Conquer Club

ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (10/13) - D3: The Bloody Winter Rose

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (10/13) - D3: The Bloody Winter Ro

Postby strike wolf on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:56 pm

You still have 6 votes on you. Unless the mod says differently I will assume that TWO's vote brought the needed number down to 6, which would make sense all things considered.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby The Weird One on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:24 pm

Well, bugger...good game, all.
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
Sergeant The Weird One

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (11/13) - D3: The Bloody Winter Ro

Postby Flow520 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:31 pm

kgb007 wrote:
Commander9 wrote:And... That's a lynch. Scene coming soon^tm.

if TWO voted me and then died, his vote still stands?

You will see from the timestamps that there was less that 60 seconds between the post of Lyanna Stark's death and my vote. I can type fairly quickly, but not 200 words per minute...
Presumably, one could argue that news of her death had not had time to reach the entire town?
(Or I'll just know for next time to just post my vote quickly and say reasoning to follow... :lol: )

strike wolf wrote:You still have 6 votes on you. Unless the mod says differently I will assume that TWO's vote brought the needed number down to 6, which would make sense all things considered.
And there's that. If the trend follows (1 extra vote needed to lynch), with 10 alive, it would take 6 to lynch.
Major Flow520

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (11/13) - D3: The Wolf howls no mo

Postby Flow520 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:53 pm

strike wolf wrote:Also Lysanna showed up as neither reb nor Loyalist and Ned's role is still a mytery. Am I the only one curious about their roles?

I'm guessing since Lysanna was BP we will have no day tomorrow. I am guessing she's Rhaegar's lover (Ned's a possibility but lover wasn't mentioned in his title) but we'll have to wait....poor Rhaegar...he's the one Targaryen I actually like.
Lyanna Stark is Ned's (Eddard Stark) younger sister. Lyanna Stark was betrothed to Robert Baratheon aka Foxglove. And Robert Baratheon's in-game title/role have not yet been revealed.
It would be a really interesting twist if you were right though!

As far as the BP causing no day tomorrow, after reading the wiki page, I see that a common variation is that the loss of a day is only triggered if the town lynches the BP. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Major Flow520

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:22 am

Well damn, not sure how TWO died, but his death probably doesn't help either side much.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:24 am

safariguy5 wrote:Well damn, not sure how TWO died, but his death probably doesn't help either side much.

Yah, weird. Good luck tonight rebels!
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby strike wolf on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:27 am

safariguy5 wrote:Well damn, not sure how TWO died, but his death probably doesn't help either side much.

Well I'm pretty sure it does anything but help Rhaegar.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Minister Masket on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:18 am

strike wolf wrote:Lynches help us. We want a decisive game. I don't have any use for unvoting regardless if they are loyalists or rebels (with exception of when they obviously aren't going to be lynched and it's time to move onto the next person) until I've made up my mind on which side I wish to join. Besides, he was pretty much doomed the moment he claimed loyalist.

Also shame on you Comm, that theory isn't canon yet. [-X [-X [-X

Shame on you, you my son, for thinking this is your decision.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby aage on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:40 am

strike wolf wrote:Also shame on you Comm, that theory isn't canon yet. [-X [-X [-X

"Yet" being the operative word... :-$
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby strike wolf on Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:13 am

aage wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Also shame on you Comm, that theory isn't canon yet. [-X [-X [-X

"Yet" being the operative word... :-$

Oh I agree with the theory for the record, just saying.

Also, dad, stuff like that is why I ran off to join the Kingsguard.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby kgb007 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:41 am

Flow520 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:You still have 6 votes on you. Unless the mod says differently I will assume that TWO's vote brought the needed number down to 6, which would make sense all things considered.
And there's that. If the trend follows (1 extra vote needed to lynch), with 10 alive, it would take 6 to lynch.

well no if there's 10 alive and 1 extra vote needed to lynch, i should still need 7 votes to be lynched

ever play a game with 10 alive and only 5 needed to lynch? i didn't think so
Sergeant 1st Class kgb007

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:23 pm

kgb007 wrote:
Flow520 wrote:

well no if there's 10 alive and 1 extra vote needed to lynch, i should still need 7 votes to be lynched

ever play a game with 10 alive and only 5 needed to lynch? i didn't think so

6. Lynching requires a majority of the town vote, once the majority has been reached any unvotes will not be counted. The majority is half the player's alive +1.

