blakebowling on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:22 am

BoganGod wrote:If my car had after market window tinting, and I took the car to the mechanics to put a turbo and scoop on. The mechanics by some act of carelessness damaged the tint on my windows. They would not be trying to say that it wasn't an option that they offered. They would arrange to fix it. By breaking it, they assumed responsibility for it.

In your scenario, something that you owned was being modified by an entity. With Conquer Club, it's more like the following: I buy a television to watch cable. The cable company changes the format of their channels to one that is not compatible with my television. I say that the cable company is responsible for upgrading / replacing my TV because "it was working before".

Do you see the difference?

No responsibility was taken by CC to keep Map Rank updated. In the future, we would like to implement it as an official part of CC, however I can't promise as to when that will happen.

Also, I'd like to make it clear that Map Rank was by no means stable before this update was released. It was abandoned by it's creator some time ago and as such hasn't been maintained properly.
Private blakebowling

Postby trinicardinal on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:41 pm

Let's keep this simple

1. Map Rank was developed by a player/user of CC not CC itself.
2. That user has abandoned the script so no updates are possible.
3. if CC had to worry about breaking a user developed then abandoned script every time it did an update then no progress would be made
4. You and others would then complain that CC doesn't bring anything new or update anything.
5. So we've had site improvements. The script creator or someone else is free to update the script.
6. As blake has said it is likely to be incorporated into the site at some point in time. Right now we can't say when.
7. In the mean time try this little trick: Go to the game finder page, select all game options except poly and included the player's name then do the maprank... this should work well for most players. just don't expect info on poly games
8. Apparently someone has another script that might help as well... try that if anything... (I haven't though so I don't guarantee any results) viewtopic.php?f=528&t=198476#p4338502
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Return to Conquer Club Discussion