Postby Flow520 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:11 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:6. Lynching requires a majority of the town vote, once the majority has been reached any unvotes will not be counted. The majority is half the player's alive +1.
Oh, I understand now :oops:

Found here
Commander9 wrote:Day 2 has begun. With 13 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
13/2 = 6.5 -round-> 7 + 1 = 8

Found Here
Commander9 wrote:Day 3 has begun. With 11 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
11/2 = 5.5 -round-> 6 + 1 = 7

Given the above and Rule 6 it follows that:
10/2 = 5 + 1 = 6
Major Flow520

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:17 pm

Right. To simplify it, it should read "half of players alive + .5, rounded up" That way 7 are needed for a lynch with 13 alive rather than 8...which is a bit ridiculous...especially when we may be at 9 alive tomorrow and need 6 to lynch...or worse yet, with 3 alive you need...ALL THREE for a lynch!!! I suggest this mechanic be fixed.

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (13/13) - D1: And so it begins...

Postby Commander9 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:07 pm

Dorne had always been different - different culture, different life, different conditions and most importantly... History. The Dorne was not taken by Aegon the Conqueror neither could the Iron Throne hold on to when it was conquered and only through the wedding was it finally brought into the the Westeros great big Kingdom. The Martells, proud rulers of Dorne, had always been careful and may have easily joined the rebelion, if not for Elia's mariage. Doran understood fully that Aerys had been not quite sane in the membrane yet he couldn't act before his plan could come to fruition. Little did he knew that his fate was already sealed when he left the Water Gardens one day. He was ambushed by the assassins and was quickly eliminated. Then, however, since Arianne was still too young, his brother Oberyn became the regent of Dorne and there were some changes...

KGB, Doran Martell Loyalist Doctor, has been lynched on Day 3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Uncle, I don't care about Doran! Tell me more about Lyanna and Rhaegar and Robert! How did she die? Why? She was my favourite character!"
"Sweetling, a girl does not always gets what she wants."
"But Uncle, she didn't deserve to die! She was so young and beautiful and fair!"
"It may be so, but her time had come. Now a girl must go to sleep."
"But I want more!"
"Tomorrow, sweet child, tomorrow. Tomorrow you may hear how winter had indeed come to Westeros and how this rebellion ended. Tomorrow..."

Day 3 is over. Send your actions in the next 72 hours.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (13/13) - D1: And so it begins...

Postby Commander9 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:07 pm

Accidental double post. Ignore.
Last edited by Commander9 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (10/13) - N4: Something Something

Postby spiesr on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:27 pm

I request that you post a Final Vote Count for the Day and clarify if Neb's interpretation of the voting rules is correct.
Captain spiesr

Postby aage on Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:02 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Right. To simplify it, it should read "half of players alive + .5, rounded up" That way 7 are needed for a lynch with 13 alive rather than 8...which is a bit ridiculous...especially when we may be at 9 alive tomorrow and need 6 to lynch...or worse yet, with 3 alive you need...ALL THREE for a lynch!!! I suggest this mechanic be fixed.

It would require three votes, not necessarily all three players. Hope that clarifies it.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:04 pm

aage wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Right. To simplify it, it should read "half of players alive + .5, rounded up" That way 7 are needed for a lynch with 13 alive rather than 8...which is a bit ridiculous...especially when we may be at 9 alive tomorrow and need 6 to lynch...or worse yet, with 3 alive you need...ALL THREE for a lynch!!! I suggest this mechanic be fixed.

It would require three votes, not necessarily all three players. Hope that clarifies it.

It doesn't. I still feel the mechanic is broken...but if that's how you set it up, you must have reasons...

Postby Minister Masket on Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:26 pm

Winter may be coming, but apparently not the next day for this game. What gives eh?
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby strike wolf on Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:33 pm

Comm said he has finals and is never active on weekends. After that I believe he said he should have plenty of time.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:12 am

This is lame.

Postby spiesr on Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:09 pm

All I want for Christmas is a Mod who updates.
Captain spiesr

Postby strike wolf on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:11 am

Is Aage still around? If so would it be possible for him to take over until Comm comes back?

Cadet strike wolf

Postby aage on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:04 am

I am, but apparently nobody except one has bothered to send their night actions to me as well. So if you want me to write you a scene, please do so.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives